August Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=greenmamato2;14194314]As to the moon, I am REALLY feeling the energy today. Its *AMAZING*! I feel so enthused and on top of things, which is odd because life has been throwing some big loops out there for us lately.QUOTE]

SO with you on this! I've felt it all day, too, and I've been so productive...excellent!

I'm trying to buy a home right now and because I'm a single parent on a teacher's salary, I can't afford much. Needless to say, finding a house in my price range in neighborhoods that are safe and zoned to good schools has been challenging even in my small(ish) community. I put an offer on a great house earlier this week and got the counter back today. Lo and behold, I found ANOTHER great house today! Now decisions must be made! Excitement!!

Mama to an angel boy and a pixie girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentC View Post
I've got to hit the sack, but wanted to mention that the moon is amazing here in Texas! She is absolutely beautiful and steaming through my window. I love that the moonbeams settle on my daughter's crib while she sleeps. I don't know about anyone else, but that ol' grandmother moon is sure making me feel happy and lovey and grateful!
I'm in TX too and I was totally amazed by the moon about a week ago halfway through her cycle. It's been a long time since I've really kept up with the phases, but seeing the beauty of the moon during this cycle has definitely been a pick-me-up.

I'm D, wife to my "Gryffindor" since 12/12/08, mother of my DD "The Whoa" since 1/4/05 and my DS "Loafie" since 3/24/09. : And now expecting "Blueberry" on 6/22/10
#63 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Nicole--good luck with the job! Are you a midwife??
Not a midwife...yet. Certainly something I am working towards. Currently I am a childbirth educator and doula...as well as in the military...plus stay at home mom haha What a combination

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I can't remember the actual name of the song but the lyrics go: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, You're never gonna keep me down."
Well, this time I'm just fed up with constantly being knocked down. I'm just so tired of it.
mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Hey mama's, just a quick note to let y'all know all is well with me. I'm in Georgia with my boys now.. we conquered the beach last weekend and loved it. Jonathan wasn't supposed to make it to the airport due to his court date... but while I was waiting for my luggage there was a tap on my shoulder & there he was : Very teary mom moment for me, but it was great. 2 weeks is going to be way too short, but better than nothing I have less than one week left already. I'm borrowing Jon's computer right now, and then we're off to buy groceries.. I'm teaching him how to make my awesome lasagna tonight I'm just about broke now lol, but we have had a brilliant time so far. Sorry I've been so non involved for the last few weeks mama's, I'm sure when I get home that will change : Miss you all!
That sounds fantastic! Enjoy every little bit of that time together mama and the lasagna too

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
May I join you? I have been pagan since middle school, but have through the years stopped practicing/celebrating sabbats, etc.. I would really like to start getting back in touch with my spirituality, and I would also like to stop celebrating the Christian/secular holidays and start to celebrate the ones I actually believe in. It is hard because I don't know but a handful of pagans IRL. I really don't want my children to grow up taking part in so much of the mindless consumerism. So, give some encouragement please ladies!
Merry Meet! We still celebrate other holidays because DHs family does...but just Christmas and Easter. They aren't very spiritual people but they do like to get together around those times (but especially Christmas) and we make some great food and really get to connect with family we haven't seen in some time, so that is always nice. Not to mention they are in the North (of Canada) and we get to play in tons of snow.

We went for a family walk last night in the light of the Full Moon and we did a bit of meditation to this great CD DH picked up with Aboriginal music. I just love their drums...or drums as a whole. I did take a few African drumming courses while in university which were so much fun...even one while pregnant and DD now loves to drum There is just something grounding about it, drumming with your hands, the sound...it all comes together. Same with sacred circle dancing. I've only done it a few times but since the pattern repeats, your whole body really can just let go of anything it is holding on to, as can your mind.

I think if DD has a long nap, I'm going to re-read some camps from last summer and since I wasn't here then, I can do some of that or at least make notes. It was such a fantastic read last time but I want to do the work that goes with it.

The care provider we met yesterday was fantastic with DD. Her program is in French, but DH and I are bilingual so that's fine. She was super interactive and the space was great. She provided us lots of information too...now we just wait for the phone to ring!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#64 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM

How embarrassing. I forgot to look at the moon before going to bed last night. I was so tired, I just crawled into bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Woke up to a delightfully cool, dry morning. Hooray! The temp is already climbing though.

We are supposed to have a playdate today but I overbooked. I'm also supposed to go into town and chat with a manager about a job. It's not an official appointment but I think I need to push the playdate back. It's pretty important that I chat with the manager so that I can figure out whether it's worth working there (the pay is lousy).
Oh my, I'm babbling. Don't mind me, just typing out loud. giggle.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#65 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Twas overcast last night so I couldn't see the moon directly, but I could see moonbeams falling nearby and the illumination of the clouds was nonetheless inspiring.

After getting everyone off to dreamy-land I was able to sit on the deck for an hour or so and talk to the moon and the Great Spirit. I would have stayed longer but my issues had been resolved by then and I was tired of being a bug-buffet.

I really thought I'd cry hard and ugly and blow into a million little pieces and wait to be put back together in some better way. But the strong message I got was that I was not broken in the first place, so why would I need reassembly?

I was able to meditate on my past (horrific childhood full of abuse that still lingers in my spirit) and put more of it behind me. Sometimes it is hard to see that one didn't deserve the abuse and that it is ok to move on. I needed to be reminded that I live with no one who wishes to hurt me anymore. I needed to see that I can express love and joy and silliness and anything I truly feel because those spiritually-empty people (my parents) are no longer able to hurt me.

I was able to get messages about each of my children and why they were gifted to me specifically...what it is about my spirit and person that they really truly need and how I can best facilitate their own unique paths. Each of them (like indeed each child) has their own destiny and divinity to follow. My constant goal is to not create obstacles to their finding their own way. I've send more than 2 decades trying to free myself from the crap heaped on me by those spiritually-empty parents...I will not make the same mistake with these children.

It was a good, cleansing time. It was a time of renewal and redemption and focusing my passions and my strengths in a forward motion.

A state of constant wellness and balance is hard to maintain...it may even be impossible without equally constant refillings...

Off to begin implementing all that I was shown and all that I understand differently today.

blessed be,

Maryhippie.gif

#66 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 09:08 AM

Hi Mamas I am subbing in to read through the thread right now...but just a quick 'intro'--I'm Jenny and have been 'without a spiritual path' for my whole life, but about a year ago started really heading towards being Pagan and raising our family that way. I am still learning, and look forward to learning from you ladies as well! I am currently reading 'Pagan Parenting' and am really enjoying it. I do have a question--how do you incorporate more (Pagan) traditions and rituals in your family? I find it hard to 'start' traditions, as if it isn't authentic or something. This has kind of been my big holdup over this past year.....

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#67 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
Not a midwife...yet. Certainly something I am working towards. Currently I am a childbirth educator and doula...as well as in the military...plus stay at home mom haha What a combination
Wow! Mark me as VERY impressed! I was able to VBAC, unmedicated, all natural, when I had my daughter and I think in large, LARGE part because I had an experienced doula who recognized that I was going into transition when the nurses thought it was too soon. I : doulas!! Keep us posted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Twas overcast last night so I couldn't see the moon directly, but I could see moonbeams falling nearby and the illumination of the clouds was nonetheless inspiring.

After getting everyone off to dreamy-land I was able to sit on the deck for an hour or so and talk to the moon and the Great Spirit. I would have stayed longer but my issues had been resolved by then and I was tired of being a bug-buffet.

I really thought I'd cry hard and ugly and blow into a million little pieces and wait to be put back together in some better way. But the strong message I got was that I was not broken in the first place, so why would I need reassembly?

I was able to meditate on my past (horrific childhood full of abuse that still lingers in my spirit) and put more of it behind me. Sometimes it is hard to see that one didn't deserve the abuse and that it is ok to move on. I needed to be reminded that I live with no one who wishes to hurt me anymore. I needed to see that I can express love and joy and silliness and anything I truly feel because those spiritually-empty people (my parents) are no longer able to hurt me.

I was able to get messages about each of my children and why they were gifted to me specifically...what it is about my spirit and person that they really truly need and how I can best facilitate their own unique paths. Each of them (like indeed each child) has their own destiny and divinity to follow. My constant goal is to not create obstacles to their finding their own way. I've send more than 2 decades trying to free myself from the crap heaped on me by those spiritually-empty parents...I will not make the same mistake with these children.

It was a good, cleansing time. It was a time of renewal and redemption and focusing my passions and my strengths in a forward motion.

A state of constant wellness and balance is hard to maintain...it may even be impossible without equally constant refillings...

Off to begin implementing all that I was shown and all that I understand differently today.

blessed be,
Mary--It sounds like last night was very powerful for you. What wonderful messages you received and what wonderful awareness you seem to have gained from them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am making an offer on the 2nd house today. I really hope it works out as it is in one of my favorite neighborhoods, has hardwood floors, lots of windows, a garage, and a HUGE and beautiful backyard (I can already see where the garden and compost will be!) It's a couple of blocks from my daughter's daycare and really conveniently located in my town...close to grocery, my work, hospital, parks, etc. And it has three bedrooms so I can have company!! I hope, I hope, I hope!! :

Happy Thursday, Mamas!

#68 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:

I am making an offer on the 2nd house today. I really hope it works out as it is in one of my favorite neighborhoods, has hardwood floors, lots of windows, a garage, and a HUGE and beautiful backyard (I can already see where the garden and compost will be!) It's a couple of blocks from my daughter's daycare and really conveniently located in my town...close to grocery, my work, hospital, parks, etc. And it has three bedrooms so I can have company!! I hope, I hope, I hope!! :

Happy Thursday, Mamas!
Oh, all appendages and digits crossed for you. Finding the right home is so important. This home we bought in April has so been a part of my healing process.

Maryhippie.gif

#69 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 PM

sigh. trying a new browser, and it wont let me reply.....

yay for houses and healing! i've been "waiting" for a house to help my own healing... but it hasnt happened yet... thankfully i have tapping/eft.

congrats, maia! and yay shoes!

eta: ah-ha! it let me reply! wheeee!

jenny/hm~ welcome! i wrote out something before about seasons and finding traditions... just go thru them and see what sparks/fits you and yours, try it, see what sticks-- mainly, have fun!
#70 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 PM

wow, you all werent kidding when you said it was slow.

i just spent five bazillion dollars on swimsuits (you know, the old "order one of each style in each color, because i am so not good at telling what i'll like till i have it on?" libra, yep, that's me, lol!)... and thought i'd come de-stress here, but really? no posts. wow.

well, hope you're all birthing babes or having wonderful early weekends or something! we're off on a little weekend-get-a-way tomorrow-- yes, we did just get back from about a month away... heehee. building up for the last long haul of dh finishing school.... :
#71 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 08:05 PM

Welcome Natural Mama and Highland Mum (and any other "new to the thread" folk I missed or who are still lurking )!

Yay for houses (hope the offer is accepted!) and for healing full moon visions. And yay for comfy shoes, flattering swimsuits, and emotionally re-charging family moments. The moon herself wasn't visible for some reason last night, but everything seemed to glow and shimmer and shine. It was really neat. Especially once I took my glasses off and things got even more "artistic". Sort of like being inside a Monet painting. Especially this one section of woods across the street from our home... it almost looked like a waterfall of moonlight the way the light was dripping down from leaf to leaf between the much darker shadows of two other trees.

~~~~~~~~~
I had my 40 week visit today and silly babe has decided he doesn't like being anterior anymore. Last week he had flipped to a posterior position and despite the spinning babies this week he is not only posterior but he is almost transverse. So send some "move into position" vibes please! None of the local hospitals will attend a vbac mama after 41 weeks (my provider is willing to fudge the dates and call me 40 weeks again next week, but if babe is still funky at that visit they'll want to discuss scheduling a c/s for the following week) and a malpositioned babe often gestates "long". ROM makes it harder for a babe to move into a better position and both my previous births started with sROM. And given the way my last vbac played out, no one is comfortable with my having a prolonged active/pushing phase... and a malpositioned babe often leads to a longer labor which, in my case, would mean a rc/s. So I basically need to get this babe lined up and out in the next week! Any ideas?

~~~~
Family traditions- honestly, I like Celebrating the Great Mother since it provides lots of seasonal/earth focused family activities for kids of all ages without the vibe that these are "historic" or "religious" or anything but nice ways to honor the changing seasons and shift the focus of family activities. Actually, I got a copy of the book long before I had kids just because I wanted to use the ideas for myself. Plus I really like the author (she has an amazing cookbook, and a fun tarot game book as well though these can be ahrder to find).

Another "classic" book for introducing ritual to children (or vice versa) is Circle Round. I do enjoy this book as well, but it is very much the product of the Reclaiming tradition of witchcraft. I was a member of a Reclaiming group for many years, and still describe a lot of my practice as being "Reclaiming inspired", but it's certainly not a path that will appeal to everyone. The book would still "work" as a general pagan/family book (it has songs, recipes, crafts, and stories for the major holidays and for certain life events) but since it is written as part of an established tradition it might have the "made up" vibe you're trying to avoid.

Reclaiming does have a number of cds as well and my girls enjoy several of the chants. They sing along in the car, or while walking, (though right now dd1 is obsessed with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and sings it more or less non-stop) and that's another way to wrap "pagan" messages into the day.

I'm a big fan of just working things into the day/routine... either through story or explicit discussion or just by show/tell. Like, stirring things in a clockwise direction to "pull in" postive energies. Or leaving a small bit of food and drink outside for the Good Neighbors. Or blessing the Moon each night before sleep. Or braiding good dreams into the girls' hair in the evenings or brushing out fairy knots in the morning (each knot represents something they learned in a dream, and it's amazing how still they sit while I work out the knots because they are trying to remember what bit of dream is wrapped up in that knot ). Just little rituals and routines that will form a foundation for whatever religious or spiritual structure they decide to build.

~~~~~~

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#72 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM

ahh. babes and positioning. i am so not the person to give advice on that one, lol... my babe refused to respond to any of the "usual" methods. but since then i've heard of a couple i would have tried...

one's a bit... wacko, no offence to those who do it (ok, i've done it, lol)... it's called a MAP session, and *suposedly* it has turned babes that "nothing else would"....

the other thing (and you probably would have guessed this) is tapping.

(oh, and one more, but i'm guessing it's not within your "grasp" so to speak... is to get a dolphin to do it. aparently, dolphins will correctly position babes with their sonar......) :

turn, babe, turn!!!
#73 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I'm a big fan of just working things into the day/routine... either through story or explicit discussion or just by show/tell. Like, stirring things in a clockwise direction to "pull in" postive energies. Or leaving a small bit of food and drink outside for the Good Neighbors. Or blessing the Moon each night before sleep. Or braiding good dreams into the girls' hair in the evenings or brushing out fairy knots in the morning (each knot represents something they learned in a dream, and it's amazing how still they sit while I work out the knots because they are trying to remember what bit of dream is wrapped up in that knot ). Just little rituals and routines that will form a foundation for whatever religious or spiritual structure they decide to build.
love love love love this.
#74 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
wow, you all werent kidding when you said it was slow. :
I kept checking this afternoon and thinking the same thing! I guess we've hit the dog days of summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I had my 40 week visit today and silly babe has decided he doesn't like being anterior anymore. Last week he had flipped to a posterior position and despite the spinning babies this week he is not only posterior but he is almost transverse. So send some "move into position" vibes please! None of the local hospitals will attend a vbac mama after 41 weeks (my provider is willing to fudge the dates and call me 40 weeks again next week, but if babe is still funky at that visit they'll want to discuss scheduling a c/s for the following week) and a malpositioned babe often gestates "long". ROM makes it harder for a babe to move into a better position and both my previous births started with sROM. And given the way my last vbac played out, no one is comfortable with my having a prolonged active/pushing phase... and a malpositioned babe often leads to a longer labor which, in my case, would mean a rc/s. So I basically need to get this babe lined up and out in the next week! Any ideas?
I don't have any pearls of wisdom, but I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You are certainly blessed to have a provider who is willing to help you VBAC. I was told by two docs in my town that there is simply no doctor in the entire community who is "willing to stay with a VBAC patient for the duration of the labor". So if I have another baby (and I really hope to one day), I'll have to go to another city to get care/give birth.....American health care is crazy!! Straight c-r-a-z-y!!

Quote:
Family traditions- honestly, I like Celebrating the Great Mother since it provides lots of seasonal/earth focused family activities for kids of all ages without the vibe that these are "historic" or "religious" or anything but nice ways to honor the changing seasons and shift the focus of family activities.
This is on my wish list to get, glad to hear a personal review!

Quote:
These are all wonderful, really wonderful examples! It's the simple things that will stay with them as they grow up and it's the simple things that they will pass on to their kids. When my daughter was first born, I realized that I sang her the same lullaby that my mother sang me....and I hadn't heard it in YEARS! The simple things, ya know?!

Quote:
(oh, and one more, but i'm guessing it's not within your "grasp" so to speak... is to get a dolphin to do it. aparently, dolphins will correctly position babes with their sonar......) :

turn, babe, turn!!!
This completely cracked me up!!

~~~~~~~

No house news yet, but the contract has been presented to the owners. I should hear something tomorrow morning. This is the fourth house I've put an offer on so I'm just praying this one works out. I'm ready to be in my own home!

#75 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
I was able to meditate on my past (horrific childhood full of abuse that still lingers in my spirit) and put more of it behind me. Sometimes it is hard to see that one didn't deserve the abuse and that it is ok to move on.
I was able to get messages about each of my children and why they were gifted to me specifically...what it is about my spirit and person that they really truly need and how I can best facilitate their own unique paths.
What an amazing time you had! Wow.
Even though you haven't been here that long, you sound like such an amazing mama. I'm so sorry about your childhood-- as we all know, from being mamas, childhood is so special and children are gifts-- know that you are a gift, and were then, even though it's only being recognized now

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmum View Post
I do have a question--how do you incorporate more (Pagan) traditions and rituals in your family? I find it hard to 'start' traditions, as if it isn't authentic or something. This has kind of been my big holdup over this past year.....
MM and welcome!
I dunno...I'm one of those that likes to start traditions
How old are your kiddos?
I think starting something new in my own little family IS authentic. Kind of an oxymoron, a tradition being authentic, now I'm getting all proper and correct on you, sorry I'm sure Wombat will chime in on whether I'm grammatically right or not, on that score, heehee :P

Quote:
I am making an offer on the 2nd house today. I really hope it works out
: good luck!

Quote:
i've been "waiting" for a house to help my own healing... but it hasnt happened yet... thankfully i have tapping/eft.
well...you could move to Asheville, you know

Quote:
I had my 40 week visit today and silly babe has decided he doesn't like being anterior anymore.

Another "classic" book for introducing ritual to children (or vice versa) is Circle Round. I do enjoy this book as well, but it is very much the product of the Reclaiming tradition of witchcraft. I was a member of a Reclaiming group for many years, and still describe a lot of my practice as being "Reclaiming inspired", but it's certainly not a path that will appeal to everyone. The book would still "work" as a general pagan/family book (it has songs, recipes, crafts, and stories for the major holidays and for certain life events) but since it is written as part of an established tradition it might have the "made up" vibe you're trying to avoid.
TURN, little one!

I am not, nor have I ever been, a Reclaiming Witch-- I'm one of the general/Pagan/family people, and I love love love Circle Round! My copy is super dog-eared. Been using it for eight years! Fantastic source, IMO. The CD, too!

Quote:
turn, babe, turn!!!
ok, why am i humming a Byrds tune, now? :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#76 of 519 Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 PM

I was checking here today too hoping someone had written. haha

Clay - Have you tried a bag of peas (or other cold object)?. You can hold it to your babe to encourage them to move head down again (they generally try to move away from the cold source). You can also spend some time on all fours - this allows babe to have a little more wiggle room and hopefully get back into position. Those are some easy less invasive ways...external versions do work too but you would have to find someone who can do them and that may mean $$...the other options are easy to do at home. I'm sending you lots of in the right position vibes and not past 41 week vibes

Yay for the house, the healing, and the joy today!

Hope everyone has a magical night! :

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#77 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 01:13 AM

There is an amazing thunderstorm here right now. I wish you all could see it. It feels very cleansing, I love it!

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#78 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 AM

I also would recommend Circle Round! Its really awesome. I don't have it anymore because I lent it out and it wasn't returned. Maybe I should go buy it again! lol. It isn't focused on one type of paganism. I think it says that it is for all earth/goddess based traditions.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#79 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 AM

Turn baby turn. (My son was generally head down - but was still doing full circle somersaults up to my due date, maybe past I don't recall - so they can definitely move if so motivated - at he as 8.25 pounds so a tiny thing.)

We are having the most spectacular sunset. Pale orange clouds have just darkened to a deep rose. Earlier the sun made all of of the birch trees a glowing gold and then an intense rainbow appeared thicker than I've ever seen. I probably won't get to see the moon tonight unless the clouds clear though. I've definitely felt a strong burst of energy as well.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#80 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
So I basically need to get this babe lined up and out in the next week! Any ideas?

~~~~
Family traditions- honestly, I like Celebrating the Great Mother

Another "classic" book for introducing ritual to children (or vice versa) is Circle Round.
~~~~~~
Do you know of anyone near you who can do moxibustion (sp?)
IIRC it's an old eastern-medicine strategy for, among other things, getting babies to turn. Our family doc back in Indiana was also an herbalist and acupunturist and did Mox as well. Oh...and that reminds me, acupuncturists can help a baby turn as well. And chiropractors! I have 2 mama friends who's babies turned after an alignment.

Thanks for the book recs! I have Circle Round and will take a look at 'great mother.'

Turn baby, turn.

Maryhippie.gif

#81 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
What an amazing time you had! Wow.
Even though you haven't been here that long, you sound like such an amazing mama. I'm so sorry about your childhood-- as we all know, from being mamas, childhood is so special and children are gifts-- know that you are a gift, and were then, even though it's only being recognized now
Thanks.

I've been on a mission to not let my childhood define me, but keep the lessons/wisdom that it gifted me as a way to inform my own choices. Sometimes that is to intellectual and I just need to cry about all that I lost.

But times like the other night help me to see how the Great Spirit can use these horrible things to create beautiful ones.

Maryhippie.gif

#82 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 AM

Hi everyone. Been reading just not posting.

Dd just put in Princess Bride- nice way to start the morning.

Clay- hrm, Erin turned during labor and I didn't even know it. She was posterior with a very odd angle, which made for lots of prodominal(sp) labor but once the day came, she moved sometime between 4 and 7 according to my midwife. I had no idea it happened. I did spinning babies and all kinds of stuff to convince her to move.

Aweyn- floating with dolphins while super prego would be awesome.

House- sending good house vibes! Having a house can be stressful at times but I love being able to do what I want with the property and painting and such.

Welcome Pagan Mamas who have so recently joined this awesome group!

Well, after more coffee it is back to sewing- the girls are entering a Laura Ingalls Wilder contest on Sunday.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#83 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 AM

We have been taking family walks in the evening to put DD to sleep. It is a great time for us to make sure we get some exercise as well as time for DH and I to talk without any interruptions. It really has been lovely.

Today is another beautiful day...and we are expecting rain all weekend. I think today DD and I will go out and end up at the library. All that talk about good books makes me want to take a peek at them again. I really need to invest in a copy!

Tomorrow I am teaching newborn care and breastfeeding...then I am going to one of my co-leaders homes to do some comfort measures with her since she is due in September

I've been reading last year's camp (for the second time) and I am making the binder. DH (he is very very military lol) wants to call it **** (family name) Joint Task Force Headquarters. haha then he tells me it really is a joint task force because we are from two different elements. I'm trying to find what I want to put in, but I do have some things worked out. Hopefully this is a good project to get us ready for September!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

#84 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Clay- Hope the babe turns and gets into proper position very soon!

Welcome to all new members!

I'm still not working on my regular computer.

Does anyone know if I can use a regular router for a Mac or does it have to be specific for Mac's?

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#85 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 AM

ahh, there you all are, lol.

a~i know. if i'd known that it was even possible to birth with dolphins, i think i might just have quit my job and moved to hawaii.

ok, so when i said "all the usual methods" i was meaning maxa, webster, peas, music, lights, tilting, walking, version (though late term they typically wont do it, esp with "large babes"), etc, etc, etc..... i forget not everyone has personally experienced this and doesnt know all that. so, sorry bout that. i tend to uh, skip details (n vs s for the meyers briggs fans).

i'm up and wanting to hit the road, but the boys are still sleeping! so i guess i'll hit the garden and do some yoga! happy weekend all!
:

ps. mary, have you heard of eft/tapping? doesnt really sound like you "need" it... but it's an amazing tool to have... "just in case". (try checking out tapping dot com, if you've no clue what i'm talking about....)
#86 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM

I realized that yesterday was our two month wedding anniversary...so in that light...I've added some photos here for your viewing pleasure

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3935038...n/photostream/

#87 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I've been reading last year's camp (for the second time) and I am making the binder. DH (he is very very military lol) wants to call it **** (family name) Joint Task Force Headquarters. haha then he tells me it really is a joint task force because we are from two different elements. I'm trying to find what I want to put in, but I do have some things worked out. Hopefully this is a good project to get us ready for September!
Oh my goodness! I just checked out the camp thread for the binder last year....I have decided to throw out all of my plans for the morning to focus on the binder! I love organization! Seriously, the fact that the stores have put out their "back to school" aisles with the paper and the pencils and the binders and the locker organizers and the clipboards makes me giddy.....I LOVE IT!! And since I'm preparing to buy a home and will really, truly be on my own as a single parent, the more organized, the better!

Quote:
ps. mary, have you heard of eft/tapping? doesnt really sound like you "need" it... but it's an amazing tool to have... "just in case". (try checking out tapping dot com, if you've no clue what i'm talking about....)
Just wanted to add that my therapist and I have tapped during sessions and I've found it to be incredibly effective. I have tapped when stressing about the ol' ex-husband and it's helped. It's really nice to release that energy.

~~~~~~
Still waiting to hear about the house. I must work on my patience! LOL

Off to read about organizing my life!! Wheeee!!

#88 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I realized that yesterday was our two month wedding anniversary...so in that light...I've added some photos here for your viewing pleasure

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3935038...n/photostream/
Nicole, you were a beautiful bride! I love the tartan! Congrats!!

#89 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Thanks all!

I do know (and have been using) the "usual suspects"... moxibustion and acupressure, homeopathics, spinning babies and optimal fetal positioning, visualization and self hypnosis, etc. I haven't tried the cold item up/warm item down or the flashlight trick yet (though DH has been talking to my pelvis a lot in the last few days ) since Tor isn't really breech... just sort of leaning sideways and posterior. But it's a good thought. I didn't think of tapping (duh!) and am not sure I can find a dolphin in the farmland of central NY but I'll see what I can do! Since I'm a vbac most providers wont consider an external version (though I guess ACOG just decided that in some very limited cases an ECV can be used with a vbac mama) and while I wish I could afford chiro or an acupuncture session that isn't an option at the moment. But I'm going to keep telling the babe great things about being born, and how much more fun it'll be to get born while properly aligned instead of headbanging his way into a surgical birth like his biggest sister did. So keep those vibes coming!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#90 of 519 Old 08-07-2009, 04:36 PM

I'm always lurking! Blessed be to all of you!

WombatClay, have you heard of using a rebozo to help position the babe? It's a giant cloth, basically, that your partner can use on you to gently nudge the babe into a more optimal position. Best of luck!

Come ponder with me about food!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page