Treasure Map: Official 2009 Is HERE! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2009, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatedAttic View Post
How taboo is it to reuse elements from last years map, or the map as a whole? Mine has been in storage for most of the year and I just pulled it out last week in prep for gearing up for this year. Although I did have a lot of great movement in some areas, some were barely touched. The whole thing is still really speaking to me. Is it okay to reuse it, maybe adding a few new images or pulling the couple that feel "old". Or is this a big no-no?

I've been thinking about your question a lot, I think go with your intuition. Personally I keep my TMs and I believe I still have things manifesting from my old ones that I haven't felt the need to re-map this year. Not sure I'm much help and I'm sure Tracy will have some input but I wanted to answer

ETA I just had another thought, could this be a symbol of letting go? Maybe something to thing about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 AM

Still working on my map over here. It's great to see so many beautiful finished ones! I will start putting things to paper today after I print out stuff I've selected. Some unexpected stuff has come up while trying to do this. I'm not really sure what I want in terms of relationships. I had a massive fight with DP the night mapping started, and I definitely want to map it, but I just don't feel like I have the energy to figure out what I want. I avoid things when they're hard/messy, and I can feel myself trying to avoid sorting this out.

Something else has come up for me, too, and it's weird because I'm aware that I'm not quite ready to let go of it yet, even though I need to. I have some weird OCD/disordered eating stuff that needs to go away NOW before I'm pregnant. Again, it seems hard and I just want to avoid it. Would that go in health or self discovery, or both?

On a lighter note, as DP, our housemate, and I were working on our maps on the living room floor, the cat kept wandering through and looking very intently at our magazines and cuttings. I'm convinced she wants to make one...if only she had thumbs!

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenya View Post
I've been working a bit on my map, but won't have concentrated time to sit down until Monday or Tuesday. I have been putting more thought into it though and last night as I fell asleep I remembered a picture in a catalog which I had looked at about a month ago and thought it would be perfect for my map. I know we're not supposed to get or look at things for the map before the Aries new moon, but when I looked through that catalog before I had no thoughts of treasure mapping, and even now, I probably wouldn't look through the catalog with treasure mapping in mind, but would it be ok to use that image even though I first saw it before treasure maping started?
if the image still works for you now... during new go for it.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 03-29-2009, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
please give me your opinion on this...................

i have an image of open hands with coins in it........and underneath a caption that says giving until it hurts................

i was so drawn to that image - esp the hands......esp since i really want to do work with the homeless (its in my top/middle bagua) but i am concerned about the caption.......it gives me a feeling but i can't figure out whether its a good feeling or a bad feeling...kwim??? i'd hate to have it manifest into something negative for my family and finances...........

oh! one final thing i LOVED about this process.....i loved how when i was placing an image that seemed to fit 2 or 3 baguas i was able to put it in the corner of all them - b/c it all just flowed and showed how everything really is connected to each other..........

no way. seriously..no way!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I haven't really been following the thread. I really wanted to say Thank You to Tracy for this thread. Last year was the first year I did a map and there was definite movement in many areas. Some wasn't what I expected but when looking over my map I can see why things went wrong. I did my map last night and am so excited. I think I have a much better handle on it than I did last year and I feel it is much more intentional. Anyway, thanks for clueing me in to this important self-growth tool.
Wendi
My pleasure, Wend!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatedAttic View Post
How taboo is it to reuse elements from last years map, or the map as a whole? Mine has been in storage for most of the year and I just pulled it out last week in prep for gearing up for this year. Although I did have a lot of great movement in some areas, some were barely touched. The whole thing is still really speaking to me. Is it okay to reuse it, maybe adding a few new images or pulling the couple that feel "old". Or is this a big no-no?
hmmm... if the images really speak to you. then go ahead.

I normall don't do it but I had a friend who has sometimes returned an image to the new map. And her maps do pretty well.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystyn33 View Post
Tracy, thanks so much for your wonderful blog (which I read regularly) and the inspiration to do this. I hosted a Treasure Mapping party (mentioned here by Maiasaura--glad you are feeling better BTW!!) and we had a great time even though we didn't get past some intense photo clipping.

I'm so pleased with how mine turned out (and that DS had unusually long naps the past two days, giving me time to complete the map and reflect and write about it).

If anyone has the time or inclination you can see mine and read about it here.

What a great way to channel optimism in less than inspiring times!

ETA--and I can see some mojo working from this already. Today my FIL stopped by with a surprise check from his mother, and my diploma for the MA I left unfinished almost 10 years ago (and completed coursework for last semester) arrived in the mail.

oh, great. I had a couple friends set up some treasure mapping parties...and most of the time it does turn into a clipping festival..with some good laughs...

On thursday I handed my friend a photo of a man who was so NOT her type and we had a big laugh about it.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinanny View Post
Still working on my map over here. It's great to see so many beautiful finished ones! I will start putting things to paper today after I print out stuff I've selected. Some unexpected stuff has come up while trying to do this. I'm not really sure what I want in terms of relationships. I had a massive fight with DP the night mapping started, and I definitely want to map it, but I just don't feel like I have the energy to figure out what I want. I avoid things when they're hard/messy, and I can feel myself trying to avoid sorting this out.

Something else has come up for me, too, and it's weird because I'm aware that I'm not quite ready to let go of it yet, even though I need to. I have some weird OCD/disordered eating stuff that needs to go away NOW before I'm pregnant. Again, it seems hard and I just want to avoid it. Would that go in health or self discovery, or both?

On a lighter note, as DP, our housemate, and I were working on our maps on the living room floor, the cat kept wandering through and looking very intently at our magazines and cuttings. I'm convinced she wants to make one...if only she had thumbs!

address the thing underneath the ocd..... which is nerves, right, and under the nerves is probably something like "feeling safe".... put affirmations and images that suppport this year being a year where you feel safe.

how about a map for the cat? Put lots of fish on it!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM

nak . . . so my map is almost done . . . I didn't do my special, creative idea (no time) but I love it anyway!!!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

help.

I found a phrase from a magazine.

NET WORTH.

I want to put something in front of "NET WORTH"

my husband suggested 'expanding" maybe? I dunno..anyone want to offer up some more words for me?

tia

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
)
The web sites I read had a variety of "relationships" in bagua 3. I focused mostly on my marriage, but I also included my relationship with my DD, friends (in general), my mom, and my dad. I liked your idea of focusing on healing relationships. Perhaps healing your relationship with yourself? Just an idea...
I didn't realize this and have been using 3 for marriage only. I put stuff about my children in 4, which is pretty crowded already.....hmmn...maybe I'll redo 4 and move the children stuff to the third and redefine 3rd as "Relationships with people I love more than life itself."

fek&fuzz, your map is just beautiful. *Very* inspiring..I've got to start collecting art calendars for next year!

Klimt's Fulfillment was a big relationship symbol for me, too, years ago. I loved seeing it again.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
help.

NET WORTH.

my husband suggested 'expanding" maybe? I dunno..anyone want to offer up some more words for me?

tia
I expand and grow my net worth, creating stability and security for my family and my future. ?

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 03-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
help.

NET WORTH.

tia
maybe an upward arrow in front of it? or have the words placed on an upward slant?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
help.

NET WORTH.

tia
Limitless, infinite , ever expanding

Fek&Fuzz I love you map, your center image is BEAUTIFUL and you have some great quotes, I especially love the one in your career section
Old 03-29-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Limitless, infinite , ever expanding

Fek&Fuzz I love you map, your center image is BEAUTIFUL and you have some great quotes, I especially love the one in your career section
Thanks!
This is the link to the artist: http://www.teresasadler.com/sclupture.htm
Some day I would love to own that painting.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM

I am so behind. So so so behind. I haven't started yet. I still need to get magazines. Illness really set us back. (which probably would have put bad energy into the map anyway, is what I am consoling myself with atm lol)

I know there is a 'window' of time that it is best to work on it. I can't find the 'end date' though. Can someone remind me?

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Ideally by March 30, 12:24am EDT which would mean tonight. However, if you need to, you have until the full moon.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 03-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I didn't realize this and have been using 3 for marriage only. I put stuff about my children in 4, which is pretty crowded already.....hmmn...maybe I'll redo 4 and move the children stuff to the third and redefine 3rd as "Relationships with people I love more than life itself."

fek&fuzz, your map is just beautiful. *Very* inspiring..I've got to start collecting art calendars for next year!

Klimt's Fulfillment was a big relationship symbol for me, too, years ago. I loved seeing it again.
Thanks! I printed those images off the internet. Although collecting art calendars is a good idea.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 PM

Beautiful maps everyone! It is so inspiring to come and see everyone's completed maps.. Thank you so much for sharing!!

We have also had a very interesting turn during this new moon period.. Before new moon I was very excited to make my tm- I had thursday all blocked out so I could work on it, and then the whole family ended up getting sick! DS thursday, both of us friday, and now DH- yesterday and today We even had to bring DS to the ER friday night I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what could be going on for me that I need to focus on in my map, and I addressed health and preparedness and emergency funds (which all came up during this), but I also realized that I need to focus a lot more on love and acceptance- in myself and in my life! I fell back in love w/ DH over the course of this illness, and where I thought we were headed to divorce I realize now that the big "transition" that I feel like we're headed for is more a change in my own attitudes toward DH. I also realized I need to just accept things like DS getting sick and do the best I can for him without blaming myself for what I did wrong to let him get sick.. Now my energy has changed so much and I'm ready to put my map together today!! Thank you everyone!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Thanks! I printed those images off the internet. Although collecting art calendars is a good idea.
Wow, obviously I have been underestimating what one can get off the internet....don't think my current printer would stand up to the printing of them , though
Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
Beautiful maps everyone! It is so inspiring to come and see everyone's completed maps.. Thank you so much for sharing!!

We have also had a very interesting turn during this new moon period.. Before new moon I was very excited to make my tm- I had thursday all blocked out so I could work on it, and then the whole family ended up getting sick! DS thursday, both of us friday, and now DH- yesterday and today We even had to bring DS to the ER friday night I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what could be going on for me that I need to focus on in my map, and I addressed health and preparedness and emergency funds (which all came up during this), but I also realized that I need to focus a lot more on love and acceptance- in myself and in my life! I fell back in love w/ DH over the course of this illness, and where I thought we were headed to divorce I realize now that the big "transition" that I feel like we're headed for is more a change in my own attitudes toward DH. I also realized I need to just accept things like DS getting sick and do the best I can for him without blaming myself for what I did wrong to let him get sick.. Now my energy has changed so much and I'm ready to put my map together today!! Thank you everyone!

Wow we had a very similar TM experience! on the sickness, we didn't have that although both my ds have been WAY more needy than usual. I had a similar expereince with dh, thought we were heading to divorce but realised too that its my attitiute thats needs to change as well as unconditionally accepting him and myself. Also really feel you on accepting DCs needs/illness and go with it and let them be how they need to be and give them what they need ~ being in the now, fully present
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, obviously I have been underestimating what one can get off the internet....don't think my current printer would stand up to the printing of them , though
I just have a little HP Deskjet. I was surprised they came out so well. I just google "the kiss" or "open hands" or "wealth" or whatever and then go to "google images" from the google search results page, then save the image to my desktop and print. You can usually select how big you want it to print, so you could make them smaller if you wanted to preserve ink or just have more room.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM

So, I've just been lurking (and getting inspired) here. This year is my 2nd TM. I wanted to share that last night I showed my TM to my DP. After walking him through it and explaining the map, why I chose what, what my intentions and emotional processes were, I asked him what it made him think of and did it make him think anything about me. He said, "this is the you I love"

It was such a nice bonus. I was feeling really great about my map, but as with many others, I had a very rough, rocky and emotional start.

Thanks so much to everyone for sharing their experiences, maps & knowledge. Thank you Tracy for hosting this.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM

Fek&fuz: love love love your tm! So whimsical I love that artist..."the kiss" and the one of the mother and her child...I think it's called something like "the life of a woman"? I've been eyeing the posters on art.com...hmmm

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Ok, this is long, so I'll ask my question up here.

For those of you using baguas --where to put family vehicle imagery? I want to map my current vehicle lasting through to 2010 without trouble or repairs, then a new vehicle that meets my family's needs purchased without debt.

In the abundance section, the family section, or the travel section. Or all three?

Did anyone answer this? Last year I put an image of a vehicle in the abundance area and it did not manifest. However, it's also one of those things that I didn't really need and didn't focus any energy on. So, this year, it isn't on my map at all. I think it could go wherever you feel drawn to putting it. For me it felt like an abundance issue because it would have been a second car. Perhaps for you it's a family need and could go under family. It's been a while since you asked the question. Did you already place it? I'm curious where.

Also, loving seeing all the finished TM's!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
Did anyone answer this? Last year I put an image of a vehicle in the abundance area and it did not manifest. However, it's also one of those things that I didn't really need and didn't focus any energy on. So, this year, it isn't on my map at all. I think it could go wherever you feel drawn to putting it. For me it felt like an abundance issue because it would have been a second car. Perhaps for you it's a family need and could go under family. It's been a while since you asked the question. Did you already place it? I'm curious where.

Also, loving seeing all the finished TM's!!!
Maiasaura (I think) suggested putting it in travel. I think I will go for that. it is not a daily need, as I work from home, more of a family vacation/kids activities/grocery shopping vehicle...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I would absolutely not hesitate to put a solid vehicle in ABUNDANCE corner.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM

Lovely map, Fek&Fuzz! The imagery is stunning! Your affirmation on abundance is particularly appealing to me.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

User Tag List