September Pagan Circle - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gun - wow! I don't know what to say...just lots of for you!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#542 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 04:59 PM

Heather- I am so very sad for you. So, so sorry. Many hugs to you and I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#543 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM

Oh Heather, I am so sorry. *big hugs* I'll light a candle for you....as soon as I find one in my messy room.

I had my second counseling appointment today and it went really well. I am really liking my counselor so far. I go back to see her again on Thursday. I have a small mission to spend 24 hours being selfish in the next 3 days. Should be a challenge. I need to think about what I want moment to moment, etc.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#544 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 PM

gun- I am so very sorry to hear the sad news. I don't even know what to say. So very sorry.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#545 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Oh, gun, I am heartbroken for you.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier...dh is now off on his week away working his company's annual convention. Not much computer time this week...

Maryhippie.gif

#546 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Heather, how awful... I don't even know what to say I had a coworker that happened to a long time ago... only her baby had been with her a month. My heart ached for her.. and aches for you

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#547 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM

gun, how horrible. Words won't come. Hugs to you and your family. I am so sorry.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#548 of 595 Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
They sort of look like a mink/weasel only with long claws and sharp teeth. They eat a lot of porcupines around here, but if you let your cat out at night they will eat them if they can.
Those sound like something from a horror movie! I have never heard of them. Where do you live? I'm so glad we don't have those here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
So, I found out what the road crews are doing. They ripped out gardens and roadside plantings not to widen the road and make it safer but to dig out those horrible "car killer" ditches.

last night he DID NOT SLEEP. Well, that's almost true. He'd sleep if he had a nipple in his mouth. But remove nipple and within seconds the totally floppy zonked out sleep beast transformed into wide awake scream machine. I'm wiped out. So this advice is super timely for me...
That's awful, about the roads. I hate those ditches.

Tor...how old is he? I'm hoping against hope for you that he doesn't have colic. Oh, mama, I hope it's just a thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I'm home from my course...half way done! I got perfect on my interview skills performance check and my mid-course interview had all positive comments on it. I also rocked my military writing practice performance check (the real one is this upcoming weekend).

DH cleaned the desk while I was gone...it looks awesome!
Yay! Go you.
And what an awesome DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
On a positive note... MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME SOONER THAN PLANNED!!! He may actually be here for the birth of this baby! YAY!! I'm so excited.
Oh, that's great, I bet you are so happy! Not that I can tell from your post, or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
I am devastated. I rec'd a phone call from the agency to let us know that the birthmother has changed her mind and Niles will have to go back.. I am in shock.
Oh. My. Gods. gun, omg, that's awful!! Poor you, oh, mama. My eyes are just huge, I can't believe it. I'm so, so sorry, mama. I hope things turn around for you, somehow. I am utterly speechless

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#549 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 AM
gun

We are waiting for contact by CPS to come get him. Yes, CPS had to get involved. There is a huge possibility that he will into foster care because the bmom's current living situation is so bad right now. My mind is blown and our hearts are breaking. We are all a total mess. And poor little Niles will have to just deal with this direction of his life. I know there are good foster homes, but I know we have loved this little boy hard and I don't think any other home could do it, because we believed he was our son.

Thank you for the support you have all shown me on this journey. I am really grappling with this whole thing. This past year we have had a failed adoption match, a miscarriage, a few useless rounds on a fertility med, and now a failed adoptive placement. Should I just give up?

Peace- Heather
#550 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM

She wants him but can't provide a safe home for him?? I wish she'd just do the right thing for her son instead of having him go into foster care. It's just not fair.

#551 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM

Gun- That just isn't right- *hugs*

Bella is still sick. I am better, feeling rather restless having been in my house for days and I am wondering if the other 2 will get it or not. =for my Bella.

I also made a huge decision and while I know it is for the best, it was so hard. After being back to work at the school for 3weeks, I kept having this nagging feeling that something just wasn't right. I kept trying to say it was this, or that but what it really was, was me missing my time with Erin. She is little and needs me and the school doesn't need 2 teachers right now, so I am helping with the school 2-3 days a week and will teach once the school grows or once Erin is school-aged. It was a very hard decision. The school also took a slight turn, as we could not get our code variance, so we are homeschooling our kids until we can get a permanent location. It has been a rather stressful time but it does have a happy ending. I missed homeschooling.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#552 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 AM

Gun- That's heartbreaking and awful. I'm so sorry. Don't give up, but just maybe take a break from trying so hard? I'm so sorry this is happening.

BLR- it's great news you've found a counselor you like. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
On a positive note... MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME SOONER THAN PLANNED!!! He may actually be here for the birth of this baby! YAY!! I'm so excited.
That's awesome!

I'm surprised at how many irl friends of mine I'm seeing on the mothering facebook shot here. wow!
#553 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
So, I found out what the road crews are doing. They ripped out gardens and roadside plantings not to widen the road and make it safer but to dig out those horrible "car killer" ditches. For those who don't live in regions where they do this, these are ditches that are 3-4 feet deep and sheer sided. They're dug out about a foot from the edge of the blacktop. The "purpose" is to provide a place to dump snow as well as to provide "safety" by preventing people from parking along the roadside.

Of course, what they actually do is create a huge hazard because there is no place to pull off... if you slide on the ice you drop into a 4 foot deep ditch instead of sliding into the siding, there is no place to walk except actually on the road so pedestrians are more or less sitting ducks, if another car is in your lane or stops suddenly there is no place to swerve to avoid them, and if you need to pull over to use a cell phone or change a diaper or what have you then you're plain out of luck.

They've dug out ditches on both sides of the road and it's horrible. They're still at it this morning... each day they come back and dig things a little deeper. They even brought in one of those huge chipper things to take out smaller trees that were in their way.

~~~~~
sleep- Tor is going through a growth spurt and ye gods and little green apples, last night he DID NOT SLEEP. Well, that's almost true. He'd sleep if he had a nipple in his mouth. But remove nipple and within seconds the totally floppy zonked out sleep beast transformed into wide awake scream machine. I'm wiped out. So this advice is super timely for me...
We have those kind of roads around here too.

(((good vibes))) for Easy Restfull Nights.

Quote:
Happy for you!

Quote:
I am devastated. I rec'd a phone call from the agency to let us know that the birthmother has changed her mind and Niles will have to go back.. I am in shock.
(((big hugs)))

BellaLuna, selfish is good.

Valérie   
#554 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I missed homeschooling.
I'm sorry Bella is still sick.

I'm glad you get to have more time with her. Looks like everything is working out for the best for you and your dd.

#555 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
gun

We just had to drop off Niles to be reunited with his birthmom. It's over.

Peace- Heather
#556 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM

Aeress- hugs. That can't have been an easy decision. I hope it brings peace.

gun- how are you doing? I'm so, so sorry. There just aren't words.

Tor- he's five weeks and a few days. I'm pretty sure it's a growth spurt since it's the right time for one (4-6 weeks, he's doing it 24 hours a day, and because he isn't "unreasonable"... he just wants to eat. I remember with Ro there was nothing that stopped the crying. Nursing, swaddling, ssshhhing, ealking with her in the sling, the football carry, etc. She'd just cry. At the moment Tor cries if he isn't nursing or at least in close proximity to the breast though he will gurgle and google for a few minutes here and there. Not to mention, he's up to 14lbs! We've been calling him the meatball. I've got recent pics on flickr here. He nursed every hour again last night and today is swapping marathon nursing with loooooong sling naps so fingers crossed we're almost through this one! The timing was a bit twitchy since the increase demand means increase supply means engorged breasts... and I just finished my mastitis abx.

Fall foliage- I agree... this year seems to be more muted in color. More goldenrod yellows, maroons, burnt umberm and plain old brown. We've had two days of steady downpour (yesterday there was even hail!) and a lot of leaves are already down. Many hadn't even changed color much, they were just starting to change and then the wind/rain took them down. The season may improve, but compared to past years this one is a bit off.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#557 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM

Heather- *hugs* I am so sorry. I wish I had the words to make it all better.

Clay- He's gorgeous! All your kids are beautiful!

I have to go pick up my EBT card today. I have a feeling I won't make the 11:30-12:00 opening. So I may just go to the little mall across the street and get me some fooood. I still have a few bucks left.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#558 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
We just had to drop off Niles to be reunited with his birthmom. It's over.
Heather- I hope you can find some peace in your day. I'm thinking about you, and that you can find warmth and solace somewhere.

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#559 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Heather... I am so sorry for your whole family's loss. And poor Niles being pulled from your loving home to be placed in foster care because she changed her mind, but can't even provide a safe HOME??? It just should.not.be. Honestly, I have no advice or answer to your question.. because I can't even imagine the pain and discouragement you must feel

Clay, major cuteness there hun

I'm going to call the doc today.. I think. This cough.will.not.stop and my chest feels so heavy & wheezy... I'm just afraid I'll get there and be told I'll just have to wait it out, thus wasting my time and 60$ (although half gets deposited back into my bank acct) Or at the other extreme.. I'm afraid she'll tell me it HAS developed into pnemonia now

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#560 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Cari- You poor dear. It does sound like pneumonia now.

#561 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
We are waiting for contact by CPS to come get him. Yes, CPS had to get involved. There is a huge possibility that he will into foster care because the bmom's current living situation is so bad right now. My mind is blown and our hearts are breaking. We are all a total mess. And poor little Niles will have to just deal with this direction of his life. I know there are good foster homes, but I know we have loved this little boy hard and I don't think any other home could do it, because we believed he was our son.

Thank you for the support you have all shown me on this journey. I am really grappling with this whole thing. This past year we have had a failed adoption match, a miscarriage, a few useless rounds on a fertility med, and now a failed adoptive placement. Should I just give up?
Oh, gun, that just stinks all the way around. Why can't you apply to be the foster parents?? That just doesn't make any sense. You already WANT him. And it wouldn't cost the state any money You'd think they'd be glad to hand him off to you!

No, I don't think you should give up. But take some time to grieve, if you're sure it's over (I'd be pestering CPS if it were me, but I don't know your system where you are), then take time to rest and recuperate. Time takes time...I know that's not comforting right now, but you're in the thick of it. Breathe, cry, get hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Bella is still sick. I am better, feeling rather restless having been in my house for days and I am wondering if the other 2 will get it or not. =for my Bella.

I also made a huge decision and while I know it is for the best, it was so hard...It has been a rather stressful time but it does have a happy ending. I missed homeschooling.
Poor Bella, I hope she feels better soon...and that nobody else contracts it!

Nursing school....augh, I'm so tired of being tired! It could be way worse, but I would just love a couple of days OFF, totally off.

Off to auscultate my son's lungs

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#562 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM

DOK, you are so NOT supposed to agree with that I can't bear being that sick again... and it's having a BIG impact on the boys hs'ing too. Of course, not that I'd have been able to drive them to school with pneumonia so not sure wtf I'd have done in that case? Will call the doc right now I guess

#563 of 595 Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 PM

Gun- thinking of you

Cari- holy crappy stuff in the lungs. *hugs* feel better sweetie!

DOK, Clay, Maia-thanks for the hugs for Bella, she perked up this afternoon around noon and was able to eat dinner (bagel pizza and salad, milk). She was starving, ate everything and had seconds on salad.

Clay- he is adorable! Oh my, and the girls, showering love, just melts my heart.

In some ways I really feel connected to the world, universe and the powers that be more than I ever had.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#564 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 AM

I have pneumonia... AGAIN!!!!!

So today consisted of a little schoolwork with the kids, a lot of coughing, a visit to the doc who sent me off for chest xrays, 2 different antibiotics and a visit to the lab for 'supplies' for a sputum sample (ew) I'm not nearly as sick as I was with this last time, but it's still pretty darn draining

#565 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I have pneumonia... AGAIN!!!!!

So today consisted of a little schoolwork with the kids, a lot of coughing, a visit to the doc who sent me off for chest xrays, 2 different antibiotics and a visit to the lab for 'supplies' for a sputum sample (ew) I'm not nearly as sick as I was with this last time, but it's still pretty darn draining
Sorry to hear- I've never had pneumonia but it does sound mighty nasty. I hope you recover swiftly.

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#566 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 AM

Pneumonia is horrible...and it hurts.

#567 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I have pneumonia...
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry you are having to go through that again. I hope you heal well and quickly (if that's possible.)

Maryhippie.gif

#568 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 AM

Thanks mamas. I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself The coughing gets worse when I lay down, so I'm dreading bed. I'm actually eyeing up my poang chair and considering draggin my pillow out & trying to sleep in that if I can get hubby to bring in the footstool from the garage. Maybe I need to make myself a little healing altar somewhere, because medicine doesn't seem to be handling this on it's own, maybe a little extra 'juice' will be the boost it needs? Ideas for God/desses? I don't really have a healing goddess I'm drawn too (don 't thing Brighid and midwifery counts in this case )

#569 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 AM

cari- sleeping upright might be a good idea or at least changing your angle to more upright. *hugs*
that totally stinks

me stuff- on a trip to the bathroom at 12:30in the am, i managed to get something jammed into my foot, which cut it. debating stitches. *oy*
thank goddess for caffeine, crocs that cushion my poor foot and payday

maia- how are you enjoying nursing school

i'm off to the bookstore today, library- need good stuff to read-pagan themed=huge bonus

#570 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 PM

Cari- Brigid was also a healing Goddess.

Psst, hey everyone...Look at my sig. I'll be deleting it later today so take advantage NOW!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page