May Pagan Circle - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! Erin has a strambius, which means her eye turns out. At this point we are watching and waiting because it isn't affecting her vision. SHe also has an astigmatism (no surprise there,so does Bella, Chris and me). So if she gets worse or is having other problems, we will need to go back before a year. Her eyes looks healthy otherwise.

DOK- how's the foot?
My son has strabismus. I only wish that we didn't do the 'wait and see' method when he was younger. When strabismus is left alone, the child can start to lose their vision in that eye. Also, there's a better chance of fixing it for good when the child is young.
My son had double eye surgery in December. His eye is already turning again. It's heartbreaking to see.
(we tried patching, etc, but it didn't work).

As for astigmatism, that pertains to the shape of the eyeball. It typically results in vision not being 'crisp and clear'. (I have it).

Did you go to an ophthalmologist at a Children's Hospital?

And, about my foot- It still hurts. Last night it was hurting a lot. I really don't know how physical therapy is going to help it. They need to find out what's causing the pain/swelling.
Thanks for asking!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#242 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 08:23 AM

Morning mamas. This has been a busy week for me. I hope all is going well. My kids are getting ready to drive on Monday. I am so torn. I think/know they will be good drivers, it's just such a huge worry. Plus I won't be leaving the house to pick them up, which at times will be ok, it's just what the heck am I going to do with my life now? I hope everyone has a good weekend just in case I don't make it back here till Monday.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#243 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Well, no paying the bills. My F*ing STBX withdrew all but $15 freaking dollars from the account. Right after he rented movies for him and his girlfriend. I had set up a transfer of $700 to go into my personal account, but he got to the money as soon as it hit the account. I got the withdrawal texts at 4:53am this morning.

I guess I should not have gone shopping after all last night. I guess I should not have pulled the savings to protect myself. What am I going to do about school?! Rent?! Everything?? I was going to buy groceries.

I don't ever want to be in this position again.
So sorry. The range of emotions you must be going through. Stay strong.

#244 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Brendon, my 4 yo was also just diagnosed with astigmatism. The doc said kids usually grow out of it, but my FIL has one and maybe other people in the family-we all wear glasses but I don't know everyone's issues. I hope the wait and see approach goes well for you!

We got the house! They accepted our (first!) offer tonight and so I call the bank in the morning and I hope all the funding all goes through fine. We could have a REAL house in a month! Yay! : I didn't do the spell I have for getting the house but I might tonight while dh is gone.
: on the house!! Congrats.

#245 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM

DOK- The dr mentioned that it usually requires surgery. He didn't see "it" while we were with him so it was hard to diagnose. If at anytime we are concerned we can bring her in again. He said it is hard to diagnose in such a young child (Erin is 18m). Yes, this was a children's hospital. It was so busy, too busy. WHile I didn't feel rushed, I am wondering about a second opinion. Thoughts?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#246 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 AM

It's a beautiful day here...and we are going to enjoy it! My plan is to end up at the Science Centre this afternoon - they have a wonderful kids area with lots of things to discover.

I'm feeling better today, but my little princess isn't. I'm wondering if it might be post-nasal drip (as a result of the choanal atresia...her nose runs ALL the time). It might explain why she isn't fond of eating (therefore not gaining huge) if there is always stuff in the back of her throat. We see the ENT at the end of the month so I better put that on my list of questions.

So 22 days left until this wedding! Yikes! On a positive note, my Deputy Commanding Officer said that he had a dream about my wedding and that it was a beautiful day and everyone had a fantastic time! I really want the wedding to be outdoors! I still have to print menu cards, programs, make the card box, get ribbon for the pastry chef, get a table cloth, make the centrepieces, and not to mention pick up a whole bunch of stuff! Thankfully it is almost the weekend and we'll be able to get some of this done...and not to mention cleaning!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#247 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
So 22 days left until this wedding! Yikes! On a positive note, my Deputy Commanding Officer said that he had a dream about my wedding and that it was a beautiful day and everyone had a fantastic time! I really want the wedding to be outdoors! I still have to print menu cards, programs, make the card box, get ribbon for the pastry chef, get a table cloth, make the centrepieces, and not to mention pick up a whole bunch of stuff! Thankfully it is almost the weekend and we'll be able to get some of this done...and not to mention cleaning!
Remind me of the madness that was the last month before my own wedding. I put the last stiches in my dress at 11PM the night before.

Sounds like you're not very far from me... maybe we could meet sometime.

I have an aunt who is a nun and we're going to her 50th Anniversary of religious life this week-end... will be interresting.

It's sunny, the birds sing and I'd be outside if it wasn't black flies mania... :

Valérie   
#248 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I have an aunt who is a nun and we're going to her 50th Anniversary of religious life this week-end... will be interresting.
I watched Audrey Hepburn's "A Nun's Story" a couple of weeks ago. It's based on a true story, and the search/struggle to find her true self was intriguing, disturbing and inspiring. A nun's life is so far from anything I would ever want for myself, but the spiritual quest she went on was just fascinating, I now have the book waiting to be read.

Has you aunt ever talked about her path in life and how she came to it?

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#249 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM

I read a book once that had a religious order (some cloistered, some not, all celebate once inducted into the order) where membership was not open to people under 50 years (or something like that). The idea was that a younger person really didn't have the life experiences and self reflective skills necessary to make a true committment to a celebrate and possibly cloistered order. Also the community at large deserved the input of the young people, while the religious community benefited from members who already had diverse skills and experiences.

I found it an interesting chain of logic, and an interesting commentary on a variety of social subjects...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#250 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM

mm and hello, mamas!
i feel like i haven't been in here in forever. i'm so busy! what ever am i going to do once school starts?
actually i think it's all the *getting ready* for school that's taking so much energy.

what would you do in this scenario, if this were you? i have had chicken pox, and mumps both, when i was little.
i either have to prove them by titer, or get vaxed again. actually not sure about mumps because i had the MMR when it came out, when i was 13ish (after i had mumps ). but the pox titer costs like $140 including getting stuck, and the mumps another $100 or so on top of that. i have no extra $$ and i'm uninsured. the vaxes are much less, if i get them publicly.
i don't want more vaxes. but it's a money issue. what would you do?

Quote:
Looking back during certain times today, I realized how much I sacrificed for his happiness. It amazes me what a complete moron I was. Its so nice to be me again...sorta. Healing is going to take a while though.
: it sounds so good to hear you talking like this. i know you're going through hell right now, but and stay sane, k?

Quote:
Add to that the fact that she isn't talking yet (at 20 months) - she does have two words (mama and wawa) but she has several signs (food, daddy, more, all-done, love, kisses, thank you, please, and milk).
my ds didn't talk till he was 2y3m old. he had about the vocab that yours does, and the signs. then at 2y3m he burst out in language, and for two months he built up a vocabulary that included things like "rhinocerous", "hippopotamus", and "echinacea"-- all with perfect diction
she'll be fine, mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Bella- you need to contact a lawyer ASAP. And someone in the military structure too.

It's going to be rough, but things like rent and tuition and paying the bills... those are things he can't just walk away from, no matter where his head is or what he "thinks" is his due. I'm so sorry this is happening, but there are legalities he has to abide by as well. Just make sure you don't sign anything that hasn't been ok'd by your own lawyer!
:

Quote:
We got the house! They accepted our (first!) offer tonight and so I call the bank in the morning and I hope all the funding all goes through fine. We could have a REAL house in a month! Yay! : I didn't do the spell I have for getting the house but I might tonight while dh is gone.
YAY! :

Quote:
Well, my STBX has been a busy bee. He canceled my cellphone. Actually, he just revoked my access and blocked me from keeping my number. Now i need to change all my business stuff over to my new number. He canceled car insurance and renter's insurance at the same time as well.

I am afraid of what he will do next. I am guessing he had his cell phone turned back on or is using someone else's.

I go to JAG tomorrow. The Army can't do much until he is back in Iraq, but STBX has screwed himself royally. He's obviously trying to get kicked out at this point.
holy cow. why is he being such a UAV? is he trying to get back at you for some reason? why can't the army do anything till he's back in Iraq?

Quote:
It was so busy, too busy. WHile I didn't feel rushed, I am wondering about a second opinion. Thoughts?
thought: go with your gut. sounds like you want a 2nd opinion-- i'd go for it!

Quote:
...her nose runs ALL the time). It might explain why she isn't fond of eating (therefore not gaining huge) if there is always stuff in the back of her throat.
well, i have post nasal drip in a big way, and i am way too fond of eating...sigh. i'd eat rope if it were the only thing available :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#251 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Hi mamas.. our net is finally unthrottled : so I can post without issue again yay! The little guy had day 2 of preschool yesterday and had a great day... he didn't get upset when we left, just gave us big hugs and went to play. Last night he crashed out around 545pm and slept until 5am lol. (then he snoozed on the couch some more with dad even)

The older two & I had their group day in the city and it went SO smoothly without me pulling my hair out over occupying him, while not just doing a dump & run with the older two! Hubby got home at noon, us not till 4pm so he had plenty of time on his hands.. so he cleaned the house so we don't have to on the weekend hehehe.

Maia... I'd probably just cop the vax. My concern about the effects of vax's is more a development issue, and I figure since I'm well & truly done with that lol.. I should be fairly safe

Off to head outside with a cuppa and survey the garden, hang out some laundry etc! It's a beautiful day here

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#252 of 465 Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
DOK- The dr mentioned that it usually requires surgery. He didn't see "it" while we were with him so it was hard to diagnose. If at anytime we are concerned we can bring her in again. He said it is hard to diagnose in such a young child (Erin is 18m). Yes, this was a children's hospital. It was so busy, too busy. WHile I didn't feel rushed, I am wondering about a second opinion. Thoughts?
My son's strabismus was intermittent at first. So the doc wasn't able to see it at first. I figured out that the best time for an appt was when I knew ds would be tired (strabismus often gets worse when the child is tired/stressed).
I would definitely either get a second opinion or what a few months and make another appointment. Try to observe what time of day the strabismus seems to be more pronounced and see if you can make an appt around that.

#253 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=Valérie.Qc;13770541]Remind me of the madness that was the last month before my own wedding. I put the last stiches in my dress at 11PM the night before.

Sounds like you're not very far from me... maybe we could meet sometime.
QUOTE]

Haha! The good thing is, now it's the weekend, so he can play with the princess while I can do some much needed typing or assembling :P Way too hard with a curious toddler :P

I'm in the big city of Toronto I do like the subway and the availability of so many different activities, but I do miss the quiet of the more rural areas.

Quote:
I read a book once that had a religious order (some cloistered, some not, all celebate once inducted into the order) where membership was not open to people under 50 years (or something like that). The idea was that a younger person really didn't have the life experiences and self reflective skills necessary to make a true committment to a celebrate and possibly cloistered order. Also the community at large deserved the input of the young people, while the religious community benefited from members who already had diverse skills and experiences.

I found it an interesting chain of logic, and an interesting commentary on a variety of social subjects...
That does sound really interesting! It reminds me of the Gardnerian traditions around here where you need to be at least 21 years old to study with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what would you do in this scenario, if this were you? i have had chicken pox, and mumps both, when i was little.
i either have to prove them by titer, or get vaxed again. actually not sure about mumps because i had the MMR when it came out, when i was 13ish (after i had mumps ). but the pox titer costs like $140 including getting stuck, and the mumps another $100 or so on top of that. i have no extra $$ and i'm uninsured. the vaxes are much less, if i get them publicly.
i don't want more vaxes. but it's a money issue. what would you do?

my ds didn't talk till he was 2y3m old. he had about the vocab that yours does, and the signs. then at 2y3m he burst out in language, and for two months he built up a vocabulary that included things like "rhinocerous", "hippopotamus", and "echinacea"-- all with perfect diction
she'll be fine, mama
I would probably get the vax - but being in Canada, it would be completely covered by our provincial health insurance...so if money was an issue, that would be the way to go.

Thanks for the reassurance about dd...she just has a lot of little things that we need to get sorted out...we even have to go get braces for her legs so she can walk...just waiting for the appointment! *sigh* So much intervention for such a precious little one. (and of course, these braces would not be covered by our provincial health insurance...so it's possibly $3000 that we have to come up with on top of paying for the wedding! let's hope our funding comes through!)

Thunderstorm here right now...and for some reason, I can't sleep, so I'm up. I managed to stay in bed long enough to get my temp for my chart because it's official, we actually get to ttc now (yay!) I'm debating doing dishes...although I probably will since it is so quiet around here. I think I'll get started once I make a cup of lemon and honey and hopefully that will help me feel a little better

The big countdown...3 weeks until we "jump the broom" :

I'm really in the mood to light some candles at the moment...I guess I should just follow that instinct.

Lastly, I just wanted to add, the camp thread looks awesome! I can't wait!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#254 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

i either have to prove them by titer, or get vaxed again.
Legally, you don't need to get vaccines. You can write a letter of exemption. Visit the vax forum on how to write it for your state.

#255 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Legally, you don't need to get vaccines. You can write a letter of exemption. Visit the vax forum on how to write it for your state.
i'm sure that's true, but it's required for school, and school is SO, so, so competitive, that if i refuse or make waves in any way, they'll kick me out and someone more compliant will get my spot.

this is the 3rd time trying-- the first time i made it, but quit (for various reasons) before term started. the 2nd time, last year, i didn't get in. 3rd time's a charm? if i have to get vaxes, i'll get vaxes. i don't really care; i'd just rather not if i can get around it. i know i had those diseases.

at least i don't have to get the Hep B series. that's optional, though strongly recommended, and i have had the series though i can't prove it.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#256 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 11:04 AM
gun

Maia - I got the vax for school. It is free at your public health dept. I didn't have any money for titers and what not. Good luck, and yes, third time is a charm!!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Peace- Heather
#257 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM

Weddings, weddings, weddings- my cousin T just got engaged. What a busy time!

Dh is mowing the lawn and it is making me feel so yucky. *sneeze, cough, sneeze*

DOK- thanks, I will def. keep an eye on it.

Knitting- I started a prayer shawl, it is in pretty heather grey, heather blue, dusty purple. I am a quarter of the way through and it is looking great. My intent is to use it in prayer, sending energy etc
Anyone else knitting?

Gotta look at the camp thread but not until I get my bedroom clean.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#258 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 AM

Maia- I have no idea why he is being such a UAV. He told his exwife that I took $4,000, when I in fact took $1700. It was the money in savings, which he had started to spend and was supposed to go to his back child support compromise of arrears. I took it thinking we would work this out. Now I am using it to pay bills since he isn't.

Last night was hard because I had a dream about him with that other girl. I woke up crying. AF also decided to make an appearance....finally.

Right now I am filing in the blank on the court forms for temporary orders and the petition for dissolution. Should be interesting to see what STBX does when he sees I am requesting $1k/month in spousal support. I need to pay for school and pay the bills.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#259 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I agree. I have attended a few universities and none ever pushed the vax issue at all. In fact, I don't even remember turning in anything about it. I have never heard of a school saying no if you don't have them. Unless you are doing nursing or med. In that case, do the titers.

Can you go to the county health department and ask for titers? Tell them what's going on and that you can't afford it? I have had titers done free for jobs so it can't cost that much more than the vax when they would offer the titers first.

I wouldn't get the vax. Especially if you're already immune. Tossing in that much aluminum, etc. just doesn't make sense if it's not necessary. But then I was vax damaged after my second full set of hep B when they couldn't find my records for one job, so I am biased.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#260 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
at least i don't have to get the Hep B series. that's optional, though strongly recommended, and i have had the series though i can't prove it.
Having been a nurse, the hep vaxx's are at the top of the list of the ones I would want to get...aluminium etc or not.. just because of the sheer amount of contact with bodily fluids nurses have. Universal precautions are smart but they can't prevent some things. Any luck sorting out schedule stuff yet?

Quote:
Right now I am filing in the blank on the court forms for temporary orders and the petition for dissolution. Should be interesting to see what STBX does when he sees I am requesting $1k/month in spousal support. I need to pay for school and pay the bills.
Well, givent hat he has arrears in child support, I'd say unless the military garnishes it straight off his wage you'll have a lot of work trying to get it. If he didn't feel obligated to pay for his child, he won't likely feel like he should 'pay for you' either I really hope it doesn't turn out that way though.. but the way he's acting at the moment the gods only know.

I'm feeling a bit meh the last day or so... alternated between freezing and roasting yesterday, yet no other 'symptoms' .. rather weird. I'm not bad today so I guess I should get a move on :P

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#261 of 465 Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Cari- I have weird hormone things that make me go from warm to cold. Also if I am dehydrated I feel like that. Hope you are feeling better!

I am going to attempt to calm, collect and ground myself in a bit. I have a busy week coming up, so need some extra *umph* to get through it.

*happy vibes to all* :

#262 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 07:54 AM
gun

Hello and good morning all!!! Today we celebrate a special second birthday with Chuckie Cheese. Woo-hoo! But the poor kid was running in the hall last night and hit her head on the door jamb. I don't know how bad it is gonna look today once it starts to color up.

I had the fortune of picking up a small folk art Brigit-like candle holder, for a buck at a garage sale! She is on the altar by the front door.

So get this - I have decided to get trained and certified as a Waldorf teacher. I will start this fall. I am super excited. Am I crazy in thinking this will be a great thing?

Cari - you are so right about the hep B. You just never know when something totally gross and totally unforeseen is gonna happen. I hope you feel more like yourself soon.

Peace- Heather
#263 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Hello and good morning all!!! Today we celebrate a special second birthday with Chuckie Cheese. Woo-hoo! But the poor kid was running in the hall last night and hit her head on the door jamb. I don't know how bad it is gonna look today once it starts to color up.

I had the fortune of picking up a small folk art Brigit-like candle holder, for a buck at a garage sale! She is on the altar by the front door.

So get this - I have decided to get trained and certified as a Waldorf teacher. I will start this fall. I am super excited. Am I crazy in thinking this will be a great thing?
Enjoy the birthday party and the candle holder!

I'm not 100% familiar with Waldorf, but from what I read, it does seem interesting! I don't think you are crazy As long as you enjoy it, then go for it!

--

Today it's beautiful and sunny, although it's supposed to be 8 degrees. Yesterday we got the table seating done...so one thing off the to-do list. We also picked up the ribbon for the cake.

I'm hoping that after we are done the cleaning that we have to do, that we can do some vision boards. We even picked up bristol board yesterday. That would be awesome

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

#264 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Supposed to be a parade today but the forecast is for rain. I hope they postpone it.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to go to church or not this morning. There's an ice cream social after church and...well...I love ice cream.

#265 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 AM

I'd get the vax (if I could find it free/reduced at a health clinic) and just make sure you're taking care of yourself to moderate any side effects... maybe probiotics and some homeopathics before and after the shots? Like you I'd prefer the titers, but given the nature of the nursing/medical world I do understand why they want to see the "paperwork", and it would really stink if you managed to scrape together the money for the titers and then just missed the levels they were looking for and had to get the vax anyway, you know?

gun- cool! DD1's waldorf teacher was with a school for a while and now runs a waldorf/enki program out of her home. There is the "pregrades" ixed age program for 2-6 year olds (next year there will be two different groups, the 2-4 and the 5-6) three days a week and a mixed age "grades" program for homeschooled kiddos on the other two days. Actually, the local waldorf school also has a special 1-2x a week option for homeschoolers. We're not planning on doing the waldorf grades, but we lurve the waldorf pregrade philosophy! Congrats!

brendon- awesome. And I totally forgot to comment on the nifty headband covers you showed in the covering thread. Are you using a pattern from the prayer shawl ministry or using one of your own design? I found a book a while ago called Knitting for Peace or something like that, and each chapter described a different charity you could knit for and the prayer shawl ministry was one of the chapters. The Linus Project (blankets for children/young adults) was similar though more secular in focus.

DoK- ice cream? I vote yes! We only have a few more weeks of UU church to go... June 7th is the BBQ and end of church year picnic. Since we've missed the last few weeks we're trying to be really "good" till then since dd1 enjoys her RE class so much and she wont have that for the summer.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#266 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I agree. I have attended a few universities and none ever pushed the vax issue at all. In fact, I don't even remember turning in anything about it. I have never heard of a school saying no if you don't have them. Unless you are doing nursing or med. In that case, do the titers.

Can you go to the county health department and ask for titers? Tell them what's going on and that you can't afford it? I have had titers done free for jobs so it can't cost that much more than the vax when they would offer the titers first.

I wouldn't get the vax. Especially if you're already immune. Tossing in that much aluminum, etc. just doesn't make sense if it's not necessary. But then I was vax damaged after my second full set of hep B when they couldn't find my records for one job, so I am biased.
it's a community college, and yes, i'll be in the nursing program. the health dept doesn't do titers; i've already asked, and they *say* they charge $90 for the vaxes! i thought they were free, too. i will have to check on that again.
i don't have to get a 2nd set of HepB vax. that one's optional. i have already had the series. i just can't prove it. i explained it to the nurse adviser person and she agreed with me that if i am absolutely sure i've had the series, then don't worry about it (like no, not sure, i dreamed it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

Cari - you are so right about the hep B. You just never know when something totally gross and totally unforeseen is gonna happen. I hope you feel more like yourself soon.
nice score on the candle holder!
no. not crazy. go have fun!
i have had the Hep B series. my boyfriend had Hep B, back in the mid-late 80s, so i had to get the series. i asked the nurse adviser person if i'd still have immunity even though it's been like 24 years, and she told me she still does after all that time, so i'm not worried about it.

Quote:
Today it's beautiful and sunny, although it's supposed to be 8 degrees.
8? as in between 7 and 9?? seriously? holy carp.

i didn't go to church today. i wanted to. it's our last of the "school year" church, with two services, before summer session starts, and it's when the young people do their thing. i'm always so impressed with them. but i'm feeling like crap. started a bit of sore throat yesterday, which got worse overnight; now it's sore and my glands are swollen and i have a bit of a sinus thingy going on, with mild headache. ugh.
best get it over with now, though!

#267 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
and it would really stink if you managed to scrape together the money for the titers and then just missed the levels they were looking for and had to get the vax anyway, you know?
omg, you are so right. i didn't even think about that! good thinking, clay!

#268 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM

We got back from our honeymoon last night. it was perfect for us. we ate at a greasy spoon and stayed the night at a B&B and then the next day we went hiking and exploring all day. It was a part of Iowa I had never explored before. It was so perfect for us and a perfect getaway. We were never ones for fancy dinners or romantic getaways. we would rather laugh and be wild. and we did... well as wild as you can be when you are 18.5 weeks pregnant. lol. i still havent gotten the wedding pics back but i am linking you to my photobook page where i downloaded my honeymoon pics. i put lengthy descriptions on them so you knew where we were.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2447.jpg

it is at the beginning. you can just click through.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#269 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 02:38 PM

gun- I really like a lot of what I know about waldorf. I go for a waldorf inspired homeschool with my girls. I think as more people learn about waldorf education the demand for teachers will really increase. Good luck!

LM- I'm glad you had such a great honeymoon! How'd the kiddos do w/o you?

Have a nice Sunday
#270 of 465 Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 PM

clay- yep, from the prayer shawl ministry. I did changed the pattern a bit. I hope to make one for my Grandmother for christmas.

Lioness- the b&b looks so peaceful and relaxing.

Gun- go for it! I love so many pieces of the waldorf philosophy.

Stopping in, taking a break from cleaning. Dh and I are going to Saratoga sans girls and mil is taking care of them. I am almost done our room.

Dh is ordering Chinese food for dinner. yummy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page