Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Beltane all.

It's raining here this morning, it's nice just a drizzle.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Happy Beltane!!!!

My lilacs are almost in bloom!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM

Happy Beltane!!! I'm trying to catch up after missing all of April with you awesome mamas! Hopefully I'll do better this month!

Brendon - I'm soo envious! Lilacs won't start here for a few more weeks and I can't wait! I actually bought a bar of NH Lilac soap from our local goat farm a couple weekends ago because I was craving the smell so badly. It's the quintessential spring fragrance if you ask me.

We're all doing well here. The PG is progressing well! We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out we are "probably" having a girl! : The tech couldn't be 100% sure because the baby was moving around a lot but he said 65-70% and from what DP & I saw we think it's a girl. I'm so excited!!! Not that we wouldn't love a boy too, but we have two boys and I was starting to feel totally out numbered. It'll be nice to have a little more estrogen in the house!

We started our seeds too! And we got rid of our old smokey grill yesterday so I now have a bare porch to fill with containers and make into our little garden. I'm so looking forward to it!

Hope everyone is doing well and that Spring really is making an appearance everywhere!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
gun

Catch you all in a few days. I am going away fo the weekend! I am hoping it will be a great time!

Thank goodness it's May!! Happy May Day!

Peace- Heather
Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Merry Beltane! It's gloomy gray and going to rain soon here and ds woke up with a barking cough and low fever, so we're kicking off the holiday with a pajama-and-movie day. *lol* Oh well.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:12 AM

Happy Beltane! :

It's gray here... and I woke up more tired than when I went to bed so easy flowy day here...

I plan on going out to take a walk around the yard, look for signs of faery, have a little talk with them and leave some chocolate for them. :

Valérie   
Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Happy May Day, TGIF and all that jazz...

This is the weekend we are doing the big push to finish moving out of old place so I can clean it next weekend. Of course, it's supposed to rain all weekend and we have 2 little league games to work around. It's going to be fun.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Blessed Beltaine! now back to lurking...

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Happy Beltane everyone!
It's a lovely sunny day here. Dh and I will spend all weekend working on the house.

LionessMom- Best wishes for your wedding today!

Cari- I'm glad Jon is doing so fantastic & happy bday to your ds

Have a wonderful Beltane & a great weekend!
: and :
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Merry Beltaine, all!

it was raining hard this morning, but now it's bright and sunny. ds was bummed and annoyed that he couldn't find any dew to wash in but i found him some wettish grass and it sufficed.

it's a gorgeous day now, and someone's horn is going off incessantly, and if i had a shotgun i'd go out and blow it up :
oh whew. it just stopped. i hope it stays stopped!

oh no. here it goes again. GRRR, what a way to ruin a nice day. like when the neighbors start mowing the lawn, or leaf blowing, or weed eating, just when we go to bed. fun.

tomorrow is our Beltaine celebration. we start at the Chamber of Commerce and parade down the street to a park, where we will have kids activities, morris dancers, face painting, and a ritual. yay!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 05-01-2009, 05:11 PM

Happy Beltane, all!

(I'm new).
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 PM

mm and welcome, shabbers! i keep wanting to say scabbers...you know, ron's rat in the harry potter series... sorry!

Lioness, how did your wedding go? are you still in newly wedded bliss, i hope? i don't know why i'm asking...i'd be surprised indeed if you were online on your wedding day! :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Merry Beltane!

I spent most of the day out on the steps along the side of my house. I wrote in my journal, read, and started DH's letter. I walked around in the grass some. I think my right shoulder might be sunburned I literally sat out there for hours.

Gonna light a candle and meditate later.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Merry Beltaine!

It's warm and sunny, and I noticed flowers on my eggplant today!

Maiasaura-that sounds fun! Meanwhile, I feel you on the car horns-there is a neighbor that lives in a condo across the parking lot from ours whose car alarm goes of EVERY DAY at 7pm when they get back from work. Why you say? I do not know.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 AM

I saw some flowers today!!! :::

Valérie   
Old 05-02-2009, 03:12 AM

Hey all, very excited. I got free tickets to the Green Festival in Denver. ::

I used to go every year in San Francisco and have been missing it since moving to CO. Can't wait. Not sure how it will go w/ a 2yo, but hopefully the sling will work well...now, what purse to take that can go across my chest so I can carry a canvas bag on my shoulder for all the goodies I'm going to get?

treehugger.gif
Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 AM

Hi all, just popping in while baby is asleep. Hope everyone is good Poppy is walking now, has been for quite awhile but now she is really good. I have been super busy a lot on my plate, and i made a new friend! yay! we both sew, and like the same movies and books, and we both like coffee now i have someone to go out with heaps. And poppy loves her too. Anywhoo gotta run as i am meant to be doing some stuff, much love.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning! I have sooo much to do today. Here's my list:
*Go to hardware store (next town over) to get pretty plastic adirondack chairs. (They look like wood!.)

*Go to Whole Foods (two towns over...Where there's lots of traffic and road construction)

* Get back in time for 10am for the May Day celebration and go there with ds. (after I put the groceries away).

* Pick up asthma med from pharmacy (hope that the doctors office pharmacy is open)

* Clean the kitchen.

* Do at least 3 loads of laundry.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 AM

Welcome Shabbers!

Batty- good to see you!

The girls are off to my Mom's house for the night. woohoo. dh is taking me out and it is a surprise but first, I am painting the girls room.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
We're all doing well here. The PG is progressing well! We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out we are "probably" having a girl!
Glad all is going well good to see ya! I wouldn't go painting a room pink or anything though... My 16 & 7yo's are supposed to be girls lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Lioness, how did your wedding go? are you still in newly wedded bliss, i hope? i don't know why i'm asking...i'd be surprised indeed if you were online on your wedding day! :
LOL she best NOT be on here on her wedding day! I'm sure we'll get the run down in a few days though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbers View Post
Happy Beltane, all!

(I'm new).
Welcome to the thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
I have been super busy a lot on my plate, and i made a new friend! yay! we both sew, and like the same movies and books, and we both like coffee now i have someone to go out with heaps.
Yay for new friends! Life DOES get hectic when the little ones start walking doesn't it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
The girls are off to my Mom's house for the night. woohoo. dh is taking me out and it is a surprise but first, I am painting the girls room.
Oh nice I hope you enjoy/enjoyed your date night!

We have a 3 day weekend so we're loving it .. it's labour day here Monday. Yesterday we hit Ikea to get a trofast storage thingy for the boys toys, and today we have a picnic in the park with hubby's parents : Tomorrow I spose we should actually try to get some stuff done around HERE ... we have made little progress on organizing the stuff yet to get INTO the house from the garage.

I found a nice 3 tier corner unit that I think I'm going to pick up to move my official altar onto.. no idea why really, it just sorta said altar to me Not that I have altar issues or anything

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Cari- Sorry I still haven't made it to the post office.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM

Hello Mamas, I am looking for someone to chat with. Anyone around?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 AM

Welcome Shabbers! We're a chatty bunch- jump right in

Hi Batty! I'm glad you've made a new friend & I can just imagine Poppy walking- so cute!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I got lucky last night and had a few minutes to myself to celebrate.

Gotta go feed the kids!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 AM

DOK, that's quite alright hun I hope you're feeling better?

Red.. twould appear not! There's rarely anyone on at my wacky times

I had the most beautiful day today The kids were all lovely, of course we were off to a riverside park to have a picnic lunch with nanny & grandpa and their two cousins came as well. My hunny suggested I wear a pretty outfit I bought, but has hung in my closet unworn because it was 'too nice' to wear to do whatever... he said if I wait for the right occasion I'd never wear it, that it made me look & feel great so to wear it. I did... and he was right The weather cooperated wonderfully, and now we're sitting here with the window open listening to the crickets chirp the night away

AND I've got a quote on a ticket that is a great price (the guy said the prices at the moment haven't been this low since the late 80s )

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 PM

cari-- i wear evening dresses barefoot in the mud :
and yes, doesn't it feel good?

yesterday...lovely Beltaine celebration, though loooooooong, and rainy. i didn't even bring the kids' activities out of the car. if it had been sunny and dry, i would have, because they could have sat on blankets or the ground (or in the basketball court that was right there in the park) but it was rainy and wet. there were 3 EZ-ups, but tiny tables within, and no seats. and even if they did paint rocks or make paper flowers, how to get them to their cars in the rain?
but it was fun. too long, though. i was utterly wiped when i got home.

today we are skipping church and just hanging quietly at home i'm going to watch a movie later, and we'll have an ice cream fest, and i'll make pizza, and back on the diet wagon tomorrow

Old 05-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Cari- sounds like a good weekend!

Lioness- thinking of you today

*yawns* can't wake up this morning

Old 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Morning All.

This morning started off kinda blah. I am in my refusing to have a bad mood mode right now. I am trying to manifest some things, just not sure how to go about it because my mind is all in a jumble.

DH is supposed to call today. I can't wait to hear his voice (outside of the build-a-bear puppy he made me), since its been over 2 weeks. I am hoping we get to talk for longer than 20 minutes.

It looks like its going to be a beautiful day outside today, although chilly. Not sure what all I am going to do for the day.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Right now it is cloudy and chilly. Yesterday was such a nice day. All I want to do right now is crawl under the covers and sleep this day away.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM
gun

Howdy all! Welcome to Shabbers!

We went up north for the weekend with my 2 teen nieces, my mom, and DH, DD and I, and had a terrific time!! We went to a water park and had a ball. Ate too much!! Although we didn't officially dance any maypoles there was a fantastic fountain in the town that had big children figures dancing the maypole!!! :

Peace- Heather

User Tag List