September Pagan Circle - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liza- You're right, ds often eats lunch after recess. I'm going to get some wipes to put in his lunch/snack box.

Heather- The first thing I did this morning was to come online to check if baby had arrived. Hoping for an exciting update today!

Awey- I'll look into those.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#422 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 AM

I want real Fall, you know, the one where it is a little bit cooler than 70's, and annoying little bugs have moved on cause they don't survive in the cool weather. I live in NY and it has been warm- where are my sweaters and long sleeve shirts?

Gun- thinking of you today!

I am looking forward to the harvest moon, I want to have a bonfire and make soup. yummy

I need to catch up with the thread- take care all!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#423 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Ok Gun... baby vibes winging your way! (and an easy/peaceful birth for the birthmom too)

Epsom salts- I'll certainly up the concentration and try to get a sitz bath every night. Or at least a foot bath! I've been dry brushing before my evening shower and slathering on coconut oil after so I'll just add the epsome salts to the mini-spa.

DH brought a bunch of beads home for me last night! And a chocolate bar. Mmmmmm. Then he made a nicer meal than I had planned... instead of burgers and veggie we had baked chicken, fresh green beans with butter, homemade cranberry sauce, and fresh bread. Honey apples for dessert and then my chocolate. I have to figure out how to string the beads and make the motherhood wheel of the seasons though since I totally want to add these beads.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#424 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Goddess is good

Here I was lamenting my lack of real Autumn- yesterday we got a deluge and today we're in the 70s for the first time since maybe March? ahh. so nice. We don't have any real trees here, but I can imagine they would yellow and fall...

I'm doing a month-long trial run of vegetarian eating, just me, because I respect my family's preferences.. I'm on day 3 and so far, so good. I was also trying to go very light on the soy consumption, thankfully there are resources for that out there. I was afraid for a bit that I'd be short-changing my nutrition if I didn't include a lot of soy- I'm happy that I found alternatives.

For our Mabon meal, I served pork filets (for dh &dds), baked apples, butternut squash soup (V8!), and spice cake with walnuts. Oh, and wine, too. Good stuff! The soup was surprisingly rich- I felt at first that I'd want to add something to it, but I found it perfectly seasoned, and everybody ate it. My dh won't eat squash, but ate this. Win!

I hope other people are finding joys in simple ways, too. blessings to you all!

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#425 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Mabon salsa? I am celebrating the blessings of tomatoes, tomatoes and more tomatoes by canning more salsa. I have put up tomato stock (like veggie stock but 'mater based) tomato suace and now salsa. Next- creamed tomato soup. I am trying not to fall back on canning standard stewed tomatoes because we have several dozen quarts and pints left over from last year.

As a solitary, my celebrations are solitary as well. My family continues to be very traditional. That is okay. It needs to be because that's the way it is.

good witch
#426 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 PM

yay beads! dh just uploaded my recent pics... i did something a little different... usually i just wear a couple beads on a string, but for my birthday (oct 5) i wanted to do something special... i played around with it a bit, and came up with this... pulled some of my usual fave beads and made a big long strand to wear... remains to be seen if i actually wear them, or let them hang on the altar for a bit then cut them apart so i can wear them like i usually do, lol... (check out what one of the stones is... totally ironic, since we're talking about moving to OR, and i dream of growing holly.....)

i did finally start "working" on my year-o-project.... i water-colored a draft of my tree...

eta: speaking of trees.... i know, i know, i know, it's really early, but blame the stores for sending holiday catalogs already... check out this really sweet tree-decorating idea!

now, i just need to make that danged decision.... any other libras here to commiserate the difficulty of deciding things?

hugs and happy hump day vibes to all!
#427 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Wowsa, what a day. Oh my, I am so worn out. My kids were just awful today, plain awful! They are being quiet now, so all is good. Still, I think I lost my sanity somewhere around 11 and never got it back.

Time to let go and move on, that's all there is to it. So, breathe in-breathe out.

Once I am more centered- I will respond.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#428 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM

My kiddos are being nutsy too. Sigh.

Those beads kick butt! And very cool altar/tree.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#429 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Yule tree- I've actually been thinking of this recently. I got rid of my artificial tree last year (it was getting way too dusty, etc, being stored in the basement even in the box).
I'm allergic to pine and I'm just wondering if having a cut real tree would trigger my allergies. I don't want to get a tree that doesn't look like a christmas/yule tree. I just don't think that would be fair to ds. Don't know what to do.

#430 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 PM

I cannot believe that its fall and we're sitting at 102 in the shade at 4pm in the afternoon!!!! What is going on?!?! I would LOVE to feel 70 degrees again. Thank goodness that our air conditioner works wonderfully! Or this pregnant momma would not be so nice to be around. I get really grumpy when I'm hot and pregnant. I didn't get a chance to do anything special for Mabon because I was wiped out and went to bed early after having to go to my hospital because I thought my water broke. So I put the kids to bed at 7pm and I took a hot bath, read like only one page, and went to sleep myself. I'm starting to get tired now even as I type this.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#431 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Aeress- I would love a real fall too today we were in the 70's and super humid and we are in northern VT!!!

DaughterOfKali- One Christmas tree option that is often overlooked is to find a potted, living pine tree. You can usually find one at your local nursery. Decorate the tree and use it during the holidays. Then when they are all over, you can put it outside on the porch. Give your tree a trim next year and start it all over again.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#432 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM

a little birdy tells me that someone has good news to share. Hopefully they will do it sooooon. Because it just hit fb 15mins ago hehe

******* pretend this is not even the same post********

I'm slightly better today, although I didn't sleep well for coughing However I'm emotionally wrecked thanks to Lucas. I'm at my witts end with his behavior. They were being quiet & making toast this morning and he yells HOWDAREYOU and I hear connor wimper. Lucas HIT his brother on the hand with the blade of a butter knife and cut his palm!!!!! All because connor tried to poke a hole in the toast with his finger. What am I doing wrong to have such horribly behaved kids? honestly? I don't *think* I'm a terrible parent, but things like this are showing me that there has to be a deficit somewhere because 7yos don't just use a knife as a weapon for minor frustrations making breakfast do they? I'd really like to crawl in a hole now

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#433 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
gun

Boy -oh - boy! Whatta day! But the GRAND news is that my little one was born into this world at about 10:30 this morning and we got to meet him - oh my! is he beautiful! - at around 5p. He is a chunker 8#15oz and 21 inches long. A strapping little guy. We met his birthmom and she is a lovely woman with a kind and beautiful soul. If everything goes according to plan, we take him home with us tomorrow in the afternoon!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...q/100_0119.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...q/100_0121.jpg

Cari - I would have posted earlier, but DH called me away to eat dinner while it was hot. I won't get to eat many hot meals for awhile!!

Thank you everyone for your kindness and your support!!!

Peace- Heather
#434 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Awwww!!! He is so adorable! Thank you for posting pictures for us! I can't get over how cute he is. What is his name?

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#435 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 PM

gun, congrats!!! He's just beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#436 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM

gun- he is beautiful!!!

good witch
#437 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 PM
gun

Niles is his name.

Peace- Heather
#438 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
My ex told me he still loves me, even had my stepson give me the same message....
Wow, I wish I could say what is on my mind. He sounds like a real winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
I've had some congestion crud going on for a week. I think it is allergies - but I'm not sure if it is from mold/falling leaves or gluten.
DS also is congested - but teething is contributing.
I hope you both feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
Mabon salsa? I am celebrating the blessings of tomatoes, tomatoes and more tomatoes by canning more salsa. I have put up tomato stock (like veggie stock but 'mater based) tomato suace and now salsa. Next- creamed tomato soup. I am trying not to fall back on canning standard stewed tomatoes because we have several dozen quarts and pints left over from last year.

As a solitary, my celebrations are solitary as well. My family continues to be very traditional. That is okay. It needs to be because that's the way it is.
Lucky on the tomatoes. I pulled up 62 plants because of blight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Yule tree- I've actually been thinking of this recently. I got rid of my artificial tree last year (it was getting way too dusty, etc, being stored in the basement even in the box).
I'm allergic to pine and I'm just wondering if having a cut real tree would trigger my allergies. I don't want to get a tree that doesn't look like a christmas/yule tree. I just don't think that would be fair to ds. Don't know what to do.
My DS is allergic, so I only do artificial things in the house. I keep all my live decorations outside. I have tried to bring in only 1 or 2 things, but he can't take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
I cannot believe that its fall and we're sitting at 102 in the shade at 4pm in the afternoon!!!!
It was so muggy here today, not the temps you are suffering through, but uncomfortable, sticky, cloudy, just plan yucky.

DaughterOfKali- One Christmas tree option that is often overlooked is to find a potted, living pine tree. You can usually find one at your local nursery. Decorate the tree and use it during the holidays. Then when they are all over, you can put it outside on the porch. Give your tree a trim next year and start it all over again.[/QUOTE]

Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

I'm slightly better today, although I didn't sleep well for coughing However I'm emotionally wrecked thanks to Lucas. I'm at my witts end with his behavior. They were being quiet & making toast this morning and he yells HOWDAREYOU and I hear connor wimper. Lucas HIT his brother on the hand with the blade of a butter knife and cut his palm!!!!! All because connor tried to poke a hole in the toast with his finger. What am I doing wrong to have such horribly behaved kids? honestly? I don't *think* I'm a terrible parent, but things like this are showing me that there has to be a deficit somewhere because 7yos don't just use a knife as a weapon for minor frustrations making breakfast do they? I'd really like to crawl in a hole now
I wish I had some good advice, my kids are teens and do things to each other that make me wonder where I went wrong.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#439 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Heather- His is so sweet! Did you get to name him? I love the name Niles!

#440 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
DaughterOfKali- One Christmas tree option that is often overlooked is to find a potted, living pine tree. You can usually find one at your local nursery. Decorate the tree and use it during the holidays. Then when they are all over, you can put it outside on the porch. Give your tree a trim next year and start it all over again.

Unfortunately, I don't have a porch nor a yard to plant a tree.

#441 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Heather, congratulations on the gorgeous new addition to your family I hope all goes smoothly for everyone involved in the process and I hope meeting you reassures her that this little man will be in the most loving possible place

Off to continue pulling out my hair now. He has not stopped trying to weasel his way out of his punishment by constantly asking is dad home? when is dad coming home? but I'm lonely and bored (yes not being able to play with your brothers is a pretty natural consequence of slicing ones hand in a fit of anger I'd say, get over it) I'm feeling like a very mean mum at the moment but I am at a loss otherwise

And to top it off.. our neighbors are feral *sigh* They missed trash day last week, and a dog ripped open one of the several rubbish bags they had by the fence (that we share.. and it was stinky). DH went over & let them know we had room in our bin and that as long as there was a little room left for a bag for us, they could put their excess in there. well they didn't... now their rubbish is scattered and I'm picking up their crap from my yard

And as I was outside watering my veggies 2 kids from that yard were literally hanging over the top of the 6ft privacy fence. They asked me to throw 'their' balls back over the fence.. and proceeded to point to MY kids bouncy balls in our yard. And acted put out when I told her, sorry hun those actually belong to these guys. And proceeded to hop down and complain (at least it sounded like complaining) in their native language.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#442 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMommy80 View Post
Ok, I'm curious if any of you are primarily drawn to the more tradition style of Pagan and Wiccan Rites and Rituals? I think that from the very begining of my journey into Wicca I was very drawn to the formal ritual aspect and the illuminating energy that came with a very structured ritual.
I think what you're looking for is Gardnerian, but not absolutely positive. My Gardnerian friends say that they're not nearly as ritually structured as most, and I think they're way structured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Ok Gun... baby vibes winging your way!
OK, I totally read that as baby wipes I think I was reading too much and too fast, about handwashing and baby wipes, before this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojerleda View Post
We don't have any real trees here, but I can imagine they would yellow and fall...
Where do you live that there aren't "real trees"? Are there fake ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Wowsa, what a day. Oh my, I am so worn out. My kids were just awful today, plain awful! They are being quiet now, so all is good. Still, I think I lost my sanity somewhere around 11 and never got it back.

Time to let go and move on, that's all there is to it. So, breathe in-breathe out.

Once I am more centered- I will respond.
Oh, I SO hate that kind of day...sorry, mama. Are things better now? You need some chocolate. I don't have the Legolas link, but I'm sure someone will post it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
We got a fake one for the first time last year. We don't have allergy issues around real ones, but I was in a dilemma about spending disposable money every year, feeding the system, et cetera, vs. buying something made of petroleum and that's not real...then I "won" a fake one on Freecycle, and I thought, well, I'll just try it. We can always take it down and get a real one. Well, it turned out totally cute! And Yankee Mistletoe candle makes up for the lack of pine scent. I can't smell it after the first couple days anyway, with a real tree.
I hope you are able to solve your dilemma, DOK. I wish I had something more creative than try Freecycle for a new fake one

GUN!! How's that new babe???

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#443 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojerleda View Post
spice cake with walnuts
Homemade? That sounds heavenly, do you have a recipe??

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
#444 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
It was the same here... I'm worn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Boy -oh - boy! Whatta day! But the GRAND news is that my little one was born into this world at about 10:30 this morning and we got to meet him - oh my! is he beautiful! - at around 5p. He is a chunker 8#15oz and 21 inches long. A strapping little guy. We met his birthmom and she is a lovely woman with a kind and beautiful soul. If everything goes according to plan, we take him home with us tomorrow in the afternoon!

Cari - I would have posted earlier, but DH called me away to eat dinner while it was hot. I won't get to eat many hot meals for awhile!!

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Yule tree... I've seen rosemary's plant in the shape of trees in the past... Maybe something to look into.

Valérie   
#445 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I don't *think* I'm a terrible parent, but things like this are showing me that there has to be a deficit somewhere because 7yos don't just use a knife as a weapon for minor frustrations making breakfast do they?
Mine would, in a NY minute
Remember our PSG from hell, this summer? R told one of the triplet girls (5yo, and he's 8) that he would cut her fingers off with a chainsaw
No deficit, mama. People accuse me of same, when my kid acts like that. I totally believe it's temperament, but how do you explain that to the injured party?

Valerie, how's your mom?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#446 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

so Adorable and what a sweet name

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#447 of 595 Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 PM

is it offically wild kiddos day? do they have some way to communicate with each other and plan it? ds is *going wild* and has been unusually... bonkers... all day long!

clay, i dont think i've ever "heard" you say "kick butt" before! i'm honored!

speaking of beads... i have a slightly odd bead conundrum. i have a small handfull of beads that just dont resonate with me and so i havent found a use for, but it's gotten to the point where i feel slightly like they have some not-good energy (beyond their lack of resonating with me), so i cant bring my self to gift them... what can i do with them??

southernmommie, hugs. i cant imagine being preg in that heat.

gun, he's adorable! welcome baby niles! you've been much anticipated! i cant wait to see pics of him at home! (although i have to guffaw at the comment about his size... ds was 21 inches also, but 10lbs 15 oz. )

cari, yowza hon, hang in there!! sounds like an active day! are you feeling better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Where do you live that there aren't "real trees"? Are there fake ones?
maybe she lives near me! we have trees that look like this and this and the leaves kinda drop, but they do not change colors, well, they get sort of pale looking....
#448 of 595 Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
maybe she lives near me! we have trees that look like this and this and the leaves kinda drop, but they do not change colors, well, they get sort of pale looking....
That's the one!

I live on the US/Mexico border. Fabulous shrubs, and lots of scrubby grasses.
Trees are on the scant side.

Also, Kaleanani, my spice cake was a box mix- so odd, since I'm the kind of person who makes all our bread, blah blah blah but I priced the spices I was missing from my cabinet versus the box of mix, wrong side of payday and all. Duncan Hines won.
But, I did put the baked apples on the top, with walnuts, and I drizzled sweetened condensed milk on the top of it. I was sort of craving the standard cream cheese frosting, but the way I did it was easier because it's what I had on hand, and a little prettier.

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#449 of 595 Old 09-24-2009, 08:53 AM

Oh, what a beautiful baby! I love that round, round face and the peaceful look that newborns have when they sleep. Niles is a beautiful name! Congratulations!!!!

Maryhippie.gif

#450 of 595 Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I wish I had something more creative than try Freecycle for a new fake one
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I had a fake tree, but I gave it away due to dust/mold issues. I don't want another fake one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

Yule tree... I've seen rosemary's plant in the shape of trees in the past... Maybe something to look into.
I've seen small ones but no large rosemary trees. Plus, they are extremely expensive in this area. I'm talking at least $50 for a mini table top version.

I'll just have to email the allergist and ask him if he thinks having a cut tree in the house will trigger allergy symptoms.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page