#1 of 8 Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#2 of 8 Old 04-03-2009, 08:37 PM

ha, well... No, but I know people who have. I have not done it solely for the spiritual journey, but I do believe that it is spiritual and should be held as sacred and not abused.

I have no info to offer on how it was since my experiences were not solely for the spiritual journey, except that it is a journey in and of itself.
#3 of 8 Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM

I smoked salvia divinorum years ago and it had no effect. I took it in a dark, quiet room with the intention of enlightenment and all it did was make me cough a lot. I later heard that the leaves are not as effective as the resin. But I did not try it again.
I also tried mushrooms years ago. Both times I took a VERY small amount and had great experiences. I was very careful to surround myself with positive people and easy access to the outdoors. Both times I felt like a child again as we played in the forrest. I could feel the pulse of nature around me and felt very connected to trees and animals. Spirituality was never more real to me.
I think about those experiences when playing with my daughter and it helps me see the world through her eyes.
#4 of 8 Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM

I took mushrooms a couple times several years ago. I really enjoyed it although at first it made me feel a little sick. I didn't see anything weird or hallucinate but I felt incredible good and I had no inhibitions. It also made time feel like it was going buy really slow.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#5 of 8 Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Before becoming pregnant this time, DP and I tried salvia for the first time (although it has since been made illegal in our state . DP had an incredible experience with it and saw things that he immediately had to put down in art form (he's a professional artist). I thought it was okay, but I much prefer marijuana. That said, our salvia wasn't concentrated. The kinds of salvia that will seriously f you up are the ones labeled "x5", "x10", "x15", etc. Ours was just natural leaves with no concentration.
I use marijuana as a meditative substance. Turn out the lights, light some candles and incense on a warm summer night, and meditate. It's wonderful. I also use it very sparingly during pregnancy - at the end mostly - to help keep my blood pressure down, and it seems to work like a charm!
I've never used mushrooms or any other hallucinogenic substance, but I can't rule it out for the future. I think that these substances can be a doorway into a consciousness we otherwise have no access to, and should be respected as such.

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#6 of 8 Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by writteninkursive View Post
Before becoming pregnant this time, DP and I tried salvia for the first time (although it has since been made illegal in our state . DP had an incredible experience with it and saw things that he immediately had to put down in art form (he's a professional artist). I thought it was okay, but I much prefer marijuana. That said, our salvia wasn't concentrated. The kinds of salvia that will seriously f you up are the ones labeled "x5", "x10", "x15", etc. Ours was just natural leaves with no concentration.
I use marijuana as a meditative substance. Turn out the lights, light some candles and incense on a warm summer night, and meditate. It's wonderful. I also use it very sparingly during pregnancy - at the end mostly - to help keep my blood pressure down, and it seems to work like a charm!
I've never used mushrooms or any other hallucinogenic substance, but I can't rule it out for the future. I think that these substances can be a doorway into a consciousness we otherwise have no access to, and should be respected as such.
sounds like both of you are like me and my hubby

the reason why i posted this is because we are planning a spiritual journey (camping trip with certain hallucinogenic substances in tow) later this year and i'm very excited about it. there will be a group of us, but no particular person as a "guide" and i was wondering lately if it would be better to have a guide. (we are both extremely experienced in these substances in our pasts-- we were partiers in our 20s--, but have always used them for escape or purely recreational purposes. now things are different-- we are much more grounded and spiritual and marijuana has proven to be an exceptional meditation and art-inspiring tool (we are both artists as well.)
thanks for the feedback!
#7 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 AM

Hi

i know this thread is old, but last friday i had an ayahuasca experience and it was sooo healing!

it is such a master plant, i had visions, i cried, i purged, i experienced such overwhelming beauty.

it was done in a ceremony setting, lights off, no talking and the people leading it played the most beautiful music. I feel so different, so less alone, i feeel the spirit of the plant in me.

I had experences with peyoute, mushrooms, lsd, mdma and salvia before. Great ones, all of them. But this entity really resonated with me. She is my friend and mother. I started a journey and a process with her, and even when life is very difficult right now, i feel i can handle it, because im not my circumstances, im not my problems, im one with her.

#8 of 8 Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 PM

I did psilocybin for purely recreational purposes several times in college. The last time, a very powerful "native"??? voice, hallucination (In my influenced state I felt like it was a native american voice) told me that mushrooms were for spiritual purposes only and I'd regret it if I tried taking them without respecting their power again.  it seemed to me that I had tapped into something very real and quite frightening and I doubt I will ever "play" with them again.  can't say that I had any spiritual awakenings other than perceiving colors on a higher, more intense level for months afterward.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page