Treasure Map 2009 - Happenings/Movement? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 50 Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh I am seeing INCREDIBLE movement...already!! Didn't know that was possible.

I just got a new/first car, with the help of an old family friend (so random), ex and i are getting along wonderfully and communicating better than we EVER have before...everything with dd is running smoothly...met an absolutely AMAZING guy...*on my tm i put "soulmate organic gardener"* and he's an organic gardener... we have so much in common and talk for hours every night before bed (he just moved to denver, cool, eh?)... it's a very intense feeling... *I also put on my map "I build lasting relationships with positive peeople"* and all my friends who i don't quite get along with all told me (in the same 24 hours!) that they think we should cut ties...I AGREED 100%... i feel im on the brink of something incredible, something mindblowingly REAL.

THIS MAP IS WORKING WONDERS....i had no idea it could work this quickly, this powerfully......i am lovin every minute

edit: i also forgot to say i put "doula and midwifery" on my map, and BAM i had my first live birth as a doula a couple weeks ago.

:

What's going on with everyone else and your maps???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine is not doing anything good.

I put a whole relationship section for DH and I, with words like "passionately" and "trust." I have the phrases "my marriage grows stronger every single day" and "let's build something together." I also have "B loves B."

He's on his way back for R&R and lied about it. He also emailed me Monday that he wanted a divorce. He called saying he was tired of the fighting and some other stuff. In another email before he left he said we would talk when he got home but, I don't know if he means from the deployment or for R&R.

This is not what I wanted. Sorry to be a downer. I just am so confused.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#3 of 50 Old 05-10-2009, 11:03 PM

I'm sorry bella.

Well, this started in the first couple weeks after making TM.

I have a pic on there of a little boy hugging a woman (momma). I did it to show an extra closeness between ds & I. Well, guess who suddenly LOVES giving hugs & wants to be held all the time? lol

I also put up a few pics of happy couples, and a couple more intimate (snuggly under the covers) pics of couples, & dh & I have been, ummm, much more snuggly, lol.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#4 of 50 Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm so sorry bellaluna...maybe you'll clear out the muck before the good can play out. Please keep us updated, I hope you are doing ok. s
#5 of 50 Old 05-12-2009, 09:10 PM

Just to update. I am filing for divorce. He has completely cut me out from everything, including being able to see his paychecks. He has made no contact with me in over a week and he has been back in the states since Friday.

I just don't know how the universe is going to interpret the relationship section now

#6 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 AM

i'm sorry bella, very sorry. i'm very curious to know about the rest of your map. i hope good things are headed your way.

my tm is a folder on my computer of photos found using google image search. i stupidly saved only the thumbnail (didn't click through to larger photos) so i can't print it out, but i look at it almost every day. one is a kind of retro-looking photo of a man and woman about to kiss, which turned up by searching for "joy" (apparently the photo is from "the joy of sex"). our relationship isn't the greatest, but there certainly has been a lot of joy of that variety going on at our house!

there are other things i can see beginning to happen, or getting set up to happen, but that's the only one i could really say has happened / is happening.
#7 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM

This is my map:

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...DSC_0001-1.jpg

#8 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 PM

well, i see "be brave" "moving forward" and "guaranteed growth"! i hope the positive developments, with your midwifery practice and all the fun you have in mind for your little one, will help you get through it.

eta: wait! do you have a babe? i just assumed from your tm and because most people do here, but now i'm not so sure. now i'm wondering if that's another area where you're feeling a sense of loss, if you were hoping to have a babe and now those plans are changing. so sorry for the tough time you're going through!
#9 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post

well, i see "be brave" "moving forward" and "guaranteed growth"! i hope the positive developments, with your midwifery practice and all the fun you have in mind for your little one, will help you get through it.
I don't have a little one. We were trying before he left.

#10 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM

oops - sorry, i went to edit my post, then left my computer (for, um, half hour?!), saved changes and then saw your post. (((hugs)))
#11 of 50 Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:

eta: wait! do you have a babe? i just assumed from your tm and because most people do here, but now i'm not so sure. now i'm wondering if that's another area where you're feeling a sense of loss, if you were hoping to have a babe and now those plans are changing. so sorry for the tough time you're going through!
Yeah, I am still hoping for a baby. I have wanted one for 2 years now. We tried for almost a year and all I can say is thank the gods we didn't have a baby.

Quote:
oops - sorry, i went to edit my post, then left my computer (for, um, half hour?!), saved changes and then saw your post. (((hugs)))
Oh its okay. I tend to do that too, especially with my nephew distracting me now.

#12 of 50 Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM

I put a picture of a graduation hat laying on top of money on my map for relief of student loan debt. Shortly after I finished the map we got letter in the mail saying that because of the economy they were reducing the interest rates to 6 % for the rest of the loan! It's not affecting our monthly payment amount but we will pay them off faster since we originally consolidated at somewhere around 8.5 %! Every little bit helps.
#13 of 50 Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Bella,
Big hugs. I am very certain you are going to have the relationship that is perfect for you. One that will nurture you immensely.

It may not be with your husband but it will be with someone.

Do not give up on your board. If it someone else so bet it....also something to think about...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=406

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#14 of 50 Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM

also... I highly, highly recommend this for you

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=407

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#15 of 50 Old 05-16-2009, 01:21 AM

I'm seeing movement.. in a rather funny way though. I put a couple of images showing writing/writers as I want to start writing again... and now dh has starting writing a book based on a dream he had I told him to get outta my mojo dammit lol

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#16 of 50 Old 05-16-2009, 02:04 AM

I had the first happening/movement from my map this week. I've been visualizing a reliable, safe babysitter for DD so I can go out to a movie or out with friends or take a class occasionally. I got a lead on a great girl this week. I met her today and I think this will work out well.

Nothing other than that.

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#17 of 50 Old 05-17-2009, 09:31 AM

Yep.

I have a picture of a german shepherd puppy, and my sister just picked one out! Very unexpected. I didn't know they were planning it when I was making the map. It was supposed to be MY puppy They will be bringing the little thing home in July.

I have a few couples on vacation pictures, and DP and I have been doing more one-on-one things together outside the house than ever. What surprising is, he's been initiating almost all of it, and the other day he mentioned that it was deliberate on his part.

Expecting any day now: for something to come through on the job front for him, followed by a house purchase, with a baby and all kinds of other wonderful things.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#18 of 50 Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM

oriole, i just took a peek at your blog. your blogging about stepmomming is feeling like an article. I think you should flesh it out and submit it somewhere.

#19 of 50 Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 PM

Tracy,
It's funny that you mention that, probably 1/4 of my map is dedicated to writing and getting published. I meant "a novel" when I was putting the map together, but I will definitely look into articles and magazines.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#20 of 50 Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM

I had a major actualization-at the beginning of the year we decided we wanted a new home-made my list of 15 wishes for it and sent intentions out to the universe. We found a house we liked (it had 14 out of those 15 items, plus 2 more good things I didn't even think of,) so we put our house on the market, got an offer that weekend, put an offer on the house we wanted and by a month and a half we were moved in. It was a bit too much too fast, but man, it happened! Our new home is truly everything we could want and I absolutely love it-I did not fully understand how soothing it is to your soul to be completely comfortable in your home. I don't think I've ever had that!

Now after 10 years of being out of the workplace to raise my dds, I'm in a place where I'd like to return, but in a new and improved way. It would be really cool if things fell into place as they did with our house.
#21 of 50 Old 05-17-2009, 11:35 PM

Is it possible that all of this drama that is happening, could be something to bring us closer together? I am just curious.

#22 of 50 Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 AM

Bella i am going to pm you about a dream i had, hope that is ok?
#23 of 50 Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Bella- I was thinking it could either be that this process is part of growing closer/stronger with your current partner or maybe it means that this year you'll meet and grow closer to a new partner?

Two years ago my map had a section where I was focusing on getting a library science degree... one of the images was from an MLS website and showed a women sort of flying through the sky over a library holding a degree. Well, that year I left the library where I'd worked for 6 years to be a SAH. At the time part of me wondered if maybe the image was more a woman flying away from a library and if that influenced how things moved forward. It wasn't what I had planned or hoped or imagined when I made the map, but looking back from a 2 year distance I can see how the whole thing sort of fit together with the other themes/images I'd used. And for me, leaving the library was very very VERY hard, and led to a lot of depression and personal hurt and therapy... but it was a crucial step in understanding some wider issues in my life and so ultimately it's been a good thing. Just not a fun or enjoyable thing.

So maybe this is something similar? The down swoop or the roller coaster and in a year or so you'll be able to look back and see how this was an important/necessary step?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#24 of 50 Old 05-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Just to update. I am filing for divorce. He has completely cut me out from everything, including being able to see his paychecks. He has made no contact with me in over a week and he has been back in the states since Friday.

I just don't know how the universe is going to interpret the relationship section now
Perhaps the relationship you've been in isn't capable of giving you what you need & you need out of that relationship to be available for something better. Stay strong

Much of my TM involves the house dh and I are building- things I want included in our lifestyle there. It's coming along nicely

Several months ago I decided I wanted to start running into old friends that I haven't seen for a long time. There's no formal image on my TM for it, I just affirm often that I want to see how old friends are doing. I've had a lot of success with it! Just this weekend I saw a girl who was almost my niece. I haven't seen her in about 10 years and I used to have a very close relationship with her. I see old friends often now, when in the past I almost never bumped into anyone. It makes me really happy.
#25 of 50 Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM

i didnt read all the replies, but i did want to pop on and share two things....

~i've had stuff on my TM in the past that SO did not turn out how i'd intended, but it always........ how to put it.... wound up being something infinitely more interesting/worthwhile/more me/better for us... etc.....

~this year is very interesting so far. my map had a very singular and specific focus, and about a month ago, dh and i decided that it was not a good idea to even be thinking about it this summer, so i actually put my map aside for the next few months. i made a mini one for the summer, to focus me on RIGHT NOW, and will re-assess this fall. i can not even begin to express how stinking hard this was for me.... i was right irked off for a long time.... but i know it was absolutely the right thing, and one month in, i know it means something even better and more true and wonderful coming......

and, bella, yes, i do think that's possible. just about anything is, imo. the best things in my life have typically been from or out of the worst or hardest or most.... you know what i mean.

hugs to all, and happy manifesting vibes!
#26 of 50 Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM

I love reading this thread and the TM thread...since I wasn't here to do the TM at that time...I have made a vision board. The power went out yesterday and it was the perfect opportunity since DD was napping. I thought I'd share it and hope I can talk about the progress. DP loves it too! (I'm not crafty so I'm super excited about it because I think it looks great!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38555576@N02/3549241074/

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#27 of 50 Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM

That looks great Nicole. I'm really "wordy" too, and words often work better for me than images. I hope you get your homebirth
#28 of 50 Old 05-20-2009, 02:01 PM

Saphire - thanks After a preemie, I could use a low-intervention birth to bring some confidence that my body can do this. I put lots of thought into it and that's why I put the baby pic head down, just to try and eliminate anything that could happen :P And you are right, I am wordy. I've always loved writing poetry and ever since grade 3 where my teacher failed me (yes actually failed me) on my colouring of a "Jesus and the 12 disciples" picture, I've lost a lot of my attachment to visual art. I am very musical though - playing piano, violin, guitar, flute, and I'm a vocalist...so I sing tons! I am putting it up as a backdrop to my altar in my room

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#29 of 50 Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM

So far, the only major movement I have really seen with my TM is the improvement of my relationship with DH and that we're all happy and healthy. I also started writing again (blogging), cut out the TV, and have been a lot more relaxed.

The major parts that I was really concerned about though - financial security and a new home - aren't turning out at all. Things have been really stressful and disappointing on that front. I'm trying not to focus too much on those aspects, but it can be hard.

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#30 of 50 Old 05-27-2009, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So far my whole map is stalled except for one very strong focal point, which I didn't intend to be a focal point. After my TM was all said and done, actually almost 2 weeks after completion I realized I needed to put my friend Amber on it. She's been missing since October 18, 2008. Now I can't get my mind off of her. She keeps popping up in my day-to-day all the time. I now live half way across the country and have long before she went missing so I find this all very odd. I put her in helpful people area, as that is exactly what she was.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...ing-women.html

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (11 years old)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page