August Pagan Circle - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#511 of 519 Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Lowes/HD sold blight infected plants and it spread to the farms before it was caught.
Oh no! That s*cks!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#512 of 519 Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 PM

Clay - I'd love to do a project for the turning of the year with all of you! Definately beads here...but to be honest, I usually just get them to hold, I have to learn how to make something - a bracelet sounds nice and easy (maybe?) But I'll meditate on it...see where that leads me. I also wanted to add that it really sucks about the tomatoes

Today has been pretty good...DD napped for 4 hours! Growth spurt maybe? We'll just have to wait and see hehe!

As we are approaching the Full Moon - what are the plans? Anyone have any particular intentions?

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#513 of 519 Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Hello mamas. I am finally back from my road trip. I went to Michigan to pick up a puppy. His name is Forseti, (we call him Seti). I hope everyone has been doing well. I am going to go back and catch up now. I did see something about a bead craft? I would love to join.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#514 of 519 Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
heard about this backyard through a mailing list: http://leora.thesane.net/2009/08/the-labyrinth-is-done/
This is awesome. I have plans to make a labyrinth when we get to our new property.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
tiptoes in...

Hello everybody! I am constantly lurking, but hardly ever posting. I need help with trying to create a sort of daily observance. Not exactly a ritual, but something I can do on a daily basis to remind me of my own spirituality akin to what some would do as a daily prayer, bible reading thing.

I'm thinking of it having to do with the passage of time/weather/where we're at light/dark wise in reference to the equinox/solstices. I'd like to include the little ones in it.

Anyone do anything like this?
Hi, welcome. My morning ritual is being outside enjoying nature, sitting in the grass, drinking my coffee or tea. I use this time to journal also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i felt immediate relief as soon as the dentist drilled into the canal. the pressure was lifted. it still hurts but i can eat now. i tell ya, for a pregnant women it is pretty inportant. lol. i could actually chew last night! woo hoo. it still hurts a little but not as much as it did. i feel 100% better.

daily observance. i havent been doing it lately. i have felt out of touch for awhile. what does everybody do every day? some little ritual or observance that remids them to greet the day with faith?
Glad you are feeling better.

Quote:
daily observance- I pull a card for the day and a card for each family member every morning. It's quick and easy and I use it as a way to focus and perhaps gain some "advance notice" on how things might fall out during the day. Then I read the appropriate page in the Celtic Spirit daily meditations book (it, um, sits next to the toilet and, well, that's my "all by myself" morning tme so... yeah ). In the evenings I do a cleansing/release in the shower... I'll either do a quick tapping session or a personal visualization releasing negativity/old energy down the drain and then "empowering" my body scrub with whatever energies I am trying to pull into my life or that I need in order to re-charge.
I love the pull a card idea. I am going to do that. I also just bought the Celtic Spirit book yesterday..Can't wait to get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
Can I join in? I've popped in and out of your "camps" for ideas and now that the kids are getting older we want to start the Pagan holidays/way of life more...especially since the family is pushing the "Christian" holdays so much...I say "Christian" b/c though they clebrate them it, they don't live them

Here to learn from you all...mentors???
Hi, welcome.

#515 of 519 Old 08-31-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentC View Post
You've got it! I'll light a candle for you.

~~~~

I just wanted to share that my therapist did something this afternoon that is still boggling my mind. She did some energy work on me..."unhooked" me from something that I've been spiritually and emotionally tied to. I'm telling you, within minutes, I felt like...well...unhooked! I have had a real underlying feeling of sadness for the past few weeks and now I can't even access that feeling! It's blowing my mind! In a really great way! I have the world's most incredible therapist!!
How fantastic! Gave me chills when I read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
I love you guys all so much. You have such wonderful energy! : This thread is so active. I can hardly keep up ever. I need to show you guys a pic of my altar I have now! We are almost done switching things around.
Can't wait to see pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
WHEW! Just a sec to give you all a quick update! The adoption is back on track, and it was the birthfather hanging up the process. But everything is looking good now.

Thank you for the suggestions for the bedroom! I am off to get a small cornucopia and fill it with baby stuff and a pic of the river Nile for the nursery. (Psst, his name will be Niles)
:

Quote:
Nice ink!

tomato- our region was hit with blight... there are almost NO tomatoes. All the CSAs and the farmer market stalls have little apology signs up. Lowes/HD sold blight infected plants and it spread to the farms before it was caught.
We got the blight too. I just pulled up 62 tomato plants that I was hoping to can.

#516 of 519 Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 AM

I love the idea of a year-long project. I unfortunately don't have the required focus to stick to it. I had thought about doing a knit/felted bowl for the seasons a year ago - maybe this is should become my motivation.

We had the coolest day yesterday. DS and I went out with another momma and her DD to look for beluga whales. We found them and watched them for 2.5 hours. We walked out to a rocky point about 1/2 off the highway and they were so close we could hear them exhaling/spouting. Even the kiddos could see them (20 & 22 months old). On the way day we also saw Dall sheep (mountain sheep), swans, and bear tracks. Plus the weather was amazing - almost 70 and sunny with no wind. I think September is going to be a celebration of "white" for our theme - white swans, white sheep & goats, white beluga whales, the ermine & ptarmigan are turning white, and the mountains will get their first snow. (Hopefully we won't have it on the ground here until late Oct or November - But maybe we'll focus on celebrating what the coming snow means rather than dreading the short days of winter - more snow on the ground does mean more light a snowless winter is sooo dreary.)

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#517 of 519 Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 AM

Morning mamas.

liza-s: what a wonderful day. That is amazing!

#518 of 519 Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM

The September thread is up.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#519 of 519 Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I can't get into details, but I could really use some positivity vibes and calming vibes before I lose it at my MIL. Karen, who is ready for a good bath and maybe a good cry...all the stress has come to head today.
Hugs, Aeress-- I know you posted that it turned out ok, but hugs anyway-- sounds like a pernicious ongoing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Maia- Um...I've never really done much magic before. Yep, bad pagan Any suggestions?
Well...I dunno...I might light green candles for abundance, maybe within a small circle, you know, invoke the quarters and dieties, and use lots of intent to draw to you the things you want in your life. Maybe do a small vision board while in circle. Anyone else have any ideas?
My brain is, well...just a little fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Will see if I can find a good simple conversion chart. I know 30ml = 1oz here is one And honestly... I have to cheat to convert most of the time lol... but it IS easier for me now, if only a little. And you'd be surprised at the old time docs that still prescribe aspirin and other stuff by the grain .. it's annoying as heck. As for why they don't rx in proper dosage.. its more that most things are dosed by body weight, so there are usually several forms of meds to choose based on that & other factors. MOST docs these days will rx (for example) depakote suspension 500mg/5ml x 15ml tid. So really you won't use the coversions THAT often, and when you do there will be formulas and calculators in the med room
We learned that formula yesterday *AND* I got 100% on my first quiz in Assessment, and a 90% on the Pharmacology one (the one with conversions)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Its so unbelievably sick. Why was I so stupid?!
Because, hon, hindsight is 20/20. Doesn't it suck? But, the good news is, you can turn this into a learning process. You will be a lot more discriminating in your next choice of partner. Hopefully! I am still learning loads about myself in that very topic. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
though quite bummed that i have tons of green tomatoes that are being stubborn about ripening.
What you do is, put them in a brown paper bag, and they will ripen on their own. How cool is that? I've had them ripen even after being in the fridge for a week. Just popped them into a bag, on the counter, and voila! Couple days later, ripe, red tomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
WHEW! Just a sec to give you all a quick update! The adoption is back on track, and it was the birthfather hanging up the process. But everything is looking good now.
Oh YAY!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
it was "cool" here this morning too... i almost even said "wow! it's so nice and cool!" then i looked at the thermometer... 92. yeah, well, we're getting there!

ds had a big "bang" yesterday. he's still all mopey and sore, and now he's getting a cold on top of it. poor kid.

happy almost september!
It's been in the 70s in the day, here, and I'd guess in the high 50s at night. WOOHOO!

Poor B-- how is his head today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
Oh yeah, my new tattoo
That's awesome! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
We had the coolest day yesterday. DS and I went out with another momma and her DD to look for beluga whales.

On the way day we also saw Dall sheep (mountain sheep), swans, and bear tracks. Plus the weather was amazing - almost 70 and sunny with no wind. I think September is going to be a celebration of "white" for our theme - white swans, white sheep & goats, white beluga whales, the ermine & ptarmigan are turning white, and the mountains will get their first snow. (Hopefully we won't have it on the ground here until late Oct or November - But maybe we'll focus on celebrating what the coming snow means rather than dreading the short days of winter - more snow on the ground does mean more light a snowless winter is sooo dreary.)
Where are you?!?? Ds and I have only read about those in books! He has a book that my mom got him when she went to Alaska, with pull-up-the-flaps, and it has whales, Dall sheep, Narwhals....and I was under the (obviously mistaken ) assumption that Ptarmigan were prehistoric food

meet me on the Sept. thread...

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page