September Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been tapping today! I did the chakra clearing first and just finished up with the forgiveness video. I didn't realize that regret would be something I was feeling....that was interesting and it wasn't regretting the fact that I am divorcing, it was regret for letting him sucker me in that day. I'm feeling a bit better now. I think I will have to do the forgiveness video a few more times later today.

I'm hoping to go to my sister's house today and have her color my hair. I really don't want to go to court looking all crappy. I want to feel good because tomorrow is going to be a celebration of me. That's my plan.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#62 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I've been tapping today! I did the chakra clearing first and just finished up with the forgiveness video. I didn't realize that regret would be something I was feeling....that was interesting and it wasn't regretting the fact that I am divorcing, it was regret for letting him sucker me in that day. I'm feeling a bit better now. I think I will have to do the forgiveness video a few more times later today.

I'm hoping to go to my sister's house today and have her color my hair. I really don't want to go to court looking all crappy. I want to feel good because tomorrow is going to be a celebration of me. That's my plan.
Yeah on the tapping!

on the rest.

Tomorrow is your 're-birth' day!! ::::

Maryhippie.gif

#63 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 06:19 PM

Going to look for another car seat this evening.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#64 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Well, I am ready for the full moon. I have all my supplies. I spent most of the day running around. I stopped at a lake for over 1 hour and just gathered my thoughts. It felt like a deep cleansing breath.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#65 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I think it's auTUMnal, with the N pronounced
Isn't wound care delightful LOL. If we could get together for a cuppa, I could tell ya some tales.. ok..maybe not over a cuppa lol ICKY!

DH is home today... Taking him to the doc in half an hour to find out WTF is going on. I know hallucinations & vivid dreams are side effects of prednisone, but they are quite rare.

And tomorrow, I'm taking Lucas in to get a referral for a test for central auditory processing disorders...
Yikes, Cari, how did it turn out? For both? So glad your DH didn't get hurt on the road; that is super scary. And to think I used to passenger with people on ecstasy :

I guess nurses must be the kind of people who can share that stuff over a cuppa....just don't share with me over stew or something equally mixed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Maiasaura- I hope school's going great. How's your nanny doing?
School-- must go study now. I did miss you guys, though, so had to come back! Y'all are my only friends now. I only had like 3 IRL ones anyway, but I don't even see them now Must find time, somehow.

She's good, so far. A couple of weird things that raised my red flags, but I'm keeping an extra vigilant eye out and hoping that those things are either anomalies (that just happened to coincide) or that she's just Different From Me.
Otherwise, very dependable and did I mention she's a fab cook? Made fresh tomato soup that is to DIE for. And gazpacho. And she's making a quiche this weekend, and some kind of eggplant stew thingy with polenta. It's so nice to be cooked for! Now that's a treat a single mama doesn't get often.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#66 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 PM

Oh my goodness, the moon is soooo beautiful!

#67 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
maia, ok, so did you actually dress a real wound? wowza.
NO, no, no, not a real wound. They have "dummies"-- life sized dolls. Last year for CNA class they just lay in bed and they did have interchangeable genitals, but we only used girly bits.
THIS year, I hear they even vomit. Hooboy can you tell how excited I am about that. Not that they really expel stuff, just, they make a gagging noise and there's a splat noise, too. Mmm, fun Oh, and they have wounds. Plastic ones, but they're pretty graphically ugly!

Quote:
so, what is "woodsmoke"? just smoke from, uh... wood?
srsly?? :
Sorry, I just never have heard of someone not knowing that!
Um, yes. From wood. As in, from a fire, like a cookfire or bonfire.

Quote:
we're going to simply put our old rings away in a special pouch i'll make, and put that old energy "away", as a sort of energetic cleansing and moving onwards to the life we really want...
That is such a great idea-- I still have my engagement ring and DH's and my wedding rings. They're on a chain in my jumbled up jewelry stuff, but it'd be nice to make something (or buy, now, since I don't have any spare time...um, ahem ) to keep them in. Maybe someday I can give them to DS for a keepsake, along with his baby-blessing beads and his dad's AA books and the CD of his dad's memorial service and the book he was writing when he died and his ashes.

Quote:
I want to feel good because tomorrow is going to be a celebration of me. That's my plan.
Good luck tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I saw Her last night. Oooh, yes, beautiful. Tonight the sky's cloudy-- glad I got to look last night!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#68 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
My middle dd has some type of processing disorder- at this point it hasn't impacted her enough to have me get a diagnosis, but I can tell there is a disconnect between what I say and what she understands and then how she uses the info. Questions can be especially hard for her- like "where is" or directionality- they are "behind".

Well, I am going to start a picture site for the school. We set up the room yesterday. :
Be back in a bit
Karen, thanks for that... Lucas' seems to be more than that ... he really doesn't seem to 'get' what you tell him often, its not every single thing because sometimes he's spot on.. other times, total space cadet because he has no idea what I just told him It's like his brain can't work out what was said, so it just dumps the entire interaction, because he honestly doesn't seem to know he was even spoken to.

In happier news... look forward to seeing your pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I'm loving reading what everyone is doing for the full moon. I'm going to get some meditation time in tonight. I'll try to do something small tomorrow too, even if it is cleansing and charging my stones.

I also noticed, I can't *just* clean. No...I have to rearrange everything move things from one room to another...lol. It just takes longer that way but I know I'll be happy when it is finally done.
I am on a quest for a sacred spot in my yard, so I will be adjourning outside with an adult beverage in hopes that moonlight will show me the right place :

I'm a rearranger too Little makes me happier than moving my furniture around lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Cari-could he be allergic? I hallucinate when I take sulfas.
The doc he saw yesterday said to toss the prednisone OUT and never take it again... apparenly a steroid induced psychosis is a rare, and NOTsogood side effect : So while he isn't technically allergic, we're going to add it to his allergy list anyway because he should never take it again as the reaction is likely to recurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Cari- I hope all is well or at least easily treated. We had to decline the newborn hearing screening for Tor (it's mandated by NYS but the NYS employee insurance doesn't cover it? Grrrrr) and now I'm really nervous about auditory issues.
We had a screen doen on him when he was a couple of months old.. you could slam a door behind him and he would not even notice! Came back fine, as did the one when he was 5yrs old. But there has GOT to be something going on or I'm going to lose my mind trying to cope! It sounds bad but I need to know why this happens, even if it means something is wrong! I've gotten to the point of extreme frustration and I need some coping strategies

Quote:
Good for you hun! I'm glad you are feeling more at peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I guess nurses must be the kind of people who can share that stuff over a cuppa....just don't share with me over stew or something equally mixed up
Hehe your stomach might lurch to hear some of the things I've discussed with coworkers over lunch or a snack LOL. Something about 'going to work' turns my stomach cast iron.. at home, if someone spews I start sympathy wretching.. when I was at work? I'd just roll up my sleeps and deal with it. Things like the smell of surgery are just awful.. but completely don't affect me in 'work' mode.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#69 of 595 Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Does anyone have a nice link on tapping? I'm interested in starting, but I would like a little more info. Thanks!

Quote:

A celebration of you sounds like a wonderful idea. Working through regret is a huge part of divorce for many people (women especially IME). My mom divorced almost 2 years ago now, and that is the emotion that is most difficult to let go for her. The "what ifs" still linger, but she's getting better about it. Knowing that is the bigger issue behind the anger, etc, would have helped her out tremendously in the beginning, and I'm glad you are working through things.

Quote:
She's good, so far. A couple of weird things that raised my red flags, but I'm keeping an extra vigilant eye out and hoping that those things are either anomalies (that just happened to coincide) or that she's just Different From Me.
Otherwise, very dependable and did I mention she's a fab cook? Made fresh tomato soup that is to DIE for. And gazpacho. And she's making a quiche this weekend, and some kind of eggplant stew thingy with polenta. It's so nice to be cooked for! Now that's a treat a single mama doesn't get often.
I'm glad your classes are going well. I teach A&P labs for the beginning nursing students at my uni that they have to complete before clinicals, and I think of you when they're talking about getting ready to apply for clinicals, etc. Meanwhile...the gazpacho is making me starve a little.

Quote:
It's too cloudy to see her out for me. : Maybe tomorrow night?

Quote:
The doc he saw yesterday said to toss the prednisone OUT and never take it again... apparenly a steroid induced psychosis is a rare, and NOTsogood side effect : So while he isn't technically allergic, we're going to add it to his allergy list anyway because he should never take it again as the reaction is likely to recurr.
That's some crazy stuff. I'd go ahead and put that on the allergy list, too.

Quote:
Hehe your stomach might lurch to hear some of the things I've discussed with coworkers over lunch or a snack LOL. Something about 'going to work' turns my stomach cast iron.. at home, if someone spews I start sympathy wretching.. when I was at work? I'd just roll up my sleeps and deal with it. Things like the smell of surgery are just awful.. but completely don't affect me in 'work' mode.
My grandmother is a (retired) biologist, and many of the women in my family are/were in the medical field. We all love to sit around discussing some pretty nasty stuff over lasagna, etc. Gram and I especially like telling stories of grossing out our students by eating while they are doing dissections. Ah, formaldehyde-after a few years it becomes a comforting smell . It becomes a necessity when you are teaching from 10-2 and pregnant and starving!!

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#70 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 AM

Wow. I can't check in for 2 nights and 4 pages to read to catch up.

Two of my good friends have just had their DH's return from deployments. One got notice on Tuesday DH would be home today from Afganistan - total surprise & about a month early. Another has her DH home for 2 weeks - he's a few months into a 2 year deployment/sea tour - but his ship needed to come into port nearby for a couple of weeks. Yeah - I'm so happy for them. (Think this could be good sign for this moon?)

DS loves howling at the moon. He's just 20 months and it is so cute. DH suggested we make it a monthly ritual to greet the moon. He just moved up to the 2-3 year old room at his daycare. He's the youngest by 3 months, but seems to be adjusting well. (He moved now because we are potty training and toilet access was available in his old room). They've spent the afternoons this week at a park across the street - he's spent his time tossing leaves up and dancing beneath them.

Yes - I am in Alaska - Anchorage actually.

Quote:
Where are you?!?? Ds and I have only read about those in books! He has a book that my mom got him when she went to Alaska, with pull-up-the-flaps, and it has whales, Dall sheep, Narwhals....and I was under the (obviously mistaken ) assumption that Ptarmigan were prehistoric food
No, those are Pterodactyls - although I don't know if they were predators or prey. Ptarmigan are pretty good eating and, IMHO, it is amazing they aren't prehistoric birds - they are so dumb I can't believe they haven't gone extinct.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#71 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 AM

*sigh* well the audiologist that comes out to the clinic can't do the CAPD test, they recommended the University of Queensland... which is where I was trying not to go since it's 180bucks and 45mins away The doc *did* give me a referal to a ped. so we're going to go that route and get a total assessment so that we don't pay for the test without ruling out other issues.

Ambystoma that would SO be me with eating during dissections hehehe.

And with that, Altar camp workshop is up! : : : I've spent part of my day crafting and playing and looking at lovely pics, come join me over your morning cuppa's mamas!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#72 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Cari- Sorry you have to go to a different doc. It's so frustrating!

Busy day today. Have to go to: Drop ds off at school; Car insurance office; RMV; Pick ds up from school early; Children's Hospital.

#73 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
Does anyone have a nice link on tapping? I'm interested in starting, but I would like a little more info. Thanks
tapping.com

There are 13 free videos (the introductory one comes up first and it gives you the, well, introduction) and some articles.

I passed the link on to a friend who tried it yesterday on herself and with her 8(I think) yo daughter who tends to be very worried all the time. She said that the DD reported feeling much more relaxed and much less tense afterwards.

Busy, busy around here. Yes the Moon was fantastic last night! So clear and beautiful. We've had such clear, cool, cloudless days lately that it was the best view of the Moon I've had in a long time. We all went out on the deck for a while and marveled at how bright it was (where we live there are NO lights...we are miles from any of the towns nearby and you can't see anything from here.)

I found a moon cake recipe online yesterday -- I think they'll come up pretty much like sugar cookies, but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

More sewing yesterday...made the curtains for middle boy's room...made a cover for my sewing machine so that I don't have to put it up on a high shelf all the time. Making curtains for the master bedroom today.

I have a lot of nervous energy, apparently, related to starting homeschool projects on Tuesday. Ah, well. At least I'm using the energy to create instead of sitting around eating too much.

Back later to check in. Happy Full Moon lovely ladies!

Maryhippie.gif

#74 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Cari- It really sounds like it could be a low level hearing issue or a disconnect between his reception and his processing. Processing orders are difficult to diagnose. What may help Lucas is adding visuals to verbals, which could be hard but a communication notebook may be a good idea. Take a notebook and either print or make pictures of activities (eat, play, drink, listen etc) to help him connect what you are asking him to do to a simple pic. I used this approach with one of my daycare kids years ago and it really worked. Sometimes a physical connection, like touching his shoulder, when you are talking to him, might help him zoom in on your words.

Well, ladies, I moved my altar back in the Spring and loved the new location but with the school being at my house, I am feeling like it needs a new location. But where? I am not a bedroom person, just don't love the room, so I only sleep in there. I didn't like my fireplace mantel cause it was too high. *ugh* Maybe I will leave it and see what the kids do?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#75 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well, ladies, I moved my altar back in the Spring and loved the new location but with the school being at my house, I am feeling like it needs a new location. But where? I am not a bedroom person, just don't love the room, so I only sleep in there. I didn't like my fireplace mantel cause it was too high. *ugh* Maybe I will leave it and see what the kids do?
Do you have any space that you always gravitate towards?

I'm fortunate that this new house has so much space. The 'formal dining room' is formally my 'craft room' these days. The eat-in kitchen is large and accommodates our table better than the 'dining room' would anyway.

So in there I have a smaller table and all my yarns and fabrics and sewing machine and now a chest-high bookcase that holds the homeschooling and knitting/sewing books. On the top of it I put a bit of lace and several items that are meaningful to me. I stood back and looked at it and realized that THIS was my personal altar. Once I had that realization I started thinking about what more I'd like to add. Right now it has a few stones, a favorite small scultpure of a mama with 2 children (yeah, I need one with 3!) a pine cone and a sprinkling of dried lavendar blossoms. It's coming along. I need to add the stones I bought a couple of weeks ago, but I want to take them out in the Full Moon tonight first. And I need a good candle.

Anyway, this is 'my' room. The place where I plan and create.

Maryhippie.gif

#76 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Bella - thinking of you today!

Mary - very cool about the tapping and I'm glad to hear you are seeing changes (okay this just popped into my head but: "she changes everything she touches and everything she touches changes" - if you know that chant)

Altar camp! woohoo! Off to check that out while everyone is in bed! I know I want to make one in our living room...so that will probably be my project. It will also be good to get other ideas instead of the "setup" from the Gardnerian trad that I'm oh so used to.

Cari - that sucks about the doc that is pricey and further away. Hopefully the ped is able to get all the testing done for you.

DOK - the moon was beautiful here last night too...so bright and clear!

I know I am missing stuff but my head is not fully here yet since sleep was not something I had much of last night.

--

DH's family arrived safely last night/this morning. DD however was not feeling well at all. She was having an upset stomach where she would scream for a few minutes and then she was fine 10-30min. She is still sleeping but she got up when grandma arrived, so that's no big surprize. I really hope she is better today.

I know I said I'd do something simple for the Full Moon, but it looks like I'll be doing a fertility ritual. A Full Moon on a Friday...it just seemed like a great combination that I just have to enjoy.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#77 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM

Bella- Bright blessings of balance and luck to you. Congrats and best wishes on your re-birthing day.

Quote:
We had a screen doen on him when he was a couple of months old.. you could slam a door behind him and he would not even notice! Came back fine, as did the one when he was 5yrs old. But there has GOT to be something going on or I'm going to lose my mind trying to cope! It sounds bad but I need to know why this happens, even if it means something is wrong!
Friends of mine have a child with a funky hearing disorder... the kiddo passed all the different screening tests but like your ds, there seemed to be a disconnect somewhere. They finally had an extremely detailed (all day at the lab) exam and learned that their child wasn't "hearing" specific frequencies. So some voices, parts of words, portions of sentences were just being missed out on. Very funky and frustrating.

We don't have any family history of hearing loss (though most of my family know some ASL and a few of my relatives are ASL interpreters) but it just annoyed me that a test the state "requires" isn't covered by the state employee insurance! It's covered by the state unemployment insurance though, and the private insurance companies are required to cover it... but the state wrote themselves an exemption. Grrrr. I am so not impressed with this insurance plan!

Funny/icky work conversations- a room full of anthropologists can come up with some stomach twisting topics too. I'd never really noticed (grew up in a family of nitty gritty life science types, parents were army medics during vietnam, etc) but dh finally pulled me aside one day and explained that "most people" are a bit icked out by detailed discussions of body functions, cannibalism, body modification, dietary habits, or crazy religious mortification tools regardless of "how cool" they may be in a ritual context.

medical dummies- in one of the McCaffery books (Generation Warriors I think) they call the medical practice dummies "Slushies" and that term is the one that sticks in my mind. I've heard some really horrible stories of practical "jokes" played on fellow students using those dummies... good luck!

wood smoke- A lot of people around here heat their homes with wood. Either traditional wood stoves (which I had growing up), pellet stoves (which is what we have in this house), or the new "external whole house wood furnaces" (they look like a little shed in the side yard... all the combustion takes place there and the heat is piped into the house. Much better indoor air quality and fuel efficiency, but wacky expensive if you're starting from scratch). When the weather is cold the relatively hot woodsmoke is pulled up the chimney and way up into the air. But when the weather is just sort of cool there isn't as much "draw" on the smoke so it stays low to the ground and you can smell it much more easily. And on a hilly road like ours you can see the smoke pooling in the low areas in the morning and gradually rising with the mist up into the trees. Very misty moisty morning.

Aeress- Do you have a cabinet or desk or something like that where there are doors you could close while the children are there but leave open during "family only" time?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#78 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Hello all. Well today I am getting so planting done. Just puttering arund the house with the girls. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

#79 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Well, today is the day. I was feeling a bit weepy earlier, but I think that has passed.

My sister recolored my hair last night, pics are on my Facebook and Myspace. I am going there again today so she can do my hair and my make-up Its helping me to feel even better about myself. I am going to look HAWT today, despite my swollen Quasimodo eye.

: its my rebirthing day!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#80 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Can't wait to hear of all the kickin'-resplendent things that the new you will do.

Maryhippie.gif

#81 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Yes - I am in Alaska - Anchorage actually.
I lived in Anchorage for 3yrs (ex is air force, we were on Elmendorf) I absolutely LOVED that place :

Quote:
Cari- It really sounds like it could be a low level hearing issue or a disconnect between his reception and his processing. Processing orders are difficult to diagnose.
Yeah I've read up on them a little now, and it sounds extremely unlikely that I'll get a specific diagnosis. I did get a run down about CAPDs from the University that does the testing and it has some strategies just like the ones you suggested in it Making sure he sits IN FRONT of me when I read to him, not beside, making sure other distracting noise is away from us, touching him so that he knows I'm talking to him etc. So I'm definitely going to start using some of those before we even see the paed.
Quote:
Mine is in my family/dining room.. it's pretty much the central hub of the house (both physically and socially ) Do you have a room like that where it could call home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Funny/icky work conversations- a room full of anthropologists can come up with some stomach twisting topics too. I'd never really noticed (grew up in a family of nitty gritty life science types, parents were army medics during vietnam, etc) but dh finally pulled me aside one day and explained that "most people" are a bit icked out by detailed discussions of body functions, cannibalism, body modification, dietary habits, or crazy religious mortification tools regardless of "how cool" they may be in a ritual context.
at least he didnt say 'normal' people right? hehehe

Quote:
Well, today is the day. I was feeling a bit weepy earlier, but I think that has passed.

: its my rebirthing day!
Happy freedom day hun! It's perfectly ok to mourn 'what might have been' for a bit, after all you did 'lose' the dream of being married happily ever after, but don't let it drag you down. Remind yourself often of the potential your life has and reach for it!

In other news... I'm getting SICK : AGAIN! I started with a sore throat & ear last night and now had 'crap' in my chest.. out of nowhere After my pneumonia month I'm a bit paranoid about this.

#82 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 PM

I am SO highly aggravated right now. So VERY aggravated. The only thing I can do is to post my feelings on here so I don't blow up. Gods, I wish I had some Bailey's.

#83 of 595 Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Sorry you seem to be having a crap day hun

#84 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 12:25 AM

DOK, sending you hugs and good vibes.

#85 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 AM

Hoping for a much better day. Please oh please, I MUST have a good day.

#86 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I am SO highly aggravated right now. So VERY aggravated. The only thing I can do is to post my feelings on here so I don't blow up. Gods, I wish I had some Bailey's.

Maryhippie.gif

#87 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Hoping for a much better day. Please oh please, I MUST have a good day.
You will! You see *I* appear to have the monopoly on bad days today.. Not only do *I* feel crappy.. but Quinn is sick with a fever, lethargy and spew if he eats at all. So I am using up all bad day vibes for this group today

Seriously though, I do hope yours is better and that whatever was causing you grief is sorted!

#88 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 AM

What a beautiful Moon last night! We had a completely cloudless sky and the Moon was high, not playing peekaboo within the trees.

We went out for mexican food at our favorite place and then enjoyed Theo's exclamations that 'the moon is still following us' all the way home. Once we got home we had Moon Cakes that we made earlier in the afternoon. They were good (and tasted just like english shortbread cookies.)

After the fam was asleep I went back out on the deck and sat in the moonlight. I just put my stones out to recharge and sat and looked at the moon and listened to the insect-chorus and thought about all that had happened since the last full moon.

The kicker was when I started speculating about all that might happen before the next one.

Off to enjoy a three-day-weekend with Chris, as he is off work for labor day.

happy weekend everyone!

Maryhippie.gif

#89 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM

I found a knitting pattern for a beautiful Isis shawl but it is for the advanced knitter. If you are on ravelry, search it out, it is just beautiul.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#90 of 595 Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I found a knitting pattern for a beautiful Isis shawl but it is for the advanced knitter. If you are on ravelry, search it out, it is just beautiul.
Off to search for it.
My ravelry name is: attachlings if anyone wants to 'friend me' there.

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page