Catholic Mamas - June/July - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 124 Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been on this thread much but I need some prayers from other Catholic mamas! Please pray for me in the following areas:

1. DH needs a job like yesterday. He's been laid off since March. He had a really great interview on Friday and so we are just waiting to hear something.

2. We are in the midst of a court battle with my DSC's mom and it's getting ugly.

3. An opening in DH's heart to realize that bringing a new person in to our family is a good idea.

4. Patience and love in dealing with my DSC's mom.

In other news, we are doing VBS at our church this week and the kids are LOVING IT! I love my parish!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 20
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DSD 17
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DSD 16
, DSS 14
, heart hero DD 4
and DS due 6/2015
8/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 124 Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM

Quick question for homeschooling Seton- users...sorry if this should be in the homeschooling forum, and please not meaning to spark a liberal-conservative Catholic debate....

I consider myself (comparatively) liberal-ish Catholic, and I'm wondering for those who use Seton if there are bits that I might find offensive (ie/ gay=evil, everybody else going to hell type language...?)

Thanks in advance!

Kate: fumbling through the best years with W, L, F & V...newest arrival coming Jan '11
#123 of 124 Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 PM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
I also have a question for those who practice NFP - I'm almost 5 months PP and still EBF with no signs of AF returning yet, but I'm a little worried about getting pregnant again without realizing it. I had a c-section, so it's very important to me that DS is at least a year before DH and I TTC again (ideally, he'll be 15-16 months) so I have the best possible chance to have a VBAC (or HBAC!). Before getting pregnant, I knew my cycles so well and managed to plan DS. How did you mamas handle this?
Couple to Couple League has a new postpartum class that you may consider taking if you can or at least ordering their "Postpartum Student Guide." Keep ecologically breast feeding, especially at night to tell your body that you're still taking care of this one and are not quite ready for another one. Your cycles may stay away for a while, so if you're concerned, you can take pregnancy tests regularly just to reassure yourself. If you're not ovulating, you can't get pregnant, so encouraging your cycles to stay away is probably more effective than trying to pinpoint your first PP ovulation.

Eat right and take prenatal vitamins so that you are ready just in case. When I told my midwife that this is what I planned, she also recommended getting a microscope and looking at saliva for ferning patterns that show increased fertility. Since you have serious medical reasons to avoid, you may want to take an all out approach and chart everything you can if you are really concerned about it.
#124 of 124 Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 AM

I started a new thread for August here.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 20
, DSD 17
, DSD 16
, DSS 14
, heart hero DD 4
and DS due 6/2015
8/2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page