Thought we should start a new thread!!

Have a fab Lammas all!!! :

Peace- Heather
#2 of 519 Old 08-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HAPPY HOLY DAY(S)!

And on a personal note... I'm gonna have a baby at some point in this month/thread! I can't wait to meet this munchkin (and get re-acquainted with my toes).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We've only seen one-two ants since we removed the colony, about half the ceiling is covered and DH thinks the other half will go faster. And you know what I realized? This year I put my treasure map on the same shiny aluminum bublle wrap stuff as DH is useing to replace the roof/ceiling/walls. Dh noticed too and started the wondering process...

deer- I'm ok with hunting for the table. And I understand the need to control deer populations in regions where population density prevents hunting. I just think the compromise "solution" of baiting AND sterilizing doesn't make sense.

Beads- I made a nifty necklace/pendulum yesterday using amber and little green and red seed beads. I did buy one bead (the nest with eggs that is the image off my treasure map) to act as the base of the pendulum and combine the earthy/harvest/Teltain fires energies with the birth/nesting/maternal energies. I think it works.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 519 Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 PM

greetings, ladies!

hope everyone had a good july and is having a blessed beginning to august!

our trip was fantastic... i very much did not want to come back but we're getting settled back in.

looks like camp sort of fell flat? hope nothing bad happened to make it that way...

clay-- happy almost meeting babe time! huzzah!
#4 of 519 Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM

Happy Lughnasadh all! If I can get over my nausea, I will be baking some nice wheat bread today. For right now, I'm just eating fruit to celebrate the harvest. Probably no ritual or anything, but I'll light a candle and maybe do a Tarot reading for the baby.

Wombat-I'm glad to hear the ants are clearing up. I kept following your saga and started looking at the tiny ants around my kitchen sink with a watchful eye. For some reason, I kept getting a mental picture that your house was starting to look like this .

aweynsayl- glad your trip was fun! Yeah, I'm still hoping camp will turn itself around. :P

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#5 of 519 Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 PM

Clay- wondering if today could be the day....

Well, we ended up spending the day in the yard- not a bad thing- but not what I was planning to do. Going to listen to Celtic music tomorrow though and that will be good.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#6 of 519 Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 PM

I should check the forum more often at the turn of the month. I kept looking at the July thread and wondering if Wombatclay was off having a baby! LOL

My folks made some fabulous shish kabobs tonight with yummy pineapples, purple onions, green bell pepper! Even though there was chicken and steak on it, I really loved the grilled veggies and fruit....so much so that I think I might go have some more! I have been craving salad and fresh foods a lot lately....I think my body was trying to remind me that it needed more than coffee to keep going (oh, but I do love my coffee!)

I think I'll go light a candle, say a prayer and that will be the extent of my Lammas ritual this year. My sweet little daughter's routine was interrupted today and it made for a very discontented and clingly baby girl. Thankfully my mother offered to put her down for the evening and told me to go watch a movie....I was feeling a bit stressed so the break was very welcomed!

Happy Lammas and Happy August (August?! Already?!)

Mama to an angel boy and a pixie girl
#7 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 12:07 AM

Amby- I soooooo need that poster for the wall!

My due date is August 7th so.... no baby yet and I'm trying to stay very zen about it. But my handy dandy pendulum did suggest August 2nd so we'll see. I need to get some projects lined up though since I'm running out of "fun things to do while still pregnant" ideas. Hanging drywall just doesn't do it for me anymore, you know?

I got a link to the website with my "prenantal clay" photos and while there are a few where I look like the Buffy monster of the week, there are about 20-30 that are absolutely amazing! I mean seriously amazing. I'll talk with the photographer and see how I might go about sharing them with you all.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#8 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 AM

I posted on the July thread yesterday because I forgot once again.

If it doesn't rain and if it's not too humid, we will walk into town to eat some sort of baked good. No way can I bake bread (or anything else) because it's too darn hot/humid.
I envy people who have central a/c.

I got my hair cut/colored yesterday and that's how I celebrated the day. It was CHEAP.

I also splurged on myself and bought a necklace. Granted, it wasn't pricey but when you're on a strict budget, anything over that is pricey. heh heh.

The pendant is round. Sterling silver. It has a cut-out of a woman leaping for joy under a cut-out of a tree. It's beautiful. And it was only $39. Handmade by a local artist. My camera is terrible so I doubt I can get a good pic of it.
I felt so guilty about buying it that I'm considering returning it.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#9 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 09:58 AM

Happy August everyone!!

And thanks for the link. You'd think with an August 1st bday it would have been obvious to me that it WAS August...nope.

We asked eldest child what he wanted to do with his birthday (our tradition) and he asked to if we could 'please go to the beach.' We live close enough to the Chesapeake Bay to go to the beach 2 or 3 times each year and we'd only been once so far.

So we collected ourselves, snacks, swim trunks and headed out. When we stopped along the way for food I told the wee ones about Lammas/Lughnasadh and talked about how grateful I am for the food that we have to eat.

We also talked about how important the sun is to the whole 'food growing endeavor' and how appropriate it was that we were also going to be doing some Lammas-sun-worshippping at the beach.

While we were at the beach (and the wee ones were gleefully playing in the waves) I was digging my toes deep in to the hot sand and thinking about all the riches before me. There was the beautiful, hot, life-giving sun and the even more awesome great breeze to keep us from sweltering.

I thought much about Mother Earth and Father Sun. But as I watched wave after wave come lapping up to us at the water's edge, I also thought about Sister Moon and her constant influence on many things, including the movement of the waters all around Mother Earth.

One time when the wee ones were near me digging in the sand (jellyfish spotted in the water and they needed to give it time to move on) we talked about the difference between soil and sand and why food doesn't grow on the beach. At their ages (10, 6, 2) all these mini-lessons must be both short and very, very concrete.

On the drive back home we were blessed with a wonderful, clear view of Sister Moon.

What a fantastic day.

Clay...I hope you are in labor or very soon to be...

Maryhippie.gif

#10 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
DOK-sounds like a beautiful necklace! We also don't have central air, but it's been oddly cool this July so we have only put the window unit on a couple of times...weird.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#11 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Pooka Pages! http://www.pookapages.com/MagazinePage.htm

enjoy! this one looks like a great one.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#12 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM

subbing :

Valérie   
#13 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 06:27 PM

I went panning today and got some great stones for my altar- it was a great way to spend Lamas. Gonna leave the faeries some treats tonight

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#14 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM

#15 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ds stayed up too late on friday, was grumpy all day yesterday, so he had an early bedtime last night - so no bonfire.

but we had roasted corn on the cob and a peach-blackberry cobbler and hot spicy stir-fried veggies. well, ds had green/yellow beans. we also went to a farm to pick up some chickens - and ds declared the 4 yr old farm kid as his new best friend.

today, ds and i reconnected with wild nature right in the middle of suburbia. we went to 3 parks, and found a nature walk/jogging path that was adjacent to a stream. well, boys + streams + beautiful day = boy in water. at least, he didn't fall in, just walked in the water with a stick he found (what is it with boys and sticks and rocks?). though he almost fell - quite a few times.

dh is working frantically to get a way to manage his servers at work (more specifically, his terabytes of data) before we leave on tuesday to visit family, so he's been pretty much awol but at home for the past few weekends. he comes down to forage...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#16 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 08:05 PM

bluets- what is it with kids and sticks and rocks? Erin has been interested in rocks since spring- and she isn't yet 2.

#17 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Epona- Holy smilies, Batman!

#18 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 10:35 PM

I may be offline for a day or two while I switch my internet to a different company. I hope setting up won't be confusing or difficult. We shall see.

#19 of 519 Old 08-02-2009, 11:27 PM

*lurks back in*

Hi all. So...today I found out that my ex is back in the country and quite possibly with his GF. I went yesterday to do a walk through of the place I shared with him and the locks were changed again, after I texted the landlady back (she sent a 2 page text) saying I would give her the keys when I got the last of my things. *sigh*

I am feeling pretty lost. I miss my ex. I still love him. I wish this could go amicably, but his PTSD and other issues (GF for one) are preventing that. I know things will work out the way they are supposed to, I just wish it would hurry up and do that already. I so do not have any patience. Not after basically 2 deployments and being put through hell.

Enough with my whining. The weather here has been downright HOT as Hades. Not normal for our neck of the woods. Right now I have three fans going in my room. One is in my window pulling cold air in, I have a tower fan pointing directly at me and the ceiling fan is circulating it all. Total overkill, but since I have my nephew here right now, its needed. Kid sweats a ton. We went to the beach today and *gasp* I wore my tankini and took off ALL my clothes to hang out in it! Totally amazing.

I am trying really hard to stay positive and rediscover who I am. Not really sure how to do that

Anyway, new month, new pieces of me to discover, right?

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#20 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 AM

Hi All! So glad to see the August thread up and going. I am committing to focusing more on my spiritual growth this month, delving deeper into understanding and learning, and also experiencing more.

Do you all have any daily routines that you like to do to help you stay focused? I am going to impliment a meditation time, certainly. Anything else I can do?
#21 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM

Bella -- I saw a card in a neat little herbal shop I went to yesterday. I picked one up for my friend back in Indiana who is having a rough time of it lately:

"When you're going through hell....keep going"
~ Winston Churchill

It made me laugh out loud. And it is true. My friend and I talk about the need to not be stuck in any situation...but you really don't want to be stuck in hell.

Off to enjoy a (hopefully) quiet Monday at home with the babies.

Maryhippie.gif

#22 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 AM

: After a weekend at work, i am reading and catchig up with everyone... Good morning

good witch
#23 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Mary- love the academy name- I never gave our school a name. We did some waldorf, nature table etc but over the summer it has dwindled to nothing. *sigh* I changed my space but not the kids. Just couldn't keep up.

Bella- remember, this is a process, allow yourself to feel what you feel. you don't have to get stuck in the feeling but acknowledge it. *hugs*

DOK- I hope everything goes well for you. We had nothing but problem when we had cable.

#24 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say Hi while I can. Cable guy is supposed to be here sometime between 11-3. Why can't they just give you a 1 hr window? Good grief.
Anyway, here's hoping that everything gets sets up (and works) without a problem.

I have so much to do today (inside) but I know ds will go stir crazy if I keep him in all day. Le Sigh.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day!

#25 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 PM

DoK- hope the switch goes smoothly! A lot of the delivery/service people around her give "six hour" delivery windows. It drives me crazy when they say "We'll be there between 8am and 2pm". It's insane and totally kills the day in terms of getting other things done.

Our sleep loft is almost all back together! : No more ants, a ceiling, walls, even a little tiny bit of nesting. My altar is in a new spot and set up again, the baby's stuff is sort of kind of in order, and really things are looking up. Of course, there's nothing like a solid week of construction debris/nasty biting bugs/sleeping on the floor/distracting munchkins/going nuts to make a return to relative chaos look like a pleasure cruise! I'm sure that if the sleep loft had been this messy two weeks ago I would have flipped out over the lack of order, but this has totally restored (or at least re-calibrated) my hormonal nesting levels.

Though I completely forgot this morning's OT for dd2... the therapist arrived and we were all still asleep in bed. ACK!!!! So DH threw on pants and apologized and she left but oh dear... brain no work so good!

daily ritual routines- Well, everything has been so jubled recently I've gotten pretty bad about my rituals. But as a kitchen witch a lot of stuff is just worked into the day automatically. In terms of "ritual ritual" elements I do pull a card for the day each morning (usually one card for each member of the family and then an overall card) and a cleansing in the shower each evening. During the day I use my seasonal beads (which I wear as a necklace or bracelet) as a pendulum for quick check-ins or questions that may have come up. I usually do an evening meditation (just a few minutes) but recently I've been going straight to my hypnobabies cds since I just don't have enough time.

#26 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 PM

Well, he got here earlier than expected. Trouble is, my computer has to be near the tv. Not good. So I'm going to have to move my computer desk into the living room and then push my table over. It's going to look terrible in here.

I'm on my crappy laptop right now. Now if I can just figure out how to set up/retrieve my voicemail.

#27 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 01:42 PM

#28 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 01:47 PM

i totally dont want to push this, if you all dont want to talk about it, but i am curious (and not up to reading all of the july thread to find out)... what happened with camp? i feel awful because i pushed it to happen and maybe i should have just let it die, but for me it was such a part of what made my time online worthwhile, i'm very sad to see it poof, and i feel responsible. i felt like i made it clear when i organized it that i was going to be gone a good part of the summer, but now i feel bad that i left and nothing more happened with camp. i apologize if i'm bringing up something that was a sore spot or something while i was gone, but i only got one comment, so i'm a bit worried (and a bit hurt as well, to be honest).....
#29 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM

Aweyn-camp, not sure what happened. Did someone take a week/topic and cover it? I know we have been (the group) less active as a whole. We can revive it! The dead thread can rise from the ashes, well, so to speak.

#30 of 519 Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM

Just popping in to read today's posts.

:

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page