~*~ pagans foolin' around in april! ~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy april fools day! i must confess i danced out of bed to come see what delights mdc had in store for us today... nada. sniff.

well, i guess we'll just have to make our own!

huge hugs and happy april vibes to all!

:
#2 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Just popping in to sub...

Having a rough morning, car issues ... again. So I am sipping my Cafe Mocha and enjoying the empty office while I can.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#3 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM

I'd love to pull a funny on dd today, I'm trying to think of the right one. Family Fun has several http://familyfun.go.com/aprilfools/.

April already! This year is flying.

I'm not sure if anyone is reading these but, Z Budapest's April Goddess ezine is up. They're so long, and the format is funny, so I don't read all of it, but I enjoy what I do get to read. http://issuu.com/zbudapest/docs/goddess

Dh is still being a poop, I may ask my little bro if he wants to go with me.
#4 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Hi all! Just about to go to bed here april first is over in 1 min!

Hope you are all going great, sorry i havent been around much i have been sooo busy, and unfortunatly my pop (grandfather not the baby!) has been in hospital with lung problems.

oh and i discovered this smillie combo: : getit? get it? eh sorry, this brings me bizare levels of amusement so i had to share.
#5 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

I got it Batty

I feel icky today. I am feeling horribly bloated and its all gross outside. I want my sun back thank you.

I need to do something pampering for me today. I just don't know what yet.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#6 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Batty- I luv your humor

BLR- how about a nice salt body scrub? like this http://www.cancerlynx.com/bodyscrub.html

Dh came around- we're gonna go see Fall Out Boy :
#7 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 03:19 PM

Batty - I got it. Thanks for the chuckle. That is my favorite term of derision. *snicker*

Woohoo! Saphire. I am going to have to drag DP to a show. He has me coralled into going to see Stephen Lynch again. Just not my cup o'tea.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

#8 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Heyla all! Happy April!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#9 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

i dont get it. i'm slow with things like this...

scrub, or lotion! i'm big in to special scented lotions. i'm really finding scent powerful lately.... coconut makes me feel all beachy. yum.

ok, so did everyone else get banned? sigh. i was not highly entertained by it, alas. maybe i didnt "get" it. anyhow, it didnt last long. happy fools, indeed.

#10 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 PM

I didn't click so no banning for me!

I'm so tired today. Ro was up all night with a cold, and now I have it too. And DH and I are getting no sleep anyway... the code thing is Sat morning and it can't come soon enough to be honest. I just want to sleep!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#11 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
oh and i discovered this smillie combo: : getit? get it? eh sorry, this brings me bizare levels of amusement so i had to share.
Hehehe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Batty - I got it. Thanks for the chuckle. That is my favorite term of derision. *snicker*
It's a personal favourite of mine too

Ya know.. 'april showers' is really a phrase for the northern hemisphere where it's spring.. mother nature seems confuseld because it bucketed down all night and has not stopped since. The radar pic is insane. And it's supposed to do this for days and days... and we're supposed to go to Sea world tomorrow : typical.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#12 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Nice variation of our thread title btw

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#13 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 PM

Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today. Its something that my be typical in the Eastern part of my state buy, definitely not the western half.

I had a blah day. I got some stuff done, not much. I also took my time to just sit on the ground, close my eyes and take deep breaths while petting my wonderful cat Salem. Now, I am going to pull out an old pagan book and read.

#14 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM

It seems that DOK has been burned by the FAIL attempt at an april fools joke too She's not very impressed lol. And she was gonna ban ME of all people *sniffle* Ok.. pretend ban me.. but still

#15 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM

that girls told dh that we won a trip to Hawaii and they made him some interesting dessert

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#16 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today. Its something that my be typical in the Eastern part of my state buy, definitely not the western half.
Not amusing I'm sure! You can come wash every.single.curtain.inthehouse with me if you're really bored? By hand at that... fascist real estate receptionist tried to tell me I REALLY needed to get the formal drapes (that recommend dry cleaning as they may shrink if wet) dry cleaned since we've been here since 07 *gasP... 18months is not a friggin eternity people. And their OWN list says that's not our responsibility : I hope OUR agent is more reasonable (she was out) or this move is gonna suck azz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
that girls told dh that we won a trip to Hawaii and they made him some interesting dessert
LOL I had a friend that once made 'brownies' for our husbands shop (they worked together in the air force) ... said brownies were the old style cellulose sponges, cut into squares & soaked in chocolate syrup. Then frosted with betty crocker chocolate frosting. They looked SO real! lol. Every single guy in the shop was had by that gag... and when one got doped by it, he didn't tell the next guy LMAO. It was great.

I honestly forgot about the april fools thing... we went out to the shop for a few groceries & a coffee. It's also FIL's birthday though, so we sent him a big cheesey grin pic of all the boys with a sign saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!! via txt msg while we were out hehe.

#17 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Not amusing I'm sure! You can come wash every.single.curtain.inthehouse with me if you're really bored? By hand at that... fascist real estate receptionist tried to tell me I REALLY needed to get the formal drapes (that recommend dry cleaning as they may shrink if wet) dry cleaned since we've been here since 07 *gasP... 18months is not a friggin eternity people. And their OWN list says that's not our responsibility : I hope OUR agent is more reasonable (she was out) or this move is gonna suck azz.

LOL I had a friend that once made 'brownies' for our husbands shop (they worked together in the air force) ... said brownies were the old style cellulose sponges, cut into squares & soaked in chocolate syrup. Then frosted with betty crocker chocolate frosting. They looked SO real! lol. Every single guy in the shop was had by that gag... and when one got doped by it, he didn't tell the next guy LMAO. It was great.

I honestly forgot about the april fools thing... we went out to the shop for a few groceries & a coffee. It's also FIL's birthday though, so we sent him a big cheesey grin pic of all the boys with a sign saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!! via txt msg while we were out hehe.
Wow. Um, not that bored I hope your regular agent pops in to deal with it soon. Seems like something really stupid since they will probably just wash them again before new tenants move in.

Aww, that is so cute about the boys.

I am thinking of taking a nice hot bath. Its so cold in the house though.

#18 of 448 Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today.
We had a slight blizzard here too today. (OK, the blizzards out here are a joke, but by local standards...) And speaking of curtains, I just put my spring curtains up too, the other day, instead of the (ugly) insulated ones. Considering half our house is windows, uh, the heating bill is going to be ugly after this cold snap.

Hmm, I suppose I *could* just put the other curtains up, but umm... That would probably take another hour or two because of the insane way you have to hang them.... Bah. Not worth the effort.
#19 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Wow. Um, not that bored I hope your regular agent pops in to deal with it soon. Seems like something really stupid since they will probably just wash them again before new tenants move in.
Actually that's why they want US to do it, because they don't do that stuff here. There's no repainting between tenants or between tenant pest control or cleaning, all that has to be done by the departing tenant So we have to have the carpets (threadbare) shampoo'd, pest control done and wash curtains... plus clean out the sliding window tracks (that were filthy when we moved in) and on and on Agents want to do as little as possible for their percentage of the rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneBlossom View Post
We had a slight blizzard here too today. (OK, the blizzards out here are a joke, but by local standards...) And speaking of curtains, I just put my spring curtains up too, the other day, instead of the (ugly) insulated ones. Considering half our house is windows, uh, the heating bill is going to be ugly after this cold snap.
LOL typical timing isn't it!

#20 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 AM

LOL Banned land... I wonder how long the mods spend thinking this stuff up and I wonder what lil ole me did to attract notice hehehe

#21 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 08:06 AM

Can I join you guys? :

Thanks aweynsayl for the link to the divination thread, its inspired me to get my oracle cards out again and ds2 is sat here on my yoga mat asking questions to our pendulum : I liked the craft idea of painting your own tarot card and we have been doing that this morning too

Sun is shining here, I hope it is for you all too :
#22 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 AM

hope everyone had a good April Fool's Day!

i have to go get my teeth cleaned today. and DH went back to work and no babysitter for DD. i have to take her with me. at least they all love her there. i am going to put her in the stroller and give her all kinds of goodies to keep her occupied.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#23 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM

Just a quick note to say hi and sub. Cast boy wants to get on starfall...

April Fools day is Bodhi's birthday so we didn't play jokes on him. I figured that would suck to grow up and ALWAYS have pranks pulled on you on your birthday. I was going to do something with the kids but they went with my ex to Great Wolf Lodge last night and were gone from morning on.

But there were all sorts of pranks pulled on us at work... by the Universe. I swear. A big show was coming up (today actually) that we were prepping all this jewelry for and then boss found out that they had switched the date without letting her know. To a date in a couple weeks when she will be at a show in another state. And then got mad at her for not dropping her other engagement....

Sigh. it's all working out but grrr....

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#24 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Bella- sorry for the work issue

Lioness- I haven't had my teeth cleaned in umm, I can't even admit how long it has been.

FreeSpirit- welcome!

I just ordered a bumper sticker-
Goddess bless the whole world
no exceptions

which is a take on
god bless the whole world
no exceptions

don't put bumper stckers on my car but this one I just might

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 11:56 AM

I can not believe it's April!

My energy is zapped. Not sure what is up. Usually, I'm a morning person, but this week I've had to drag myself out of bed. Hmmm... Oh well, I'm sure it's temporary. I'm trying to get inspired to work out, but I just want to stay in bed.

Cari-Congrats on the new house! Good luck with the cleaning/packing.
Clay- Good luck with the inspection.

Yesterday, we went to another Kindergarten open house in the town we're going to live in, and then popped over to sign the lease for our new place. Now, I just wish we didn't have to wait until July. At least there's lots of time to prepare/pack.

Aweyn- Happy Birthday to your DS. :

Hope everyone has a nice springy day.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#26 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM

Morning.

I am so very tired today. I would probably still be asleep if my Mom had not called about Pat Benetar tickets. Her department has a ticketmaster kiosk, it just does not open until 9am. Now I have to figure out how to buy 3 tickets and she will pay me back.

Looks like another dreary day outside. I am ready for spring.

Cari- That is so silly. Up here you just have to clean stuff up and get the carpet cleaned (which they will go over again).

#27 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Having a rough morning, car issues ... again.
didn't you just get that car? bummer, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
ok, so i don't get it. ass hat? does that mean something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
because it bucketed down all night and has not stopped since. The radar pic is insane. And it's supposed to do this for days and days... and we're supposed to go to Sea world tomorrow : typical.

i know it's not funny for you, but it sounds hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
hope everyone had a good April Fool's Day!
i hated it yesterday. i have never cared one way or the other about April Fool's, but now i have an 8yo boy i heard April fool's shit all dang day long yesterday, i swear, mamas. i am WAY, way over it!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#28 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
didn't you just get that car? bummer, mama!
Good memory!

Yep, less than a month "new to us". Full tank of gas, new tires, new battery... oil pump went and seized the engine = dead car. Of course, state lemon laws only deal with new cars.

Still have no idea what I am going to do. We need two cars. No public transportation to either job and since we work in such a way that I take kid to school and he picks kid up (woohoo no childcare) we can't look into carpool situations.

Still hoping for a miracle because I can't buy a car with the little I have saved. It's not even enough for a down payment at a buy here, pay here lot. Not that they'd give us a car loan since we are paying on our dreamy 2008 car.

Okay enough of that. My brother let me borrow his Jeep, but it has issues too. I might be able to "rent" it from him for a couple weeks while I figure something out.

#29 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Ick Aimee. You need a Honda. Mine is an 84 and still going stong. It was my grandma's Of course I am totally biased because my Dad is a Honda mechanic.

I just got the cutest text from my sister. It was a recording of my nephew saying "OH. My. Gosh!" about three times. Totally made my day

I need to write a paper on how midwifery fits in with my beliefs and values. I am stuck and have been stuck for days.

#30 of 448 Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
ok, so i don't get it. ass hat? does that mean something?
ass hat! hilarious! that 70's show, red was always threatening to make his boy wear his ass for a hat!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page