Forum Jump: 

#61 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Mary- what are you knitting?
Right now I'm working on some small gifts for a friend who's going through a really rough time. I'm sending her a care package with several things to help boost her spirit...and a small knitted animal in it's own bag/nest for each of her three children. It's been a true act of spirit and love. I find that knitting something for someone is deeply spiritual. You are literally *there* for ever single stitch and can embue it with your own wishes and enchantments.
So as I knit for her babies I send lots of good emanations about being resilient and staying connected to the earth.

Each of my own children are waiting on me to finish their knit animals. I made a wee mama and baby bunny for my youngest (DD 2.5yo) and the boys immediately put their 'orders' in. As we just finished reading The Tales of Tiptoes Lightly, they both want a Jeremy Mouse. I love that my almost 10 and almost 6 year old boys are still deeply enchanted by these things.

I also have a knitted farmyard that I need to get busy on for wee-ist attachlings' christmas/solstice present. As well as other items I wish to gift then.

As our 'official' homeschooling year will start in about 2 months, I'm trying to get much done before then.

Maryhippie.gif

#62 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM

I hope to see the moon tonight if I can stay up late enough. On the Pacific coast she rises around 8:30 pm, and usually isn't high enough to see for at least an hour around here. So, if I can get the littles to sleep and stay awake myself, I'll go out to the garden to do a simple ritual. The moon is full a little after 2:00 am here.

Yesterday was nice. We spent the day at MIL's for her bday. I made salmon with leeks, garlic and dill from my garden. We helped MIL with some projects. The kids were so cute "helping" with things. It really shined a light on their different temperments. My 3 yo ds has just a patient ability for detail and is able to follow complex instructions. It is quite remarkable. My 5 yo dd flits here and there, buts really just leaves things up to the faeries. They are both wonderful!

Saphire-good luck on the unpacking. I'm on the packing to move end. How's the new house?

mary3mama-your drive and knitting sound lovely. What are your knitting plans for your ds?

WombatClay-Hang in there. That's so much easier said than done I know. I hope you are able to find what you need and feel a little more grounded soon. I have a very hard time when I feel let down by my partner. I tend to take things very personally. I hope you feel better soon and are able to get in some seriously silly, carefree time. Even if for 5 minutes.

Singin-I'm thinking about you. I wish you peace through the uncertainty. Ouch! sorry about the sunburn.

Aeress-mmm soup, shelling peas and green beans. Sounds like a lovely at home day. OK Johnny Depp-I also admit to having a slight infatuation with the man. One my favorite movies is Chocolat. I would so drift off on a river boat with that man. My DP totally knows this. A little bit of a sad note about my experience with Public Enemies. I went last week and there was a man sitting down the row from us who brought his 3 yo. I was so upset any time the movie was violent because of this poor little guy. It was a hard situation to be in for me as I am very sensitive about these things.

Well, I hope you are all able to enjoy your summer Sunday.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#63 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
I
mary3mama-your drive and knitting sound lovely. What are your knitting plans for your ds?
I need to make him a Jeremy Mouse and I hope to make him an Ompliant the Elephant (both from the Tiptoes Lightly books.)

Besides that, I am making him his own fishing set. I'll be using sticks from the forest and some great fabrics I've collected. Then I have to make the fish and include a small piece of steel (probably a washer) and the sticks will have magnets. He loves this type of thing whenever we encounter it at a children's museum. I just decided to make one for him to share with his siblings. I think he'll love it.

We'll also take him to a lego store and let him choose something for his birthday. Both the boys do that every year, it's an obsession, um, I mean, tradition...yeah, that's what I meant.

I'm thinking hard about what I can make for the eldest boy. He'll be 10 on August 1st and he's much harder to come up with things that my meager skills can accomplish.

Maryhippie.gif

#64 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Clay- Hoping your spirit lightens soon.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#65 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
welcome July! one more month closer to October. lol.

it is getting crazier here. DFD m oved late may to her dad's house. her bmom never liked the idea, even though it is not up to her. i am sure she was just waiting for the littlest thing to start complaining. well it happened. DFD has been having accidents. not wiping good enough and pooping her pants. it is no surprise to me. we dealt with it here for a while too. it is the move. she jsut needs time to get settled. well bmom is saying that means she is being abused and wants her to move back here. she cant move back here. first, i have no bed for her here anymore as i make room for the new baby. second, she is not being abused. third, she is an abuser. she is abusive to my other children and i dont want her around them. i was so relieved when she finally moved. if DSD and DD dont do what she wants she will tell them she doesnt love them anymore, wont be their friend anymore, then she starts call ing them names or trying to moake them feel bad, then if that dont work, she will hit them or bite them. all to get them to play exactly how she wants them to play. since she has been gone, the house is peaceful. DSD esp has been great! she has come out of her shell and is HAPPY. when DFD was here she was always quiet and unsure. i refuse to let her back. DFD is not my main priority. DSD, DD and DS are. and i need to protect them. i havent even asked for DFD to come visit. i dont want to run into her at the local pool. i think it is bad enough that they see each other every weekend at their bmom house. every time DFD and DSD are together, i see DFD whispering in her ear, and i can tell by the look on DSD face that she is uncomfortable.

any insight ladies? esp from a spiritual side? i love DFD. but her presence hurts my family. nobody here wants her to visit....
i know that bmom is manipulating the sit to try and get DFD out of her bdad house.

sorry to be a downer. i need insight from my witchy mamas.
In some ways, I really can relate. How old is DFD? Seems she's pretty young still. We had a similar-ish issue with DSD-1. THe above bolded sounds exactly how I feel about her. We could not have her here. She needed/needs someone who can help her, but we cannot do it to the expense of the other kids. I don't know how to make the best of the situation, DSD-1 was older and went to live with her Gram when it would no longer work with us. I felt badly because we could/can see the source of the problems, but there was nothing we could do to change her destructive ways. With a younger kid, I don't know what you could do. We couldn't live with her pitting the youngers against each other, making them do things they knew were not acceptable, constant barrage of cops for millions of reason at the door, harassing the cats to the point of constant hissing at all of us... We decided to step out, let go of DSD. I don't know what would have happened with a younger child. I know it's not easy.

Bella, I have no idea how one retains and pays for a lawyer, none. It seems so expensive. But DH has had little luck fending for himself in court.

Singing Angel

We've got a full house here with most of the DSC here now. I had off work for over a week and while it was nice at times, it also felt very very strained btw DH and I. I had a feeling it would be, I don't even know how to relate to him anymore if it isn't things like "what's for dinner" or "where should we take the kids?" He's so different these days. I hear him telling the kids things (about his beliefs) and I fight to hold back the rage about what he's saying, how he's messing with their heads (IMNSHO). If people even venture near topics that set him off I'm quick to shut them down because I don't want to hear his "version" of things. I cannot have a sane discussion with him about itm I get too upset.

DSD-2 is here (she's 17) and she's just basically marking time with alot of smiles and nods and avoidings of the subject until she heads back home on Sunday. More and more I find myself less interested in him, and feeling like I'm marking time until whenever. I find myself fantasizing about life as a single mom, but then worry about how, if ever, DD would see her siblings and worry about how bad the process would be getting there. Some days I think I can find some way to fight off that group, and other days I think I'm not giong to drag myself down for this. I sure don't want to see the same thing happen to DD.

bleh. I"m glad to be back at work, at least that's less time spent avoiding the problem.

signature currently in transition
#66 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- important stuff to have in written form: list of do's and dont's for perspective in home care people. (can they use the tv and internet while your gone? etc) be very specific about how to handle discipline, going in the car, injury etc. trust your gut
hmm. Yes, they can use the TV, and if they have their own computer, the DSL too, but not MY computer. i have to remember to tell them that we have been used to being alone for a long time, and i'm territorial, so will have to work on my acceptance of someone in my space, because it will be becoming their space, too.
after i find out that i have someone to actually move in, THEN i will worry about specifics like that. right now i just have to actually get someone here! but thanks, good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
Maia - interviewing someone to take care of your darling ds sounds challenging. I would ask them about their views on raising kids, how they would deal with situations (especially ones that would usually be answered differently than how you would like it handled). Ask them about their previous experiences, what challenges they faced and how they overcame them...I probably have more "interview questions" somewhere in my head, if I can get them out, I'll let you know!
YES, please do! i have to think of good examples of situations. ds can be VERY challenging, and i don't want to scare someone off ahead of time! he's just bloody awful in the mornings. and that's when the caregiver will mostly have him. yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
There were a number of things over the past year that DH promised to do which just never happened. Some are small and I just brushed them off, but some are pretty big and are having a serious impact on our family.
clay-- IMO the small things add up, and become, collectively, WAY bigger things. my ex-dh just. did. not. get. this.
drove me NUTS.
for instance: he used to pull the coffeemaker out from the back of the counter, to the edge, when making coffee, which he did a hundred times a day. and then left it out there. i was the clean-up person, mostly, and it drove me crazy. especially since there were usually coffee grounds, too. but when i asked him every time to move it back when he was done, he ignored me. and then when it got to pestering threshold, he'd bark at me that why does it matter and it's just a little thing and who cares. but my point was i asked him not to-- and by ignoring me and minimizing it, he was dishonoring me, IMO, and disrespecting me and my feelings and our marriage. it got to be not about the coffeemaker or the edge of the counter anymore, but about honoring a small request from the one he supposedly loved.

another thing was i had this huge gravity-feed water filter, and i would fill like 30 bottles of water so they'd just be grab-and-go. but he and his dd would grab and go and never refill, and when i b**ched about that, they said i was being petty. well hey-- i was the only one ever to refill them.

just two examples of many. which is part of why we ended up splitting up.

so IMO you are totally justified in your feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Right now I'm working on some small gifts for a friend who's going through a really rough time. I'm sending her a care package with several things to help boost her spirit...and a small knitted animal in it's own bag/nest for each of her three children. It's been a true act of spirit and love. I find that knitting something for someone is deeply spiritual. You are literally *there* for ever single stitch and can embue it with your own wishes and enchantments.
So as I knit for her babies I send lots of good emanations about being resilient and staying connected to the earth.
that is just the coolest thing. i love it!
i am not a knitter, but my mom is, and she does prayer shawls and stuff for people in need. i hope you don't mind, but i C&P'd that paragraph to her (anonymously, of course) cause i just thought it was the coolest thing ever. i think she'll really enjoy reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
it also felt very very strained btw DH and I. I had a feeling it would be, I don't even know how to relate to him anymore if it isn't things like "what's for dinner" or "where should we take the kids?" He's so different these days. I hear him telling the kids things (about his beliefs) and I fight to hold back the rage about what he's saying, how he's messing with their heads (IMNSHO). If people even venture near topics that set him off I'm quick to shut them down because I don't want to hear his "version" of things. I cannot have a sane discussion with him about itm I get too upset.

DSD-2 is here (she's 17) and she's just basically marking time with alot of smiles and nods and avoidings of the subject until she heads back home on Sunday. More and more I find myself less interested in him, and feeling like I'm marking time until whenever.
egads, mama
i'm so sorry. that has to be so hard.
i guess the first thing i thought was, at least you aren't in the position of RavenFriend, where her whole community and her family was against her for being interested (just interested) in being Pagan. at least you have us to turn to. i hope you have IRL people to support you, too, until you figure out in which direction it is you want to turn.

i wonder about RavenFriend, and i hope she's ok. does anybody remember what name she changed to?

So-- been thinking-- i'm not up for this project, and Clay, i instantly thought of you (not like you're busy or anything ) but i wonder if it's possible to get a photo montage of some sort, of all of us who are willing to allow our photos to be posted. wouldn't it be cool to have a whole page of us all together? with our usernames? so we can identify each other by face? and where we live. and maybe our real names, though that's not necessary.
how would that be possible? IS it possible? wouldn't it be so cool?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#67 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 PM

I'm way behind again, already. That said... I have to say I need to spend even LESS time online this week. I need to get some real work done or I'm going to explode. Sometimes I get like this, it's inexplicable. Anyway, the rest of this week will be dedicated to organizing and such, and after that I have to start interacting with people again. : I'm going to try sleeping again, too... sleep is always nice.

So I'll send general and : to you ladies, and [temporarily] fade somewhat into the ether.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#68 of 437 Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM

sleep....ahh, i have never had sleep issues, but i have discovered (through my anatomy/physiology teacher, who suffers the same thing) what my mystery pain is-- it's a sciatic nerve thing of some sort. don't feel weird if y'all have no idea what i'm talking about; i haven't mentioned it here
and it's getting worse, in a very short amount of time.

it's super painful to sleep, lately i still sleep pretty deeply, but i am aware, even in my sleep, of the pain in my back/leg.

it never really bothers me in the daytime, but at night, hoo-boy, ouchie. it was mostly down the outside of my right thigh, and still kind of is, but the major pain seems to have migrated into my right buttock, or just above it, in my lower right back. i get so stiff if i sit in one position that i can hardly move when i try to get up.
and ouch, i have two days of driving coming up, followed by a day and a night in a motel with family, followed by two more days of driving. yikes.

at least the hotel has a pool. i am going to swim the he** out of some laps, or at least jog in place in the pool!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#69 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 AM

Fun times...I went to sleep at 7pm. DH came to bed around 10:30 after getting DD down at 9 and we talked for a bit and he brought me some water, but now I can't get back to sleep (and it's almost midnight). I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.

Part of me is very nervous about tomorrow's ultrasound. As much as I would love good news, my heart isn't ready for more disappointment. Why does my brain always do this thinking in the middle of the night when it can feel so lonely?

I tried searching MDC for some reassuring posts but nothing seemed to jump out at me. I'll just have to go in with a brave face...

Hopefully I can get some much needed sleep (I've slept so much today and still feel exhausted) so I know my body is hard at work.

Good night everyone!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#70 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Anyone have moon plans?
I don't track the cycles precisely, but do enjoy her when I can.
Heh glad it was shining somewhere! It is the MOST dismal day possible here! I don't think we'll be able to tell there IS a moon much less see her.

Quote:
Clay -- you sound like you are about to go into labor, IMHO.
I thought so too.

Teeny.. sounds like a very unhappy situation all around

So, we survived our day... not sure how. There was so much road construction, traffic and awful rain that I got us LOST big time ... by the time I got us found again we were nearly an hour late getting there. The organizers were cool about rearranging the workshops the kids were signed up for (it was all prepaid online) They painted crowns and masks then we wandered a bit, Connor tried stilts out, then lucas did a brass plate rubbing and they both got to hammer out their own real Silver penny (replica from the time of Edward I in 1279ish!) They are quite stoked with that little treasure. They also got cardboard 'great helms' hehehe.. they look a bit like Ned Kelly helms and the kids are having a blast with them.

I on the other hand, felt like a pack mule.. we stopped and bought three CHEAP & nasty umbrellas due to the rain (good thing cause they were needed) and I ended up holding all of them when the kids were in activities, plus their bags of stuff. I think I took all of 4 pictures We'll go back next year though, and hope for better weather!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#71 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

that is just the coolest thing. i love it!
i am not a knitter, but my mom is, and she does prayer shawls and stuff for people in need. i hope you don't mind, but i C&P'd that paragraph to her (anonymously, of course) cause i just thought it was the coolest thing ever. i think she'll really enjoy reading it.
I don't mind at all.

I finished the animals yesterday. I'll post pix to my blog later and then share a link here. They are really sweet and precious. My friend's children are 5, 4 and almost 2 and these are very waldorf-y in that they can be whatever animal the child imagines them to be.

Oh, and Maia, I had horrible sciatica pain just before my last pregnancy. It flares up occassionally, but not often. But when I had it, it was excruciating! The homeopathic remedy Rhus Tox can be hugely helpful (with sciatica, arthritis and poison ivy -- all conditions of inflammation.) If you have some, you might give it a try.

Maryhippie.gif

#72 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 AM

Can we skip this age and move Erin right into 3? Oh my Goddess please send me more patience, I am seriously not sure how many more screaming, head banging, throw herself to the ground, tantrums I can take. Yesterday she head banged on the concrete and gave herself a nasty looking goose bump and brush burn and she did it in about 2 seconds. Glad for arnica!

We did score a free wooden picnic table for the kids

Singin- thinking of you!

Maia- nursing school is super crazy according to me Mom, but so worth it! I know you will make a great nurse!

Clay- *hugs* Part of my big issue with dh was follow through, he would say, I was going to do that next but xyz happened and I forgot. : I think my dh has misplaced hunter/head of house regression. Like saying he is going to do this big project is like his big kill, makes him feel manly, but when you get down to it- he doesn't have the time or all of the know how, to get it down.
Hang in there sweetie!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#73 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Can we skip this age and move Erin right into 3?
I hear ya'!
My youngest is firmly 2 1/2 and she can throw some amazing tantrums.
I know that she's much easier than my eldest (soon to be 10) but that was a while ago so it's hard to believe sometimes.

She had a huge screaming fit this morning when the cat decided he'd had enough of her attention and wandered off to the woods for some 'alone time.' She was screaming at him to come back and tell me, 'pet cat-cat' over and over again.

I finally bribed her with the right kind of breakfast food and convinced her to come in...but not before she awakened her brothers with the wailing. Oy. I'm thankful we have no neighbors when she gets revv'd up.

Maryhippie.gif

#74 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Part of me is very nervous about tomorrow's ultrasound.
You're in my thoughts.

#75 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
In some ways, I really can relate. How old is DFD? Seems she's pretty young still. We had a similar-ish issue with DSD-1. THe above bolded sounds exactly how I feel about her. We could not have her here. She needed/needs someone who can help her, but we cannot do it to the expense of the other kids. I don't know how to make the best of the situation, DSD-1 was older and went to live with her Gram when it would no longer work with us. I felt badly because we could/can see the source of the problems, but there was nothing we could do to change her destructive ways. With a younger kid, I don't know what you could do. We couldn't live with her pitting the youngers against each other, making them do things they knew were not acceptable, constant barrage of cops for millions of reason at the door, harassing the cats to the point of constant hissing at all of us... We decided to step out, let go of DSD. I don't know what would have happened with a younger child. I know it's not easy.
she is 6. but super bright, like gifted. that is why DH thinks that she picked up her bmoms crap and DSD didnt. plus she focuses on DFD. DFD didnt get like this herself. her mom coached her and taught her. i had caught her lots of times telling DFD how to get people to do what you want them to. always yelled at her for it. bmom got in trouble for saying something she shouldnt have and mysteriously ended up in the hosp 3 days later. she is 2 months behind me in preg. we all think it was an attention thing. like, you cant be mad a tme if i am in the hosp. DH thinks it is a "look what you did to me, this will prove i wasnt lying" thing.

Quote:
:

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#76 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

singin_angel- : Thinking of you!

Mary- I knit some. I'd love to do some little animals, especially any of these http://www.steinerbooks.org/detail.h...=9781903458686. I'm so glad that soon I'll have more creative fun time.

My dd is 10 in just a few more days. Since I sew I make her clothing or bags. Maybe you could create a naturalist bag for him with some inexpensive binoculars ( I find them for like $10) a notebook and colored pencils to sketch with, identification books, etc. My dd loves fimo clay and beeswax for sculpting.

Maia- Ouchie. Try the homeo remedy. Or a warm bath. I hope you get some relief.

Aeress- I'm not sure 3 is much better. j/k hang in there!
#77 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 AM

i just got my wedding photos posted on Facebook. i made them public for now if you want to look...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...38&aid=2010514

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#78 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
i just got my wedding photos posted on Facebook. i made them public for now if you want to look...

omg, you look incredible

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#79 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Mary- I knit some. I'd love to do some little animals, especially any of these http://www.steinerbooks.org/detail.h...=9781903458686. I'm so glad that soon I'll have more creative fun time.
I got the pattern I'm using from Creative Play for Your Toddler. It is SUPER easy. You could do the squirrel from this pattern with just a bit more creativity for the tail. Here are a few photos of the mama bunny I made for my DD: http://attachlings.wordpress.com/200...he-blue-bunny/ (there's a link to the book there on that blog post as well)

I made a baby bunny as well. And then the 3 critters I referenced earlier. I very intentionally left them without features that would limit them to one type of animal...

I also have the book Knitted Farmyard that I will be using to craft other animals and people and a play-rug for DD.

And I had a brainstorm for eldest-child...I'm going to knit him a checkerboard with checkers. He loves to play checkers anywhere, anytime, with anyone. I think this is one thing he'll really cherish. Ok, I probably can't make it in time for his birthday in August...but I can look ahead to christmas/solstice presents.

Maryhippie.gif

#80 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Wow! You made a lovely bride! I especially love the one with you and your dad. Thanks for sharing those.

Maryhippie.gif

#81 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Lioness- so pretty!

Mary-I also have the knitted farm book- still haven't gotten around to knitting anything but it is on my to do list.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#82 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM

Thanks for the hugs... It's tough because his recent "religion" change (and I use that word very lightly) has really changed him. Sometimes I get very very down it and other times I have hope that it won't be permanent. His real personality still comes out, and it's those times that I'm happiest. However when he takes on the new persona... Well it makes thigns rough. Sometimes I deal with it better than others. Today is a better-than day. I notice when I've been sidelining my spiritual self I start feeling worse about all this. I've been on vacation from work and lemme tell you, with all the kids in the house, it's been nice getting back to work.

LionessMom, can't wait to see your pictures. I can't now as I"m at work, but I'm sure they're beautiful.

Wow mary3mama you are a knitting goddess! I'm always amazed at what knitters can make!

signature currently in transition
#83 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Wow mary3mama you are a knitting goddess! I'm always amazed at what knitters can make!
maybe a knitting-goddess-wannabe...

I just taught myself to knit in January -- autodidact that I am I had to wait until there was NOBODY I could ask for help IRL -- so I'm still very new at it.

I haven't gotten to reading charts or complicated patterns...that would go against my sanguine temperament

I have so much sewing to do to 'Goddess-up' this house we bought/moved in to in April. But that had to be put on-hold to make up these lovelies for my dear friend and her wee ones.

Aeress -- what are you intending to knit from the farm book? Or is it everything? That's me. I totally think I can make it all and then the reality of my limited time (and attention...sanguine thing again) hits hard. Ah, well. My intentions are very, very good. :

What's for dinner everyone? Wee-ist one has been puny (slight fever, low appetite) today so I'm thinking really easy. Maybe a frittata? We have some fresh broccoli and farm fresh eggs (my neighbor sells us raw milk and pastured eggs each week) and some left over bagels...sounds like dinner to me.

Maryhippie.gif

#84 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Just a cute couple of things...
Ds now goes around saying "Holy Osiris!" or "Holy Hathor!" (gotta love Tutenstein).

#85 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Can we skip this age and move Erin right into 3? Oh my Goddess please send me more patience, I am seriously not sure how many more screaming, head banging, throw herself to the ground, tantrums I can take. Yesterday she head banged on the concrete and gave herself a nasty looking goose bump and brush burn and she did it in about 2 seconds. Glad for arnica!
OMG do I feel your pain! But 3 does not fix it Quinn turned three a month ago and he's STILL doing it. He will cop the sh*ts and stop, go stiff as a board and fall directly on his face!!!! He finally learned to turn his head to the side

Quote:
What's for dinner everyone? Wee-ist one has been puny (slight fever, low appetite) today so I'm thinking really easy. Maybe a frittata? We have some fresh broccoli and farm fresh eggs (my neighbor sells us raw milk and pastured eggs each week) and some left over bagels...sounds like dinner to me.
A humongous fried rice here With terribly bad for us, but really tasty lup chong (only a couple through a big batch though, so it won't kill us :P) Best go put the rice on now actually so it's cool by this evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds now goes around saying "Holy Osiris!" or "Holy Hathor!" (gotta love Tutenstein).
that's brilliant

The boys were lovely and let me sleep until 830 this morning (after our day yesterday I totally needed it).. Lucas made everyone toast and turned the heater on to toasty up the room lol. They were very good and didn't even destroy the house much

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#86 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 10:44 PM

Holy Hathor Batman!

I use "Baba Yaga" as my expletive of choice... it just has such a satisfying ring as it rolls off the tongue!

Singin'- hang in there... I hope this time they can resolce the situation so you can move on from there.

Quote:
Clay -- you sound like you are about to go into labor, IMHO.
Don't say that! I'm only 35 weeks (on Thursday) so the babe had better keep himself in place for at least another week or two. DD1 was a 42+ week kiddo while dd2 came more or less on the 40 mark so while I'd be happy to see a 38 week kiddo, I'm not betting on it. And I'd really like an August babe having come so close (for the geeks out there, by random chance my littles have birthdates of 4/05, 6/07, and if this one arrives on schedule 8/09.... and the numerical sequence amuses me). And my photoshoot has been moved once again to next Tuesday and my doula meeting isn't till the 22nd!

On the other hand, I'm having plenty of contractions. I feel sort of pre-menstrual. Babe has dropped a good bit (which dd2 didn't do till labor). And my bathroom visits are much shorter since things have, ahem, loosened up a bit from my normal pregnancy constipation. So we shall see.

head banging- anyone remember "head wound harry"? What is it with kiddos and head bumps this week? Big hugs to the wounded littles and their scared silly mamas... there is nothing as tummy turning as the sound of your little one's head thumping on the concrete/ground/floor. It's one of those hard wired "bad sounds" that would probably wake a parent out of a dead sleep.

And speaking of sleep... DH wants the computer to listen to some new math core so off to "mug of tea and bed" I go!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#87 of 437 Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
i just read this today. how did it go, mama?

Quote:
I don't mind at all.

Oh, and Maia, I had horrible sciatica pain just before my last pregnancy. It flares up occassionally, but not often. But when I had it, it was excruciating! The homeopathic remedy Rhus Tox can be hugely helpful (with sciatica, arthritis and poison ivy -- all conditions of inflammation.) If you have some, you might give it a try.
my mother loved it, just like i thought she would thank you!

oh, i will have to pick some of that up tomorrow. i am not familiar (intimately, anyway) with homeopathics-- can you tell how to dose it? i'll try about anything. i was thinking it would probably not be a good idea to take ibuprofin chronically every night

speaking of dosing-- i had FOUR vaxes all at once, monday-- or, 3 vaxes (MMR and Hep A and B, so i guess with the combo it's actually 5) and a TB skin test. what, besides echinacea and C, should i be taking to counteract any bad stuff? i actually don't have pure echinacea, so i'm taking a flu tincture i made. it's got echinacea, elderberry, white willow, and a couple of other things.

Quote:
Can we skip this age and move Erin right into 3?

Maia- nursing school is super crazy according to me Mom, but so worth it! I know you will make a great nurse!
Aeress-- i hope you are sitting down for this: three makes two look like a walk in the park on a sunny day. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. it's like some big bad momma secret that nobody tells you

i am sure i can handle school-- it's the worry about childcare that's making me nuts! once i get that handled, i can relax some. school will be tough, but i will get kicked out w/o childcare. i have to be there 90% of the time.

Quote:
And I had a brainstorm for eldest-child...I'm going to knit him a checkerboard with checkers. He loves to play checkers anywhere, anytime, with anyone. I think this is one thing he'll really cherish. Ok, I probably can't make it in time for his birthday in August...but I can look ahead to christmas/solstice presents.
cool idea! you can roll up the board with the checkers inside and tie it like a piece of parchment, for traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
that's funny! what's Tutenstein?

Quote:
What's for dinner everyone?
we had a sort of a vegetarian version of bangers-and-mash. ds wouldn't touch a frittata with a 10-foot yardstick

#88 of 437 Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
back in civilization with internet and cell phone service, having been gone to rural western West Virginia since Saturday. ds had his stitches taken out on sat morning, then we were off - like drowned turtles. set off fireworks in the rain (completely not legal in WV but i don't think they have police there...) found purslane in the in-laws garden so i collected it by the armload and ds and i proceeded to chow down on it most of the time we were there. dh didn't think it was so fabulous. dh's grandma said something like "oh yeah, we used to feed that to the hogs... didn't know you could eat it" they think i'm a bit nuts.

singin - my mom had regular periods while she was pregnant with me. she was 4 months along before pregnancy tests came up positive (this was a long time ago, before you could do them at home). she also didn't have morning sickness - but she knew she was pregnant, sort of. oh, and i grew up in K-W but my folks just moved to Ridgetown, the friendliest place in Ontario (apparently) - so we'll be hanging out down there in a few weeks...

maia - perhaps nux vomica to help things along? maybe some clay (internally) to absorb toxins? we've got bentonite but i've heard pascalite is actually better.

aeress - my dh sounds like yours. there are a lot of things around the house that he should do but... he either isnt' quite sure how to do it, or he doesn't have time to do it.... and he feels guilty hiring someone else to do it...

my mom knits- she took it up when i started taking various lessons and she stayed to watch. there's no point in me knitting - my fingers get all tied in knots - so i just let her do it all. now sewing... that is something where i excel, especially when i actually time to engineer things... lately i've been doing boring ol' napkins and placemats so that we get a seasonal look for the various solstices and equinoxes.

time to finish catching up on email and to take a shower...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#89 of 437 Old 07-08-2009, 12:57 AM

I've started knitting again. It's nice to be able to do that. It's still difficult, though, so I end up doing most of my knitting in the dark. One of these days, I'll be able to knit and put my project down wherever I happen to be... but it's going to be a while.

Long day, long evening, long night. I'm going to play some Mafia Wars and try to sleep.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#90 of 437 Old 07-08-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

head banging- anyone remember "head wound harry"? What is it with kiddos and head bumps this week?
Oh I totally remember massive headwound harry! LMAO I am so juvenile but I laughed till I had tears over that one when I first saw it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page