Treasure Map: Official 2009 Is HERE! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 444 Old 03-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Yes. I always forget to mention it is good to have a photo of yourself on your map.
Tracy! I know you mentioned having a photo of yourself looking vibrant and happy...but the one photo i want to put up is of me sitting in arches national park with my back to the camera and peeking over my shoulder, is that ok? am i being too analytical? i am a virgo afterall...

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#122 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM

I'm only on prepping my actual boad, and it's not perfect and bugging me. Is this something like "it's not perfect for a reason and I need to deal with it" or I should just run out to the store and get new poster board and start again.

FYI: I feel compelled to do my treasure map within a circle. It's the circle that's not perfect.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#123 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresal View Post
I took photos of it on my cell phone so I always have it with me. I have 1 photo of the whole thing that you can't see details but can get the feel of it. THen I took individual photos of the individual baguas and you can see them pretty well.

I love the idea of using a copy as a journal book cover. Very inspiring.

Theresa
I copied out my affrimations last year and put them in my phototravel mug. They did run eventually from a slow leak from washing out the mug.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#124 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 01:39 AM

i spent too much on magazines last night but i found another one with an image i have to have.....i'm going to go through my mags i bought and make sure i don't already have it but if i need to i'll buy it

i haven't done any real work on the board yet but got inspiration for an affirmation to put on it at work today "i am so thankful to have enough and then some"

and i am disapointed not to have found any glossy pics of natural birth

i think i'll check my books and see if i can find something that wouldn't be too hard to trace....
#125 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 01:43 AM
gun

Done!!! DH and I just finished at about midnight and I am really happy with it!

Peace- Heather
#126 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 02:04 AM

I just finished. Or...I may add a couple of images. It's really word/phrase heavy this year. And really packed full of stuff. Last year I was really intentional and gave every bit of a it a lot of thought. This year, I just ran with my gut. It seems to be a lot more self-centered and career/life-long dream centered this year. I'm not making that mean anything. Perhaps as I seek balance I swing from being focused on others to being focused on me and then back again. Perhaps not. Last year there were a few things on my map that I didn't pursue...I just wanted them to happen to me. Those were the things that did not get realized. So, that was a good lesson. I need to focus on accomplishing what I want this year. Some things seem unattainable, or that to attain them the cost might be too great. However, the universe has proven over and over that all the pieces can fall into place to create the best scenario for all involved. I am moving forward from this moment, focusing both on what I really want and on being aware of the needs of my family. The universe can give me both.

Another thing that is different this year is that I have not used any specific affirmations. Lots of the phrases I found will work as affirmations, but I didn't create any on my own. Also, so many of the things that were so important to me last year are not as important this year and I think that is largely because they were realized. For instance, I really wanted my home to be a haven and comfortable place for everyone who visits. It is now. Do I need to ask for it again? I don't think so. I think it will continue to be like that. Another thing I focused on a lot was loving my body and treating my body like a friend. I never thought I could be free of that need, but it is no longer a need because that is now my perspective; my body is my friend and I treat it as such.

I don't have a new car. I never made it to Mexico. But the body issue? That is huger than all the other things that didn't happen combined! And this year, I don't want to go to Mexico. I want to go to the UK!
#127 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 AM

I'm excited; hoping to buy mags on Tuesday when I get paid.

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#128 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 03:47 AM

If we're using images from the net, can we use any of the same images as we had on a previous map?

Still feeling really down/uninspired, but I figured I'd at least try to start looking for images.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#129 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
Will someone please remind me where spirituality fits best, if I am following the feng shui baguas? I can see it fitting in several areas and am curious where it traditionally goes... Thanks!
Spirituality fits in 7 & 9. 7 I use for more personal growth and 9 for things like angels, buddah statues, pics of influential spiritiual people
#130 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 AM

So, I have experienced some 'Yuck.' I woke up not long ago from a nightmare about a known murderer who was trying to date me. Very creepy. The weird thing is I don't watch TV or scary movies preciesly because I am sensitive to this kind of thing. I am reading 'The Woman in White," however, so maybe that is what put it in my mind, but the dream was very different than that story. Another weird thing is that I am married, so what is this dating thing about? Was it just a random, scary dream?

Ever since I read Tracy's article about confronting the ick, I have been thinking about it. I didn't think I was looking for it, but now I don't know. I am pretty creeped out- I woke up thinking that I needed to address murder on my map. Then I went and checked/ locked all the doors. Am I overreacting? Should I only address Nightmares? And how do I do that anyway, without encouraging more (I tend to map pictorially so I am a bit lost on this one.) This is very weird for me, I never feel lost about this kind of thing, and I also never like to discuss my TM when I am making it (for fear of it not being my own, I guess.)

And here I thought (just before I fell asleep) the yuck thing I would be addressing is some indigestion I have been having the last two days (I was also wondering how I should map that.) I this TM time is really different for me this time around.
#131 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 AM

I went to bed thinking my map was almost finished and wondering/worried why there is a big space in the middle of the map above my image, turns out I have woken up this morning realising there are things I have not addressed in my treasure map that I really, really need to. Being taurus I'm a little scared of change at times! but I need to put things out there

Anyone know what bees and butterflys could be symbolic of? I have 3 maybe 4 butterfly images and 2 of bees that I'm not sure why they are there but I just know they need to be.

Wishing everyone a great day of mapping and hoping those that felt stuck yesterday have lots of great TM energy flowing today :
#132 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 AM

Well, I'd guess that bee's and butterflies would be symbold of fertillity.
#133 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Coyotebones~ View Post
So, I have experienced some 'Yuck.' I woke up not long ago from a nightmare about a known murderer who was trying to date me. Very creepy. The weird thing is I don't watch TV or scary movies preciesly because I am sensitive to this kind of thing. I am reading 'The Woman in White," however, so maybe that is what put it in my mind, but the dream was very different than that story. Another weird thing is that I am married, so what is this dating thing about? Was it just a random, scary dream?

Ever since I read Tracy's article about confronting the ick, I have been thinking about it. I didn't think I was looking for it, but now I don't know. I am pretty creeped out- I woke up thinking that I needed to address murder on my map. Then I went and checked/ locked all the doors. Am I overreacting? Should I only address Nightmares? And how do I do that anyway, without encouraging more (I tend to map pictorially so I am a bit lost on this one.) This is very weird for me, I never feel lost about this kind of thing, and I also never like to discuss my TM when I am making it (for fear of it not being my own, I guess.)

I would probably put on some affirmations (or pictures that say these things to you ) like

'My dreams nourish and support me'

'I awake nourished and refreshed with positive clear messages from my dreams'

Quote:
And here I thought (just before I fell asleep) the yuck thing I would be addressing is some indigestion I have been having the last two days (I was also wondering how I should map that.) I this TM time is really different for me this time around.
'I choose foods that nourish and support me'

'I enjoy blessing my food eating mindfully'

'My body knows perfect health'
#134 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Well, I'd guess that bee's and butterflies would be symbold of fertillity.
Thank you thats very interesting, I would LOVE another baby but even though I've been drawn to map it I have resisted beacuse we're putting off TTC for at least a year for various reasons. I need to think on this more, lots of 'underground' things coming up for me this TM
#135 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:36 AM

Thanks, FreeSpiritMama. I like those ideas about the dreaming. I guess I was so creeped out I couldn't see positivity.

The indigestion thing is weird though. I eat really healthfully, and mindfully and I really make a point of this everyday. Indigestion is something I get during pregnancy, but not othwise. It first came up Wednesday night, and now again, so I am wondering what the heck is going on. Why would new moon throw something like this at me when it is so out of character, and also physical?
#136 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:40 AM

I know what you mean about underground things. I keep wanting to put up travel images to places like Greece, Italy, etc, but we really, really need to save money too. I kind of want to hang around home for the next year, but the urge to travel is strong. I always want to travel, though. Maybe it is just that I am so used to maping that kind of thing.
#137 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks, FreeSpiritMama. I like those ideas about the dreaming. I guess I was so creeped out I couldn't see positivity.
You're welcome

Quote:
The indigestion thing is weird though. I eat really healthfully, and mindfully and I really make a point of this everyday. Indigestion is something I get during pregnancy, but not othwise. It first came up Wednesday night, and now again, so I am wondering what the heck is going on. Why would new moon throw something like this at me when it is so out of character, and also physical?
Maybe its symbolic of something in your life you are having trouble 'digesting'?

I'm sure lots of these other wonderful ladies will have some great ideas for you when they come online later
#138 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:52 AM

Hmmm, that is a very interesting idea about having trouble digesting something in my life. Well, I better go back to bed and I hope have some good dreams about Treasure Mapping!
#139 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 04:59 AM

Oh Yuck! Now I just saw a cockroach just as I was walking to bed. I don't get it; I am kind of obsessive about cleaning, expecially floors. I mop all of my floor probably a couple times a week.

Pluto, why are you doing this to me?! Good grief!
#140 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 AM

Eeew, Coyotebones! I've been living in a mostly cockroach-free area for a few years but still get shudders at the memory. Hope he's a loner!

Mostly done mine...9 scrapbook pages all lined up on the white board in my kitchen, awaiting the finishing touches

Jinkies, it's 4 am! I am going to PAY for this tomorrow, because dh has to work and dsage2 will be up at first light. But a stretch of several hours to work on a creative and personal project is more precious than sleep around here!

I still need some clarification on bagua's 7 and 9. Will sleep on that....

Also still need to write my affirmations. I want to talk about the goals on my TM that include family and partnership with my dh and older children tomorrow. If I have the energy to get out of bed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs*kewpie*pie View Post
i spent too much on magazines last night but i found another one with an image i have to have.....i'm going to go through my mags i bought and make sure i don't already have it but if i need to i'll buy it
I've spent rather too much on magazines, too, though I did thrift some of them. I understand the magazine publishing industry is not doing so well. At least it is a bit of a boost for them. I bought more magazines yesterday than I normally do in a year -- I wonder if the treasure mappers in early spring are numerous enough to really boost overall sales? Or if magazine writers/editors/photographers ever work on March/April issues with TMers in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
I Last year there were a few things on my map that I didn't pursue...I just wanted them to happen to me. Those were the things that did not get realized. So, that was a good lesson. I need to focus on accomplishing what I want this year. Some things seem unattainable, or that to attain them the cost might be too great. However, the universe has proven over and over that all the pieces can fall into place to create the best scenario for all involved. I am moving forward from this moment, focusing both on what I really want and on being aware of the needs of my family. The universe can give me both

Another thing that is different this year is that I have not used any specific affirmations. Lots of the phrases I found will work as affirmations, but I didn't create any on my own. Also, so many of the things that were so important to me last year are not as important this year and I think that is largely because they were realized. For instance, I really wanted my home to be a haven and comfortable place for everyone who visits. It is now. Do I need to ask for it again? I don't think so. I think it will continue to be like that.
Thanks for sharing your musings. I found them very useful.

Besides the treasure mapping, I have been writing down affirmations and goals every month on the new moon, and I know I get superstitious about repeating the old ones that have been fulfilled, but that I don't want to "lose". I need to relax about this -- my list of affirmations and goals gets longer and longer, with me being afraid to release any of them. It is starting to be a boring chore writing them out! That can't be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Spirituality fits in 7 & 9. 7 I use for more personal growth and 9 for things like angels, buddah statues, pics of influential spiritiual people
Thank's for clarifying how you use these baguas. I have been struggling with these ones a bit myself. I've been really heavy on the travel imagery in #7 with this one, too, but yeah, travel and spirituality fit together really well....

Quote:
Anyone know what bees and butterflys could be symbolic of? I have 3 maybe 4 butterfly images and 2 of bees that I'm not sure why they are there but I just know they need to be.
Bees: Besides fertility, I'd say that bees could symbolize industry, "busy bees" productivity...

I have a couple of butterflies on my map myself. To me, they symbolize transformation of all kinds, hope, fragility, and (very literally ) my goal to raise some caterpillars through to metamorphosis with my children this summer.
#141 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 AM

'morning, mamas! it's still treasure map time! : i'm feeling better, and i am ready to start pulling the map together today. i am going to have some coffee, breakfast, a shower, then start putting the background together.
at 11:00, i'm going to my friend's because she has a digital camera, and she's going to take some photos of me and send them to me via computer. so i can pick one for the center of my map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmlife View Post
I'm using a foam board this year and really like it.

I think I'm going to the bead store tomorrow and see what little gems catch my eye. Will hot glue gun them on and might trim the edge in ribbon or fabric.

Wanted to mention how much I love this thread and knowing all these amazing women are out there doing this. Feels like strength in numbers. Glad to meet you my new mothering friends:
i use a foam board, too! what do other people use?
i also found some pretty sparklies at Target in the scrapbooking section. i wonder what i did with them? : your idea of fabric sounds pretty.

i love that we are all doing this, too. this year, i found out that there are a bunch of local women mapping, too! i'm on this huge local list of mamas and most of us haven't met in person. there used to be this huge mother's day picnic but that didn't happen last year anyway they invited me over to map the first day, but i have been sick with food poisoning and didn't much want to go anywhere. it's all good, though. i haven't mapped with other people and don't know how that would go with me. i'm kind of private with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
...but the one photo i want to put up is of me sitting in arches national park with my back to the camera and peeking over my shoulder, is that ok? am i being too analytical? i am a virgo afterall...
is there something to that, the coyness? it sounds like a cute photo. i dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
Another thing I focused on a lot was loving my body and treating my body like a friend. I never thought I could be free of that need, but it is no longer a need because that is now my perspective; my body is my friend and I treat it as such.
that's awesome! i haven't thought of it from that perspective! what a great idea! mind if i steal it?

Quote:
I woke up not long ago from a nightmare about a known murderer who was trying to date me. Very creepy.
Was it just a random, scary dream?

And here I thought (just before I fell asleep) the yuck thing I would be addressing is some indigestion I have been having the last two days
sometimes digestive stuff can manifest elsewhere. like in dreams. remember Scrooge? "It might be a bit of underdone potato"-- digestive stuff can do funny things.

Quote:
butterflies are change, i know that. think metamorphosis. the Al-Anon group uses it for one of its symbols. or at least, it used to. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I bought more magazines yesterday than I normally do in a year -- I wonder if the treasure mappers in early spring are numerous enough to really boost overall sales? Or if magazine writers/editors/photographers ever work on March/April issues with TMers in mind?
oh good gracious, don't EVEN suggest that. we don't want advertisers and magazine people manipulating our mapping thoughts! : now that is a creepy thought.

happy day, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#142 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
Tracy! I know you mentioned having a photo of yourself looking vibrant and happy...but the one photo i want to put up is of me sitting in arches national park with my back to the camera and peeking over my shoulder, is that ok? am i being too analytical? i am a virgo afterall...

sounds fine to me!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#143 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

coyotebones,
consider this thought.
Murder/death may be symbolic of some part of you that must die. Is there a part of you that is hanging on for dear life? Really a part of you that no longer serves you. Maybe it is an overly romantic you and it is time to be pratical, maybe it is an overly dutiful daughter that needs to be an independent woman, maybe it is fearful little mouse in you that needs to be the strong lion.

And a cockroach is a survivor. truly.
perhaps it is time to release some part of you so you can be a real survivor.

kick that around for a bit. and if it makes sense put the new you (without the part that needs to be released) and see yourself as a survivor. What would that map look like for you? I'm not asking to be told, just for you to think about.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#144 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM

i had a group of mamas over last nite and we had a blast!!!! we had magazines and cuttings everywhere!!! my friend took pics and once she sends them to me i'll post one of all of us and our boards!

i am almost finished mine too. i looked at it today and it feels "empty" without pics of me and my family so i am gonna snap some today and put them on. i have to do my affirmations too - i am gonna put them on with those dots that make them pop from the page! i can't wait!!!

i couldn't fit everything i wanted on this board so i've decided to make a mini-board of just "style" items.......one thing i want to change this year. i will address it on the big board - but then use a mini-board to just have pics of the style of clothes - furnishings etc..........

one question though - some areas of my board are very full and obvious...whle others are not.........i feel like i should fill them in more but i can't seem to find images that fit or affirmations that work................is that trying to tell me something???
#145 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 AM

please give me your opinion on this...................

i have an image of open hands with coins in it........and underneath a caption that says giving until it hurts................

i was so drawn to that image - esp the hands......esp since i really want to do work with the homeless (its in my top/middle bagua) but i am concerned about the caption.......it gives me a feeling but i can't figure out whether its a good feeling or a bad feeling...kwim??? i'd hate to have it manifest into something negative for my family and finances...........

oh! one final thing i LOVED about this process.....i loved how when i was placing an image that seemed to fit 2 or 3 baguas i was able to put it in the corner of all them - b/c it all just flowed and showed how everything really is connected to each other..........
#146 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 AM

I am having a hard time. DH hasn't been home at all ( he is really busy with work and school this week-- he's at class right now) and my one-month-old has been pretty needy (shocking, I know.) And of course there are the two preschoolers. Basically, I have had almost no time to really focus on my map-- and absolutely no time to actually take out all the pieces and piece them together. It has to be after the boys are asleep, or when they are really distracted in another room, but ideally my newborn would be sleeping pretty well, too, so I could put her down for a bit (it's hard to work around carrying her.) But I haven't had a moment's peace yet!!! I'm just feeling a little frustrated.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#147 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Lorena-- I, personally, wouldn't want to put the word "hurts" on my map. I would probably just use the word "giving" under the image.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#148 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM

LTB I hope you get some time later with all your little ones sleeping, my last 2 years TMing where challenging trying to find any time with dh working a lot and my youngest needing me. Do little bits when you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
please give me your opinion on this...................

i have an image of open hands with coins in it........and underneath a caption that says giving until it hurts................

i was so drawn to that image - esp the hands......esp since i really want to do work with the homeless (its in my top/middle bagua) but i am concerned about the caption.......it gives me a feeling but i can't figure out whether its a good feeling or a bad feeling...kwim??? i'd hate to have it manifest into something negative for my family and finances...........

Personally I wouldn't want to use those words, I would listen to your feelings of concern you are having them for a reason
#149 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM

so many posts! i dont have time to read and reply, cause then i'd lose my 5 min to work on stuff today, lol, but i just had to send happy bouncy vibes and thoughts to all!!!

:::
#150 of 444 Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 AM

oh! and if you are feeling stuck and ick and you havent clicked on this link, what on earth are you waiting for??? (it takes three minutes. do it for yourself, do it for your family. if you dont feel better after, i'll send you some chocolate.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page