June Pagan Circle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 364 Old 06-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an stressful situation happen today and I can't let it go/get rid of it. Maybe some wine will help? I tried retail therapy and it didn't work. Actually, I bought some new stones that I charged last night, that I will use in a ritual to clear my head and heart with. It was such a difficult conversation.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#122 of 364 Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Aeress- Email me if you want to talk.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#123 of 364 Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I didn't exactly feel lucky when I was living in Leicester. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Ain't that the truth!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#124 of 364 Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 PM

I'm back from the Farm. Moon Service was fantastic, and just as things were wrapping up the moon rose over the stones. Very cool. It was relatively quiet and pleasant for me, as there was almost no one down in Member's Camp (where I live). The best part was that the friend I picked up for the trip down *cooked*. Actual food! In the middle of the woods! Nifty. (At the best of times, I don't enjoy cooking. In the woods, I consider it a fantasticly successful night if I boil water on the camp stove.) I also met a couple of really cute guys, one who'd come to the little event this weekend and one who'd come in for the Moon Service. The latter was absolutely stunningly beautiful... and a hair too young for me to feel reasonable about flirting with him. Very nice fellows, though. I like beautiful people. I missed tHRH, but I *always* miss tHRH when he's not around so that's no big shocker.

DoK-- Is that Kiki in your little avatar image? I know how icky it is to feel like your body's just full of holes... after Bear was born I had quite a few of them. HUGE ones that were *deliberately* left open. It was painful as well as creepy, especially the dressings... *shudder*

WC-- I've done the PTL thing. It's no fun at all.

Here's hoping everyone's having fun just now, at least. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#125 of 364 Old 06-07-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

I'm feeling nervous excitement about something. I finally found my former fiance/Love of my life on facebook. He must have recently joined.

Sad thing is, the woman who he was dating after me is on his friends list. I'm guessing they are still together. I've daydreamed for years about us getting back together.

Not sure if he'll accept my friend request but I hope so. At the very least, I'd like to catch up. And I want him to know that my son's middle name was chosen in his honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
DoK-- Is that Kiki in your little avatar image? I know how icky it is to feel like your body's just full of holes... after Bear was born I had quite a few of them. HUGE ones that were *deliberately* left open. It was painful as well as creepy, especially the dressings... *shudder*
Yep, it's Kiki.

Oh, and yeah, when the c-section incision stitches rupture, it's not pretty. Gods, the worst pain was when they packed it with saline gauze. Yep, salt in an open wound. When they told me they had to keep that wound/incision open, I thought I was going to barf.

The mole one definitely isn't as gross. It's only about the size of a dime at this point.

#126 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm back! I did read most of the posts I think...

Clay - I hope you were able to rest and I send you sticky vibes!

DOK - Healing vibes for you, especially with the popped stiches!

The wedding was absolutely AMAZING! The weather was a perfect 20-something degrees. We were in the garden and had our handfasting. We had the sword arch work out, a piper...great food, friends, and a wonderful time.

My maid of honour posted pictures on facebook - but I can't seem to get the links to share the photos - if anyone has an idea, I am more than happy to give you a peek :

The photographer said 2 weeks for the proofs - so I can't wait! And I have to say, he was the very best photographer ever! He has my highest recommendations and I even had comments from guests that he was fantastic.

Today's plan is to return the swords (awww!) and go to some places and have my name changed (ie. driver's license, military ID, health card, bank) - all the important ones I can think of....things like the library, we'll it can wait until tomorrow haha.

I also really need to do laundry

Now that things are over with the wedding - I am going to relax a little! Much needed!

Can't wait to catch up with everyone and the yoga camp! I briefly read moon salutations - I have never done them...now I'm intrigued! Off to read up!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#127 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 AM

Singin- Oh, my, how lovely! Congratulations!

I slept well last night, so my bath seemed to help finally erase all the stress. We lost power for about 45minutes and it was rather nice. I enjoyed lighting candles and making do with what we had.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#128 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 AM

Nicole ::: Congratulations! And I'm happy you had a wonderful day!

Dear Moon kept me awake... she was right there in my window and I just couldn't sleep.

Valérie   
#129 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
My maid of honour posted pictures on facebook - but I can't seem to get the links to share the photos - if anyone has an idea, I am more than happy to give you a peek :
You have two choices: 1) You can ask your friend for the link to share or 2) You can re-post the pictures to your own Facebook page, and then you'll have the link to share yourself. I'm on Facebook too, by the by. All the time, even.

#130 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Can't catch up yet, but wanted to let everyone know I am thinking of them!
I had a fantastic weekend. farmers market, making jam and broth and pickles, gardening, and went for a 6.3 mile walk with my dad!

I am about to go weed the garden, before working a bit while Bodhi stays with mom. The garden is starting to give us a little bit on a regular basis! I am trying to stay on it so we can put a lot in storage. mmm. zucchini and basil pasta with sausages was dinner last night.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#131 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Nicole- Congrats!

#132 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Today is dd2's second birthday! :

DH got back from his camping trip last night so while I'm worn down, drawn out, and tired as all get out I can look forward to tag teaming the bedtime rituals tonight! DD2 needs constant supervision when she is in the shower and since it's a really small room keeping DD1 occupied and within view while bathing DD2 was an adventure in...well... in something I don't want to do again for a while!

The meds seem to be helping but they give me a really twitchy stomach so when I do have a contracion there's a moment of uncertainty. Plus our dog was just sick all over everything (must have eaten something funky in the woods?) and while I know the hands/knees position of floor scrubbing is good for baby positioning, it really wasn't what I'd hope to be doing. Still, the floor looks nice and clean, the rugs are in the washing machine (he sort of wandered around being sick so he managed to hit all the rugs as well as leave little trails), and I managed to keep everything in!

Not to mention I got it cleaned before DD2's therapist arrived... and DD2 got a new chewy tube! Sort of a birthday gift from the therapy group. Of course, the code officer guy also arrived shortly after this to inform me that we need to get everything settled this week. Sigh. I think I prefer the chewy tube.

I'm hoping to get to the store today and find some beads to make a strand of "baby" prayer beads. Any ideas for specific stones or images? Our bead shop doesn't have a lot of "specialty" stuff... no aisles of shaped beads for example (just a rack of stamped metal beads) so beads shaped like babies or animals or flowers are pretty rare. I was thinking maybe a rose quartz? And I was thinking I might try making this strand long enough to wear over my belly... under my clothing... so smooth/small beads would be better!

~~~~~~~~~~~
DoK- have you tried putting honey on the former moles? I know it sounds a bit wacky, but honey actually makes an amazing wound dressing and the silliness of slathering on honey (when I was dealing with my c/s and then the tear) sort of helped me deal with the ick factor of having holes in me. I think I was really lucky with my own mole removal... it was on my back so I couldn't see it, and in a spot that didn't "pull" much so even though there were a bunch of stitches they didn't get pulled. Hurt like blazes though.

Singin'- congrats! :

Eilonwy- sounds like fun. And glad to see you in thread again... you've got such great energy and stories to share!

Aeress- love the name change... I've always been a sucker for "Ae" names. Mmmmm... candles. I think I'll do a candle bath tonight to help shed some negative energy and relax. A salt scrub in the shower, some scented oil, and lots of candles!

Bella- glad things are going so well. Our CSA starts this weekend and I can't wait... the pick up point is the local farmer's market and it'll be a good excuse to visit the market every week. The only down side is there is no parking near the market (well, there is a parking lot but it's always packed) and it's a good 10 minute hike from the next closest parking option... and across one of the biggest roads in the area. So I'm going to have to figure out the best way to get in and out with the girls. But the fun of the market and the yummy produce will make up for it!

gun- hope the whole month is fun and stress free!

Lioness- hang in there. And keep an eye out for bladder/uti problems since they're more common with POP as well as in pregnancy... I'd sort of forgotten that. Though with the whole "no symptom but PTL" thing I'm not sure what you should keep an eye on. Here's hoping your energy comes back soon.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#133 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 PM

valerie, i could not sleep either, but i thought it was cause my dear dear friend from my theatre days won a tony last night. : maybe the moon was part of it too. there was certainly something up energetically last night!

nicole, huzzah for weddings! i cant wait to see pics.

dok~ fingers crossed. i recently got back in touch with my only ex i actually like, lol. it's a tricky thing to navigate....

aeress... hugs you! hope your moon-charged stones help....

clay-- ahhh, baby beads! i once found this amazing rose quartz bead shaped just like a preggie belly... i'd go fo rose qtz for sure... maybe some moonstone if that resonates for you, it's supposed to be great for safe labor (though if it doesnt resonate, i'd avoid it... kwim?).... and if you can do it at your store, try and zone out and let the babe choose some. i wish i could teleport you to ours. ohmygods, you'd just go.... yeah. if there's something specific that you would really like, lemme know and i can probably find it......

there was something else i wanted to reply to, but i got distracted by the beads..... oh, happy bday little!

ok, off to water the garden.
:

oh, and... the grass was very verdant on my own side when i lived in sussex for a year....
#134 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~
DoK- have you tried putting honey on the former moles?
No. Two of the moles are covered with steri strips so I can't put anything on them. The other one, I've been putting witch hazel on (was recommended).
Since I started putting witch hazel on it, it's looking much better.

Glad you're hanging in there.

#135 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
well, you can PM me if you like, or i can give you my email addy. i'm a good support person

egg shells? for slugs? srsly? how does it work? i HATE the little slimy buggers, and i am grossed out by picking them off by hand :
I think I will take you up on it.

I'm told, via the DITE forum that crushed egg shells around the plant make it hard for the slugs to get to the plant because it scrapes them up on the bottom. Also, beer in yogurt lids is a good way to trap and kill them. So I've been told. I'm only just now tryign them both out and seeing how they go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
I understand. We definitely didn't think we were in a cult and were basically brainwashed to not hear others' concerns. If you want to PM me, I may or may not have insights, but I definitely have a listening and understanding ear.
And gardening is so my prayer right now! I am gardening today and tomorrow as well.
Thanks for the "ear" Bella Babe. It's nice knowing there's someone I can talk to about it.

Ahh I really love gardening, it's just hard to get much done when DD is constanly crying for me to refill her water bucket after she's dumped it.

I am so sending LionessMom and Wombatclay my Easy Pregnancy in a Bottle! If only I could have made some. Here's hoping things go easy on you both!

Quote:
I'm back from the Farm. Moon Service was fantastic, and just as things were wrapping up the moon rose over the stones. Very cool. It was relatively quiet and pleasant for me, as there was almost no one down in Member's Camp (where I live). The best part was that the friend I picked up for the trip down *cooked*. Actual food! In the middle of the woods! Nifty. (At the best of times, I don't enjoy cooking. In the woods, I consider it a fantasticly successful night if I boil water on the camp stove.) I also met a couple of really cute guys, one who'd come to the little event this weekend and one who'd come in for the Moon Service. The latter was absolutely stunningly beautiful... and a hair too young for me to feel reasonable about flirting with him. Very nice fellows, though. I like beautiful people. I missed tHRH, but I *always* miss tHRH when he's not around so that's no big shocker.
Awww Rynna, flirt if you like, why not? It doesn't mean it would come to anything, right? I love the idea of The Farm. Better yet, I love your stories.

DOK, still sending healing vibes your way.

Not much to report here. Just trying to bring some sort of mindfulness and daily spiritualness to my life, in spite of DH's "path."

Oh I Facebook, a little, too. How do we all connect up? Real life names or whatnot?

signature currently in transition
#136 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Oh I Facebook, a little, too. How do we all connect up? Real life names or whatnot?
I'm on facebook (Barefoot Books Liz).

#137 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM

I'm on Facebook also.

Valérie   
#138 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM

I'm on facebook as well.

Got my back garden beg cleaned up and ready for plants, so I moved over my catnip,and parsley and then put in cone flower (echinacea), chives and corriander and cinnamon leaf lettuce. I also have two kinds of basil, dill and peppers. (well, some of those aren't herbs)
:
Now, please rain!

Clay- gracious my dear, you handle everything wit such humor and grace! Happy Birthday Rowan!

#139 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Awww Rynna, flirt if you like, why not? It doesn't mean it would come to anything, right? I love the idea of The Farm. Better yet, I love your stories.
I flirt plenty, believe me, but even flirting with a 23 year old seems a little much. At Wickerman a few weeks ago I had this 18 year old CHILD hit on me, and I about lost it laughing. "Hey," he says, "I'll be 19 next month," I said, "That's nice and you're adorable, but keep your barely legal behind away from me. Keep on growing, kid, and talk to me in five years." : If they flirt with me at 23, that's all good but I'm not touching ANYTHING that's cardable without forewarning. I'm 31, for crying out loud!

The thing that really floors me is that these kids are so totally into it. I choose to see it as a compliment, rather than evidence of some strangeness in American teenaged boys these days. Honestly though, doesn't it strike you as odd? I mean when I was 18/19 boys my own age weren't seriously interested in anything over 22.

Quote:
Send a PM and I'll send a friend request.

#140 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM

UGH! Well Quinn has an ear/ upper respiratory infection... we had a doc do a house call yesterday as it was a public holiday (yep, our clinic has docs that do those!) and I had to scramble to find a pharmacy open The poor guy is just SO sick.. and right on the heels (i accidentally typo'd hells lol) of me being so sick, heck I'm not totally UNsick yet Wish me luck mamas, he threw up his antibiotics this morning but the second time they stayed down. I'm not looking forward to this battle!

He did manage to briefly enjoy nanny & grandpa's visit for his birthday though.. Nanny found him a sizzles dog stuffed toy (from Charlie & lola) and it has been his cuddle buddy since the second he laid eyes on it :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#141 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Cari- it sounds like the yuckies are at your house. Feel better Quinn! Happy Birthday Quinn!

#142 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ETA: saw this idea in an old link from the prayer bead thread... the idea of having a set day each month for a focused group prayer bead meditation. anyone interested in that? i know we talked about keeping candles lit and so on... since there are a lot of us going thru a lot right now, i thought it might be nice to have something like that we do as a "circle" since most of us are solitary..... maybe once a week rather than once a month? just generally sending good thoughts to the group... could be open, too-- candle lit, or prayer beads, or something else...
that is SO cool. i loved that link, and i love the idea!
my mom got me a rosary from Ireland when she visited. I don't know why I wanted it, and she was utterly befuddled by my request but it's gorgeous, malachite beads with a shamrock on each one-- i'm a bit weirded about the Jesus dead on the cross, but it's a Celtic cross and just such a cool piece.
I guess people don't normally wear those as *jewelry*, though? And I would love to make them into Goddess beads, but I don't have a Goddess to replace the Jesus with, and even though he weirds me out, he kind of belongs there...any ideas, mamas, of what to do? I would love to have them as more than altar ornamentation.

oh, and aweyn-- i don't have your flickr link anymore, but even so. post more pics LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Today is a stay at home day as Quinn spiked a fever and was spewing last night Must send hubby to run an errand or two then I think we'll make soup. It's a very wintry day (for us , and we just had a hail storm so it's perfect soup weather :
poor little guy! get better, Quinn! and party on, dude, after you feel better! rub it in about the house calls, why don't you...i still don't have affordable insurance for ds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
lol Kitty, right on! I went to see LIVE in concert when I was just a few months pregnant with my youngest.. and to this day if I put on their 'Songs from Black mtn' or Awake, he will get a big smile on his face and quite often snuggle up and go to sleep on my lap
mmm, i LOVE Live. ds likes them too-- but in his usual contrary way, he's decided Sh*t Towne is his favorite song of course he won't admit it, but it is directly because it has a swear word in it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Hi all! I just have to brag about all the books I scored at garage sales yesterday!
nice!! great score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Oh question from someone who's still finding her way: Does anyone have any tips about celebrating the moon phases without seeing her? I struggle connecting when this happens. Any tips/ideas?
i have that same issue. it's been cloudy here, but last night i went out with a bowl of water and my beads in there to charge, and i held them up and asked for blessing anyway, and if She would show herself, even for a moment, and left the beads/water on the railing.
a little while later, i looked outside and there She was, peeking out :

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i'm lucky-- our bathroom window gets amazing moon light, so does our kitchen.
i SO miss a bathroom with a window...sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I had an stressful situation happen today and I can't let it go/get rid of it. Maybe some wine will help? I tried retail therapy and it didn't work. Actually, I bought some new stones that I charged last night, that I will use in a ritual to clear my head and heart with. It was such a difficult conversation.
well, for me, being an alkie, wine is not an option-- and i try (operative word, here ) to not use substances of any sort help me de-stress. breathing is it-- but that's hard. i tend to cave to chocolate.
i hope your situation resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm feeling nervous excitement about something. I finally found my former fiance/Love of my life on facebook. He must have recently joined.
i say go for it. it's Facebook, after all! me, i'd peruse both of their pages for hints of their relationship, past or present. is that being nosy?

Quote:
The wedding was absolutely AMAZING! The weather was a perfect 20-something degrees. We were in the garden and had our handfasting. We had the sword arch work out, a piper...great food, friends, and a wonderful time.

Now that things are over with the wedding - I am going to relax a little!
yay! glad it went off w/o a hitch. oh wait, bad pun...sorry :
um...you are supposed to be doing more than relaxing-- why are you online when it's your honeymoon?

Quote:
I flirt plenty, believe me, but even flirting with a 23 year old seems a little much. At Wickerman a few weeks ago I had this 18 year old CHILD hit on me, and I about lost it laughing. "Hey," he says, "I'll be 19 next month," I said, "That's nice and you're adorable, but keep your barely legal behind away from me. Keep on growing, kid, and talk to me in five years." : If they flirt with me at 23, that's all good but I'm not touching ANYTHING that's cardable without forewarning. I'm 31, for crying out loud!

The thing that really floors me is that these kids are so totally into it. I choose to see it as a compliment, rather than evidence of some strangeness in American teenaged boys these days. Honestly though, doesn't it strike you as odd? I mean when I was 18/19 boys my own age weren't seriously interested in anything over 22.
ok, i would have messed with a 23yo in a NY minute when i was 31. and maybe even 19.
now i'm 49 and i *wish* i could even flirt w/o looking like a "dirty old lady"

you're right, though, about them flirting younger. they wouldn't have touched someone even 5 years older when i was that age!

i'm on Facebook, too. do a search for Maiasaura and hopefully you'll find me. MDC Pagans are the only people i friend who i don't know in person, so identify yourself via message

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#143 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM

I'm such a facebook slacker... I have a page but am never there. If you can't find my page though you're not looking. And I'd be happy to friend anyone who sends me a message.

~~~~~~~~

Maia- I have a rosary that is very meaningful to me and important in my life but the cross just didn't fit. So I replaced the cross with a ring I've had since I was about 13. Just a plain gold band with a small opal in it. Actually, the ring was a gift from a nun, so there's still a certain christian element there! (I used to teach at a vbs run by nuns, and one year this was my "thank you" gift... and at the same time I was having some real fear surrounding lighting so I used the opal on the ring to "catch"/"channel" the energy of the lightning away from me and into the stone.) Anyway, I used to say the rosary (pagan version) in bed and I'd wear the ring while doing it so that if I fell asleep I could find the rosary easily. And I would sometimes ake the ring off and wear it when I needed the calming/cenering of the rosary without being able to carry it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cari, hang in there!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#144 of 364 Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jumping in again... well,trying to...

i need a reprieve from the stress that is my job - the stimulus money is causing pure havoc in academia - we're spending our time writing grants instead of doing research.

i'm behind in my MDC threads... it's been ages (ok, maybe just a week or so) since i was last on facebook... haven't checked linkedin for a while (but then those headhunters have no problem contacting me, asking if i know of someone interested in their position)... have pretty much no idea what is going on the world - haven't read a newspaper in months... the radio news usually gets me angry or sad so i don't bother listening...

we've been busy watching Sound of Music - ds loves it - well, he loves Julie Andrews. i tried introducing The Music Man (the original movie, not the recent Matthew Broderick re-do). it didn't quite catch him in the same way... and we have the Sound of Music tunes in the car... so it has been Doe-a-deer over and over and over again for weeks.

i'm battling with deer, raccoons and chipmunks in the gardens. my remaining cat has been catching the mice and moles - after 9 yrs of being an indoor-only cat, she tasted freedom once and is loving every second of her hunting experiences since then. too bad she's only brought living chipmunks into the house; i'd rather she'd put them out of their misery. at least she figured out that the mice and moles could be killed. but those chipmunks...

i'm about ready to try a critter control experiment: big jug. add 12-18 eggs (the cheapest available is ok, i imagine). 3-5 Tbsp crushed garlic. 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper powder. mix all together in jug. let sit for a week or so (outside, i'm guessing). add a spray attachment and fill jug to top with water. spray areas to be protected (holding your nose, i imagine). mixture will dry and not be stinky to humans but should protect against critters. mixture needs to be reapplied after every rainfall.

oh yeah... i've been gardening.... i added quite a few new beds this year... a new raised bed for just veggies (protected and close to house so maybe the critters won't eat everything); expanded cooking herb bed; 2 new medicinal herb beds; 2 sunflower beds; and a potato patch (the easiest way to turn over soil is to grow potatoes for a year). and now i'm constantly thinking of the things i would like to have for next year...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#145 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Cari- it sounds like the yuckies are at your house. Feel better Quinn! Happy Birthday Quinn!
That they are.. he's been pretty mellow after a total tantrum about the medication, then spewing it up *sigh* SO we had to do it all over again After that he was much better, snuggling on the couch & playing a bit with the brothers... and now having a nice long nap

Quote:

poor little guy! get better, Quinn! and party on, dude, after you feel better! rub it in about the house calls, why don't you...i still don't have affordable insurance for ds...
and it's completely unconscionable that at least every single child in the US isn't covered FREE Trust me, having seen what the US health system is like (as well as the US military system) and then moving here... I know just how good we have it, even if we do pay higher taxes for it!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#146 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
i say go for it. it's Facebook, after all! me, i'd peruse both of their pages for hints of their relationship, past or present. is that being nosy?
You can't see that info unless they add you as a friend. (trust me, I tried looking for hints.)
The fact that she is his friend on facebook (and they are in the same town), lead me to believe that they are still a couple.
If he's happy, then great. I'd still just like to catch up. Even for closure purposes.

#147 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 AM

DOK- Closure is important, I hope you get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I just got back from our Coldplay concert last night. I took my 1yo and dh and it was AWESOME! My dd just danced and danced and loved it and it was a killer show. Yay!!
I'm going to see them next month!

Quote:
I'm back! I did read most of the posts I think...
Congratulations! I've been thinking of you a bunch this weekend, hoping it all went well
Quote:
If they flirt with me at 23, that's all good but I'm not touching ANYTHING that's cardable without forewarning. I'm 31, for crying out loud!
LOL! and more power to ya! If you've still got 'em after you, you must be doing something right

Cari- I hope Quinn is feeling better.

WombatClay- rest up as much as you can. My Eve was 4 wks early, and I really wish she'd stayed in and baked a few more days.

Last night's view of the moon was even better than Sunday's full moon. I've only gotten to see her driving back to the rental at night.

Dh and I are still working like horses on the house. Bank is making a final inspection today- to let us know if we're done enough to process paperwork towards closing. Then we just need a cert of occupancy from the city- then we could move in! I so need it- we're putting in an average of 12-14 hours a day on the house right now. All my energy is directed towards that right now.

Dd accidentally broke my phone- is merc retrograde still? I don't think so.

I'll try to add more to the yoga workshop today, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time. Soon, k?
#148 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM

oh, no, cari! hang in there... sending hugs to you and get better vibes for Q.

saphire, hope you get to move in soon!

Quote:
that is SO cool. i loved that link, and i love the idea!

...I guess people don't normally wear those as *jewelry*, though? ...

i SO miss a bathroom with a window...sigh...
oh, i'm glad someone liked it. i'm really taken with the idea. i was thinking i'd make tuesday pagan mdc day and come up with a little thing to do. i was gonna start it today.

as for wearing them, gosh, if i had the ones i linked to, i think i would! i've been sort of starting to plan something rather more complex (and expensive, lol) than i typically make, for my 35th this fall... i'd probably wear them, but only for special rituals or something...

re: bathroom window... it's kind of been one of those things... we had it in chicago, didnt in seattle, have it here... i just have a really hard time without one! my list for our house here is basically: window in the bathroom and window over the kitchen sink. lol.

hugs and vibes to all!
:

eta: oh, moon! it's funny. i've missed her almost entirely this go round. because it's been CLOUDY! low presure, which gives me migranes if it doesnt "break"-- but no rain yet.... alas. i'm thinking ds and i might have to do a little rain dance today....
#149 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
LOL! and more power to ya! If you've still got 'em after you, you must be doing something right
Honestly, the entire phenomenon has me slightly confused. Granted, I look young for my age: The last time I was carded, I was trying to purchase an R-rated movie (if you're not 17, they won't sell them to you). That was back in September. I don't think I actually look 17, but whatever. THe thing that really gets me is that when I tell them that I'm 31 and I have four children, they're not at all phased by it. In fact, a lot of them seem really turned on by that. : There's got to be some phenomenon at work of which I'm unaware, because there seem to be more and more of these little boys crawling out of the woodwork looking for fully grown women.

I mean it's not like I'm a hottie or anything; I look like a woman who's carried four pregnancies to term, that's for damn sure. Even after they see me naked these kids are interested. It makes me wonder about shows like Desperate Housewives, Sex in the City and The Real Housewives of Orange County (none of which I have ever watched, because they have absolutely no appeal to me). Perhaps the answer is there? Aren't those shows about women in their 30s and 40s chasing barely legal boys?

#150 of 364 Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 PM

hehehe, i am 33 and i still get told i look 19......i get carded too.

tell me... do i really look 19?

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt=BenandI.jpg

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2530.jpg

so i know that most mom's on MDC dont like USs or at least unnecesary ones but i was not happy with the pics i got last time. i called and asked if i could get some prints of the other ones they had but they only keep the diagnostic ones and the 2 pics i got. the one is the bottom of the feet(which is ok) and a face one (which is not good, iit is 2 eyes and the nasal cavity). i really want the one where you could see her face real good. they said if i come in tomorrow they will do a quick peek and give me a good pick. i just really feel i would bind better with the good pic. after being disappointed that she is a girl and not a boy, i want to get over it and bond more. so i am gonna do it. i cant wait to show my MIL the fam resemblance already...

FB. my page is in my sig under the me2 link. the other one is my myspace. although myspace is kinda lame lately compared to Fb. i am on FB all the time. lol. i posted a thread and now have like 50 MDC friends.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page