May Pagan Circle - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nicole, congrats! I have that deja vu here a lot. I think we go in cycles, and at different times of the year I tend towards the same problems or exultations.

And we are *always* busy, right?

Cari, hugs and healing to you, mama. That sucks.

I SO love my backyard right now. Last year Jason built this cool "water/fire pit" that he would love to sell eventually (landscaper for those that don't remember) and it's so cool. Most of the time it is a stone fountain bowl with trickling water (moving most of the time to ward off mosquitoes) and we have a copper bowl that fits on a couple of inches above it to hold a fire at the same time. Anyway. Every morning while I make my coffee I watch all the birds come over to bathe and splash and visit. We regularly have two bluebirds along with a slew of other birdies, squirrels, occasionally a hummingbird. There is a tiny little bird that is setting up shop in a birdhouse that has been out there for years...

<3 yay!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#422 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Bella- that is so awesome!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#423 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Shelley- That sounds lovely.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#424 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Quick fly by...

Sick dog is doing better :

Have a HS meeting tonight

Home needs some love today

Frost killed our garden despite covering the plants.

Hope the medication helps you get better soon Cari!

Valérie   
#425 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That sounds awesome, Bella Babe!

Valerie, sorry about the garden. Did it kill it all or is there hope?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#426 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Hello, Pagan Mamas!

Hope it's not too late to join in, as I just found this thread. I am a queer polytheist mama-to-be in the SF Bay Area. I am due January 2010. I live with my partner, the BD, and we are also poly.

We are both in the same religious tradition- Feri Witchcraft. It is an American Tradition that predates Wicca, small- so many do not know it. It is an initiatory path and a mystery tradition. So the only way in is seeking an initiate to teach you and hope for initiation yourself. I am a student and dedicant and have been studying for 3ish years with two different initiates. My BD is an initiate.

I am alsos going to back to grad school in the fall. Whew!

Since I am pregnant, I will need to wait for initiation, although I know that I am on that path ultimately. We will be raising our child in the tradition as well.

My interests are varied- from live performance to reading, to permaculture, to herbalism. Am learning to sew now, so that I can make myself, the new baby and my partner some clothes!

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all. Now, some responses to what others have posted before (Man, are you mamas prolific! Getting through this thread was a gauntlet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Question for all about paganism!! ( Got to sneak in one every now and again!)
If anyone is partnered and their SO doesn't share their beliefs, do you feel self conscious about your practices? If you did feel awkward in the past about it, how long did it take to feel more comfortable?
Sadly, I lost a relationship of 10 years because as my religious beliefs grew and my life and aspirations grew and developed, my wife and I were no longer compatible. She became increasingly uncomfortable with my spirituality (she is a pragmatic scientist), my desire to have a child, and the poly arrangement we had no longer suited her. (She was OK with having sex with others- just no serious committed relationships. I don't mess around like that anymore- I want a tribe of people, all of whom love one another.)

We grew apart and last year we split. It was very hard emotionally, and financially too. She was always the main breadwinner. So this year has been a huge transition. We are still friends though, and she helps me financially out of rough transition spots. My BD/partner and I were together before the split and have become closer since and he moved in, and on Beltane, we conceived our baby together.

So life goes on, even if not as how we originally plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Dream journals- anyone here do it?
Yes, Although I started with a separate dream journal and eventually just merged it with my magical journal, as I only write down the religious dreams anyway! Dream life is usually quite vivid.

Quote:
Obvious signs of paganism
jewelry, sometimes clothing (tee shirts), tattoos that I get after receiving them in dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Hey all. I will be filing for divorce this Friday most likely.
Oh, Bella! I read your journey in this month's thread with great sadness. I hope you feel a little better each day. As for logistics, file with the military asap, he will have money garnished from his pay to care for you and any children. And get a lawyer and get that money he stole from you back! You deserve better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
My son has strabismus.
I grew up with alternating esotropia- a form of strabismus. Even back in the 70's, there were exercises and eye patches that they started me on before considering surgery. I chose not to do surgery and I am glad that I did. It leads to me having less depth perception than others and I don't see in "stereo" the way that others do (one eye always send a signal that overrides the other in my brain). But it has not affected me adversely (other than being bad at sports where a ball coming at me really fast is a bad idea! lol!). But I function well and drive and everything!

Forgive me if I missed anything (the thread was looong), but have you considered other non-surgical options? Or is the case that bad? I ask because eye surgery is serious business and can often make problems worse. And there is only so many times that the surgeon can shorten an eye muscle before it loses it's ability to do its job well...

Anyway, lovely to hear about all of you, and I am subscribing to this thread so we can stay in touch!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#427 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Valerie, sorry about the garden. Did it kill it all or is there hope?
All above ground but two cabbage plants and the onion/leak/garlic. The seeds must be safe but germination is delayed since it is so cold around here. : We'll have to go back to the farm and buy tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers, and herbs again.

Valérie   
#428 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
The one ritual I keep is every morning I get a cup of tea/coffee sit outside on the porch or grass and just enjoy the sounds of nature. It's very rural where I am so I have all sorts of animals running around. Yesterday I saw two deer, and last week a moose. I take as much time as I can. I get to meditate. Without this time I don't know how I would make it through the day.
Oh that sounds so lovely. We used to get deer in the yard growing up (and sometimes cows! ). I remember the ten minute walk to the bus stop every morning, with ferns and trees all around, and dew on the grass. Sometimes I miss it so much.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#429 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM

Welcome Lillitu! : Congrats on the pregnancy, I hope you feel great.

Valerie- Warmer weather vibes coming your way

redveg- how cool to see such awesome wildlife from your morning coffee spot.

Dh accidently rolled the car window up on my finger yesterday evening. It hurts as much as it sounds! My finger tip is missing some skin & I hope to keep my fingernail.

Cari- I hope you're starting to feel better.
#430 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 04:10 PM
gun

Hi Lillitu! Welcome here! Love to see new 'faces'!

Cari - hope you feel better today!

I have been reading along, but haven't been posting much. Sorry. Our sad little oak barrel planters are trying to grow some greens and herbs. Just struggling out there. Other than that we're good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace- Heather
#431 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Welcome Lillitu!

The rain is letting up... hopefully we'll stay fairly dry tonight at the parade. Though the LLL is looking for sign holders again and dd1 really wants to march. Hmmmmm. I'm liking the idea of just sitting on the curb and watching other people walk honestly, but if it means sitting on the curb in the rain with two cranky kiddos who'd rather be walking... a double hmmm.

Met with the prenatal photographer again today and it looks like this is going to be a lot of fun. She said that DH was the only person to redeem the mother's day coupon (a photoshoot and prenatal massage combo, discounted so that the combo was actually less than either service on it's own!) and I can't believe it. Though she also said that she and the massage therapist kind of decided to "give away" their services via that gift certificate offer and they made the decision the day before Mother's Day and there wasn't a lot of "media". Sort of a spur of the moment thing and I was the only one to jump!

But I'm thrilled... (I can't remember if I posted earlier, my brain is mush, but this is the photographer and she has some really neat ideas). She wants to combine some of the haiku I write with a sort of graphic/sculptural/statue shaping herself feel. I'm having a blast.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#432 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 04:45 PM

Clay- wow, those photos are stunning! So beautiful. I wish I felt like those women looked, I never felt beautiful when pregnant.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#433 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Clay- I'm so excited for you! That photographer seems quite talented! I hope you'll share your pics with us!

#434 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I also found out today with 100% confirmation that we are getting the swords we requested for the wedding. That makes me sooo happy! Now I can work on the DIY programs! And I should probably look up the pages in the manual on sword drill...*adds to giant to-do list* haha
that's cool-- is it a military wedding, then? i remember when my cousin got married. it was ages ago; i was probably about 8? and they had all the guys in uniform holding up this canopy of swords that the couple walked through. it was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Dh accidently rolled the car window up on my finger yesterday evening. It hurts as much as it sounds! My finger tip is missing some skin & I hope to keep my fingernail.
OUCH. once in college, i got in a car with a bunch of people and sat on the lap of the person in the front passenger seat. the person closed the door while my hand was still holding the roof part, and closed my whole, all 4 fingers in the door. that was one time i was really glad i lived in a world of snow-all-the-time. i got right out and plunged my hand into the snow. got deep purple dents in all my fingers, but thanks to the snow, that was all, and they healed well.

mamas-- i am SO upset. really, really upset : i just found out that our income is too high to continue getting state health insurance for my ds. i'm already uninsured. we can barely make ends meet, yet our income is *just barely* too high. i think they've been counting my after-tax income up till now, and now they're counting it before taxes.
i have to either buy insurance for $178/month, or reduce my income by $250 so he can get it free. either way, i'm screwed. i NEED that $200 or so a month; i'm already in deep debt. i'm just...i'm just...i don't know what to do. i'm so depressed. i am done with the crying jag, but now i'm just very, very down.
what the living hell am i going to do??

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#435 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Gals, I could use some positive thoughts, vibes, etc. I just want this to be over with and I am really tired of everything. Today I noticed that in like 2 seconds of refreshing my myspace I had like 5 more views...so I foolishly checked his and his status is all about how he is having a great day, loving it and can't wait to get home to start his new life. *sigh* He hasn't called his son in days and his son is SO depressed over his Dad being gone that he is refusing to even play.

I sent him revised divorce papers today asking for $200 less than I originally asked for. I have a feeling that the Army is not going to do anything to my STBX. Tomorrow is supposed to be payday and I know there will be no money there.

Right now I am contemplating relocating, just to start over. I was contemplating NC. Of course that is probably a stupid idea.

I want some happy. I had it this weekend, I want it back.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#436 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM

oooh a military wedding. sounds cool.

i would love to get prof pics taken. i just have my DH. here i am at 20 weeks though.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2529.jpg

so DFD is all the way moved out. kinda sad. she is still visiting for 2 hours a day for the next 8 days b/c of babysitter issues. its cool though b/c we all miss her. DSD has been acting way up b/c she misses her sister. oh well. hopefully she gets settled into her new routine as well.

had my 20 week visit today. 150 bpm. that is lower than what DD was. i still have to wait a week to get my US. i hate waiting. lol.

i hear you on the money front. DH has been laid off for a week now. unemployment is jerking him around again. the union is helping but they can only do so much. hopefully they can get the guy who messed it up to fix it soon. i am about broke and i need gas. at least with the name change (and the lay off) i should get FS earlier this month than last. the go by your last name. my old one started with a W and i got them the 10th. now it starts with a B, maybe the first. we are going to need them unfortunately. i would like to be off assistance but when you need it you need it.

i would really like to get a Goddess staute for my altar. you know the one with the big breasts and round belly. to tie into the mother aspect. help me focus on a good birth. i only have 5 months left. i just dont want to order online. time to start window shopping. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#437 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i should get FS earlier this month than last. the go by your last name. my old one started with a W and i got them the 10th. now it starts with a B, maybe the first. we are going to need them unfortunately. i would like to be off assistance but when you need it you need it.
unfortunately, i can't get FS or any other assistance besides the health insurance for my kid-- and now, not even that. the thing is, i live off of disbursments from an IRA that my dad left me when he died, and social security for ds and me both, from when his dad died. so it's weird income and i'm lucky they don't consider me filthy rich because of it, and let me have ds's insurance up till now. usually they think why can't she just liquidate it. which is why i can't get things like food stamps. i really should try again, though, and look at the income guidelines. maybe i can. that would be a real boost. then i can spend my food money on insurance

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#438 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
i am done with the crying jag, but now i'm just very, very down.
This is terrible news. Feel free to pm me... I understand how you feel.

#439 of 465 Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 PM

Bella- *hugs* sending you lots of stay positive vibes!

Maia- nothing constructive to add other than that s*cks!

#440 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM

Morning all. I hope everyone is have a great morning and start to the weekend. Any special plans?

Bella Babe-That water/fire fountain/pit sounds wonderful.
Lillitu-welcome, congrats on the baby.
Clay-those photos are fantastic, really beautiful, very creative.
Saphire-ouch, I know that hurts. Hope you keep your nail too.
BellaLuna-sending you good vibes. I hope your weekend is filled with happy!
Maia-Totally stinks!!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#441 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM

sorry to hear it Maia. things will get better. they have to. they always do. i am sure you will find a way. you are a strong person!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#442 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend. I need to get stuff together and start planning another book fair. yay!

#443 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Subbing so that I can be here at the beginning of the June thread and really participate

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
#444 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM

It sounds like so many people here need vibes and s!

Welcome Lillitu! Glad to have you join

Clay - those photos are awesome I remember doing some photography when I was expecting DD...I have a great shot of myself and my fiancee in our combat uniforms (mine open at the belly) looking into each other's eyes...I always love the shots that really reflect the individuals - so it sounds like you will get that! Can't wait to see!

BellaLuna - I hope things start to look up for you!

Saphire - I hope you don't loose your fingernail either!

Today was a beautiful day! It looks like it will rain now though. I am on a military course tomorrow morning, then we have our annual ceremonial review on Sunday so it will be a busy, uniform wearing weekend. lol

You guys are all right - it is a military wedding. I can't wait...especially since we have done most of it as DIY projects - it is a very personal touch so we hope our guests have a great time...and of course us too! We are having the ceremony outside in the garden and doing a handfasting, so that should be beautiful! All the flowers are out now I love it!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#445 of 465 Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
You guys are all right - it is a military wedding.
I just have a family story to share... When I was 4 and my brother 2 we were in a military wedding. Bride was Navy, groom was a Marine. Full dress for the men (both Marine & Navy), swords & all. My brother was ring-bearer & he had to stand up with all of the other men (all 33 inches of him with the 6 foot plus men). It was a very long Lutheran ceremony. Surprise - he couldn't stay still. He started swinging the ring pillow in circles and it eventually went flying, over the pastor's head and landed somewhere behind the altar. One of the men, put a hand on his shoulder and tapped his sword as well. Little brother stayed stiff as a board the rest of the ceremony. He also cried for about a year if he saw a man in formal military dress.
#1 rule on wedding ceremonies: Something always happens that you never would have foreseen. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding & marriage.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#446 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
\He started swinging the ring pillow in circles and it eventually went flying, over the pastor's head and landed somewhere behind the altar. One of the men, put a hand on his shoulder and tapped his sword as well. Little brother stayed stiff as a board the rest of the ceremony. He also cried for about a year if he saw a man in formal military dress.
#1 rule on wedding ceremonies: Something always happens that you never would have foreseen. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding & marriage.
Oh, the poor thing! It's terrible that he felt so bad about it...At our wedding, we knew our ring bearer would NOT be able to sit still, but we didn't really mind. We were planning on letting him and the flower girl sit down, but they both really wanted to stand up with everyone (age 4, so they thought they were big in their outfits, so cute). So DH had mini snickers bars to hand the kids when they got to the front to keep them occupied, but the ring bearer just played with the candy instead of eating it, and at one point one little candy bar shot under the the officiants robes. So then, he started playing with the ring pillow...and you could guess what happened to that. It kept me entertained during the ceremony.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#447 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 01:54 AM

Hi Mamas.

Today was a hard day. I received another vindictive email from my STBX (referred to me by my maiden name, even though I am not going back to it and MISSPELLED IT) it had me in a funk for awhile. I went to my old house to pick up more stuff and couldn't get in, the garage door was stuck on something. Texted landlady 2 times so far and nothing. I want to pack and start moving the rest of my stuff.

Tonight has been much better! My nephew is just so amazing and cheers me up. He keeps saying "Auntie! Let's go to OUR room!" Its so cute. He is so excited to be sharing a bed and room with me. Its great to watch him wake up every morning and smile at me. If it wasn't for him, I would definitely be loosing it.

I know things are going to get better. I just need it to hurry up because I REALLY dislike this crap he keeps trying to pull on me.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#448 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 AM

Hi mamas... not even going to try to do any catching up at this point, just too sick to spend much time at the desk. I am a *tiny* bit better (really its more like a 1/4 degree less crappy than any better lol) ... my temp is down a lot, but the cough is sucking the life out of me.

Tomorrow is my birthday so my IL's popped out with a cake & pressies, which was lovely. Mum had given me some Estee Lauder perfume as a christmas present & she got a special purchase with it of brushes and freebie makeup (I love makeup hehe), and she got me another owl bead for my pandora bracelet PLUS the tastiest smelling candle ever.

But then they gave me my SIL's gift.. and I was just blown away! Hubby's nana has done numerous tapestries over the last 10yrs or so and Renee got the one she'd done for me and did the most spectacular job of matting/framing it up that I have ever seen! I must say it is the most beautiful gift I've ever recieved Totally just made my day... then I collapsed back into bed

I hope everyone else here is well & happy and wish I could read up and see what's going on, but just being here this long has sapped me so I'm going to get hubby to make me a hot chocolate and go lay down. Love to you all

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#449 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 AM
gun

Cari - glad to know you are on the mend! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! : Your gift sounds great!

Maia - I am so sorry to hear about the insurance thing. It is so very stressful dealing with it. Again I am sorry

Singin_angel - Liza-s was so right on! Always expect something odd to happen on the wedding day! But it will be a good day because it is the start of a terrific marriage!

Yesterday w/ DD was a crummy day from the start and then my allergies got the best of me, and I had a splitting headache to boot. My mom came over to watch DD for awhile and DH and I went out for dinner and a quiet trip to browse the bookstore. The ibuprofen kicked in and we had such a great night out. I am feeling so refreshed! I have a spring in my step this morning, and he has tomorrow off, so we get the whole day together!!! I have gardening on the agenda. We will be planting some blackberry shrubs so if you have some great blackberry growing tips lemme know! :

Peace- Heather
#450 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM

Hey all :

Maia- I hope something pops up to solve your problem.

Cari- glad to hear you're a tiny bit better.

BellaLR- Perhaps it would be easier to just get away from him ( by not checking his myspace and such) than to move. He'll only have as much power to make you upset as you let him. I'm glad your nephew is making you feel better.

It's hot here. No garden for me this year, but if I did, plants would be taking off! Dh and I are still trying to get the concrete stain done on the floors. The product is supposed to be awesome but unfortunately has sucked so far.

My finger is doing much better too, my nail is bruised, but it'll stay.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page