Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2009, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
welcome!! i'm sure aweyn will point you to the camp threads
ohmygosh, i'm so embarassed! i totally forgot!

here's the link for the list of all the weeks of last summer's awesome "the pagan home" camp (each week was a "room" of the house plus some "theme"... like attic/divination-- it was awesome! it's LONG though, so be warned)...

there are some mini-camps for the holidays, which i think are probably listed in the resource thread, which clay can find better than i can.....

...and i keep waiting for someone to offer to host the next camp.......... :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM

My mind was so preoccupied this morning that messed up at work. I putting together booklets for an ordainment and I stapled them wrong. At least 30 of them. Possibly more. I could tell the administrator was not happy (she's usually the most sweetest person). I know this was for an important event. I tried to fix as many as I could but there were a handful that couldn't be saved.

Gah! I wish I didn't have to wait so long for the blood test results.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Whoa you ladies can chat : I'm going to have trouble keeping up

DoK mama I will keep your little one in my thoughts

Nag champs, yummy, we burnt one this morning and I can still spell it now

Drawing down the moon is on my to read list but I'm another who will have more than one book on the go at a time Finished one last night and need to get at least one of the other 2 finished!

Glad you found your house Cari
Old 04-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
speaking of pagan tidbits... so, i think i mentioned this at the end of march, but i'll say it again... who wants to host camp next???
Hehe well it would be an upside down camp from either me or batty so that doesn't really work so well I try hard to get involved in the camps (and get a lot to save in my desktop folder of camp ideas) but it's really hard when your year is the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Whoa you ladies can chat : I'm going to have trouble keeping up

Glad you found your house Cari
Hehe I think we avg a page a day (on 20posts per day) ...unless of course Yule, samhain or another super exciting event is coming up soon lol, THEN it gets crazy! And ty, I was starting to get MIGHTY nervous because we have 2 weeks till we have to be out of here, and our application only got approved on thursday last week!! lol

Hopefully we'll be settled enough in the new place to do a little something for Samhain, but I doubt it will be much

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 PM

camp- I'd love to co-host if someone is willing to help

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 04-03-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
we burnt one this morning and I can still spell it now
This may have been a typo, but I love it!

Thanks all... I'm taking a quick break from mad house projects. I did a card pull this evening to see how things might go and got "Protection", "Tradition", and "Intensity". Combined with Tracy's article (link in the TM thread) about how tomorrow (the 4th) will feature a conflict between "by the book" and "burn it down" energies... well. This could be an interesting 24 hours! Hopefully I'll be online tomorrow, sitting here in this chair. But if not, I'll try to make sure we get a hotel room with internet access.

Oh, and I'm still loving me my runic card deck. It's been getting a lot of use and I'm still really enjoying it/feeling the connection. Which isn't that common for me... I love cards as "pretty pretties" but don't often glom on to a deck for practical use.

Oh, and hugs DoK and welcome new folk too!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
This could be an interesting 24 hours! Hopefully I'll be online tomorrow, sitting here in this chair. But if not, I'll try to make sure we get a hotel room with internet access.

Oh, and I'm still loving me my runic card deck. It's been getting a lot of use and I'm still really enjoying it/feeling the connection. Which isn't that common for me... I love cards as "pretty pretties" but don't often glom on to a deck for practical use.
good luck, wombat! i really hope you get to keep your house!
if/when you get a chance, would love to hear more about your deck.

today i am going out to spread more goat poop in the garden area. it's been sitting there since last week because it's been raining nearly the whole time. we've now moved up into "severe" drought which is WAY, way better that what it's been! one can only hope. more rain vibes, mamas!

and i'm going to finish watching Benny & Joon, which i love, and found a copy of at Goodwill the other day :

and send my taxes in *groan*, and try to straighten out my checkbook, in which i have not entered much of anything since october

what are your plans for the day, mamas?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
DoK-:

Maia- : Think of this smilie in a good, sending rain your way kind of sense.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Morning.

Today is my off day. It is also DH's birthday. I am going to send him good vibes and hope that he calls. It has been a few days since we last talked.

Other than that, not much else going on.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 04-04-2009, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

...oooh, nervous we havent heard from clay yet! fingers crossed it's cause they're celebrating...

i have no idea what nag champs is, but it sounds funny. i have been burning sandlewood.... i forget why, but i read something good about it. lol.

maia, hope it keeps raining! take a page from my seattle gardening book-- if you dont garden when it's raining, you'll never get anything done.

bella, hope he calls! happy b'day to him. the 4th was ds's due date!

cari, oh, i know. i feel so bad when we do camps that way. maybe we should change that.

dok, oh, hon. did she know why you were "off"? my old (nice) boss would have sent me out for coffee and a magazine. hugs you.

brendon, huzzah! i'm sure someone wonderful will do it with you! lol. it's totally my "weakest" holiday... i'm trying to work out how to make it a "end of the nice time to be outside" holiday, if you kwim. now's when i really miss rach! sigh.

i know we had this conversation in summer camp, but when you do readings, how many cards do you pull? clay pulled three in her example... i used to just do one, but lately i've been doing four... you?

off to go drive by a newly listed house..........

hugs and happy vibes to all!
:
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
...oooh, nervous we havent heard from clay yet! fingers crossed it's cause they're celebrating...

i have no idea what nag champs is, but it sounds funny.
it's not raining anymore. it's been a gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky, sunny but not too hot day. we had an excellent home day. i spread the rest of the poop around and turned it under, mowed most of the lawn (which is a feat, because we have a non-motorized push mower), slacked off on the computer read a chapter of Harry Potter (we're almost to the very end!!), and i don't remember what else, but it's been a very lazy but content day. ds's behavior has been excellent! all! day! long!

yeah, about clay. i hope it all turned out great for them.

that was a typo, aweyn. it's nag champa, and it's incense from india-- the MOST awesome, excellent incense! i love love love it! i guarantee you have smelled it before, but just didn't know the name of it. it comes in a blue box with red and white writing on it.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 PM

I'm going to go collapse now, but... we can stay in the house while we fix the things on the list we were given! It's not going to be as easy as I'd hoped, but not as expensive as I feared. So a hsppy end to a trying day (it's also been snow/hail/sleet/ice/freezubg rain all day so it's been tough keeping the kiddos amused and out of the inspectors' way).

Anyway, time to sleep. Tomorrow dd1 turns 4 and I'm soooo not ready!

love you all... thanks for the well wishing!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM

oh YAY, clay, what a relief for you!!! ::: when you have time, i'd be curious about what they want you to do. is it a long list?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:48 PM

Clay- Happy Birthday to Laia! I'm happy to hear that things went well, or at the very least you get to stay put.

DOK- thinking of you today

I went book shopping last night and spent way too much and then today we met our dog. Her name is Britta. Bella picked it out and it seems to fit. We are fostering to adopt, so she will come home sometime this week. At 3, she is a very sweet dog, part beage, part lab.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
and send my taxes in *groan*, and try to straighten out my checkbook, in which i have not entered much of anything since october

what are your plans for the day, mamas?
Have fun with your goat poo Today we're taking a bit of a break and going over to the bay to meet the IL's for fish & chips and hang out. Dad's birthday was april 1st so this is his party sorta hehehe. It's looking like MORE rain (we've been in deep drought for several years here, but we've had a few extended storm systems that just *might* break it before this one ends ) so we may end up at mum & dads place.

Quote:
i have no idea what nag champs is, but it sounds funny. i have been burning sandlewood.... i forget why, but i read something good about it. lol.
It's the scent most ppl then of when you say incense.. Indian stuff that is just so intoxicatingly lovely

Quote:
cari, oh, i know. i feel so bad when we do camps that way. maybe we should change that.
I'm not really sure how we could make it work to include both hemispheres without being a confusing mess though LOL. Suggestions mamas?

Quote:
i know we had this conversation in summer camp, but when you do readings, how many cards do you pull? clay pulled three in her example... i used to just do one, but lately i've been doing four... you?

off to go drive by a newly listed house..........
It depends on what I'm reading for.. is it a specific issue, or a general wtf kinda question? lol I'm usually a 3card/rune person unless I want a lot more depth. Happy house viewing! Better you than me lol.

Quote:
that was a typo, aweyn. it's nag champa, and it's incense from india-- the MOST awesome, excellent incense! i love love love it! i guarantee you have smelled it before, but just didn't know the name of it. it comes in a blue box with red and white writing on it.
See I should have read the entire threads contents lol.. what she said Aweyn lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm going to go collapse now, but... we can stay in the house while we fix the things on the list we were given! It's not going to be as easy as I'd hoped, but not as expensive as I feared. So a hsppy end to a trying day (it's also been snow/hail/sleet/ice/freezubg rain all day so it's been tough keeping the kiddos amused and out of the inspectors' way).
That's stupendous news hun! : I'm so happy that you get to stay... how extensive is the list of required repairs? And how long have they given you to fix it all?

Ok must finish mah coffee so we can get a move on.. dh & I stayed up till about 1am watching the last Harry Potter movie so I'm a bit slooow moving today hehe. He went to the vid store earlier in the evening for a kids movie so the boys could have popcorn & movie night (uber special for them since they usually go to bed around 7 and they were up till 845! yet still awake around 6 lol) and saw that one for sale as an ex rental & snagged it hehehe.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

huzzah on the house, clay! phew! here's to the work being easier than you think! & happy birthday little! ds turns 3 on monday (though he claims he'll be five!).... and a brand new little (my cousin's) should be born really soon! half my cousins and their babes are all within like a month, birthday wise! so many spring babes!

thanks for the clarification on the nagging stuff, lol... i'll look for it next trip, as i just burned my last sandlewood today in the garden after this inspiring conversation, lol...

yay gardening maia and good behavior rio!

cari, yeah, i guess there's no real good way to do it other than talk about them all when it's not that holiday for any of us.... which, honestly, i wouldnt mind.... mmmm.

all of yous reading and watching harry potter... didja hear? ohh, whoops, i think i cant say this.... dang. a certain author went to a party in a certain country's capital where a certain wonderful man and wOman were.... sigh. i hope that's ok to say.... it's making me want to start reading the newest book (tales of something or other... i used it to hold my game pieces today while dh and i played option. <blush>)..... anyhow.

brendon, yay puppy! britta is a cute puppy name!

well, the house is cute, but the street is seriously frightening... which explains the price. lol. but ours is coming soon... i know it is!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I stayed up till about 1am watching the last Harry Potter movie

and saw that one for sale as an ex rental & snagged it hehehe.
which last one? i think the last one made was Order of the Phoenix, wasn't it? man those kids are all grown now; i hope they jammed on making the last 2 movies as quickly as possible before they are gray haired, and can't play teens anymore and it just. would. not. be the same, if someone else were to play them. i'd rather they not finish the series at all, than have someone else play the key characters.

what's everyone's plans for Beltaine?

R. and i are going to my mom's (his Nana's) for Easter. that's going to be a trip. R. was so hip on wanting to know the Easter story from the Christian perspective-- i even offered to read the bible for him-- and now he's like NO, i don't want to! oh well! he's stuck with church now! my mom's doing an egg hunt for him, though :

Beltaine here there is going to be a parade and a picnic and ritual, all from like noon to 5pm, on the saturday of. i've been asked to coordinate kids' activities, yikes! that was easy when R was little, but now that he's 8 he couldn't care less. he just wants to trade Bakugan
so what do you think, mamas? of course there will be coloring pages and stuff, but what is the One New Activity that i can have?

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=aweynsayl;13497787]
thanks for the clarification on the nagging stuff, lol... i'll look for it next trip, as i just burned my last sandlewood today in the garden after this inspiring conversation, lol...[\quote] you'll lurve it
Quote:
cari, yeah, i guess there's no real good way to do it other than talk about them all when it's not that holiday for any of us.... which, honestly, i wouldnt mind.... mmmm.
Didn't we do that on one of our camp threads? No wait, I had sabbat craft ideas for doing with the kiddies but I think that was it! Hmmmmm...
Quote:
all of yous reading and watching harry potter... didja hear? ohh, whoops, i think i cant say this.... dang. a certain author went to a party in a certain country's capital where a certain wonderful man and wOman were.... sigh. i hope that's ok to say.... it's making me want to start reading the newest book (tales of something or other... i used it to hold my game pieces today while dh and i played option. <blush>)..... anyhow.
K.. pm me... or something, cause i have no idea what you are talkin about lol.

Quote:
well, the house is cute, but the street is seriously frightening... which explains the price. lol. but ours is coming soon... i know it is!
Damn.. ah well it may be the next one, or the one after that...but you will find it

Quote:
which last one? i think the last one made was Order of the Phoenix, wasn't it? man those kids are all grown now; i hope they jammed on making the last 2 movies as quickly as possible before they are gray haired, and can't play teens anymore and it just. would. not. be the same, if someone else were to play them. i'd rather they not finish the series at all, than have someone else play the key characters.

what's everyone's plans for Beltaine?
Yep, Order was the one we watched And srsly, they are practically adults in it. DH heard that they are making the last book into TWO movies ... I SO hate to be continued's!!!!!! lol But I so can't wait for them to come out! We heard at one point that Daniel Radcliffe wasn't returning has harry (HEY this IS on topic btw... witchyness is definitely on topic lol) and it just would be WRONG to have anyone else play any of the major roles! I mean after 5 movies you just can't go changing crucial roles :

Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 PM

If you guys could light a candle for DH and I, I would appreciate it. We got into a huge fight and I think my marriage imploded. He didn't call back and I have no idea what to think. I have no idea when/if he will call me again.

I feel utterly hopeless and lost. This is so the opposite of what I have on my TM too.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

maia, i'm rotflmao that you're asking our beltaine plans. you were JUST teasing me for asking about mini camp for it! ha! yer funny. (there, there's a pagan tidbit! whee! although, the below counts too, right? )

re: HP....

harry said in that interview on "inside the actor's studio" that he was... um, more experienced than harry when it came to that "first kiss".... heh.

half blood prince is DONE, they just delayed releasing it. ahh, i love imdb. release date: 17 July 2009. oh, yeah. and there are trailers........ heh. heh. i made my mom put it in her date book already, she's babysitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
(HEY this IS on topic btw... witchyness is definitely on topic lol)
ditto. hehe. yeah, i just saw that about two movies... sigh. at least they wont rush them! dan couldnt possibly leave, are you kidding me???? there would be like mass protest or something....
Old 04-05-2009, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
...This is so the opposite of what I have on my TM too.
huge hugs hon. sometimes things have to get really bad before they get better. keep on manifesting what you want! (he turned 29 today, right? have you read at all about saturn returns? tracy had a thread here on them a few years back... it might help...)
Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
huge hugs hon. sometimes things have to get really bad before they get better. keep on manifesting what you want! (he turned 29 today, right? have you read at all about saturn returns? tracy had a thread here on them a few years back... it might help...)
No I haven't.

I was reading the letter he sent me in a box recently (the letter was written months ago) and he doesn't even say he loves me in it. The only mention of love is when he is closing the letter with "love always."

That's a bad sign right?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

oh, sweet one. no, i wouldnt say that necessarily means something bad... i think that it sounds like he's going thru some changes... i know our saturn return was when dh and i nearly lost it. but we got thru it and are so so so so much stronger for that.

Quote:
...as Saturn "returns" to the degree in which it occupied at the time of birth .... a person crosses over a major threshold and into the next stage of life. With the first Saturn Return, a person leaves youth behind and enters adulthood.
of course, that's just the first thing that comes to my mind, esp as he just turned 29.

follow your heart. you'll figure out what to do.... if you wanna pm me, feel free any time, kay?
xoxoxoxox
Old 04-05-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
No I haven't.

I was reading the letter he sent me in a box recently (the letter was written months ago) and he doesn't even say he loves me in it. The only mention of love is when he is closing the letter with "love always."

That's a bad sign right?
I don't think so. I know when I'm depressed, mad, or just going through something I just can't say it to DP, even though I do.

He's in Iraq, right? He could just be going through something there that's really weighing on him. What kind of unit is he in? Is he on the front lines?

War changes people. But, even if he's changing over there, it doesn't mean his love for you is changing. In fact, he probably needs you more than ever but can't express it right now.

I apologize if I'm assuming too much. We're a military family, too. Well, former. DP just retired last year. And our community has a huge military population that's been very impacted by the war and the family separations. Is there an FRG you can connect with?

treehugger.gif
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
If you guys could light a candle for DH and I, I would appreciate it. We got into a huge fight and I think my marriage imploded.
Don't jump to conclusions just yet, and do not make any major decisions about a relationship that is in the middle of a forced separation as yours is. They are not easy to endure even for those of us that were/are long term active duty spouses.

Quote:
half blood prince is DONE, they just delayed releasing it. ahh, i love imdb. release date: 17 July 2009. oh, yeah. and there are trailers........ heh. heh. i made my mom put it in her date book already, she's babysitting.

ditto. hehe. yeah, i just saw that about two movies... sigh. at least they wont rush them! dan couldnt possibly leave, are you kidding me???? there would be like mass protest or something....
Hehe I can't get my mum to babysit until after SHE has seen it LOL. And yeah.. if he backed out of HP before finishing it I would so totally lead a boycott of any future movies of his dammit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade's Mom View Post
I apologize if I'm assuming too much. We're a military family, too. Well, former. DP just retired last year. And our community has a huge military population that's been very impacted by the war and the family separations. Is there an FRG you can connect with?
:
BTDT... I was an active duty air force spouse for 13yrs.

TOtally different subject, we had the nicest time by the bay today with the family : It was overcast and breezy and puuuurrrfect. And I come home to find that my computer has shat my profile's desktop to the moon. All the folders etc taht were there still exist and daim backed them up... it just refused to log into my profile! weirdness

Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 AM

Wombatclay ~ Great news on the house and Happy Birthday to your sweet dd :

BellaLunaRayne ~ I will light a cnadle for your and DH, definately read tracys article and Awenysayl's link

DH is out with the boys this morning and I miss them! I should make the most of a few hours me time and then later I think we are all going bike riding. Its a beautiful spring day :

Cards ~ Mostly I do a three card spread, somtimes I just pull one but funny today I pulled 4 although one was a jumper
Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 AM
gun

Clay - that is fantastic news about the house!!

Tonight we are looking at snow -4-8 inches - and ice. And yet that seems to pale in comparison to the news yesterday that the interest rate on my credit card is doubling. I wanted to use our tax returns to go to school. Poop. Now it looks like they are gonna get a big chunk of that. Now I am just bummed out.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Peace- Heather
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
maia, i'm rotflmao that you're asking our beltaine plans. you were JUST teasing me for asking about mini camp for it! ha! yer funny. (there, there's a pagan tidbit! whee! although, the below counts too, right? )
i wasn't teasing you! i was pointing a newbie to who would have the link, silly. i don't know how to link things like that.

as for beltaine, i was asking because i was hoping for input on what to do with kids' activities i am just lost trying to think of yet another something. i was the one, a couple years back, who was pushing so hard for the local Pagan public things to be kid-friendly, and now i'm the one who is on the front line when they want someone to be in charge of kids' things (figures, right? ) but i am just drawing a blank, here.

i wish i was celebrating Beltaine in the traditional way...sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
the news yesterday that the interest rate on my credit card is doubling. I wanted to use our tax returns to go to school. Poop. Now it looks like they are gonna get a big chunk of that. Now I am just bummed out.
oh GRRR. i so hear ya.
last year i was going to actually spend my stimulus instead of hoarding it, to blow insulation under the house and in the attic, since i have none and my bills are through the roof in the winter. but i didn't even GET one, because "i made too much money".
know why i "made" too much money? because i bought a house. and i yanked money from the IRA that my dad left me, so that i could have a decent down payment and not have high monthly payments, and i got socked like 3 ways-- penalties for early withdrawal, taxed on it as income, and no stimulus because it bumped my income up too high to get a stimulus
AND i had to pay taxes instead of getting a refund.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM

Bella-*hugs* oh hon, I am sure he still loves you. The other gals have given you some great advice so I am not going to add anything. hang in there

Old 04-05-2009, 11:02 AM

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

User Tag List