Pagan Mamas?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 08-15-2002, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear fellow mothering readers:

I have enjoyed reading your thread.

I was raised a Christian (Roman Catholic); I converted to Judaism.

I have looked for god, God, or Goddesses in everything in my life. I have met educated people who believed in fairies, gnomes, elves, giants in various forms. I don't know what to think of them, but they appeared intelligent and self-assured and reasonable.

Perhaps the only thing that makes sense is that there is more than one god and that these gods are fighting for power always, everyday, everywhere in our lives and in nature.

On my lifepath, I look everywhere for meaning, for reason, for truth. Perhaps being a pagan is the only reasonable way of life.
It makes sense after all.

miriam
#62 of 67 Old 08-16-2002, 12:14 AM

(((Alayne)))
You live on THE FARM? How wayyy kewl, I was blessed to have been there last year(a year ago this month) for a midwifery seminar and I really really liked the place, I wish I could just come up there and...stay for a week with all the kids...pick berries and swim!email me if you want mom@bellsouth.net Id LOVE to hear about where you live and what you do there, Id like to know more about it there. I stayed in the trailer behind Debrah Flowers place and the curtains opened up to WOODS in the back -goddess country!
I too enjoy the Christ spirit and Pagen ways and other teachings also- I do observe the days of the wheel with the children -often another mom and her two join me but Im not sure how thats going, it seems like I have to ...control?(what an illusion haha) my kids more with the other moms kids around so I believe Im just going to do Mabon at home but <shrug shoulders> who knows -I will look for the signs of my higher will-
When celebrating with the kids I try to include them in the planning and baking and crafts as much as possible and FOR ME the more planning ahead of time and discussing it the more creative the kids get and we can use their ideas in the ritual too- FOR ME the more US there is in the ritual the more majikal it is- blessed be to all-m
#63 of 67 Old 08-16-2002, 11:47 AM

Would someone please tell me what The Farm is..?
#64 of 67 Old 08-16-2002, 11:58 AM

Chaka--

It's a vegetarian hippie commune in TN. If your get ahold of a copy of Spiritual Midwifery, you will see. Started by Stephen and Ina May Gaskin back in the 70's. St Stephen, by the Grateful Dead, was written about Stephen.

Ina May is, by my reckoning, the mama of the modern home birth movement.

HTH
#65 of 67 Old 08-16-2002, 10:55 PM

Thank you!
#66 of 67 Old 08-17-2002, 01:07 AM

#67 of 67 Old 08-17-2002, 06:14 PM

sigh, I had this wonderful post ready to send about the Farm and the 'puter bumps me off!!

Marymom, thank you for providing the website.

Living here is beautiful. We have lived in a community before ocming here, so that gave us a bit of experience, which helped w/ the transition. My 1st 2 trimesters sucked; mainly b/c I was not ready to become a mom (desired to be kid free) and so working thru that was a trip. We moved here the last tri and what utter BLISS! THe folks here are sooo into kids and pregnancy. They gave me so much energy, love, good vibes and hugs that lifted me up.
We find that we have a lot in common. One member remarked that we reminded them of the Haight-Ashbury '60s.
It is so relaxing to live here. No 'keeping up w/ the Jones', no serious material centered living. Of course, we have our political shtick, but that is everywhere. What it boils down to is that love IS. It overcomes dramas, political shtick, and the like. You disagree, but you still hug.
Over 60% of the land is still undeveloped forests or grassland. There are areas that are protected for wildlife. We do have a deer overpopulation, thus there is a tick overpopulation. And very high garden fences.
Peaceful. We do not go into town very much. We work here, shop at the Farm store and play here, too.
We love it here. We tell folks that our dd brought us here. She wanted to be born here and we are staying to raise her here.

Any more ques? pm me.
Much love and B*B*
Alayne

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page