May Pagan Circle - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh lovely goddess of all things growing! I had the most gorgeous Saturday morning. After coffee and breakfast (farm eggs with raw cheese) I ran to the farmers market, which is now in total full swing! I got my free eggs from our farmer, blueberries, new potatoes, summer squash, little tomatoes, peaches, and then ran down to get our raw milk, more eggs and raw cheese from our coop.

d.roo.lllll I just had gf spice cake with fresh blueberries and raw milk all stirred up for my lunch. I am delirious.

This afternoon is - taking the older two to see Up at the theatre, then maybe swimming and dinner at my parents' house. kiddos leave tomorrow, and they are excited. Though i just found out that my ex has left them at home alone while he works at least once or twice now. I am not sure what to do about it, because unless someone comes and forces him, he won't stop if I tell him to. They are 6 and *barely* 8. I guess I need to see if there is any law about what ages kids can be alone? Not sure on that one...

Have beautiful days, everyone!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#452 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Tomorrow is my birthday
happy birthday

:::

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#453 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 04:14 PM

BellaBabe- Yes, there are laws, most states it is 12 or 13, but some it is 10. I think kids can handle a lot of situations but what happens if they panic or are scared? Wish I could offer more specifics as to state laws but I can't see how the ex thinks it is o.k. for them to be alone for hours. *hugs*
Your blueberry dessert sounds so good. Not to mention all the fresh goodies!

Cari- Happy Birthday sweetie! I wish you were feeling better and you have the most awesome inlaws!!!

Bella- I know it is hard to let it go, but I agree with Saphire, don't give him any power over your feelings. *hugs*

I feel so blessed. I spent lunch with a great group of fellow UU's and yesterday, I officially registered one family and have two more that I am waiting on. All is good.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#454 of 465 Old 05-30-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Cari - glad to know you are on the mend! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! : Your gift sounds great!

We will be planting some blackberry shrubs so if you have some great blackberry growing tips lemme know! :
Blackberry growing tips?? lol I don't think any tips are required.. put those babies in the ground & mother nature takes care of the rest. Where I grew up they were actually WEEDS and grew wild everywhere *sigh* Many summer days were spent munching berries straight off the canes when I was growing up :

Here is the best of the pics I could get of my pressie. I keep catching glare :

and here is a close up of Nan's handywork. She made this just before her 80th birthday and it probably took her at least 100hours to do. Just amazing

and just in case anyone wants to peek... here is the may 09 album

Ty for the happys (and yes Brendon, my IL's are the coolest )

I was able to sit outside & drink a cup of coffee with Daim this morning (well.. at 1045 when I rolled out of bed . I feel so recharged just from thta half hour outside! Obviously still ill as can be, but having a bit of fresh air, and a brief walk to see how my veggie plants are doing did wonders for my spirit.. even if my body complained a bit

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#455 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Cari- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#456 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARI!

I will be back later to post more. I am really wiped out.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#457 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 02:10 PM

Happy Birthday Cari! :::

I'm also on the recovery road... got gastro again... 3rd time in 3 weeks...

Valérie   
#458 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 PM

Happy Birthday Cari :
#459 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 PM

Happy birthday Cari!

I am finally home! Our parade was a great success and the general was pleased with the performance. I also got an award for excellence in my branch of the military. Certainly unexpected, but my commanding officer said I really deserve it

Things here are starting to look very green! It is beautiful! A true sign that summer is coming to Canada

My future mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital on Friday night. Her lungs were filled with fluid and they also thought she might have a pulmonary embolism. So far, things are looking good and they flushed the fluid from her lungs and her CT scan showed her heart was clear. They still want to do an echo on Monday so we are hoping she will be discharged then and we really hope she will be able to make it to the wedding! Any positive vibes for her are appreciated She really supports her son (and us as a family lol) so coming to the wedding would mean the world to her, and to her us.

s to everyone!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#460 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM

Singin' Angel-Sending positive healing vibes to your MIL and your family!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#461 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
Though i just found out that my ex has left them at home alone while he works at least once or twice now. I am not sure what to do about it, because unless someone comes and forces him, he won't stop if I tell him to. They are 6 and *barely* 8. I guess I need to see if there is any law about what ages kids can be alone? Not sure on that one...
IMO that is WAY, way too young to leave alone, especially that length of time! how comfortable are you with it? i didn't detect a freaking out tone in your post, so maybe your kids are mature enough to handle it, but for a whole work shift?? i just left my 8yo alone for fifteen minutes, two weeks ago, so i could get a newspaper. it was the first time, and it was a test run. i had my cell on the whole time, and called him like 2-3x just to make sure he was ok
but yeah, i think all the states have laws against that young. you might google to find out.

your food sounds utterly yummifying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Here is the best of the pics I could get of my pressie. I keep catching glare :

and just in case anyone wants to peek... here is the may 09 album

Ty for the happys (and yes Brendon, my IL's are the coolest )
that is amazing, cari, that picture. that must have taken forever. i peeked at your album-- that is one huge tree frog! i thought they only came tiny, like, oh, thumb sized! and my ds had the exact same drum

still no answers for my dilemmas. no health insurance for ds and he's on meds and therapy that are hundreds a month. eek. and still no childcare for when i go to school.

i keep telling myself, the universe provides. i have on my treasure map "affordable health insurance", though i meant for me...i should have clarified...sigh. and i also have "nursing made incredibly easy", though maybe i should have specified school.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#462 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 PM

oh, Cari, i posted Happy Birthday on your FB page, but here's one for here:

::

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARI!!!

who else's birthday was it? egads, i can't keep up. i want to post one for you, too! saphire? was it you?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#463 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Nicole- *vibes* to your MIL and family.

Today was hard. I went back to my old place and got more stuff. I emptied the pictures of us out of my photo album and left the pictures I took of just him or him and his son there at the house. I am still not completely done moving out. Hopefully I will be soon cause I HATE going there.

Despite that part of the day, its been a good day. I am moving forward and trying to move on. I am making plans too, so that's good.

to all.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#464 of 465 Old 05-31-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
IMO that is WAY, way too young to leave alone, especially that length of time! how comfortable are you with it? i didn't detect a freaking out tone in your post, so maybe your kids are mature enough to handle it, but for a whole work shift??
Mine are 7 &5 and if I go to the toilet without letting them know they will be frantically searching the house for me I'd say definitely too young!

Quote:
that is amazing, cari, that picture. that must have taken forever. i peeked at your album-- that is one huge tree frog! i thought they only came tiny, like, oh, thumb sized! and my ds had the exact same drum
Thank you, I'm in with it. LOL @ our frog friend.. nope we have quite a few varieties of tree frogs here, some getting QUITE fat My very favorites are the tiny ones with big red eyes.. they are just adorable, but they tend to live farther north than us

I'm a tiny bit better day by day, which is something at least. Still utterly worn out and don't last long at doing anything... so I'm just not doing much of anything Hubby will be home shortly and will boot me back to bed for a rest although maybe he'll let me sit on the veranda and have a coffee with him. He's being such a champion about this whole thing... he's not getting to bed till 10pm at the earliest, and is up by 430am for work. Then he comes home and cleans, and cooks dinner etc.

I'll pop back in later maybe

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#465 of 465 Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

New thread is up! (psst...It's June!)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1092393

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page