May Pagan Circle - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  ... Last
Spirituality > May Pagan Circle
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 08:05 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
He is now refusing to sign the joinder for the petition for legal separation. Apparently I don't deserve any spousal support because I am capable of working.
How long were you married? Did you have children together?
Any chance you can find a pro bono lawyer who does Family Law?

Also, I hope you are getting therapy. It sounds as though you could really use the support/insight.
Wishing you well.

BellaLuna Rayne's Avatar BellaLuna Rayne 08:54 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
How long were you married? Did you have children together?
Any chance you can find a pro bono lawyer who does Family Law?

Also, I hope you are getting therapy. It sounds as though you could really use the support/insight.
Wishing you well.
We will be married 3 years this June. No kids. He is going all sorts of crazy. I finally just sent him divorce papers and he is refusing to sign those too. Apparently he doesn't think he has to pay for anything because I am capable of finding a job. "He" (I know it was his girlfriend writing the emails for him, he does not spell correctly or use big words) said I was the one dragging this out "FOREVER" apparently he has told me for MONTHS that he wants a divorce. I have proof otherwise. Oh and I am taking money away from his kids! HA, the man has called the ONE son he has contact with TWICE since he has been in the states. The man even has a NEW cellphone. He said that I "rattholed" enough of HIS money away to survive for awhile and said I was gonna steal his paycheck too. I was gonna "leave him with no money," even though he went to his family's with $500

He told his ex-wife today that I am crazy and delusional. Not to mention I have a gambling problem. I just spent 2 hours talking to his ex-wife

He's going to tell my poor stepson over the phone in about 5 minutes that we are getting divorced
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 09:01 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas- Just popping in to say hi, and hope all is well. My kids started to drive, so I have been letting them practice by taking me around town, drive to school in the morning. All I can say is WOW! They grow up too fast.
Oh my! Grats kids! I know you'll make sure they wear their seatbelts and drive safely...but I also know you'll be a bit of a nervous wreck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
-

I am looking forward to the camp kickoff (and also reading last years thread).
Hehe you are truly a brave soul if you are reading the entirety of last years threads hehehe. It was awesome though, and just mountains of cool info in there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Goddess give me strength against this moron. He is now refusing to sign the joinder for the petition for legal separation. Apparently I don't deserve any spousal support because I am capable of working.
That's ok... just keep on keeping on, despite any ridiculousness he throws at you.

In other news... if I were Christian, I'd be expecting an old dude in a big boat to float past in my backyard lol. It has been raining for almost 2days straight Which we need, but geez it could spread out a LITTLE more We have gotten at LEAST 10cm (I know this because of Lucas' rain gauge hs project hehe) since yesterday evening, and it's 9am now. And it looks like it will be all day too. I am declaring this a hot chocolate and pajamas day! : We shall do our schooly stuff, watch cartoons and bake scones.
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 09:05 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
We will be married 3 years this June. No kids. He is going all sorts of crazy. I finally just sent him divorce papers and he is refusing to sign those too. Apparently he doesn't think he has to pay for anything because I am capable of finding a job. "He" (I know it was his girlfriend writing the emails for him, he does not spell correctly or use big words) said I was the one dragging this out "FOREVER" apparently he has told me for MONTHS that he wants a divorce. I have proof otherwise. Oh and I am taking money away from his kids! HA, the man has called the ONE son he has contact with TWICE since he has been in the states. The man even has a NEW cellphone. He said that I "rattholed" enough of HIS money away to survive for awhile and said I was gonna steal his paycheck too. I was gonna "leave him with no money," even though he went to his family's with $500

He told his ex-wife today that I am crazy and delusional. Not to mention I have a gambling problem. I just spent 2 hours talking to his ex-wife

He's going to tell my poor stepson over the phone in about 5 minutes that we are getting divorced
Bolding mine, sounds like he is the one delusional.. or he's trying to save face for the 'gf' since he likely told HER he'd already informed you of wanting a divorce (but was too chicken sh*t to do it) How about you refuse to grant him a divorce, wait out 10yrs and take half his retirement lol. Ok, sorry.. when people start getting nasty I just want to stick it to them : I suggest contacting your states' legal aid and seeing if they can help you since he's going to be ugly about it.
BellaLuna Rayne's Avatar BellaLuna Rayne 09:38 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Bolding mine, sounds like he is the one delusional.. or he's trying to save face for the 'gf' since he likely told HER he'd already informed you of wanting a divorce (but was too chicken sh*t to do it) How about you refuse to grant him a divorce, wait out 10yrs and take half his retirement lol. Ok, sorry.. when people start getting nasty I just want to stick it to them : I suggest contacting your states' legal aid and seeing if they can help you since he's going to be ugly about it.
His girlfriend was totally the one typing. I am sorry but STBX does not know the difference between "your" and "you're," nor does he now how to spell revised or acceptable. It was just spelled TOO perfectly, etc.

Its okay, he can save face all he wants. I have two emails and countless yahoo messages between us, a few of him denying he was leaving me.

I went to the courthouse today and I can file but, nothing will happen since its obviously contested and he is deployed and now changed his address to out of state. He is just screwing himself at this rate.
singin_angel's Avatar singin_angel 10:02 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
a certain lovely momma asked if we could do something with stones for summer camp, and you all know my softspot for stones, so.... i've been trying to think of how to make it work, and i've come up with what i think is a fun idea, but it requires the help of all of you planning on doing camp who work with stones............

here's my post from the camp thread:



thoughts?? any of you up for the idea? it could be simply a thread we pop up and each fill out when we get a moment, or we could set a date for it, either way... i'm growing rather fond of this idea.... i think it would be really neat to have a focused conversation about it-- we talk about it bits here and there, and if we could gather all of that, it would be a wonderful resource...... :
i'm certainly in for this...stones are what brought me to this path and there is always more to learn, so anyone who wants to share anything with me, my ears (well in this case, eyes...) are open!
ChampagneBlossom's Avatar ChampagneBlossom 10:36 PM 05-19-2009
Jumping in here after months of lurkdom... Is anyone going to Pagan Spirit Gathering this year??
Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 11:29 PM 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Oh! And I got my first tattoo on Satuday. No pictures yet, camera's batteries died at coffee shop so never had a chance to upload them to Flickr. Soon, I hope.
oooh, what of? i can't wait to see it! i've got two coming to me sometime...but i've told y'all about those. hmm...pay credit cards down, get tattoo, pay credit card down, get tattoo...such choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I am declaring this a hot chocolate and pajamas day! : We shall do our schooly stuff, watch cartoons and bake scones.
oh, what a Best Day for you! ours is usually popcorn and movies. same idea, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneBlossom View Post
Jumping in here after months of lurkdom... Is anyone going to Pagan Spirit Gathering this year??
HELL yes, i'm going to PSG! this will be our 10th consecutive year. do i know you from there? :
ChampagneBlossom's Avatar ChampagneBlossom 12:25 AM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
HELL yes, i'm going to PSG! this will be our 10th consecutive year. do i know you from there? :
No, this will be our first year, and we won't know anyone there! I've wanted to go for a long time but for the past, umm... how many summers... I've either been pregnant or had a newborn or was moving or whatnot... So this will be our first time, and I can't wait!

We're trying to decide whether to bring both kids or to let DS have some quality Grandma time... we want to have him experience things (he loved a smaller Beltane festival we went to) but he is super active (ridiculously so) and is a jumping bean in personality and needs his routine. I can totally see him jumping in a fire. During the Beltane festival we literally spent the whole time listening to music with trying to keep him off the stage. He was having so much fun but he was trying to break apart the microphones and climb on the musicians - NOT cool. When I tried to distract him or restrain him he just started screaming OVER the music, so we had to leave. It wasn't fun for anyone at that point. And that was only a day thing, never mind a week.

I think we'll just be bringing DD and then next year when we have the camping thing down a bit more (and he can listen to a bit more instruction) we'll bring him along. I'll totally miss him, though. I've never been away from him before, and a week is a LONG time for that. But he does love his grandma and I'm *sure* he'll be spoiled to death. I know other moms around here have NO problem taking a breather from their toddler but I dunno, I'll be scared to have him two states away from us, even if he is in good hands. DD there is no question about taking with us, she's still nursing round the clock.

Are you guys going for the full week or just the last weekend?
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 03:09 AM 05-20-2009
OMG I just had a total panic moment LOL. I realized earlier that I haven't been getting any subscription notices and then had a lightbulb moment that I never changed my email address in my user cp! So I did that.. and then all forums showed private and I couldn't even access my cp to see what I'd screwed up. I checked my email but there was nothing there, I was in the midst of a panic'ed email to admin for help.. when in the lonely empty MDC folder of my inbox suddenly popped up with a msg.. asking me to validate the changes. Can you say WHEW!?!?!?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
oh, what a Best Day for you! ours is usually popcorn and movies. same idea, though!
hehe we do that too.. but we used up the very last of the popcorn yesterday! : Must get more whenever the deluge lifts and I go grocery shopping
Quote:
HELL yes, i'm going to PSG! this will be our 10th consecutive year. do i know you from there? :
JEALOUS MUCH!?!?! The one pagan festival we used to attend here (well, we went 3yrs) shut down due to lack of support. There's one downt he New south wales coast.. but dh can't get holidays in January after having had 2weeks forced off in December *pout*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneBlossom View Post
No, this will be our first year, and we won't know anyone there! I've wanted to go for a long time but for the past, umm... how many summers... I've either been pregnant or had a newborn or was moving or whatnot... So this will be our first time, and I can't wait!
I'd be all about quality time with grandma in that case Welcome back from lurkdom!
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 09:26 AM 05-20-2009
BellaLuna Rayne- Sorry to say this but you probably won't get alimony.
Do what you can to get him to sign the divorce papers (when he gets back) but I wouldn't even try for anything else. It's best to just move on with your life.

And now, back to pagan stuff: I was pleasantly surprised on a walk yesterday when I discovered a neighbor's very earthy/pagan yard. She has goddess statues and other such stuff. I hope to catch her gardening next time I walk by so I can try to spark a convo.
BellaLuna Rayne's Avatar BellaLuna Rayne 12:34 PM 05-20-2009
DOK- He won't sign the papers period. He just wants to screw me. I deserve alimony, hell I need it until I at least get a full time job. Although, I would prefer until I graduate school. I took care of him and all his drama for the last 4 years. Stayed home to tend the house and made sure all the bills were paid.

Anyway, I am thinking of relaxing today. I need a bit of a break. I am just not I can afford to take one. I really hate the fact that I am going through this.

I am just so glad for all the wonderful support I have. Including you mamas!
aweynsayl's Avatar aweynsayl 12:37 PM 05-20-2009
hugs and kisses and happy hump day, all.

bella, hang in there.... sorry it's looking so nasty and ick.

dok, what a wonderful find!! i cant wait to have my own garden... ahhh... :

cari, when do we get to have that party, hon???

(i'm ignoring those of you talking about gatherings and such.... ptthhh.)
kittywitty's Avatar kittywitty 12:40 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

And now, back to pagan stuff: I was pleasantly surprised on a walk yesterday when I discovered a neighbor's very earthy/pagan yard. She has goddess statues and other such stuff. I hope to catch her gardening next time I walk by so I can try to spark a convo.
That's awesome!

Indigo-what's your tattoo of? I really want a few but everytime I decide on one I get pregnant. So I'm kind of afraid to go get one at the moment.
Indigo73's Avatar Indigo73 01:11 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Indigo-what's your tattoo of? I really want a few but everytime I decide on one I get pregnant. So I'm kind of afraid to go get one at the moment.
It's a compass rose on my forearm. It represents my life, despite some "wrong" turns, I've always found the "right" way.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 01:17 PM 05-20-2009
I am hoping to pick up a new book or two when I go to the cool hippie/pagan shop when I get to Saratoga.

Sorry I have been absent, I'll have to catch up on Friday when I am alone. My Mom is in the hospital waiting for her gall bladder to be removed. It has been a lot of waiting and wondering. *ugh*
singin_angel's Avatar singin_angel 01:57 PM 05-20-2009
I have read 3 of the weeks of last years camp to-date. My head is overflowing with ideas and I don't think my hands and feet can take me fast enough. I will have to pause my reading here so I can actually DO something!

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to camp this summer!
Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 02:14 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneBlossom View Post
No, this will be our first year, and we won't know anyone there! I've wanted to go for a long time but for the past, umm... how many summers... I've either been pregnant or had a newborn or was moving or whatnot... So this will be our first time, and I can't wait!

Are you guys going for the full week or just the last weekend?
we go for the whole week. you need to get on Facebook and hook up with me there; a whole bunch of us are going to try to create a Family Camp area. my ds is 8, another mom has a 10yo, but the rest i think are all under 5.

you will have such fun!

mama-- we need to get in touch privately so we don't clog up this thread with PSG stuff
your ds sounds exactly like mine was at two. i had mine on a leash till he was 3 anyway, but at PSG-- i'm a single mama-- when he was 2.5, i attached his leash to a 20-ft lead with a screw-in dog stake so i could set up camp and not lose him
the thing with very littles at PSG is, and i'm sure you get this anyway, is not to have too high expectations. go with the flow, and if you get ONE workshop and ONE ritual in, the whole week, you're doing well. that way, if you get more, woohoo!
if you bring ds (i hope you do! but you have to do what you have to do), the Play Area is a safe space. he can be there all day long, and you should sign up for your workshifts in the Play Area. that way you kill lots of birds at a time: you get to oversee ds, you get sort of a break because you're with other adults and parents, you get your workshifts out of the way, ds gets to run around and be nuts. see?
otherwise i'd put him in a stroller or sling or backpack during lots of it, or on a leash, if you can. there is a river at this new location. even with my 8yo i'm unsure about that!

the parents who run the play area are super cool. one mama is pregnant with their 7th child and the other has two kids, they are both unschoolers and AP families. the whole thing seems to me to be very AP friendly. lots of nursing, very little circ'd boys from what i can see, slinged babies.

hope that eases your fears some!



Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I am hoping to pick up a new book or two when I go to the cool hippie/pagan shop when I get to Saratoga.

Sorry I have been absent, I'll have to catch up on Friday when I am alone. My Mom is in the hospital waiting for her gall bladder to be removed. It has been a lot of waiting and wondering. *ugh*
aww, brendon, hope your mama heals well and in good time. that can't be fun.
Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 02:17 PM 05-20-2009
oh, and cari: i meant to say that people come to PSG from all over the world, though the biggest population is from the US. c'mon and join us! you're coming over here at some point anyway, right?

aweyn: it will happen. i hope to see you at PSG one day, too!
saphire's Avatar saphire 02:51 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

In other news... if I were Christian, I'd be expecting an old dude in a big boat to float past in my backyard lol. It has been raining for almost 2days.
laughup
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I am hoping to pick up a new book or two when I go to the cool hippie/pagan shop when I get to Saratoga.

I found 3 good books meself yesterday
Sorry I have been absent, I'll have to catch up on Friday when I am alone. My Mom is in the hospital waiting for her gall bladder to be removed. It has been a lot of waiting and wondering. *ugh*
My sis had her gallbladder out 3 yrs ago. I was a nervous wreck, but she felt SO much better afterwards. I hope your mama heals fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I have read 3 of the weeks of last years camp to-date. My head is overflowing with ideas and I don't think my hands and feet can take me fast enough. I will have to pause my reading here so I can actually DO something!

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to camp this summer!
I'm impressed! That's a ton of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
oh, and cari: i meant to say that people come to PSG from all over the world, though the biggest population is from the US. c'mon and join us! you're coming over here at some point anyway, right?

aweyn: it will happen. i hope to see you at PSG one day, too!
I hope to make it one year eventually, too.

I'm not sure how often I'll be online the next few days. I'll be thinking of all of you & I'll check in when I can.
kittywitty's Avatar kittywitty 03:23 PM 05-20-2009
That's a great idea, Indigo. It sounds beautiful.

I would love to go to PSG but I have a feeling dh would think I was insane and it's a bit far for a day trip for me.
Tav Mom's Avatar Tav Mom 03:25 PM 05-20-2009
Hi, all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at being a pagan. Still finding my way through. I grew up Catholic, and my beliefs aren't along those lines and I dont think they ever were. I'm glad to see this on here. I'll be checking often.
saphire's Avatar saphire 03:39 PM 05-20-2009
Welcome Tav Mom
Dreamy's Avatar Dreamy 04:27 PM 05-20-2009
Hi Tav Mom

I grew up Catholic as well, and am finding great peace in the exploration of my pagan path.
BellaLuna Rayne's Avatar BellaLuna Rayne 04:39 PM 05-20-2009
Welcome Tav Mom.

Grrr, my "T" button is sticking and not always working. I don't think there is canned air here. I can't wait to move all my stuff in and I miss my cat.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 07:11 PM 05-20-2009
Bella- *hugs* hope your kitty joins you soon
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 08:13 PM 05-20-2009
Welcome!

PSG- this summer is just sort of shot in terms of socializing! We were 100%, no fail, going to be at Pennsic and hopefully at Starwood and/or PSG. And what happens? My due date is anywhere from August 8th to the 13th. And I'm never comfy traveling far in the 3-4 weeks before my due date and the 6-8 weeks after the babe arrives. So that basically puts July and August off the travel map. And with the house situation being pushed back so much, June isn't looking good either.

But DH was able to get in touch with 4 different foundation contractors who will be visiting over the next 2-3 days to give estimates. So it's getting there!
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 08:45 PM 05-20-2009
Note to mother nature: rain works much better when you have moderate amounts of it spread over time... NOT half a meter in a day, kthnxbai! And that is only ONE day of the last 2 .. Places are all kind of under water here. Have a little break now.. but more storms this afternoon apparently


Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
cari, when do we get to have that party, hon???

(i'm ignoring those of you talking about gatherings and such.... ptthhh.)
LOL I REALLY need to get the rest of the stuff on the walls and set a time to actually have a CLEAN house to take piccies of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Sorry I have been absent, I'll have to catch up on Friday when I am alone. My Mom is in the hospital waiting for her gall bladder to be removed. It has been a lot of waiting and wondering. *ugh*
Icky... she must be in a world of hurt if they are keeping her in hospital! Mine is destined to come out but at the moment it only flares up once in a while, can't imagine how bad hers must be Hope they get it out & she feels better soon hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
oh, and cari: i meant to say that people come to PSG from all over the world, though the biggest population is from the US. c'mon and join us! you're coming over here at some point anyway, right?
I wish *sigh* I'm coming to the states tail end of July- first part of August but I'll be taken up with family and such pretty much the entire time none of whom are pagan unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tav Mom View Post
Hi, all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at being a pagan. Still finding my way through. I grew up Catholic, and my beliefs aren't along those lines and I dont think they ever were. I'm glad to see this on here. I'll be checking often.
Welcome to the circle :

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
PSG- this summer is just sort of shot in terms of socializing! We were 100%, no fail, going to be at Pennsic and hopefully at Starwood and/or PSG. And what happens? My due date is anywhere from August 8th to the 13th. And I'm never comfy traveling far in the 3-4 weeks before my due date and the 6-8 weeks after the babe arrives. So that basically puts July and August off the travel map. And with the house situation being pushed back so much, June isn't looking good either.
LOL I hear ya... although I did go to the pagan festival here (only 3days long) when I was 7.5months pregnant AND immiediately after a rather uncomfy surgery hehehe. That was with Lucas 7yrs ago.. I'm definitely not so die hard these days lol.

Good luck with the quotes, I hope you get a good quote from a reputable contractor!
Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 08:47 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I would love to go to PSG but I have a feeling dh would think I was insane and it's a bit far for a day trip for me.
lame, lame!
my first year, my dh DID think i was insane (so did everyone else), it was 11+ hours away (for me, a day and a half driving, so staying overnight in some strange motel), to a place i had never been, and i was newly pregnant with my first baby.
if i can do it, you can! c'mon and join me!! : i promise you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
PSG- this summer is just sort of shot in terms of socializing! We were 100%, no fail, going to be at Pennsic and hopefully at Starwood and/or PSG. And what happens? My due date is anywhere from August 8th to the 13th. And I'm never comfy traveling far in the 3-4 weeks before my due date and the 6-8 weeks after the babe arrives. So that basically puts July and August off the travel map. And with the house situation being pushed back so much, June isn't looking good either.

But DH was able to get in touch with 4 different foundation contractors who will be visiting over the next 2-3 days to give estimates. So it's getting there!
: to your DH that he gets the right estimate!! PSG is June 14-23. So a great time for you to go. You get to meet me! : oh, wombat, that would be so fun. you just have to! their childcare rocks! and you can camp by me and everything! please? :
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 09:21 PM 05-20-2009
Quote:
PSG is June 14-23
I wish I could! But dd1's preschool "graduation" is June 19th, and right after her graduation ceremony we're driving down to my MIL's to help her move. She bought a house about half an hour from us (she currently lives about 4-4.5 hours away) and we'll be packing up her home, moving it up to the new house, and unpacking that whole weekend.

Cari- I was 7 months along with dd1 when I officiated at m brother's wedding. I was living in rural upstate NY, he was living in Fairbanks AK. I swore after I got home that I'd never again travel that far that late in pregnancy! I lost my ankles someplace over Canadian airspace and didn't get them back till a month after dd1 was born. Seriously. I unzipped my boots (yes, I went to Fairbanks in the middle of winter, silly brother!) and my ankles were just gone. It was a straight shot from knee to ground. I was not amused.
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  ... Last

Up