September Pagan Circle - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#571 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Cari- that stinks! Maybe a goddess associated with breath or wind or dawn or something like that? Ugh!

The girls really do adore Tor but they're finding ways to make sure they're not "overlooked". DD1 has started to scream when upset (and I do mean SCREEEEAAAAAMMMM) and DD2 not only reminds everyone that "this is my mommy" (which is sort of cute) but she also claims to have "doodoo diaper" every five minutes. Which she knows we'll check since we've just started meds to help with the elimination problems she has. It's driving me up the wall since I know 99 out of 100 times it's a false alarm and she just wants attention, but I also know that the one time I fail to check will be the actual poop dipe.

I think I'll bibble now. K?

ETA- a question. I've been growing my hair out for almost two years now. It's gone from super short to just below my shoulders. However, there are some funky layer things happening due to the haircut I started with. You can't tell in the photos but my hair has three "layers". The longest/bottom layer hits about a half inch below my shoulders. The middle layer hits about an onch above my shoulder. And the top layer hits at around my chin. So if I don't have the front pulled back I have this really ratty look with messy layers... it really doesn't look good.

Given that we have no spare change these days any hair cutting would be done at one of those 10 dollar shops. And I really want to keep the length since my goal is to be able to put my hair up in a bun (I used to love using hair sticks... my hair used to be butt length before I shaved my head). Should I just keep pulling things back until the shortest layer is shoulder length? Or get some sort of "even it out" cut and grow from there? Wait till we have the funds for a "good" salon? I feel fusty...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#572 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I have pneumonia... AGAIN!!!!!
That stinks! I hope you feel better soon.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#573 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Clay, my hair is sort of doing the same thing. I have three layers too, but my shortest one is at my shoulders. I can pull mine back in a bun, but am trying to decide what to do, either get a cut or just leave it. I have decided to leave it. The layers make it look all puffy once you get past my shoulders, but I just don't want to go short again.

So I vote leave it, maybe after the winter you could get a trim and even it out for spring.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#574 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Cari - That stinks! I hope you feel better soon and that it goes away for good!

Aeress - Ouch! I hope it heals nicely for you.

Gun - wow mama, you have been through so much! Just know that you have lots of support here always.

Bella - I hope things continue to go well with the counselling. It can be a challenging step but it can make great changes.

--

I'm tired...possibly for multiple reasons. Of course, working like crazy this week. I am on course this weekend again (3/4!) and that's when we have most of our big evaluations. I also had a couple want me to teach prenatal, newborn care, and breastfeeding in 2 hours...lol yeah...we all know how that worked out. Tonight I am teaching a 3 period class so that will be busy.

I am trying to put a huge focus on taking care of myself right now...lots of water, lots of healthy foods.

The weather is much cooler...about 5 degrees this morning (41F). I finally grabbed a sweatshirt out of the closet. I think I will try to find the warmest dress clothes I have. Usually I'd be teaching in my uniform but because of the nature of the class I am teaching, it must be facilitated in civilian clothing.

DD is doing well, but resisting independent walking. She has the balance and the ability to do so, but not the confidence. I hope I can encourage her to keep taking a few independent steps until she can see she has those skills.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#575 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 02:47 PM

Clay- I say leave it.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#576 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM

gun, more massive hugs coming your way hon.

cari, yeah, time to take some action, eh? i'm so sorry. if it were me, i'd be looking into amino acid therapy or cell salts at the very least... and yes, a healing altar, maybe a TM, and all sorts of manifestations...

clay, havent you heard the old adage about not letting a new mom near scissors?

anyone see the cover of martha stewart's halloween issue? it has these really cute pumpkin toadstool things... i cant find a pic online, but they're sweet!

hugs and vibes and healing to all in need.
#577 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

anyone see the cover of martha stewart's halloween issue? it has these really cute pumpkin toadstool things... i cant find a pic online, but they're sweet!
I saw it out of the corner of my eye and told myself to go back and buy it...But then I forgot. I love her Halloween issues.

#578 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 04:29 PM

it's a good one! but they always are. i always mean to look up and see if anyone's got a website insinuating she's a witch, but i never do...
#579 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 04:54 PM

Oh! That reminds me.

I got so annoyed by someone who works in a local retail store. There was something in the window (halloween related) and I went in to ask the price. It was too pricey so she shows me a green faced, warty witch.

I told her no and that real witches don't have green skin.
She said "Oh yes they do".
I said "No, they don't. I should know because I'm a witch"

She then says that she is, too.

I said: "No, I'm talking about being pagan. Not a fairy tale evil witch."

I got so ticked off that I walked out fuming.

Granted, I think I have pms...but, still. Don't piss off a witch.

#580 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I think I have pms...but, still. Don't piss off a witch.
now, that's a ddddc waiting to happen.......
#581 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Afternoon Mamas.

to all.

I am thinking too much. I wish I could just stop thinking. I should be cleaning the kitchen because my Mom asked again, but its so disgusting out there. Gnats, gross smells, etc and its just too overwhemling. Plus, she didn't clean up after herself from cooking dinner last night, or the past two nights. *sigh* She's gonna get mad at me...again.

I need to skip a year ahead.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#582 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM

Bella- I don't know if it would resonate, but the wicked witch comment reminded me. There's a book by Patricia Telesco called "How to be a Wicked Witch". It's a light hearted (pagan) how-to book about at reclaiming and nurturing a strong sense of self and independence. I have a copy and it's actually pretty neat... the title is a bit hokey obviously but the whole thing boils down to being a strong woman. I don't know if it's the sort of thing that would be in a library, but maybe?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#583 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Bella- I don't know if it would resonate, but the wicked witch comment reminded me. There's a book by Patricia Telesco called "How to be a Wicked Witch". It's a light hearted (pagan) how-to book about at reclaiming and nurturing a strong sense of self and independence. I have a copy and it's actually pretty neat... the title is a bit hokey obviously but the whole thing boils down to being a strong woman. I don't know if it's the sort of thing that would be in a library, but maybe?
Library system only has one copy and no holds are allowed. That's all it says about it. I'm thinking it was most likely stolen, pagan books always seem to vanish from our library system.

Mom is mad at me. I got the "you better clean by the time I get home" message via my sister. I've already tried explaining that cleaning the kitchen makes me cry because it reminds me that I used to have my own place and my own family to care for. Guess they ignored that info....

I'm trying so hard to be positive and its like I am being sucked into a black hole.

#584 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Library system only has one copy and no holds are allowed.
I read that way too quickly and saw ... "and no blondes are allowed."

No idea why my mind did that switch but it sure was funny. (especially in my town where the majority of women are blonde.)

#585 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Don't have time to catch up. Ack! So many pages.

Gun. I am so sorry.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#586 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM

Just got turned down for the midwifery student position.

*sigh*

Not enough hands on experience.

#587 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
cari, yeah, time to take some action, eh? i'm so sorry. if it were me, i'd be looking into amino acid therapy or cell salts at the very least... and yes, a healing altar, maybe a TM, and all sorts of manifestations...

Can I have a sook that I can't get Martha stewarts mags here.. the xmas & halloween one's I'd kill for *sigh*

I'm definitely going to pay a visit to the naturopath at the chemist and get some suggestions to boost my immune system, cause this is ridiculous! I managed to sleep about 5hrs last night, which is an improvement at least. Hopefully a few days of actually getting good night sleeps will help my body help the antibiotics.

DOK hehehe, I agree with aweyn, that screams ddddc The clerk sounds like a total twit.

Clay... I'm right there with ya hun! I've been growing my hair out for about 2ish yrs as well (with the intention of dreading it Short of getting fringe (bangs, I do not care for my wrinkle covered forehead... too much frowning in my life I spose) I am not letting anyone 'even' anything out (especially not at a cheapo place! they end up evening it out way shorter than I authorized every single time) Let it go, come up with new creative ways to put it up, braid some etc.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#588 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 PM

Cari- Pm or email me with your mailing address. I'll send you the Martha Stewart Halloween mag!

#589 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 PM

So, I'm being punished for not cleaning the kitchen. My Mom got herself cigarettes and not me. My sister saw me look in the bag where my Mom's smokes are and she goes "no cigarettes for you in there, why would we get you any?"

#590 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I have pneumonia... AGAIN!!!!!

So today consisted of a little schoolwork with the kids, a lot of coughing, a visit to the doc who sent me off for chest xrays, 2 different antibiotics and a visit to the lab for 'supplies' for a sputum sample (ew) I'm not nearly as sick as I was with this last time, but it's still pretty darn draining
Oh no, Cari!!

Sputum...funny we just talked about that in class, today. Mmm. We'll be learning to measure that out, too. Other people's. Yum.
Did y'all know sputum is not spit, but lung, um, goo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
cari- sleeping upright might be a good idea or at least changing your angle to more upright. *hugs*

me stuff- on a trip to the bathroom at 12:30in the am, i managed to get something jammed into my foot, which cut it. debating stitches. *oy*

maia- how are you enjoying nursing school
Semi-Fowler's
Poor foot!

Enjoying? Hmm...I wouldn't have picked that word I'm getting through it. Thanks for asking! We got our clinical sites today. I'm in cardiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Should I just keep pulling things back until the shortest layer is shoulder length? Or get some sort of "even it out" cut and grow from there? Wait till we have the funds for a "good" salon? I feel fusty...
I say leave it. If you cut it to even it out, you might get hair-cutting fever again.

Quote:
clay, havent you heard the old adage about not letting a new mom near scissors?

Quote:
Just got turned down for the midwifery student position.
*sigh*
Not enough hands on experience.
Aww, man! Hey how do they expect you to get experience if you don't get experience??

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#591 of 595 Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
So, I'm being punished for not cleaning the kitchen. My Mom got herself cigarettes and not me. My sister saw me look in the bag where my Mom's smokes are and she goes "no cigarettes for you in there, why would we get you any?"
That was just mean... I'm sorry you have to go through this...

good witch
#592 of 595 Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Cari- Pm or email me with your mailing address. I'll send you the Martha Stewart Halloween mag!
Thanks hun, but it'd cost more in postage than the thing is worth lol.

Quote:
Um, wow, passive aggressive PETTY much??? Seriously, can you look for a roomate situation that you might be able to afford with a part time job? Cause that arrangement is going to cause you to hate your mother eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Oh no, Cari!!

Sputum...funny we just talked about that in class, today. Mmm. We'll be learning to measure that out, too. Other people's. Yum.
Did y'all know sputum is not spit, but lung, um, goo?

Semi-Fowler's
Oh yes, isn't sputum a disgusting thing? lol I can't give them a sample because it keeps getting contaminated with too much saliva,

Since I couldn't do much in the way of physical stuff today, I sat down with my handy homeschool tracker program and started plotting our October adventures! (it's Oct 1 here! ) We're doing a halloween & pumpkin lapbook, and I've sprinkled numerous halloween language arts, science (life cycle of a pumpkin ), ghost & pumpkin themed math sheets. I've slotted in plenty of crafty stuff (those wicked cool salt dough ghosts & paper bag creepy trees from camp!) and altar decorating

Now I just have to hope to be well enough to DO all of it lol (most of it's not too difficult to set up thankfully!)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#593 of 595 Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

Clay: stay away from the scissors!

Cari - sending you Healing vibes and Energy vibes so you can do the fun activities you've planned!

Bella, sorry for the job and the home situation.

Maiasaura - you will do great on clinical - just take it one day at a time (or one hour at a time) and be confident!

We started making fires at night to warm the house. And DD2 needs a light knit hat to play outside. Need to get the gloves out too.

Valérie   
#594 of 595 Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks hun, but it'd cost more in postage than the thing is worth lol.
My treat! You deserve a little something special. Plus, my ds will think it's VERY cool to be sending a package to Oz.

#595 of 595 Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page