July Pagan Circle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 437 Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is it even possible that it's late afternoon on the west coast and there's no thread yet?
Since the move, I don't have internet at home yet & it may be several more days. I can check on my iphone, but it's hard to post.

Nicole- I'm so sorry.

Maia- what an absolute nightmare you've been going through!

I haven't read any updates since sometime yesterday- I hope everyone else is doing ok. I wanted to pop in and let ya'll know I won't be around much for a few days, but will read along as I can.

It's going to be hot this weekend for the 4th- I'll be bbq'ing and working on unpacking and setting up house.

to everyone!
#2 of 437 Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
gun

Happy July everyone!! They are shooting off fireworks down the street and it is so rainy here I am not even going out to peek at them. We have been so busy all day clearing out the spare room for the baby that hopefully will come to live with us in Sept!!! : We have LOADS of crap stuffed away in that room!

Peace- Heather
#3 of 437 Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM

OK... this IS going to be a happier month for the pagan mamas, if I have to waddle my pregnant belly around the world smackin' people up side the head with happiness! And you wouldn't want to make a big fat pregnant lady waddle all that way, would you?

So I've placed my order with the big gods that hang out above, below, and to the middle, and added requests for the small gods who hang out in the dusty quantum corners and behind the doors of space/time. Peace, balance, and good luck to each and every one of us. Ok, yes, I admit, "peace/balance/luck" are not actually the same thing as "happiness" but for me they're something better. Happiness can come and go, it depends in many ways on other people and situations outside our control. But if you have peace, balance, and luck none of the rest matters. It'll all work out in the end.

And on that note... I've got to get to bed. I have a crazy early day tomorrow (an 8am OB appointment in a town a half hour away, but the car is running on fumes so I have to drive/coast/push the car 15 minutes in the wrong direction to reach the nearest fuel station... so add another half hour or so to the morning's travel time, then set the clock back at least an hour to account for getting both girls up and ready as well as DH up and ready, which takes more doing than having the girls out the door!)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#4 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 AM

LOL is THAT why I haven't gotten any updates? It's july LOL..oops! You're right clay.. July WILL be a better month for all of us :

I realized how badly I've been neglecting myself lately, of course I was sick forever which didn't help! But I've been putting off things like getting a haircut, and wearing clothes that are thoroughly worn out (my jeans literally had gotten so thin in spots that I had a hole appearing in the thigh ) So my hubby had me go to a *quality* clothing store that specializes in plus size goddesses like myself, and told me to spend what I needed to lol. I felt bad as I spent what seems like an absurd sum on 4 peices of clothing...but I feel gorgeous in them (and it's just a nice pair of jeans and casual tops!) It made me realize how silly buying clothes at discount stores is if I have to buy them 3 times a year I may only have 4 nice peices (ok, i have one really nice outfit from there too, but it's a special occasion sorta thing) but that's better than a dozen things that I hate wearing because I feel horrible in them.

So self care is my motto of the month mamas! I have been very frazzled since just before I got sick... very worn down with the kids, feeling like a failure because I snap & yell etc. I've got a plan to spend less of my free time on the computer and more of it reading, cross stitching, and working on my puny knitting skillz (or lack of hehe) and beading because all of those things are very soothing and therapeutic for me. Almost meditative even : I have 4 weeks to go (slightly less actually) until I fly back to Georgia to spend 2 weeks with my boys.. don't need to go having a nervous breakdown before then

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#5 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 AM

Greetings everyone!

I'm Mary :

Since I'm new to this forum, I'll post a little intro as well.

I'm 44 and the mama to three wonderlings I call the attachlings. They are Theo, who will be 6 in a few weeks; Nic who will be 10 shortly thereafter; and, Whingari, who is firmly 2 1/2 (birthday in December.) I'm also married to my best friend, Christopher, with whom I just shared our 15th anniversary last month.

We live in a wonderful part of West Virginia that is close to Maryland & Wash. DC and shares the appalachian trail border with Virginia. We moved here recently and before that lived for years in Indianapolis (IN) and before that in Tennessee.

I'm an earth-based spirituality gal who homeschools the children, tries to think up ways to live as gently as I can on the earth, and in her spare time, loves to knit and sew. Oh, and I love to cook for my family. There's something deeply elemental about that natural alchemy.

I read through the entire June thread (that took a while!) and have been really touched by the bond I could feel in your (virtual) midst. I hope you don't mind a newbie joining in. I don't drink coffee, but I'll happily drink a cup of tea with everyone.

Off to communing with friends via email, sipping the morning brew, and generally getting my wits about me before the attachlings get up and going.

:

Maryhippie.gif

#6 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 AM

Morning Mary and Welcome to our Circle! : You will find that many of us follow a similar path.

Clay- So far, so good for July. and your threat worked...hehe

Cari- *hugs*

I have two things to report-1)I am really surprised to see a quiz on one of the social networking sites that uses the word "retarded" and very sad that people are taking the quiz and 2)school stuff is keeping me so busy, I have weekly meetings but it is all good, things are coming together.

Oh and someone can turn off the faucet, we have had enough rain.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#7 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Welcome Mary!

Oh right...why didn't I even think of starting a new thread yesterday? I must have way too much swimming in my head right now!

So my dreams for the last few nights have all been about this upcoming surgery. It is weighing very much on my mind, but it is tomorrow, so the healing will be able to start and not just be in limbo some more.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here, today doesn't seem to be following that trend, but they are calling for a nice weekend.

I spoke to my good friend yesterday and we are trying to get something together for ritual at the end of the month. We want to do something very inclusive and creative.

DH was awesome last night...he let me nap for two hours and in that time he did some dishes, took out the garbage and recycling. He also made dinner for us.

My tummy is screaming at me in hunger so I should appease it. I need all the food I can get today, because I'm not allowed to eat after midnight I also think I'll do ritual today while DD is sleeping for a safe surgery tomorrow with lots of healing on all levels.

Bright blessings for this month of July to all the lovely mama's here!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#8 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Thanks!

Nicole/Singin -- I dabble in lay homeopathy as well...forgot to add that in my intro. If you do homeopathy and have it available, you might want to take some arnica and staph in advance of your procedure...and for about 3 days after. It can help immensely. peace to you...

Maryhippie.gif

#9 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM

lol-I guees i was feeling a kindred feeling to my Canadian Moms, someho I added the flag to my post. lol

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#10 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM

welcome July! one more month closer to October. lol.

it is getting crazier here. DFD m oved late may to her dad's house. her bmom never liked the idea, even though it is not up to her. i am sure she was just waiting for the littlest thing to start complaining. well it happened. DFD has been having accidents. not wiping good enough and pooping her pants. it is no surprise to me. we dealt with it here for a while too. it is the move. she jsut needs time to get settled. well bmom is saying that means she is being abused and wants her to move back here. she cant move back here. first, i have no bed for her here anymore as i make room for the new baby. second, she is not being abused. third, she is an abuser. she is abusive to my other children and i dont want her around them. i was so relieved when she finally moved. if DSD and DD dont do what she wants she will tell them she doesnt love them anymore, wont be their friend anymore, then she starts call ing them names or trying to moake them feel bad, then if that dont work, she will hit them or bite them. all to get them to play exactly how she wants them to play. since she has been gone, the house is peaceful. DSD esp has been great! she has come out of her shell and is HAPPY. when DFD was here she was always quiet and unsure. i refuse to let her back. DFD is not my main priority. DSD, DD and DS are. and i need to protect them. i havent even asked for DFD to come visit. i dont want to run into her at the local pool. i think it is bad enough that they see each other every weekend at their bmom house. every time DFD and DSD are together, i see DFD whispering in her ear, and i can tell by the look on DSD face that she is uncomfortable.

any insight ladies? esp from a spiritual side? i love DFD. but her presence hurts my family. nobody here wants her to visit....
i know that bmom is manipulating the sit to try and get DFD out of her bdad house.

sorry to be a downer. i need insight from my witchy mamas.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#11 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Just popping in so I don't forget to sub...

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#12 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 PM

We are getting bombarded with T-Storms still. Computer keeps disconnecting but I need to work online! My new website is now up so I'm super excited and busy updating stuff. wheee!

Welcome Mary!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#13 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Subbing.

Lioness: I'm not exactly clear on your abbreviations, but the situation sounds complicated and unpleasant so I couldn't just let it pass without comment. :

Nicole, . Take care of yourself, and much healing to you. :

I was packing up to take the kids to 4QF for the weekend, but right now I'm feeling up in the air about things. Firstly Bear had his allergy testing yesterday, and while results were inconclusive at the time (weak positives to wheat and soy) this morning the wheat spot was a large, fully-formed weal. So I have to call the allergist about that, and ask for advice/thoughts on what that means 24 hours later. Secondly, a few minutes ago Bella poured about 2/3 of a container of dish soap over Bear's head. : :mad Bear's asleep now, after SHRIEKING at the top of his lungs and while I washed the stuff from his head as best I could. He refused to open his eyes or drink anything, and vomited bubbles. : He's also got a big, new lump on his forehead that's irritating the crap out of me. Between that mess and the fact that this morning, before the soap incident, he was messing with his ear the way that he does when he's got a developing ear infection I'm inclined to think that I should spend the night in the ER rather than at the Farm. Bean and BooBah were supposed to come with me and tHRH to the Farm as well, but the kids were hardly cooperative at all (and actually worked to get in my way and break/destroy things while I was trying to deal with their understandably miserable baby brother!) and I'm not feeling kindly disposed toward *anyone* right now. :

I've got to calm the hell down, but wow am I in a crappy mood right now. : I just want to scream and break things. Why can't I plan for anything, and why can't the kids be reasonable for an hour or two at a time? :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#14 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM

Welcome Mary! :

Nicole, I'll have a supportive thought for you tomorrow.

Valérie   
#15 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 04:02 PM

Mary-Welcome!

Nicole-I will light a candle for you today. Good luck tomorrow, I've been thinking about you.

DoK-I love the site! I was just talking to DH about looking for books for the babe in utero.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#16 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post

DoK-I love the site! I was just talking to DH about looking for books for the babe in utero.
Thanks! Let me know (pm) if you want any recommendations.

#17 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 PM

Popping in to say Hi. I was gone from Saturday until yesterday. Got served with a restraining order (to prevent me from taking the nonexistant money, his stuff or have his car towed) and divorce papers! Apparently I took off with all the money, yet we have been separated since he deployed. Oh and he does have a lawyer. He signed the divorce papers on our third wedding anniversary...prick.

I am trying to find a lawyer right now. Not going well because I don't have $2k for a retainer. I may just have to represent myself which terrifies me. He's asking that I only get the couch and dining room set....yippee. Oh and my landlady has been helping him judging by the papers.

I am confident that things are going to go my way. Been reading You Can Heal Your Life and another Abraham-Hicks book. I am doing pretty well at staying positive.

Hope all is well with you gals!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#18 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I have two things to report-1)I am really surprised to see a quiz on one of the social networking sites that uses the word "retarded" and very sad that people are taking the quiz and
nice :

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
[color=Indigo] Subbing.
ICK sounds like a heck of an evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Popping in to say Hi. I was gone from Saturday until yesterday. Got served with a restraining order (to prevent me from taking the nonexistant money, his stuff or have his car towed) and divorce papers! Apparently I took off with all the money, yet we have been separated since he deployed. Oh and he does have a lawyer. He signed the divorce papers on our third wedding anniversary...prick.
Wow he is completely delusional lol.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#19 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
OK... this IS going to be a happier month for the pagan mamas, if I have to waddle my pregnant belly around the world smackin' people up side the head with happiness!
be careful some UAV doesn't call DSS on you :
that said, i sure could use some peace and stuff, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
But I've been putting off things like getting a haircut
ok, then....don't! start growing for the dreads, mama!
self-care...sounds great. i don't ever do enough of that, for sure. i bought a smudge stick, which i haven't had in years and years, and have been smudging myself every morning for the past 2-3 days. it feels wonderful! only takes a minute, and is so worth it. really sets the tone for the day. or at least the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Greetings everyone! I'm Mary :
welcome, Mary! i love cooking, too merry meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
So my dreams for the last few nights have all been about this upcoming surgery. It is weighing very much on my mind, but it is tomorrow, so the healing will be able to start and not just be in limbo some more.
peace to you, mama. hang in there. i think that was the same surgery i had, years ago, but mine was voluntary. i didn't realize how utterly stressful that would be, and i regret it now, but what's past is past. i'll be thinking of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
any insight ladies? esp from a spiritual side? i love DFD. but her presence hurts my family. nobody here wants her to visit....
i know that bmom is manipulating the sit to try and get DFD out of her bdad house.

sorry to be a downer. i need insight from my witchy mamas.
egads, mama...i can't make much head or tails of the story either, but it sounds awful, and confusing, and a real bummer. i hope it straightens itself out soon.
btw i did try to add you as a friend on FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
and I'm not feeling kindly disposed toward *anyone* right now. :

I've got to calm the hell down, but wow am I in a crappy mood right now. : I just want to scream and break things. Why can't I plan for anything, and why can't the kids be reasonable for an hour or two at a time? :
poor eilonwy. i so understand your feelings. my situations are not the same, but the feelings come through very clearly, and i KNOW. hugs, mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I am trying to find a lawyer right now. Not going well because I don't have $2k for a retainer. I may just have to represent myself which terrifies me.
there is an old saying that goes something like someone who represents hirself has a fool for a lawyer-- be careful. don't they have public lawyers there where you live? or at least a place you can call to find out what your options are? they have that here-- Legal Aid, or some such. why don't you call on Monday, call the county courthouse or something and see what you can find out about Public Legal Aid.
did you get my PM reply?

so...my update is, i have Blocked everybody i camped with from my FB account and updated my privacy settings in a big way. but then, a friend of mine (who is still FB friends with these people) told me the UAV guy went public on FB yesterday with this whole thing-- thankfully not naming names-- and it's getting WAY, way blown out of proportion. egads. JUST what i was hoping to avoid. dang. i just really, really hope names stay out of it, and my case doesn't get affected in any way. what a......so-and-so. what a mess.

what are y'all doing for July 4th? my yearly ritual is to watch The Patriot. ds is still too young for that, but i do it for me. one year it just got really important for me to get to the roots of the holiday, and not have it be a crass commercialistic affair like every dang American holiday, so i watch that. I think also ds and i will see Independence Day. i've never seen it.
Saturday night we will have our yearly dinner at <barf> Denny's, and go to the pitiful street festival, and watch the fireworks (which, at least, those are awesome).

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#20 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what are y'all doing for July 4th? my yearly ritual is to watch The Patriot. ds is still too young for that, but i do it for me. one year it just got really important for me to get to the roots of the holiday, and not have it be a crass commercialistic affair like every dang American holiday, so i watch that. I think also ds and i will see Independence Day. i've never seen it.
That's a good idea. I haven't seen The Patriot in years. DH is working 2nd shift that day, so I'm not really planning on doing anything but watching TV, avoiding the (nice and well meaning, but sometimes overbearing) neighbors, and eating watermelon and whatever else I feel like.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#21 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
told me the UAV guy went public on FB yesterday with this whole thing-- thankfully not naming names-- and it's getting WAY, way blown out of proportion.
If your friend can save a screen shot of what he has written, I would go after him legally. If this guy officially worked for the camp, then he is breaking some serious rules.

Have you contacted the person/people in charge of the camp about his latest shenanigans? This guy obviously isn't of very high moral character.

#22 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
If your friend can save a screen shot of what he has written, I would go after him legally. If this guy officially worked for the camp, then he is breaking some serious rules.

Have you contacted the person/people in charge of the camp about his latest shenanigans? This guy obviously isn't of very high moral character.
she printed it out and is sending it snail mail, but it occurred to me that this is a holiday weekend, and it likely won't get here till the middle of next week.
he does not work for the camp or for anyone connected to PSG. i can't go after him legally unless he uses names, and i don't want any of that to come down, really-- i want to put all my energy into nursing school.
i have drafted a letter to the people in charge, and am going to send it off soon as i get that copy of the FB page, but i will have to call tomorrow or Saturday to let them know to expect it. i hope mine gets there first. it's only a matter of time before he gets the same idea as me, if that hasn't happened already. his allegations are absurd. and his responses are desperate and vengeful and, well, just mean. as a Pagan and a recovering person he should know better

i really just want this to be over. i'm cleared by social services, and justly. now the meanies can Just Go Away, dang it!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#23 of 437 Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
i really just want this to be over. i'm cleared by social services, and justly. now the meanies can Just Go Away, dang it!

glad to hear you were cleared. I knew you would be. such a waste of social services to send them out for something ridiculous. they are a last resort in my opinion. thinking of you.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#24 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i've had a splitting headache all day, so this is going to be brief.

we're off to West Virginia (western side) for the weekend to visit DH's grandparents. it's always culture shock so it takes a day to mentally prepare (that's what we're doing tomorrow - preparing)... and then we have a visit tolerance of only about 3 days. but this is always a big deal - it's DH's grandma's birthday... sheesh, she's gotta be in her 80's by now... i've lost count.

crossing our fingers that the work computers don't blow up, burst into flames, get drown by a building flood, or anything else... we won't have internet access or cell phones (like i said - culture shock) so we won't know about disasters or really anything else until we're on our way back on tuesday.

loving the idea of focusing on peace, balance and luck.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#25 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
i've had a splitting headache all day, so this is going to be brief.
You & me both mama I'm feeling rather crap at the moment.

Maia..I can't believe he / she (whichever one it was) put all that on facebook! Really, is it that important to them to smear you... they already got you into crap with 'the man' : Hope their underwear turn carniverous and eat their... ok, nm that thought

#26 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Mary :

I'm hooked up online again- woohoo!

Maia- as much as possible, I'd try to deal with the dude's latest actions with as little emotion as possible. Why waste your energy, ykwim? Easier said than done, I know, but hang in there and try to remember it's really his issue, and you don't need to take more on than you have too. And I'm really sorry you're having to go through it, it sucks in a major way.

BellaLR_ You deserve more than a bit of furniture. What a knucklehead. Hopefully you'll get a judge with a good bit of sense in her.

Lionessmom_ I'd feel guilty about not wanting DFD around, but you are right- you have to put DSD, DD, and DS first. You can't solve every problem & make everyone happy all the time.

All's well and good on my end. I haven't felt so relaxed and well rested in months! This weekend we'll do a neighborhood bbq for the 4th and work on settling in more and getting more projects done.
#27 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts.

My body is not responding kindly to not eating...and who knows how long that will last because I get the pleasure of sitting in day surgery until they have an availability (only after they do a repeat hCG - which takes an hour, and an ultrasound). I get some serious headaches if I don't eat and I'm starting to feel it already. I am going to get some apple juice so at least there is a little something my body will use as "food".

I'm still absolutely terrified though - I don't like not knowing what is going on, not having the ability to make my own decisions...most people won't do this under a local but emotionally that might not be wise either.

We are however going to do something to honour this little one regardless and to bring healing to everyone who's life was touched.

The weather here is appropriate for how I'm feeling...grey, cold, and dreary.

I will catch up with my responses to your posts once I can actually be there for you mamas. I don't just want to type words because they would sound good, I'd rather they be genuine...and I don't want them to come from me while I am in this place (does that even make sense?).

I'm wearing my amythyst bracelet today...may it continue to bring me peaceful vibes and protection.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#28 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 09:37 AM

Nicole- You are in my thoughts.

#29 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM

Nicole- I was actually grateful for the mild sedative that they gave me prior to the procedure. *hugs* thinking of you today

Well, the rain is still hangin on and I am just done with it. I took miss Britta to her first behavior class and she did really well. We were with another beagle, named Nora, and the dogs were so stinking cute together. I can see a change in Britta already.

Maia- is all I have to say

#30 of 437 Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
there is an old saying that goes something like someone who represents hirself has a fool for a lawyer-- be careful. don't they have public lawyers there where you live? or at least a place you can call to find out what your options are? they have that here-- Legal Aid, or some such. why don't you call on Monday, call the county courthouse or something and see what you can find out about Public Legal Aid.
did you get my PM reply?

Public defenders are for criminal cases up here. I am calling all the organizations I can think of. One of the lawyers I called up (who takes payments) just had her hip replaced so isn't taking any clients and she told me finding a lawyer who takes payments, etc is going to be hard. She said I need to find a way to come up with the money I already asked my Grandparents and got shot down, they told me to just deal with it myself. My parents are broker than a joke.

Yes, I got your PM. I have just been thinking about it. Will reply soon.

Sister ended up in the ER again early this morning, we were just there with her on Wednesday. She has gallstones. *sigh* She also has no health insurance.

Regardless of that I am going to have a wonderful day.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page