June Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
Hello, ladies! Despite my best intentions and hopes I simply cannot ever keep up with these threads! But I'm wondering if this is where you all will discuss plans for Litha or if that will be in a separate thread. The search function isn't working for me so please forgive me if that should be obvious.

Thanks!:
Our threads tend to overwhelm a bit.. even for us old timers lol. Re: Litha.. we have numerous 'summer camp' workshops (but they aren't all litha specific) that will be coming up on the spirituality board and I'm sure Litha chat/questions etc are quite welcome here too!

For us down here (Aussie land) it's sneaking up on Winter Solstice (not that we have much winter here in the tropics... it gets 'chilly' but that's about it!) so normally my sabbat prep would be out of time for the thread. This year there is no prep as I'm working on surviving pneumonia SO what are your plans for the big day? Anything exciting??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I am totally behind. Dh's grandfather died. He was in a coma and they pulled the plug 9 days before that. So we are going to the funeral tomorrow and a Coldplay concert Friday. Then Sunday I get to meet a looong lost friend and I can't wait! :
My goodness what an up and down weekend that will be. Very sorry for your dh's loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
UU- maybe check out the Church of the Wider Fellowship? It's an online UU community, so it may provide a sort of halfway house in terms of findind and integrating with a UU community that is supportive rather than off-putting.
I may check that out myself
Quote:
My mini-update... the brakes on DH's car went out while he was driving yesterday.
Yikes! I'm glad nobody was hurt! Inconvenience sucks..hubbys in hospital far worse!
Quote:
Also because of the cold weather my photoshoot keeps getting moved (packed in cold wet clay on a stream bank, nekkid, for a few hours in 50 degree weather? mmmmmm, no)
: is required here I do believe LOL. Hope it warms up for you soon, or those photos will be VERY nipply LMAO.

I *think* I am starting to perk up finally... still going to take it very easy for another week though. I did some very minor tidying up last night & this morning and it didn't wind me too badly, but I still think I'll need a nap when dh gets home today and I'm quite certain he will have to take my list & go grocery shopping... I don't have the endurance for that yet!

For slightly belated bday presents, I ordered myself some of these We had planned to go to their distributors market stall (it's at a very hip bohemian feeling market) but my health just isn't up for all that walking yet and I couldn't STAND to wait. Only 20bucks a pair.. you can't BUY things for that price here.. cept crap at wally world that falls apart & is polyester :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Dental vibes still on their way for the next procedure... is it a children's hospital?
Oops, I thought you were talking about Roo's next visit.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Our threads tend to overwhelm a bit.. even for us old timers lol. Re: Litha.. we have numerous 'summer camp' workshops (but they aren't all litha specific) that will be coming up on the spirituality board and I'm sure Litha chat/questions etc are quite welcome here too!

For us down here (Aussie land) it's sneaking up on Winter Solstice (not that we have much winter here in the tropics... it gets 'chilly' but that's about it!) so normally my sabbat prep would be out of time for the thread. This year there is no prep as I'm working on surviving pneumonia SO what are your plans for the big day? Anything exciting??
I've tried several times to join in officially, but just never keep up. LOL It's also hard to just jump into a group I don't know. But each time I try all the names start sounding more and more familliar.

Anyway, we don't know all our plans yet. I was beginning to scour the net looking for ideas. We know we'll be watching the sunset on the beach, but that is so far the extent of our plans. We gather with a group of four families total (nine kids).

What plans does everyone here have for Litha? Or, for those who prefer to live upside-down what are your favorite traditions for Litha? (PS. We don't really have seasons here, either. But we try to pretend. )

Hey, while I'm at it, I have another question for you - I've been wanting to start a Pagan Kids group on Flickr, would anyone be interested in joining? As far as I can tell there is no group really specific to kids.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
I've tried several times to join in officially, but just never keep up. LOL It's also hard to just jump into a group I don't know. But each time I try all the names start sounding more and more familliar.
we grow on ya... like fungus!
Quote:
What plans does everyone here have for Litha? Or, for those who prefer to live upside-down what are your favorite traditions for Litha? (PS. We don't really have seasons here, either. But we try to pretend. )
We have seasons... they are SUMMER... and either almost summer.. or just past summer lol. Even on our coolest day, I have to lose my sweater by lunch...only to put it on again as the sun goes down : We are very informal pagans (no high muckety muck rituals for me thanks lol)...On summer solstice I'll wake up to greet the sun (no mean feat considering he rises by 420am on the day!) and we fill our day with things to celebrate the energy of summer. THe kiddy pool may be filled, there will DEFINITELY be something sacrificed on the bbq (most likely mutton chops and every kind of veggie from the garden!). The boys & I usually do a few seasonal crafts leading up to the day and decorate our family altar (dining room hutch ) with them. I'm getting ready to work up a few ideas for the altars workshop part of the pagan summer camp thread series, coming to a spirituality board near you soon! lol

Quote:
Hey, while I'm at it, I have another question for you - I've been wanting to start a Pagan Kids group on Flickr, would anyone be interested in joining? As far as I can tell there is no group really specific to kids.
I'll be honest, I'm a total flickr noob. There is an mdc pagan mamas group on there that I'm part of... and haven't visited again since we started it up I'm pretty entrenched in photobucket.

Btw, I didn't realize you own SOAM.. what a beautiful website!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM

Morning mamas. Thanks to all for your kind words on my DH's Grandmother passing, she was an amazing person. Just popping in quick this morning. MY DD has to go have a ultrasound this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Dental vibes still on their way for the next procedure... is it a children's hospital?
There is a state children's hospital within half an hour of here, but the hospital where dd's dentist has privileges is the regular hospital where she was born. I'd feel more comfortable with an anesthesiologist who specializes in pediatric care. On the flip side, I've heard from parents who used the children's hospital for dental procedures that they weren't totally thrilled with the level of care. The devil or the deep blue sea, right?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Mornin mamas... rather quiet here today I see!?

Yesterday I ventured out of the house for the first time in 2 weeks (doc's visit excluded). We needed a few things so we all went to the shop & had a posh iced coffee, a snack for the boys and picked up what we needed. We were out just over an hour... and by the time we were leaving I was starting to break a sweat. It didn't SEEM like we walked that much, but apparently my bod was telling me ENOUGH! We picked up snacky foods for preschool, so I'm going to attempt to load the boys up & take the little dude to kindy.. and then come home & have a nap

Three day weekend here (the Queens' birthday... but we are calling it Quinn's birthday weekend since he turns 3 on Monday and both dh & I are looking forward to the rest. My poor hunny is nearly as worn out as I am.. he says he has a new found respect for my everyday life after having to be him at work all day, then come home & be both of us lol.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 PM

Sorry I have away again.

Kitty- thinking of you and your family. I am sorry about your dh's grandfather's passing.

Red- I am so confused. I know I wanted to wish you something...comfort, calm. I'm so sorry. I am thinking of you though.

Clay- Oh goodness women, what craziness. I love your sense of humor though!

I have been gardening and doing my kitchen witch thing more. Did you know hotdogs and spicey stir fry compliment each other very well? I need to take pics of my garden.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 PM

i can not keep up with y'all lately!! you are way too prolific. collective you, that is

Quote:
chin up mama, I know a way will show up!
thanks, Cari. i feel better than i did the other day, though not much has been resolved.
i had a nursing advising session, and found out that i do NOT want the evening/weekend option, so i hope i get to register early and get what i want! now all i have to do is find someone to move in-- honestly, free rent for like 3-4 hours a week of work is a sweet deal. you'd think this would be easier. Bella? where in NC? does Asheville sound like a plan?

as for insurance, this reallyreally sucks, but the Health Choice even at $178/month is the best deal. it's $0 deductable for anything, $1 per prescription, and full hospital stuff, all dental-- can't beat it, except when it was $50/year i don't know where in the dang budget it's going to come from, but i'll figure it out. just need someone to help with budgeting so i can actually have something to stick to, and stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
I don't know if you've looked into this option - but it can be very worthwhile. Contact the pharmaceutical company for a Patient Assistance Program.

There are also a couple of options to reduce the cost that involves getting high dose tablets and then cutting or crushing down to the appropriate dose. Often 30 pills costs the same regardless of the dosage of each pill. Example: DS takes 10 mg/day. Pills are available in 10, 20 and 40 mg doses. Instead of getting thirty 10 mg pills, get thirty 40 mg pills. After cutting or crushing them, you have 120 days of meds instead of 30 for the same price.
that's freaking brilliant about the dosages. far as i know, though, ds's script comes in 30, 50, 60, and 70mg-- and he's at 60. they're capsules and they don't split. but on weekends, during the school year, he's on the lower doses. i don't know what we'll be doing for summer. prolly lower doses unless he has to be somewhere important.

i checked around on the low/free prescription plans, just a little bit-- and we're very slightly over income there, too i wish these places/agencies would consider *output* and not just income. and also not count *gross* income. that's so mean. and that's why we've been bumped out of the state health plan, because of $250/month that i pay the dang government :

oh, and Vyvanse isn't on the drug lists. neither is Adderall or its generic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I broke down and got coffee this morning. Oh it's so lovely.

And got good news about one of our bills that we were concerned about, the company totally floored us with their suggestion with how to deal with it, well within our budget. So that was a breathe of relief.

I am alone in the office again... so I am going to get back to work and dream about my gardening/landscape plans and hope the rain holds off so DP or I can mow the backyard before the grass gets too tall for Dad's ancient lawnmower.
are you quitting coffee? :
yay on the bill- i love that kind of news. send some my way!
my grass has to be knee high now. and i have a non-motorized mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Oh yes, TT, I have some experience with a "cultish" type church if you'd like to PM me and chat.
is that a UA to talk about? if so, why? i'm curious about the cultish experience, too. can it stay on-thread, or is it too sensitive or something?

Quote:
But I'm wondering if this is where you all will discuss plans for Litha or if that will be in a separate thread.
we're going to PSG next week : and i'm SO not ready. at least i managed to waterproof the tent! i'll be spending all weekend packing stuff. then clean the car out. and finalize the grocery list. then later next week i can concentrate on packing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
So we are going to the funeral tomorrow and a Coldplay concert Friday. Then Sunday I get to meet a looong lost friend and I can't wait! : She is a recovering addict and has worked really hard on coming clean and getting her kids back, so I am happy for her.
yikes, what a week! i'm sorry. and happy. and...i hope it works out for you :

i am a recovering person, too. YAY for your friend! that's awesome. i hope she stays sober i will have fifteen years this August!!

Quote:
Plus I had a lot of cramping last night, really ahrd contractions today every time I moved quickly, and the babe has been less bouncy (though still moving regularly) so that's a worry...

But I'm laughing. Why not? It's all gonna work out somehow!
wombat, when are you due again?

i guess if you can laugh, i'll have to as well

Quote:
My poor hunny is nearly as worn out as I am.. he says he has a new found respect for my everyday life after having to be him at work all day, then come home & be both of us lol.
omg, why am i just cracking up, here? in a mischiuevous way?
i wish all guys had to do that, just for one day. just one.

Cari, i'm glad you're feeling better!
DOK, i really hope you feel better, soon, too. i really feel for ya, since you and i are sort of in the same boat
Eilonwy, it's great to see you again! welcome back!
and a big MM/welcome to the newbies!!

oh, y'all-- anyone know what happened to RavenFriend? i remember i think she changed her username--but anyone know if she's ok?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 06-05-2009, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi everyone joining you again.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
My poor hunny is nearly as worn out as I am.. he says he has a new found respect for my everyday life after having to be him at work all day, then come home & be both of us lol.
Ha, I love it when the guys have a day at home with the kids. Or many days doing more with the kids. Even my wonderful hubby who helps a ton, etc... Things are much better when he has frequent reminders of how much work it is to be a mom.

Plans for Litha? Hm. My kids will be home for one week between a sandwich of 2 weeks on either side with their father. the 21st is the last night they will be home so I imagine it will be swimming and a cookout at my parents. I may get/make them a little present for the midsummer and my dd and I will probably do an herbal sun tea. But it's all about family this time of year, since they are gone for a total of a month over June and July.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
:

we're going to PSG next week : and i'm SO not ready. at least i managed to waterproof the tent! i'll be spending all weekend packing stuff. then clean the car out. and finalize the grocery list. then later next week i can concentrate on packing the car.
SO totally jealous.. we want lots of pics!

Quote:
omg, why am i just cracking up, here? in a mischiuevous way?
i wish all guys had to do that, just for one day. just one.
Hehe and he's had to do it for TWO WEEKS now! I manage to barely keep the chaos at bay from the kids waking up at 7am till DH getting home around 1-2pm.. then it's all him again! And the funny thing? He has always done his fair share around here (not that he's perfect about it, but I overlook that So he's never been one of those non helping hubbies! And I have no idea about Ravenfriend Hopefully if she is lurking about with a new name she'll pop over and let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
hi everyone joining you again.
Welcome again :

Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 AM

Hi All!

Today was my Dad's 49th B-day so I spent it hanging out with him and resting because I am coming down with whatever nastiness my nephew's Dad has.

Its horribly hot here. I really wish I had a/c in my car because the drive from the store (like 5 minutes away) to my house was EVIL. I was so worried that my Dad's cake would melt and it wasn't even an ice cream cake lol.

Tomorrow I have a business meeting and go back to my old place to pack my stuff. Its going to suck, but I am getting to a place of being VERY happy that this happened.

to all.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 06-05-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
I'll be honest, I'm a total flickr noob. There is an mdc pagan mamas group on there that I'm part of... and haven't visited again since we started it up I'm pretty entrenched in photobucket.

Btw, I didn't realize you own SOAM.. what a beautiful website!
Thank you!

I may check out that Flickr group and join if you all don't mind.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 AM

I apologize for my spelling and grammar in my above post, sometimes I take the time to re-read and obviously, I did not.

I think we are going to picnic for the solstice. Not sure what else, I keep being pulled towards making cheddar/garlic biscuits, so I thinking I will base the meal around that. With our CSA in full swing, I am being very creative in the kitchen.: It would be a good time to pull out my cookbooks, and my new Goddess book.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Hi All!

Today was my Dad's 49th B-day so I spent it hanging out with him and resting because I am coming down with whatever nastiness my nephew's Dad has.

Tomorrow I have a business meeting and go back to my old place to pack my stuff. Its going to suck, but I am getting to a place of being VERY happy that this happened.

to all.
Feel better, good luck on meeting, and on feeling happy this happened. It's all for a reason, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I apologize for my spelling and grammar in my above post, sometimes I take the time to re-read and obviously, I did not.

I think we are going to picnic for the solstice. Not sure what else, I keep being pulled towards making cheddar/garlic biscuits, so I thinking I will base the meal around that. With our CSA in full swing, I am being very creative in the kitchen.: It would be a good time to pull out my cookbooks, and my new Goddess book.
MM. garlic cheddar biscuits. Now I want to make that. yum.
I am getting pretty creative in the kitchen these days as well. garden, farmers market, growing living things! Yay!
What Goddess book?

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 AM

I just got Ted Andrews new Animal-Speak pocket guide. It is pretty cool. Small enough to pop in your bag to have a reference while out and about.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
SO totally jealous.. we want lots of pics!
i probably won't be taking much, if any. i never do. cameras have to be tagged and you have to get permission of *every* person in photos when you take them, and photos of the big rituals aren't allowed. i will be taking plenty of ds and my friends, though, hopefully! those, i can post. i think. PSG has pretty strict rules about taking pictures. but i will post what i can!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 PM

Still here, keeping up, just don't have much to say. I'm heading out toward the Farm this weekend. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do once I get there; Apparently there's a gathering I didn't know about? So I'll figure it out. The ride up should be amusing, though; I'm picking up a friend along the way.

Have I mentioned recently that I'm in love? I'm in love! : Last night I finally got him to make a Facebook page. Now I can prove that he really exists! That's always nice, isn't it?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM

see, that's why i wont do facebook. i dont want anyone proving that i exist. (congrats, btw!)

Quote:
(the Queens' birthday... but we are calling it Quinn's birthday weekend since he turns 3 on Monday
ok, that's funny cause i was just talking about how much younger he is than B. two months, two days. happy bday, little!

i am rotflmao, though about the queen's birthday. i've been on a bit of a royal kick lately. i've got a big soft spot for her, though aparently, her real birthday is in april. now, why would they do that? no, wait, dont answer. i lived in england long enough to get a sense of the love of bank holidays...

ZB, i *think* we did a midsummer mini-camp last year?? though dont quote me on that, and gods know if i'd be able to find it.... we're focusing on the mid-summer-mid-winter connection this year, as we're *planning* on being in our new home by then......

maia, i missed something, hon. hugs and hope funding and so on works out.....

hugs and candles lit and bunches of sunny tropical flowers to you all!
:
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
is that a UA to talk about? if so, why? i'm curious about the cultish experience, too. can it stay on-thread, or is it too sensitive or something?
It's just that the members don't think they're a cult and would take offense and probably my mentioning it would get some people angered and well, that's what would make it UAV. Tho, from a spiritual perspective, I wish I could go into it. I need some support on this matter, ya know?

As far as Litha plans, nothing exactly Lithaish here, but my DSC arrive on the 20th, and that's joyous enough for me. Man I miss those kids!!

Seriously, gardening has been a real joy for me. It's like a form of prayer, I think. Just weeding and putting crushed egg shells to keep the slugs away makes me feel very in tune.

signature currently in transition
Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Well... my crampy/contractions when doing "stuff" turned out to be my first experience with pre-term labor. I'm only at 30 weeks and I've never had PTL with my other pregnancies so this is both new territory and not good news.

I spent most of the 4th with the med-pros and basically it's boiled down to a really happy and thriving asymptomatic bladder infection with UTI. So I'm on antibiotics (the levels were well past the "conservative treatment" point, especially given the PTL) with orders to push fluids, stay off my feet, and get my booty to the L&D unit if this happens again. Of course DH's cousins arrive in a few hours and they'll all be going on a camping trip tomorrow morning so I'l solo-parent this weekend... how exactly do I "stay off my feet"? I've told DH to bring home junk food (gluten free pizza and stuff we don't really have a budget for but which will keep the munchkins distracted) and I'm planning a lot of dvd Muppets but hopefully the girls decide to be darling, and the uterus decides to be calm as well.

Then next week we're doing dd2's birthday, the weekend after that we pack up my MIL and drive her UHaul 5 hours and unpack her here, the following weekend we are meeting friends in NYC before they leave the mainland for a 2 year fellowship... so I can pencil in some relaxation for July I think!

On the up side I met with my doula today and the house is in pretty good shape and the temps hit the mid 60s and I think DH is going to build a bonfire tonight. And I'm not contracting nearly as frequently today so the meds must be doing their thing.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 06-05-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

My stitches on one of the biopsy/mole removal sites popped today. I'm feeling rather queasy about it. Just got back from the surgeon's office. All they do at this point is give supplies (gauze, bandage) to keep it covered during the day.

Clay- Please take it easy as much as you can. Thinking of you.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:50 PM

Clay- I had that with Gillian and it was not fun. *hugs* Feel better!

DOK- oh hon, *hugs*

Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
and I'm planning a lot of dvd Muppets but hopefully the girls decide to be darling, and the uterus decides to be calm as well.
I'll come and be a darling if you let me watch DVD Muppets!
In seriousness, I hope that uterus decides to stay calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
My stitches on one of the biopsy/mole removal sites popped today. I'm feeling rather queasy about it. Just got back from the surgeon's office. All they do at this point is give supplies (gauze, bandage) to keep it covered during the day.
I cannot handle any surgery, regarless of how minor. Last summer I had a mole shaved off and I was dizzy the whole next day just b/c of the ookiness of it.

I wasn't able to search the forum for Litha stuff b/c the search function was ignoring me no matter how voliently I clicked and how many curse words I hollered. But I suppose that could have been a glitch so I will try again later.

In the mean time I suppose I will Google for more ideas - any favorite links? I do have Circle Round, but still like to consider more.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 PM

Litha- DS bday is june 21st.

had my 20 week US. It's a girl. i really thought it would be a boy. i guess i wanted a boy so bad that i couldnt hear my intuition saying it was a girl. we are happy but a little disappointed as DH and I wanted a boy this time. this will be our last. at least we wont have to buy a bunch of stuff. baby is all healthy. she is also breech right now which would explain the breathlessness. she is shoving her head into my diaphragm. and her toes are digging into my bladder lol. they had a hard time getting the pic of her feet b/c of where they were but here is the copy i got.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...BabyGirlUS.jpg

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
i probably won't be taking much, if any. i never do. cameras have to be tagged and you have to get permission of *every* person in photos when you take them, and photos of the big rituals aren't allowed. i will be taking plenty of ds and my friends, though, hopefully! those, i can post. i think. PSG has pretty strict rules about taking pictures. but i will post what i can!
Oh bummer! I totally understand the need for the rules though. Look forward to seeing the ones you can post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i am rotflmao, though about the queen's birthday. i've been on a bit of a royal kick lately. i've got a big soft spot for her, though aparently, her real birthday is in april. now, why would they do that? no, wait, dont answer. i lived in england long enough to get a sense of the love of bank holidays...
I'm rather fond of the old bird too, although I'd be in favour of becoming a Republic instead of a member of the Commonwealth despite that I think the reason that her 'observed' bday is in June is that the first half of the year is covered up with 3 day weekends LOL. After June there's pretty much zero public holidays till xmas time. If they did her day in April, nobody would ever get any work done hehehe. But yes, aussies DO love a good excuse for a 3day weekend

Quote:
I spent most of the 4th with the med-pros and basically it's boiled down to a really happy and thriving asymptomatic bladder infection with UTI.
Hopefully that's the only thing causing the crampiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Icky... that'd sorta skwik me out too I must say. Couldn't they give ya steri strips to help keep it closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
had my 20 week US. It's a girl. i really thought it would be a boy. i guess i wanted a boy so bad that i couldnt hear my intuition saying it was a girl. we are happy but a little disappointed as DH and I wanted a boy this time. this will be our last. at least we wont have to buy a bunch of stuff. baby is all healthy.
I am going to tell you a little story of ultrasounds ... I am SUPPOSED to have 3 boys and 2 girls according to ultrasounds! Their names are Jon, DERRICK, LUCAS, Connor and Quinn.... the two in caps, were most assuredly girls so sayeth the ultrasound folk, and that's not only the tech, but the OB's were there as well and concurred. Upon the birth of 'girl' #1, whom the very same doc delivered... he said HOW did I miss THOSE!?! So don't go painting the room pink, and have a gender neutral outfit or two handy for coming home And for the love of Goddess, definitely have a boys name at least floating around LOL... Derrick REALLY threw us on that one LOL.

Today we are going to pick up little dude's cool birthday present (getting him an all wood farm set that is just too cute!) and then we are going to zip through the cbd (umm.. the 'downtown' skyscraper area where dh has located the most divine little sushi shop, and pick up a few rolls for a late lunch. (a very late lunch, as I woke up at 1040am because dh says I needed the rest ) Then I might send him to get soil & a few seedlings, because I think that might be too much for me for one day. Be well mamas

Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Icky... that'd sorta skwik me out too I must say. Couldn't they give ya steri strips to help keep it closed?
I had steri strips over the stitches but due to the location, it just wasn't enough.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Well that's rather inconvenient DOK : I hope it starts healing soon so it's not so yuck. You've had a heck of a go lately

User Tag List