May Pagan Circle - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ok, really, i hope camp is not depressing....
Goodness, no! I pm'd you.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#362 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM

oh, good. cause i was gonna make signs for camp dark-a-lock-a-dank-and-damp. :

saphire-- nope. i'm a libra. gemini is my MOON sign.... heh. stay tuned for cycles camp. :nana:
#363 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
oh, good. cause i was gonna make signs for camp dark-a-lock-a-dank-and-damp. :

#364 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 PM

Mamas I appear to have the flu : So I may not be around much this week, other than the odd brief hello when I just ache too much to lay down anymore Be well & catch you after it passes.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#365 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Mamas I appear to have the flu : So I may not be around much this week, other than the odd brief hello when I just ache too much to lay down anymore Be well & catch you after it passes.
GIANT Cari. I hope it passes quickly!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#366 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Hello Ladies! I'm trying to catch up after having internet issues for the last few days.

Quote:
Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon!

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#367 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
poor cari!

i hope you feel better soon. i am just getting over bronchitis, which for me is a far cry better than the flu, and that was bad enough. : for getting better soon, mama!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#368 of 465 Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Wait- when's your bday? Mine's next Tues on the 26th
mine is the 25th. 5-25-76.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#369 of 465 Old 05-23-2009, 12:12 AM

Ok, so I lied. Other than laying in bed & sleeping, vegging on the computer is about all I CAN do... and I've exhausted the bed part, it's just making me ache more : Hubby baked some cookies and a couple of them gave me the strength to have a shower at least

We seem to have a few birthdays at the end of May... mine is the 31st

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#370 of 465 Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Cari, I hope you feel better! :bighug

Indigo, congrats on closing the chapter on apartments! I can't wait until I can do the same!

I am so excited to move finally. And dh let me get a kitten last night. We have some strays under our neighbors' porch that need homes and we found homes for two of them and dh was actually surprisingly happy to get one even though we negotiated that I take the dog out from now on. I think it misses it's mommy and that makes me feel terrible. But a male cat has been coming around and fighting with the momma and I'm worried for their safety. They are old enough, too. But just as a mommy it always breaks my heart to take them away. Now just to find a home for one more kitten!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#371 of 465 Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM

Cari - I hope you feel better soon!

DF and DD went to the daddy and me playgroup at the military family resource centre. They have been loving it ever since it started. Which means...I get three hours of me time...what shall I do?

I think I will do some meditation : I also need to call the naturopath and see if I can get an appointment for Tuesday.

DF moves to a new job location closer to home where is only a few subway stops away! How fantastic! He also gets a small raise, but we'll take anything lol.

So today will be spent...spending money. All those wedding expenses add up so quickly. Next year we will be able to save more since we don't need to dish out so much money. Either way, I hope our guests have a fantastic time...two weeks left! I'm filled with nervous energy, mostly because I've been working on this for over a year.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#372 of 465 Old 05-23-2009, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Cari- Wishing you well! There were SO many people wearing face masks at the doctors this morning. Tons of flu like illnesses around here (including swine swu).

Ds has a fever and sore throat. Rapid stress test is neg but it may be too early to show up.

I'm hoping he's completely better by Sunday because my sister is supposed to visit on Monday (haven't seen her in many months).

#373 of 465 Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Morning All!

Today is another wonderful day! My nephew woke up smiling at me and is just soo happy to wake up with me every morning. Its sunny again today and I think I may go buy a swimsuit for the hell of it. I have not bought one in 4 years. Its amazing how many things I didn't do when with my STBX. Every day I wake up a little but more.

to all who need them.

#374 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Update: Doc called. Had to go back in... It is strep. And they saw the rash and said "Oh boy, we have Scarlet Fever".

Ds got a double injected dose of antibiotics.

#375 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Best wishes for your ds! I had Scarlet Fever as a kid and was just fine, if it makes you feel better.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#376 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM

DOK. I hope your DS has a speedy recovery!

Beautiful day again here. My nephew is getting sick so we are in the room watching Fox and The Hood 2. I tried getting some elderberry syrup into him, made the mistake of telling him it was medicine first. I am a bit outta practice with him

I got my cat finally. She is upset and hiding under the bed. Poor kitty whined the WHOLE way back here. I hope she adjusts okay, she is so old though that I am not sure how well that will go.

Better get back to my nephew.

#377 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 06:10 PM

aww, man, DOK to you and your LO.
it ain't fun, but at least now you have a dx to work with. how in the world did he contract that? isn't that one of those lesser known illnesses now?
some nurse i'll be...i oughtta know that

where is everybody today?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#378 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM

aw, dok, poor kiddo! i hope he's ok... i bet that's scary with his immune issues.... thinking of you both.....

i guess SOME people have time off, so they're playing? not so here, as dh's big recital is this coming week... but, uh, after that, i'll prob be scarce, so i guess i cant really complain.
#379 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
aww, man, DOK to you and your LO.
it ain't fun, but at least now you have a dx to work with. how in the world did he contract that? isn't that one of those lesser known illnesses now?
some nurse i'll be...i oughtta know that

where is everybody today?
lol cut yourself some slack, you haven't even started nursing school yet woman. Scarlet fever is simply strep throat with a really annoying rash that gets pretty much everywhere but your face. It's not fun, and peels like the dickens at the end, but it's not terribly dangerous with modern antibiotics. Now back 'in the day' it was nasty stuff apparently... but Roo is lucky that he doesn't live back in the day Hope he's not too miserable DOK.

I'm hangin in there.. hubby took care of everything all weekend adn I spent a lot of time in bed with body aches & a fever that got up to 102 It's still there but I got some nurofen plus (ibu with codiene) from the chemist and it's helped a LOT. So while I do not feel at all human yet, I am capable of vegging on the couch or computer and supervising the kids.. making sammiches etc. Not much more than that though

Bella... I'm sure kitty will be fine once she settles in and realizes you aren't going to disappear on her.

#380 of 465 Old 05-24-2009, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's not fun, and peels like the dickens at the end, but it's not terribly dangerous with modern antibiotics.
Yeah, it looks terrible, but he's not uncomfortable with the rash. He's fascinated by it. We both googled before I took him to the doc. While he was sitting on the exam table after being told it's Scarlet Fever, he said "Aha, I thought it might be Fifth Disease".

He was all happy and pleasant - until it was time for the shots. Wow, never heard him scream quite that loudly before.

#381 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Yeah, it looks terrible, but he's not uncomfortable with the rash. He's fascinated by it. We both googled before I took him to the doc. While he was sitting on the exam table after being told it's Scarlet Fever, he said "Aha, I thought it might be Fifth Disease".

He was all happy and pleasant - until it was time for the shots. Wow, never heard him scream quite that loudly before.
LOL (actually more loq.. since I don't have much voice and have a sore throat here too) he sounds like quite a kid. Lucas would whinge about it to no end

I think I am going to have to break down and call the doc tomorrow to find out if she wants to see me. This is going on day 5 tomorrow, and I can only get the fever down to about 101 no matter what I do, and it's killing me. We won't discuss the colour of the contents of my lungs much.. just enough to say I'm thinking antibiotics might be in order

#382 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Cari- I hope it's 'just' an upper respiratory infection and not the flu.

#383 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Cari.

My nephew is sick, which of course has made him quite whiney. At least his mother is here to help take care of him. He seems to be permanently attached to my hip since I started living here again. I guess its because we have to share a bed. *shrugs*

Today is another beautiful day and I plan to enjoy some of it in the sun. I doubt it will get hot enough to go swimming though. I should break in my new swimsuit eventually.

Hope all is well with you gals!

#384 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 PM

LionessMom- :

DOK-Poor kiddo! I hope he's starting to feel better.

Cari- I hope you're starting to feel better too.

So, I haven't been home much this weekend. We've been working on the house and had 3 bbq's to go to. Lots of fun

The weather has been just gorgeous here! I've got a rep as a sunblock nazi. I will chase you down with sunscreen, LOL.
#385 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Update: Doc called. Had to go back in... It is strep. And they saw the rash and said "Oh boy, we have Scarlet Fever".

Ds got a double injected dose of antibiotics.
i'm sorry. are you feeding probiotics?

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#386 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 01:54 PM

s to all those who need them!

This thread gets quite active, even if you miss a day We were so busy with getting things together for the wedding, there wasn't much time for anything else. On the upside, there are lots of lilys here! Another beautiful day too!

I'm still burried under DIY projects, but I'm sure it will turn out great. I think now that DD is sleeping I could (and should) take a few moments to do some spiritual work.

Not to mention that our military training year is approaching the end, which means our very big annual inspection parade...being the training officer (the person who coordinates, supervises, evaluates, etc) all of the classes...this is a huge part of my job. Almost there...

Tomorrow I have a busy day, but I hope to get online in the evening...we go to see the ENT doctor for my little one and possibly book a surgery date, then we go see the naturopath for me because my menstrual cycles are a mess (needless to say I'm looking forward to that camp :P) And the next day we see DD's pediatrician for her checkup...where I know he will not be thrilled with her weight.

I'm off to take a few moments to relax before I have to get back to tackling another busy day

Blessings all!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#387 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
i'm sorry. are you feeding probiotics?
Yes, the powder.

#388 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 05:13 PM
gun

Cari - get well! Try to take it easy.

DoK - hope Roo is better. (I have a huge tendency to get all thrush-y after a round of abx, and found that the probiotic wafers helped more than anything else, and the blueberry kind taste fantastic!)

Hope everyone else has had a great Memorial Day weekend, and had lots of fun cookouts and picnics!

We went to the parade in the next small town over. It was DD's first and she had a blast waving the flags! Afterwards she asked for a 'different parade." She didn't quite get her fill. I get all choked up and teary-eyed with things like when the high school band plays the anthem. It is all wonderfully Americana. No matter my feelings towards my gov't I just love my country!

Peace- Heather
#389 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
found that the probiotic wafers helped more than anything else, and the blueberry kind taste fantastic!
He has feeding/eating/sensory issues so that's not an option. Have to stick with the tasteless powder probiotics.

#390 of 465 Old 05-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I hope you feel better. The flu, or just being sick in general is tough.

Hey mamas, driving isn't that bad? It can be a bit nerve racking because of not being in the drivers seat, but all in all not so bad. I guess the worst part for me is once my guys start to drive, that is one less thing I have to do with them. Some of the best times we have had are driving in the car talking, or me listening to them talk with their friends about the day. I learn so much! I just don't have younger kids to fall back on, my guys are going to college soon. Enjoy it while I can is my motto.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day! Talk to you tomorrow.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page