May Pagan Circle - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Other than that people always ask me if I'm pentacostal because I have long hair and wear a lot of skirts.
I just took a quick look at your blog (looking for pictures of your "pentacostal look" ) - the picture of you and Ari is just beautiful!

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#182 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
(and, Dreamy-- if you're feeling impatient, just wait for camp! it's an awesome jump-start into your figuring that all out! you'll see. hugs!)
I'm looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
The big one on my back is being biopsied because how fast it's growing and that it's itchy. What's scary is that it's in the same spot as my older brothers mole was (which turned out to be cancer).

My doctor had a terrible bedside manner. Ugh.
I really hope the biopsies come back all clear. Sorry you have to wait over a month for answers

Bella - I'm reading what you're going through and it sounds so confusing and painful for the both of you. I'm so sorry.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#183 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=Dreamy;13746366]I'm looking forward to it!

Dreamy - don't know why it just dawned on me now, but at the end of July beginning of August there is the Kaleidoscope Gathering (known as KG). It is a pagan festival (we call it "fest"). You camp there and there are workshops, vendors, rituals, drumming, and many other activities. I noticed you are in (or close to) Montreal. This festival is near Ottawa - so it might not be too far from you. They have a webiste (if you google, it is the first one) and they are also on Facebook.

Enjoy!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#184 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=singin_angel;13746874]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I'm looking forward to it!

Dreamy - don't know why it just dawned on me now, but at the end of July beginning of August there is the Kaleidoscope Gathering (known as KG). It is a pagan festival (we call it "fest"). You camp there and there are workshops, vendors, rituals, drumming, and many other activities. I noticed you are in (or close to) Montreal. This festival is near Ottawa - so it might not be too far from you. They have a webiste (if you google, it is the first one) and they are also on Facebook.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I'll check it out

#185 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM

hugs and health and happiness vibes to all in need!

had a really rough weekend here, so i'm hiding under my rock and tapping.

almost ready to post the camp schedule thread.... it's gonna feel a lot different from camp last year, for sure... but it's really coming together nicely, i think. i was worried for a bit, but i really think we're gonna have a nice time, and i really hope i get to know you new lovelies much better thru it! :

also, i'd almost forgotten about our stone exchange. anyone still intetested? i'd thought we'd do it during "tools week" of camp, but since we're not doing that, i'm not sure where to stick it.... if interest has peetered out, i'll drop it, though i've amassed a nice little collection of sunny hot arid rocks....

hope this week brings joy to you all in some splendid way!
#186 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I really hope the biopsies come back all clear. Sorry you have to wait over a month for answers
Thanks.

I also broke out with a strange rash on my face yesterday. It was red and bumpy (cluster of small spots) and now most of them are topped with a tiny white dot. Almost like a wee zit. Only it's itchy and raw.
Dermatologist didn't even say what it is. Just gave me a prescription for corticosteroid ointment...which I'm afraid to use.

Oh, and I have to start physical therapy for my foot injury. Got the MRI results back and they can see soft tissue (muscle or tendon) trauma/swelling but they can't figure out what's causing it. So, I'm supposed to wear a big black cast boot and do physical therapy with the hopes that the pain/swelling will go away.

I'm having so much fun. Perhaps I should just move into the doctors building.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#187 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a little late getting here but I'm hoping it's cool if I join. Beltane was the 9 year anniversary of my handfasting and DH and I always go on vacation to celebrate so I'm just getting back to the online world. I happened upon this thread and I'm so glad I did!
Brightest Blessings!
#188 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Welcome! And congrats on the nine years!

DoK- ugh... I wish they'd been able to see something more on the MRI. Not a great time of year to be stuck in a brace with an owie.

Bella- I'm so sorry. Hang in there... the tide as got to turn at some point so just keep talking and tapping and visioning and staying as grounded as possible. Huge hugs and hopes that this journey gets easier soon.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#189 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM

Have the house to myself for the next 3 hours. No more MDC, Facebook or Twitter. I need to get some work done!

treehugger.gif
#190 of 465 Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Today is day 2 w/o a paci and it has been ok but with some rough spots. I feel so guilty about this! And bad for her too.
then why bother? if it makes her happy, and you guilty, maybe it's a pick-your-battles issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Maia- sorry, i should really quote. I was talking about the breastfeeding. I figured he didn't nurse often, just wondered if it was a weekly thing or a once a month thing. I am curious, I haven't nursed any of my kids for long at all.
oh, that! yes, probably a quote would have been in order. the post about that was on the previous page and i didn't go back to look, cause my last post was at the top of that page
nursing. yes, only about every two weeks or so, and only for about a minute or thereabouts. not much and not for long. but i was committed to CLW back when i was pregnant, so there it is

Quote:
Apparently around here if you don't wear sweats/suits and a mommy mullet then you are pentacostal.
ok...what is a mommy mullet? :

Quote:
What's scary is that it's in the same spot as my older brothers mole was (which turned out to be cancer).

My doctor had a terrible bedside manner. Ugh.

sorry you're having such a scary time! i had a mole removed once, but i was only 17 and it was because it was huge and under my bra, getting irritated by the bra.
now i have all sorts of weird bumpy things, and my mom thinks i should have them looked at...yeah...after i finish nursing school and have insurance. maybe then.

Quote:
but since we're not doing that, i'm not sure where to stick it....
ok, i am just going to leave that one alone

Quote:
I'm having so much fun. Perhaps I should just move into the doctors building.
aww, poor DOK!! mama!

ds pitched a fit right at bedtime cause...get this. i let him set up the air mattress and sleeping bag, even though it's a school night, and he wanted to sleep in there, so i read to him and was getting ready to do lullaby and back rub, when he was like all of a sudden "i want to sleep in your room!" uh...no. you chose. you stay.
all he does is fall asleep in there, anyway, then i transfer him to his room an hour later. too much extra work for this mama tonight, and especially laying a deadweight 50lb child on the floor, with super sore quads from saturday's workout...i don't think so. oh well.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#191 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Grrr, darn allergies making my ears all wonky! Can I just say how impressed I am with myself. I have been known to hold a grudge or at least hold onto the pain and hurt to use against dh later and I didn't this time. We aren't doing in person counseling but we are using a great website and i can already see the improvement. We feel like the couple we once were, the slightly crazy, fun couple who spent time together. It was scary trusting dh again but I couldn't heal without it. I am so thankful that I had my ladies during this time. :

All this wedding talk, I just love hearing about people's plans.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#192 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Good morning!

It is a beautiful sunny day here...the high is supposed to be about 17 degrees C. We will be going to a La Leche League meeting in about an hour. After the meeting I will finish my last preview question so I can be accredited as a Leader! It only took about 4-5 months but I think it helped that the material was very common sense to me, since I have a breastfeeding class as part of my prenatal series.

I need to find a way to get DD to eat more. I always get more concerned as we get closer to another doctor's appointment. She has always been on the small side, but since last time she has been sick often and really hasn't put on any weight (in 3 months). She is 20 months and not even 18lbs yet. It's a struggle to get her to drink as well (although nursing isn't an issue, but I have a low milk supply, so that doesn't provide me with much confidence).

I'm thinking of all the wedding stuff I need to finish - only 25 days left! It's exciting yet stressful since I am doing most of it on my own.

I saw my chakra workbook on the bookshelf today...maybe that could be a good thing to work through again. I also want to get back in touch with my stones. They really get me grounded.

DOK - I'm sorry to hear about that doctor who didn't have a great bedside manner. I do hope that everything is good!

Question - do you feel drawn to a particular pantheon(s)?

Have a blessed day!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#193 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM
gun

singin angel - congrats on becoming a leader!! And to answer you question - no, I haven't been drawn to a pantheon because I do not work w/ a pantheon. Green Man is the only figure to resonate with me at any level, and he is a loner for me!

Brendon - yay for working on the trust issues and I get how huge it is to not hold a grudge. That is something I have had to work pretty diligently at myself. I am glad your relationship is on the mend!

Maia - good question re: the paci. But after 3 days it is much easier going.

Welcome to the group Witchy!!!

Off to work on the lawn!! Have a fantastic day!!

Peace- Heather
#194 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
She is 20 months and not even 18lbs yet. It's a struggle to get her to drink as well (although nursing isn't an issue, but I have a low milk supply, so that doesn't provide me with much confidence).

I'm thinking of all the wedding stuff I need to finish - only 25 days left! It's exciting yet stressful since I am doing most of it on my own.
my DD is 25 months and weighs 23 lbs. dont worry so much. :>

i did most of my wedding stuff on my own. it is stressful but fun too. relax and enjoy it b/c after the wedding is over you will wish you enjoyed the planning more. i just got married may 1st.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#195 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Just a fly by hi... I have you all in my thoughts.

I am reading but things are still nutty between move, work and Little League. :

Is it bad, after being frustrated with all the rain lately, that I want it to rain tonight? So that Little League practice is cancelled and DP & I can spend time at the apartment, pack up any doodads left and break down the bed so we have one last trip on Thursday (when it can't rain ) with the trailer.

We are so close, I can taste it.

Of course, as soon as we are moved... we have new adventures, like drywalling the attic and relearning yard care for our big back yard.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#196 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I just took a quick look at your blog (looking for pictures of your "pentacostal look" ) - the picture of you and Ari is just beautiful!
Thanks! I don't take pictures well. I'm allergic, so there will not be many of me on there.

Kali, :bighug Yikes, a rash, too! Is it better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
It's the inevitable short feathered hairspray covered 'do that my husband claims 90% of mothers have. Maybe it's a regional thing?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#197 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 02:38 PM

:camp schedule and prep thread is UP! :

(and now, i'm going on vacation, lol. jk.)
#198 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
:camp schedule and prep thread is UP! :

(and now, i'm going on vacation, lol. jk.)
Uh oh, and here I was hoping to get some work done this afternoon

Thanks so much, off to read!

#199 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Maybe it's a regional thing?
yeah, where ARE you (i mean, when yer not in the RoR)? because i cant even imagine what that looks like.....
#200 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
The first thing that came to mind was Mama Duggar's "do": http://picasaweb.google.com/duggarfa...07721760219922

I don't mean to pick on her, she's just very "in the public eye" and came to mind. I think I remember reading that she said she wants to have long hair because her husband likes it, but needs it shorter in front for practicality.

#201 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Hey all. I will be filing for divorce this Friday most likely. My husband is at the very least having an emotional affair with the woman I found on his myspace. He is telling at least 1 part of the family that I am delusional, crazy and in denial. Apparently he has been asking me for months for a divorce.

He has changed the pin number to his paychecks, deleted my army email account (which of course has proof that I am not delusional) and has not contacted me. I discovered yet another secret email account several minutes ago. He is pulling the same stuff he did last deployment and I am DONE. I deserve to be happy and treated well.

Now onto what to do

Thank you all for your wonderful support, it is greatly appreciated. I am at my parents house right now and will be moving back in here eventually. I want to be out before my STBX gets home from Iraq.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#202 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
It's the inevitable short feathered hairspray covered 'do that my husband claims 90% of mothers have. Maybe it's a regional thing?
http://www.coolestpicture.com/mullets.htm

http://www.ratemymullet.com/show.php?id=31

http://www.ratemymullet.com/show.php?id=49

i couldnt find a pic of what the mommy-mullet is though. i dont think these pics are accurate but you get it. the mommy mullet is more feathered and done. like curled and sprayed. i think my mom might have one.....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#203 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Bella - I'm sorry to hear all of this! You do deserve much better!

So we got home from the LLL meeting today, where I did great on my preview question. The process to becoming a leader is coming to an end, just a bit of paperwork haha.

I was going to take DD to the park by our home to play outside for a bit, but just as we were coming up to the park, I noticed she fell asleep in the wrap. We ended up inside so I could let her sleep - I should have napped with her though. I think I'll try to go to bed early.

I just got an e-mail from my partner...we will be meeting with our MC for the wedding tonight. I hope we don't stay out late! haha!

I am loving this beautiful weather, I want to nap under the trees...but that isn't a good idea in this city, haha! Therefore, it's time to break out the tent and have a family camping trip!

#204 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Bella- I'm so sorry. But glad that you're moving ahead with your needs and feelings firmly in place.

Brendon- yay for the working through it! Could you PM me the website you're using?

Singin- congrats on the LLL leader! I was considering it before I got pregnant, and hope to give it a go again in the future... but with the pregnancy taking up my time and dd2's therapy sessions conflicting with the LLL meetings it's not on the books right now.

Mommy mullet- I'm sure it is regional, but maybe it's like mommy jeans? Slight regional differences but a general "oh yeah, the mommy look" overall? A friend of mine in Boston got her hair done and when she got home she called me to say "ACK! I have mommy hair!" Apparently when she asked the stylist for something easy to care for, the result was a sort of layered/fringed just off the shoulder look that she said every other mom in the city seems to sport.

I've been growing my hair for over a yea now and it's still not down to my shoulders... I'm wondering if this will survive the new babe?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#205 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
yeah, where ARE you (i mean, when yer not in the RoR)? because i cant even imagine what that looks like.....
BFE. I mean...southern Illinois.

I had a heck of a time googling "mommy mullet" but there seems to be a lot of talk on them, but no photographic proof besides dear Mrs. Duggar that I could find. Hers is quite long for one, though. Lioness posted some pics. It's hard to describe.

Yay for summer camp! I love these. :

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#206 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Singin-angel- WTG on your LLL leadership!

BellaLR- I'm sorry you're going through all this, surely it sucks. I'm glad your family is being so supportive.

Indigo-I hope your weather cooperates!!

I need to pick out some lighting fixtures for the new house but all I want to do is nap!
#207 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=DaughterOfKali;13747289]
Oh, and I have to start physical therapy for my foot injury. Got the MRI results back and they can see soft tissue (muscle or tendon) trauma/swelling but they can't figure out what's causing it. So, I'm supposed to wear a big black cast boot and do physical therapy with the hopes that the pain/swelling will go away.
/QUOTE]Oh joy of joys doesn't THAT sound delightful Man when it rains it seems to pour doesn't it hun!? I hope that the boot & therapy combo helps. And I dunno about you, but when I get stressed my face goes mental and sometimes looks almost rashy so maybe that's nothing!

Quote:
Good morning!

It is a beautiful sunny day here...the high is supposed to be about 17 degrees C.

Question - do you feel drawn to a particular pantheon(s)?
We're looking at partly cloudy (please let it rain!!) and about 20-22C : Just about my definition of THE perfect day! Re: your question... most of the time I am a more generic 'Goddess' type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Hey all. I will be filing for divorce this Friday most likely. My husband is at the very least having an emotional affair with the woman I found on his myspace. He is telling at least 1 part of the family that I am delusional, crazy and in denial. Apparently he has been asking me for months for a divorce.
Wow... he's certainly sounding a bit UAV'ish isn't he. It sucks that it's coming down to this, but I'm glad you are pulling yourself together and taking care of you. I wish you strength to deal with him through this mess.

I don't think I made it in here yesterday? Well, it was Quinns first day of preschool and he had a GREAT day! The routines and such are all confusing to him but he liked the ladies that were in his room a lot, and was happily looking at a picture book with an entire muffin bar in his mouth when I picked him up lol. He doesn't get the concept of meals & snacks at a table so he shoved it all in so he could GO! AND he went to bed at 730pm with his brothers (I think even earlier actually) and woke up (after meandering to our bed in the night ) at 8am. Liking that lol.. dh joked I needed to see what other days they have open He didn't nap there and was on the go all day.. where as at home he can go find a quiet spot and crash out at 4pm or something silly.

I just thought I'd share (Maia I think we were yakkin about this?) That I DID spend an afternoon clearing out the clutter from my room and now it's MUCH nicer to be in there. I definitely feel the difference... every afternoon when dh gets home I've been slipping away in there for 5 or 10mins to pull myself back to centre. Very hard to do in a room surrounded by chaos for me, so I'm making huge efforts to keep it my sanctuary now!

Off to check out the summer camp planning thread!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#208 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM

DOK.. sorry I disappeared on fb chat! I hit *something* and it shut half my windows down lol. I tried to reload it, but our net has been throttled and it just wouldn't cooperate I just happened to still have this handy thread open so here I am...Have a good evening hun!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#209 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I'm not so far from Ottawa... never heard about that festival... going to take a look at it!

: on your LL leadership!

Bella :

Going to look at the camp thread...

Valérie   
#210 of 465 Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Bella- *hugs* I have no words....we are here for you!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page