Treasure Map: Official 2009 Is HERE! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I was lurking around on the other TM thread and have known that this is exactly what I need, yet feel a little blocked by my circumstances about actually doing this which is why I only lurked on the other thread. Part of me feels like "I cant", but part of me also knows "I must". The story is.....

I'm technically homeless (leaving a bad relationship), staying with my parents but having to leave soon (they live in an age restricted park). So this means I'll most likely have to go into a shelter with DD. I don't have much of a clutter problem though I cleaned out lots of stuff before I moved the rest of my belongings into storage, so really only have basics to fill whatever will be my next home. And my parents wouldn't think much of me building a TM either, so it would just feel weird doing it here in an unsupportive enviro, but this is where I'll be doing it obviously. I've also been having some really good ideas and really active dreams lately related to the future, so now I just have to get into action...very aries.

So this is good in so many ways, right? It's like a completely clean slate for me to manifest a new life for DD and I. And we really need a lot to manifest for us this year; home, income, friends, etc.

How small can I make the TM? I'll have to transport it in my car for a bit, I have a safe place, but it wouldn't be visible until I'm in my own place. So should I do a written TM also? I really want a collage style TM cuz worded type things I'm not so good at reading it all again and again.... I'm guessing that it is our focus on it through the year that assists the manifestations, and pictures give me a bit more room to dream.

So I'm in this, somehow to get it done, cuz I've got to do this for DD and I. I read Tracy's article on the new moon, and it was really great for opening my eyes to the energies going on. And it made it clear how badly I need to do this cuz I've got several natal planets being uncomfortably activated by these transits. I'd like to address these within the TM. Is that a good idea? I'm a bit of an astrogeek, but don't have access to my astro books right now. These are some heavy, cathartic type aspects like: Natal Moon sign conj approaching TSaturn, Opposing TUranus, and Natal Jupiter conj TPluto, and my Natal Mercury is conj the NewMoon cluster. So should I try to address these in the TM, I'm guessing I would just use the astro houses to guide me where to put them in the 9 categories if I were to follow the bagua style map? Am I going overboard here?

Tomorrow I'm going to buy the magazines, I hope that's OK too, not too late. I know we were supposed to do that like a month ago.
#62 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 04:36 AM

Theia, way to go on manifesting safety for you and your little one, that's just the beginning. Make your tm as small as you need it to be.. or make it over multiple pages so they fit in a folder or notebook. You don't have to see it all the time so flipping through once a day or week will help keep your mind on what you want to create. Much success manifesting a job, a new place to live, and a whole new life!

And nope, you weren't supposed to buy your mags until now, so you're right on time mama!

I went out after dh got home this afternoon (he brought me a starbucks, got me right out of the funk I was in and got several new magazines and we both had fun flipping through them together. I got a house building mag (with a free back copy even), a family vacationing mag and a camping one Camping is something we have wanted to get into doing for a couple of years now, so when I saw that one I snagged it! I'm going to raid the boys gel pen collection and got some stickers that I happened to notice to pretty it up a bit

So tonight, dh is going to Naxx (WOW ) and I'm going treasure mapping :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#63 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Sarmis35 my thoughts are with you and your family

I popped out early to get printer ink and glue and picked up another mag, came home and did a sound (Ah) meditation and some yoga to an inner talk Cd (forgiving & letting go) and was feeling very inspired. Few hours later and I have images cut out and placed on my board but all of a sudden I have lost enthusiasm and am not even sure what I have mappe dis what I want. Last few weeks I have imagined my TM to be circular and to paint and draw at the moment it is egg shape and only cut outs. Think I am going to pop out on my bike to clear my head

ETA; I'm back from my ride and feeling inspired again : I've decided to keep the egg shape and images (gluing down some now that I'm sure of) but not to cut the board this way I can draw and paint in the area around the egg shape :bouncing: I feel much happier about this

Happy TMing everyone :
#64 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Theia,
given your situation I agree with CarriOfOZ. Keep it to a book so you can transport it and keepit close to you. Perhaps you will keep it in your purse.

also, keep your vision big....maybe you don't have to move to a shelter. I have been seeing on the news that people are now house sitting for houses that banks own. By having a person in there it keeps it from getting vandalized. Just a thought.

take each of your aspects and google them. I think you will find the info out there in cyberland. But I think you have a gist of the transtions going on. One thing you are processing is...only seeing the trees and not the forsest (saturn conjunt Moon in Virgo) while at the same time feeling like the Universe is capricious--punitive one minute; generous the next minute (uranus in Pisces). This is a dance many of us do but right now it is the lesson that is most important for you. Open up your vision a bit and bring in faith. That will balance the two energies.
hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#65 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM

Can anyone help me find a way to map being free from anger and rage? especially in my relationships with my beautiful children. Thank you :
#66 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM

Ooooh, I had such a cool idea for my treasure map!!! I'm excited!!! I think I will need to get some velcro, though . . . .

ETA: BTW, thank you Tracy, for your encouragement in putting my dream house on there.

I found the perfect house in the perfect place that I just love, listed for much less than it would have been listed for a year ago-- but we still can't afford it. But I am going to put it on my map anyway!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#67 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Can anyone help me find a way to map being free from anger and rage? especially in my relationships with my beautiful children. Thank you :
When I think of the opposite of anger and rage I think of feeling safe, loved, protected, secure. Trusting, feeling patient with the flow of the universe because you feel taken care of.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#68 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
When I think of the opposite of anger and rage I think of feeling safe, loved, protected, secure. Trusting, feeling patient with the flow of the universe because you feel taken care of.

Thank you: I couldn't see how to take my focus off the anger. I am going to use this for myself:

"I radiate acceptance, I am deeply loved by others. Love surrounds me & protects me."

and in my family area I have a cut out 'mindfullness' to represent being present with my kids and I am watercolouring the words 'loved' 'secure' 'protected' 'safe' around their pictures

Thank you
#69 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
coloradomama- i'm in lakewood, not far from denver- and we got 18 inches..... where are you? 3 inches, really?
Aurora - less than 6 inches for sure when all was said and done. We kept waiting and waiting for the "blizzard." I'm glad to know that other parts of the city actually got some good snow. We needed it so badly - I just wish we'd have gotten it.

I was too tired to finish my TM last night, so I am going to work on it today!
#70 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 AM

ahh, now i know why the pagan thread is so quiet! yer all over here!

i didnt read all FOUR pages, lol, but hugs to all in rough spots, and
magical mapping vibes to manifest marvelousness!

my whole plan is of course, unsuprisingly, changing as the energy flows thru... but it's so far been MUCH more fun and happy and vibrant than last year! and, somewhat impatient. anyone else finding that? sort of "yes, use this image now move on!" whereas i'm a real dithering sort typically, lol. (yes, libra<wink>)

i wanted to share something i'm finding really helpful for clearing out negatives (or just influences) before working on mapping... sort of like tapping/eft, but a much more... simplistic form (for those of you who are sick of my mentioning it, lol...) anyhow, i'm *loving* it, and i think it's really helping me "hear"/"see" my .. answers.. more clearly! click here for the video.

happy day two of mapping! huzzah!
:
#71 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM

OK, after the events of yesteray (and getting yet another crappy night's sleep) I am in a piss poor mood today. I'm crabby, I'm bitchy and I'm just all around angry.

I can't seem to snap out of it, and frankly, it's most likely more biological than psychological.

I'm trying to work on my map and NOTHING is happening. I'm not finding ANY images, just some words. I have TEN BRAND NEW MAGAZINES and Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I've got a list of affirmations I wrote yesterday, but I'm just in such a pissy mood that I don't even feel like typing them out. I dont' want a map that's just a bunch of words.

I feel like just bagging it and saying farkitol. But i know I need to do this. So what do I do... set it aside and HOPE that later or tomorrow I feel better? What if that doesn't happen? Do I just push through and make a shitty map full of negativity and anger? I don't think that's a very good idea.

I'm frustrated and pissed off. I looked so forward to this for so long and now it's just NOT coming together.

I just want to go curl up in a ball and cry... but, no, I can't because *I* am the only parent around. No, I don't have a babysitter I can call, so please don't suggest that.
#72 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
my whole plan is of course, unsuprisingly, changing as the energy flows thru... but it's so far been MUCH more fun and happy and vibrant than last year! and, somewhat impatient. anyone else finding that? sort of "yes, use this image now move on!" whereas i'm a real dithering sort typically, lol. (yes, libra<wink>)

:
YES! fast! its thrown me a bit but I'm loving it
#73 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Tracy,

Thanks for the guidance regarding the yucky stuff coming up. Both my kids have been sick all week, and I came down with a bad cold yesterday so I am not feeling very focused and energized.

Last year was my first TM and I had a blast. I felt so much energy and loved the result - my map was big and ambitious and I think it was what I needed at the time as I had recently started a new parenting and spiritual journey. Quite a few things on my map manifested, many didn't, and I'm ok with that.

I have looked thru 3 new mags and have yet to be inspired this year. My thoughts keep running to last year's map - wondering if an image is too similar to one from last year. I want this map to reflect the changes in my life, to acknowledge that I am in a different place in my journey now, but many of the things that did not yet manifest continue to be important to me. And even where I made progress, there may still be even more progress to make in that same area (like healthy eating, exercise, etc).

So I feel caught between the old and the new. Anyone else feel that tension?

Regards,
Theresa
#74 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

So I was all proud of myself because all night last night people were bothering me and coming over to the house and my kids were being more hyper than usual but I said NO! no, I am doing my TM!

So I sat my big pregnant booty on the couch and spent an unknown amount of time putting my beautiful TM together. It's smaller than I envisioned but I'm glad I did it that way and I didn't use the images or the amount of images I thought and started writing and coloring in but I'm a writer who responds to color so that makes sense!

Here I am all : last night and this morning and I come over here and....

.... yeah I don't know how i got it stuck in my head we were doing it Thursday night the 26th but I did and I didn't double check. Grrreeeeeat. :

How big of a boo boo did I make?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#75 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

So I was all proud of myself because all night last night people were bothering me and coming over to the house and my kids were being more hyper than usual but I said NO! no, I am doing my TM!

So I sat my big pregnant booty on the couch and spent an unknown amount of time putting my beautiful TM together. It's smaller than I envisioned but I'm glad I did it that way and I didn't use the images or the amount of images I thought and started writing and coloring in but I'm a writer who responds to color so that makes sense!

.... yeah I don't know how i got it stuck in my head we were doing it Thursday night the 26th but I did and I didn't double check. Grrreeeeeat. :

TM time *is* Thursday, March 26, so you did it perfectly! :

Your location is similar to mine and our time to begin was Thursday @ 9:06 am, so you did GREAT!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#76 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
TM time *is* Thursday, March 26, so you did it perfectly! :

Your location is similar to mine and our time to begin was Thursday @ 9:06 am, so you did GREAT!
Thank you thank you! :

I just came here and no one posted about being done so I assumed I had really messed up.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#77 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Thank you thank you! :
It was my pleasure!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#78 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

No boo boo Thursday 26th was start date mama, not sure what time zone you are but new moon (start of TM) was about 12noon EDT
#79 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Wow- so much energy here! Love to all you wild Treasure Mappers!

I was feeling very little inspiration and then this morning I decided to make a Power Point TM! It's structure and ease (and at the same time the creativity it allows) are just what I need this year!

:

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#80 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Way to go, Maggie! I'm still working on mine. Haven't printed anything, cut out anything, nothin'. I have found some images from the computer though, and the plan for the layout of my map is starting to come together in my mind. This one is going to be different than the last couple years, I think. We'll see how it goes when I put it together. Can't wait to start sharing our finished treasure maps!

#81 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 PM

I'm having issues. I feel like my section on fertility is missing something. I really want to manifest getting pregnant and having a baby. I have the affirmation "I am blessed with abundant fertility" on it. I also have a family section with words like "baby, youth, children, mother," etc. It also has the affirmation "I love being a mother."

Why do I feel like something is missing. I added even added in a picture of a fertility necklace to go along with the images I have of 2 pregnant goddesses and the venus of willendorf.

I can't put my finger on what's wrong.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#82 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM

dh and the kids came home so I'm taking a break from mine to help them. Ds2 who will be 3 next month finished his so I thought I'd share it : He mapped animals, beach, friends and easter eggs! The red drawing is his nums nums which was what he wanted most for the next year :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7334404@N02/?saved=1
#83 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
dh and the kids came home so I'm taking a break from mine to help them. Ds2 who will be 3 next month finished his so I thought I'd share it : He mapped animals, beach, friends and easter eggs! The red drawing is his nums nums which was what he wanted most for the next year :

Oh my gosh I LOVE it!

#84 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I'm having issues. I feel like my section on fertility is missing something. I really want to manifest getting pregnant and having a baby. I have the affirmation "I am blessed with abundant fertility" on it. I also have a family section with words like "baby, youth, children, mother," etc. It also has the affirmation "I love being a mother."

Why do I feel like something is missing. I added even added in a picture of a fertility necklace to go along with the images I have of 2 pregnant goddesses and the venus of willendorf.

How about an affirmation about being pregnant, maybe 'I love my beautiful pregnant body' or 'I am joyfully pregnant and excited to birth my baby'
#85 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM

BellaLuna Rayne_ I can't guess what's missing for you, but what do your instincts say? Do you have pictures of actual babies? An image of you and dh in a family way? It will happen, don't worry! Is there anything else you want to accomplish/do for yourself before you make that lifetime commitment to a child?

I was wondering why the feng shui bagua was used for TM layouts- as best I can tell, it's for a comprehensive and organized layout for many of life's aspects. I found a site that you can click on and get more info and ideas pertaining to each gua- so if anyone if feeling stuck in a certain area, check it out , just scroll down to the life areas http://www.feng-shui-vibes.com/feng-shui-bagua-map.html

I'm off to search for images for me
#86 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
How about an affirmation about being pregnant, maybe 'I love my beautiful pregnant body' or 'I am joyfully pregnant and excited to birth my baby'
Ooh, thank you! I was trying to think of affirmations along those lines before I posted and was drawing a complete blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
BellaLuna Rayne_ I can't guess what's missing for you, but what do your instincts say? Do you have pictures of actual babies? An image of you and dh in a family way? It will happen, don't worry! Is there anything else you want to accomplish/do for yourself before you make that lifetime commitment to a child?
Thanks for the suggestion about a picture of DH and I. I will put that in my relationship section. Which sorta melds with the fertility/health and family/baby section. Its all one corner of my board.

I have pictures of actual babies in the family section. Well, one baby and one toddler. I also have some kid stuff in there, like a window star and the playhouse tent thing (great description huh?) from Nova Natural.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#87 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post

BellaLuna,

As an adoptive mom myself, my first thought was that you don't necessarily need abundant fertility to become a mother ... there are multiple paths.

Go with what feels right for you. If FreeSpiritMama's suggestion to affirm a pregnancy speaks to you, go for it! If you are comfortable focusing on being a mother and leave the "how" to the universe, you can take the emphasis off your fertility.

Either way, blessings to you!
Theresa
#88 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 01:46 PM

About wanting a pregnancy/baby-- here's what worked for me with last year's TM (as I hold my sleeping baby in a sling right now!)

I didn't think I wanted another baby. We were "done". But I kept feeling drawn to these pictures of little girls. I finally picked two good ones, who happened to look a bit like me as a little girl, and they were smiling really big. To me, I thought they represented me getting in touch with my inner child and having more fun, being more creative. I put them in my creativity section (as per the bagua concept) which is also, incidentally, the children/offspring section. I guess what really happened was, I created a little girl! (Maybe one represented me and one my daughter? I don't know! My subconscious knew though!)

I got pregnant the next month, and now I have a little girl who looks like me!

And now we really are done. Really.

#89 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:

that is so cute!!

eh. who needs a signature?
#90 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Theia, way to go on manifesting safety for you and your little one, that's just the beginning. Make your tm as small as you need it to be.. or make it over multiple pages so they fit in a folder or notebook. You don't have to see it all the time so flipping through once a day or week will help keep your mind on what you want to create. Much success manifesting a job, a new place to live, and a whole new life!

And nope, you weren't supposed to buy your mags until now, so you're right on time mama!

I went out after dh got home this afternoon (he brought me a starbucks, got me right out of the funk I was in and got several new magazines and we both had fun flipping through them together. I got a house building mag (with a free back copy even), a family vacationing mag and a camping one Camping is something we have wanted to get into doing for a couple of years now, so when I saw that one I snagged it! I'm going to raid the boys gel pen collection and got some stickers that I happened to notice to pretty it up a bit

So tonight, dh is going to Naxx (WOW ) and I'm going treasure mapping :
Thanks CariOfOz! I like the folder idea. I think I'll do that instead. It'll be easier to transport and I'll be able to look at it more frequently. Otherwise I was going to store it in the back of my car under the rubber thing that protects the carpeting, so pulling it out would have meant needing to have everything out of the back. So I'm going to reorganize the supplies list a bit to include a binder. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Theia,
given your situation I agree with CarriOfOZ. Keep it to a book so you can transport it and keepit close to you. Perhaps you will keep it in your purse.

also, keep your vision big....maybe you don't have to move to a shelter. I have been seeing on the news that people are now house sitting for houses that banks own. By having a person in there it keeps it from getting vandalized. Just a thought.

take each of your aspects and google them. I think you will find the info out there in cyberland. But I think you have a gist of the transtions going on. One thing you are processing is...only seeing the trees and not the forsest (saturn conjunt Moon in Virgo) while at the same time feeling like the Universe is capricious--punitive one minute; generous the next minute (uranus in Pisces). This is a dance many of us do but right now it is the lesson that is most important for you. Open up your vision a bit and bring in faith. That will balance the two energies.
hugs
Tracy, you are literally making me cry. It makes me cry when someone see's or touches a tender spot. Yeah, right now I only see obstacles rather than the life that is waiting for me on the other side of all of this. I know it's there, but the challenges seem so insurmountable most of the time. And the capricious Universe, is being mostly punitive atm, it's generosity is coming with strings attached. Uranus is in my 4th conj my IC, so my Mom/parents home is really getting to me. She wants answers that I don't have even for myself. And her words hold such power over me being that Moons way up in my 10th conj Pluto and my Midheaven. I've got a big rant about that from this morning but will save that for another place. I've also seen the stories about housesitting, but they were still having to pay like renters with utilities and all that. I've gotta have an income, but maybe if I get an income a situation like that would get me out of shelter more quickly. I'm going to leave here on Monday and drive 10 hours back to the town DD and I will be living in. But I will open my vision up and not limit myself to what I 'think' is possible in a year starting from nothing. I've tried to manifest things before and it has always seemed to work better when I didn't focus on what I wanted after putting it out there. The times I tried to work with faith I seemed to have faltered, not trusted and as a result not manifested. Ok, I'm going to really work on what you've suggested.

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page