June Pagan Circle - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome June! I'm hoping this month brings all of you many happy surprises.

Now, let's get chatting.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#2 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Um.. I was only on the May thread cause I was waiting for you folks on the other side of the date line to catch up.. yeah that's it

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#3 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 AM

I am new to this thread.
Hello everyone!
#4 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 AM

Welcome Mommy2Xander!

While I am ready for June, I am so not ready for June. How did it get to be June already?

Not much going on here. I am working on Bella's portfolio so I can submit to the school district. I am bit concerned about getting it returned to me.

*yawns* I slept horrible last night- I blame to dog and cat!

Have a great June 1st!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#5 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 AM

June? Really? Wow! (now, weather need to catch up! )

Welcome mommy2xander!

Cari, how are you dear? Are you letting your men take good care of their goddess?

Valérie   
#6 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Welcome mommy2xander..if you don't mind me asking, where in NH? I am in the lake Sunapee Region.

Well, June already mamas, I can't believe it. Last night we had such a storm come through, the power was out until this morning. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cari, how are you feeling? Better I hope.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#7 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi everyone! : I've been gone a month or so, and I want to get back in the loop (a loop is a circle, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2xander View Post
I am new to this thread.
Hello everyone!
Welcome :
Also, welcome to the other new folks I missed while I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Um.. I was only on the May thread cause I was waiting for you folks on the other side of the date line to catch up.. yeah that's it
Cari, I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I hope you're healing quickly. Happy belated birthday. I hereby grant you at least one extra day of celebration when you're fully recovered. :

Yesterday I had such a nice long afternoon in the backyard with the family. We're moving in July, and I asked 5 yo DD, "is there anything you'll miss about this house when we move?" Without hesitation she answered, "the trees." She's such an earthy little soul.

I hope to feel more caught up soon. I know a lot happened in May. Hugs to all those in life transitions :

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#8 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM

yay june! my kids can start going to the pool this month! we are going to love it.

well i gotta take all 3kids grocery shopping with me today. DH had something to do. aaaccckk all alone. will they drive me crazy? they said i already am crazy so it will be a short drive! lol. well better get there if i wanna be back by kunch! love ya ladies!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#9 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=redveg;13859835]Welcome mommy2xander..if you don't mind me asking, where in NH? I am in the lake Sunapee Region.

QUOTE]

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Redveg, I am in Deering which is between Weare and Hillsborough. Last October my son boke his arm at the Sunapee playground on 114(I think it is still 114 there)

We ended our May with a 1.4 mile hike up Pack Monadnock here in NH. The very end of the hike ended with rain and thunder and lightning. It was a lot of fun on a gorgeous day!
#10 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Can I ask for some healing and calm vibes? DD (4) is starting a series of fairly major dental work in a little less than an hour. How she does today will determine if she needs to get the rest of the work done in the hospital or not.
#11 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Can I ask for some healing and calm vibes? DD (4) is starting a series of fairly major dental work in a little less than an hour. How she does today will determine if she needs to get the rest of the work done in the hospital or not.
Lots of vibes for you and DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
yay june! my kids can start going to the pool this month! we are going to love it.

well i gotta take all 3kids grocery shopping with me today. DH had something to do. aaaccckk all alone. will they drive me crazy? they said i already am crazy so it will be a short drive! lol. well better get there if i wanna be back by kunch! love ya ladies!
We love swimming too! However, the pool here won't open until July (the outdoor pool). One more month to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Hi everyone! : I've been gone a month or so, and I want to get back in the loop (a loop is a circle, right?)

Hi! Looking forward to "meeting" you!

Quote:
I am new to this thread.
Hello everyone!
Welcome!

I talked to my MIL last night. She is doing well. Today is the echo and hopefully if all goes well, she will be home tonight. She said the food sucks but she is certainly feeling much better!

Wedding is in 5 days! I need to seriously get my behind in gear and clean up this place and get everything together. I also need to figure out something on photoshop...hopefully that won't take long because after that I can print all the stuff that I need Needless to say, if I don't post much near the end of the week, it isn't because I'm ignoring all the lovely mamas here...and I promise to catch up

Time to get stuff done...I need some good upbeat music!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#12 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 01:03 PM

Happy June Day...

I rather like June, maybe because it's my birth month... maybe because we have a short lull at work... maybe because the weather is warming without being hot yet...

Probably a combo of all above.

I am surprisingly chipper for a Monday morning with no coffee. :

I suspect it's because I got to spend so much time outside, between little league games & yard work. I have my front yard and little driveway side areas weeded and transplanted my tomatoes and mint (bee balm, spearmint, mountain mint and one I can't remember, will have to see the flowers) into their containers.

Dad and I also tromped through the jungle finding ancient roses, mock oranges (I think), blackberries, lilacs and all sorts of interesting stuff that has been chocked out by poke weed, little maples trees and vines. The neighbor gave Dad (folks live across the street) the go ahead to clear whatever he wanted out since the jungle spreads over both yards, so we are sectioning it off and seeing what we can do this year, next year and so on. Also did some planning for next year's garden (need to build raised beds).

The kiddo has 3 more weeks of school and I just can't wait until it's over so we can have more relaxed evening & morning routines.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#13 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Vibes sent! I hope she's doing well.

Quote:
I am new to this thread.
Hello everyone!
Welcome!

singin_angel- Only 5 more days- wow! Good luck with the preparations.

The weather has been very warm and beautiful here. I'm still spending each day working towards finishing our house. We locked the loan interest rate, and today the sidewalk will be poured, landscaping started, and hopefull the heating & AC guys will come and get the AC working. If we can get done by about the 10th, we should be able to move in by the end of this month.
#14 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Would it be ok if I go ahead and post the PSC Yoga workshop? I thought I may need a bit more time, but today seems as good as any day to start. I'm not sure how much time I'll have available in a couple weeks ( and maybe no internet for a few days). I know Clay was going to post a workshop soon too- don't want to conflict with that.
What do you all think- are you ready or should I hold off?
#15 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 01:31 PM

i found an old(er) forum re: kids staying home alone-- this is mostly for NC, but it's interesting:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...e-alone-2.html

HTH

can't keep up with y'all! happy wedding, feel better, yay for gardens and pools. ds gets out of school on wednesday, we leave for PSG on the 14th, i'm SO not ready! and i have to figure out about school for me, and ds's insurance (it is indeed $178/mo ) must call the consumer credit counseling people. i need some serious budgeting help.
i'm so stressed, mamas!
my mantra is "i am loved, i am blessed, the universe loves me, life loves me, i am taken care of"
but i have to force that, along with breathing. SO overwhelmed. SO, so much to do.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#16 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Would it be ok if I go ahead and post the PSC Yoga workshop? I thought I may need a bit more time, but today seems as good as any day to start. I'm not sure how much time I'll have available in a couple weeks ( and maybe no internet for a few days). I know Clay was going to post a workshop soon too- don't want to conflict with that.
What do you all think- are you ready or should I hold off?
I would love it...especially since I need to get into a daily practice...but whenever you post it, I will be there :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
can't keep up with y'all! happy wedding, feel better, yay for gardens and pools. ds gets out of school on wednesday, we leave for PSG on the 14th, i'm SO not ready! and i have to figure out about school for me, and ds's insurance (it is indeed $178/mo ) must call the consumer credit counseling people. i need some serious budgeting help.
i'm so stressed, mamas!
my mantra is "i am loved, i am blessed, the universe loves me, life loves me, i am taken care of"
but i have to force that, along with breathing. SO overwhelmed. SO, so much to do.
I hope it all goes well!!! You have so much going on!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#17 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM

here's an even better link http://www.latchkey-kids.com/latchke...age-limits.htm

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#18 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 02:22 PM

Happy June. Its a bittersweet month for me, our 3rd wedding anniversary is the 9th. I had a dream early this morning that he called. It was hard because I asked for the truth and he kept lying. I made myself wake up from it.

I brought my TM from the house. I am debating on what to do with the "B loves B" phrase and the little Army section I have. Its still inspiring me though, so that's good.

I am excited to see what happens this summer. I hope its filled with lots of joy, for all of us.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#19 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
gun

When did June sneak in here?! Dang that was fast!

We had a glorious day yesterday as a fam!! DH is now off on Sundays so we get to spend the whole day together as a family! We went to the farmer's mkt and DD played in the giant fountain till we were all frosty. It was barely 60 here and she had a blast! Oh, and yesterday I bought a new bike -bright cotton candy pink! Too cute.

And DH just said he wants to have a birthday party BBQ for him in a bit more than 2 weeks. AACK! Must finish the yard!!

Now for my downer news - I have made the last appt for my cat. She will be put down on Wednesday. She has abdominal cancer they suspect. Living with her as she declines is becoming unbearable. As my DH said after cleaning up yet another horrific mess, "I am sick of living in a toilet." I feel selfish about this, because she seems not in pain and is still eating and coming around - though less and less everyday. However, I know if she were a healthy cat this wouldn't be going on. She is about 13.5 or so. So if you could all think of Princess in the next day or two, that would be grand.

Earthmama369 - good vibes- hoping the dental work goes smooth!

Indigo - I hope you will share pics of all your hard work!

Mommy2Xander - welcome to the group!

Saphire - I say go for it!! You post it and we will come!!

Peace- Heather
#20 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 PM

Subbing, and trying to keep up this time. I see that lots has gone on... a summary would be sweet, but it's not necessary, I'll just think happy thoughts at everyone. As for me, I have a yummy redhead and am very very happy with things thus far. Next on the List: Buy a freaking house. It will happen. I'm buying a house this year. Have I mentioned that? Yup. Buying a house. Also sorting out Bear's tummy problems and getting the bigger kids' school things sorted (Boobah will start kindergarten in the fall!! . Bellatricksiest is teaching herself to read and recently accomplished the feat of POTTY LEARNING! : She's fabulosity personified these days. I'm still spending too much time on Facebook and whimpering about covering my hair because it's gotten warm.

: To everyone. I hope to catch up soon. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#21 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Hey Eilonwy, wonder where you went! How big is Bear now? You need to update pics of the kids.
Were you homeschooling? How was that? Tell us more about the yummy redhead- I'm intrigued. As far as the house- it will happen!
Update on me- opening a school with my dff, we have a total of 8 kids (maybe more) registered. Just came through a really rough patch with dh, which I wasn't sure we would. The girls are well...Erin is a riot! That is about it for me.

Sending vibes to DD, Earthmamma. Dental stuff is no fun.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#22 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 07:46 PM

I do need to update pictures, it's true; It's been just over a year since I did it last. Bear's 16 months old and recently gained a bit of weight (he's been moved to a 30 kcal/oz formula) which looks very nice-- he's n ow the size of a healthy baby! Bella is three and is wearing underpants every day and waking up dry about half the time. : BooBah will be five at the end of this month, and Bean's six. They're all cute as ever.

The Hot Redhead (henceforth referred to as tHRH) is 6'1", skinny like a rail (i like them skinny-- i have short legs), beautiful, and an all around amazing human being. I honestly can't get enough. Sadly, he lives in Philly with his other girlfriend so I don't have him all the time. : He's met Mike and the kids, and everyone adores him. Mike feels weird about liking the guy, but he'll get over it. The kids have simply assimilated him into their lives without skipping a beat... although Bean is a mite posessive, and seems to think that tHRH comes out here to spend time with *him*. THRH is very popular around here, though. I asked Bella if she liked him and she said, "Yeah, i miss tHRH. He has owange hair." Yes, yes he does. Fun fun.

I got tHRH and his girlfriend out to Four Quarters for Wickerman over Memorial Day Weekend; That was fun. We learned lots about one another. THRH actually *volunteered* to go out there with the kids. I nearly fainted. "I could never ask someone to do that..." "I don't recall you asking; Seems to me I offered." **swoon** We'll probably do that at some point when I go out for the Moon Service that my friend and I are planning. He's so amazing. Have I mentioned that I'm in love? I'm in love! :

#23 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Subbing, and trying to keep up this time.
welcome back!! i'm glad it's all going well for you.
summary for me--
the good news: i got accepted to nursing school!
the bad news: i am so, so stressed b/c even if ds stays at school for all the time he's allowed to (7a-6p) i still need someone to help so that i can go to school. i either have to BE there at 6:30am, or come home at 7pm and do a 12hr every saturday. and that's just the first semester.
also, his state health insurance got canceled and he's on meds and therapy that cost hundreds a month.
i've got about 50 days to figure out the insurance, and about 5 weeks to figure out childcare for school.
stressed doesn't even begin to cover it.

aside from that, i'm good *sigh*

#24 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

Yesterday I had such a nice long afternoon in the backyard with the family. We're moving in July, and I asked 5 yo DD, "is there anything you'll miss about this house when we move?" Without hesitation she answered, "the trees." She's such an earthy little soul.
Ya know that is *exactly* what my boys said when we moved! :

Eilonwy: Good to see ya back! I'm not sure how far back you have missed to update you! Right now, I have pneumonia for no good flippin reason. Last december my 20yo had a catastrophic car accident requiring a trip to the US for me. I sat by his bed for 5wks while he was in a coma... he has almost fully recovered these days! Still homeschooling the kidlets, moved house in April, and hubby has a great new job. All in all the universe has been good to us.. with a few monkey wrenches thrown in.

I'm not doing a massive catch up mamas, sorry. I can handle such a small amt of time at the computer that I can't manage it yet.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#25 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
i've got about 50 days to figure out the insurance, and about 5 weeks to figure out childcare for school.
stressed doesn't even begin to cover it.
Rock on! In my experience, such things generally work out. The hard part was getting into nursing school, right? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Eilonwy: Good to see ya back! I'm not sure how far back you have missed to update you! Right now, I have pneumonia for no good flippin reason. Last december my 20yo had a catastrophic car accident requiring a trip to the US for me. I sat by his bed for 5wks while he was in a coma... he has almost fully recovered these days! Still homeschooling the kidlets, moved house in April, and hubby has a great new job. All in all the universe has been good to us.. with a few monkey wrenches thrown in.
Wow, that's intense! My mother spent several weeks in a coma the summer before last. It gives you a whole new appreciation for what folks who work in ICU do, I'll tell you that. Pneumonia sucks, I've had my share of that, too. Homeschooling, however, is spectacular and moving is often a good thing. (I'm buying a house this year. Have I mentioned? I'm buying a house.) Glad to hear that the overall balance is toward the good. : May it continue to be so!

#26 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

No time to catch up right now.

Please send me calming energy on Tuesday morning as I'll be getting a couple biopsies done. I'm nervous about it (I've become a wimp when it comes to medical procedures.) It'll be done under local anesthesia (they have to dig the growths out) so at least it's not major surgery.
Still, I'm nervous.

Good news, I spent some time with a new friend today. Had a nice time. I don't want to get my hopes up again but this seems like it could actually become a good friendship.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#27 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Rock on! In my experience, such things generally work out. The hard part was getting into nursing school, right? :
actually, no. getting in was very labor intensive, but not that hard. just lots of stuff to do in little time, and the end result was pretty known.
this time, it's the stress of the unknown-- i don't know whether or not i'll be able to keep my spot in school, if i can't find childcare, and my kid's on meds that he has to have to function, so i'd like the insurance settled, too. i really have better things to do with my time than be looking up free/low cost insurance schemes online
thanks for the congrats, though. yay for you on the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
No time to catch up right now.

Please send me calming energy on Tuesday morning as I'll be getting a couple biopsies done. I'm nervous about it (I've become a wimp when it comes to medical procedures.) It'll be done under local anesthesia (they have to dig the growths out) so at least it's not major surgery.
Still, I'm nervous.

Good news, I spent some time with a new friend today. Had a nice time. I don't want to get my hopes up again but this seems like it could actually become a good friendship.
of course, mama. vibes atcha :
i love new friends. my new friend is going to PSG with me!!!

#28 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the vibes! DD did a really good job at the dentist today. 10+ shots of novocaine, dental dam and rings holding her mouth wide open, more than an hour in the chair, and she never squirmed or fussed once. She's four. I don't think I could have managed that at 32. She was really amazing, very calm and clear about how she was doing. They finished one molar and she let them know that she wasn't comfortable and the dam was hurting the muscles at the side of her mouth and she was done. No tears, nothing, just calm words. This kid blows me away.

So one tooth fixed, but it's a hospital visit for us to fix the rest.

I know it's the most logical answer at this point, and she feels that it's the best option for her out of our limited choices, but the thought of my baby going under full anesthesia frightened the crap out of me. This just sucks.
#29 of 364 Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's intense! My mother spent several weeks in a coma the summer before last. It gives you a whole new appreciation for what folks who work in ICU do, I'll tell you that. Pneumonia sucks, I've had my share of that, too. Homeschooling, however, is spectacular and moving is often a good thing. (I'm buying a house this year. Have I mentioned? I'm buying a house.) Glad to hear that the overall balance is toward the good. : May it continue to be so!
Ty for that... after the last year I need all the good thoughts I can score lol.

Quote:
actually, no. getting in was very labor intensive, but not that hard. just lots of stuff to do in little time, and the end result was pretty known.
this time, it's the stress of the unknown-- i don't know whether or not i'll be able to keep my spot in school, if i can't find childcare, and my kid's on meds that he has to have to function, so i'd like the insurance settled, too. i really have better things to do with my time than be looking up free/low cost insurance schemes online
thanks for the congrats, though. yay for you on the house!
chin up mama, I know a way will show up!

#30 of 364 Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 AM

subbing with a flyby ...

maia- thanks for the links. I called tx child abuse hotline thingie and they said that it seemed like something they would look into, but more info would mean the file actually got looked at, so I am biding my time. Dd will call me if they are left alone again

Cari- Feel better!!!

Bella- Hon, I know it is soooo hard. But you are going to make it through to the other side and you will be so glad to be done with him. hugs to you!

Eilonwy- welcome back!

Indigo- happy bday- did you mention which day???

I know I missed some, more tomorrow, with coffee...

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page