~JW Mamas Support thread~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esinedeggplant View Post

I see this is a really old thread, but wondering if there are still any other JW mamas out there? I could use some support!

I`m here smile.gif

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#62 of 72 Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 AM

Wow.  I haven't been to this board in ages...but I just saw this email notification for this thread!  I hope you're all hanging in there!  grouphug.gif

#63 of 72 Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingthetrees View Post

Wow.  I haven't been to this board in ages...but I just saw this email notification for this thread!  I hope you're all hanging in there!  grouphug.gif

Meh. As much as I can I guess...life in this system is rather difficult.  Hope you are doing well as well.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#64 of 72 Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 PM

I didn't see these replies until just now!

I wonder if there's any way to post more privately? I've noticed there are some private posts...

#65 of 72 Old 07-28-2012, 02:37 PM

PMs or IMs basically....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#66 of 72 Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Just fyi, there is a great group of us in Babycenter. It's a private group. We mostly use FB, but we definitely still use it.

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#67 of 72 Old 07-28-2012, 02:48 PM

Oh! I've since had a new LO since my last post! 6 months old.

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#68 of 72 Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishaG View Post

Oh! I've since had a new LO since my last post! 6 months old.

congrats!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

#69 of 72 Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM

Hope it's ok that I post here, it's my first time on this part of the forum.

DH was raised JW, I was not.  DD's first birthday is six days away (I can't believe how fast it has gone) and I'm having trouble just ignoring it completely.  Of course I don't want a birthday celebration or cards, presents etc and I'm try to keep a really low profile with the non JW side of the family around this time, kind of hoping that they will forget about it, but it seems such a huge milestone to not even mention.  My LO is nearly 1!  I feel like shouting it out!  I wad wondering about taking a nice picture of the three of us just so we have something to remember from the day she was one.

Has anyone else done anything to mark this milestone?  We celebrate our wedding anniversary every year but the first one seemed like such a big deal...

1pump.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gifdiaper.gif

#70 of 72 Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear3 View Post

Hope it's ok that I post here, it's my first time on this part of the forum.

DH was raised JW, I was not.  DD's first birthday is six days away (I can't believe how fast it has gone) and I'm having trouble just ignoring it completely.  Of course I don't want a birthday celebration or cards, presents etc and I'm try to keep a really low profile with the non JW side of the family around this time, kind of hoping that they will forget about it, but it seems such a huge milestone to not even mention.  My LO is nearly 1!  I feel like shouting it out!  I wad wondering about taking a nice picture of the three of us just so we have something to remember from the day she was one.

Has anyone else done anything to mark this milestone?  We celebrate our wedding anniversary every year but the first one seemed like such a big deal...

Well, we usually take pics.  I mean, if you are used to celebrating birthdays, then it's hard to not do so, I imagine (I am assuming you are not a JW nor studying). Just as one used to not celebrating them.  It's just not a big deal.  

The thing that we always do with non JW family is just have periodic get-togethers:  BBQs, sit down dinners, amusement park meetups, etc.  We have Cousins Day and Kid's Day and Grandkids Day, Costume parties, etc., where the kids get gifts from family and exchange them, as well.  We do girl's day and guys day for the adults to do fun things together.  There are just so many ways to have fun with kids that have nothing to do with holidays/birthdays.

HTH

#71 of 72 Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 AM

Hi

I'm an unbaptised publisher and haven't celebrated birthdays in over 11yrs, it really doesn't bother me.  The rest of my family lives in the UK so when we visit we use that as an opportunity for gift giving.  Our wedding aniversary is kind of a family celebration day where LO gets gifts too.

I just don't want to not mark the day where she has been alive for 1 yr YKWIM?  I also thought last night about doing a hand and foot print or something...

1pump.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gifdiaper.gif

#72 of 72 Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear3 View Post

Hi

I'm an unbaptised publisher and haven't celebrated birthdays in over 11yrs, it really doesn't bother me.  The rest of my family lives in the UK so when we visit we use that as an opportunity for gift giving.  Our wedding aniversary is kind of a family celebration day where LO gets gifts too.

I just don't want to not mark the day where she has been alive for 1 yr YKWIM?  I also thought last night about doing a hand and foot print or something...

I think so. My daughter is 15 months old. I think we went ti the park, and took pictures. With my older children, the same. I think i made chocolate pudding or something. It really wasn't a,big deal; she doesn't know she's 1. But, we have pics to send out and put up.

Are you on BBC (babycenter)? We have a private group there where you may get more support, if you need it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page