September Pagan Circle - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my - I think it really really is fall here. I was in my backyard - leaves were falling, my raspberries and zucchini are definitely slowing down - and my collard greens are going insane. Oh - and all I want to eat is carbs. That and spiced apples. And honeycrisp apples (my absolute favorite)!! I just had "3rds" of everything at dinner. But it was also the first time I felt not nauseas at dinner time in since Friday - so maybe I'm just catching up. Or maybe my baby is actually a tapeworm.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#182 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 AM

morning mamas. This morning is busy. My kids are running around barking at each other! I hope everyone has a good day. Be back later.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#183 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM
gun

Ok, I am just seriously getting anxious waiting for this baby and hoping that everything goes smoothly for everyone involved.

Peace- Heather
#184 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
And honeycrisp apples (my absolute favorite)!!
I've never heard of those. Sounds yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Ok, I am just seriously getting anxious waiting for this baby and hoping that everything goes smoothly for everyone involved.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#185 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 11:11 AM

I need to catch up!

DoK- the phone call involved ds's schooling right? Hopefully things will improve.

gun- : Baby will come soon!

BLR- What Maia said

Maia- Good luck on your assessment :

singin_angel- you mentioned your leg burn- I totally reccomend making a comfrey salve. I made some over a year ago and love it. I really need to make more. It's so great for every thing- cuts and scrapes, rashes- it's good stuff! Mine included comfrey, chammomile and calendula.

I've been in a funk lately. I typed out a post then decided I really don't need to put it all down. I know I'm ok and I'll feel like my normal perky self real soon.
#186 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmum View Post
Again, subbing, like last month ....
Sorry, I wish I had something to contribute! LOL
I love hearing everything you ladies discuss, and I learn so much! I am so preoccupied right now with being pregnant (due Oct. 4--full moon!) and wrangling my 2 dd's. I'd love to hear any ideas about how you celebrate the Harvest Moon....

im due oct 14th. i know how you feel with the preoccupied thing. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#187 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post

DoK- the phone call involved ds's schooling right?
No, it wasn't about school.

#188 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

DOK - i'm sorry it didn't go well...and I hope something better is around the corner for you!

We will be off to the hospital in 30 mins or so. We get the results from the genetics stuff we did with DD. I'm really nervous. The genetics screening was for CHARGE (she has the choanal atresia and a heart defect...which is just a small little ASD...and she is petite) and they also did karyotyping. I'm just hoping they say everything is fine. I asked them when we went in the first time (back in March) what would we do differently if that diagnosis was made...she said 'nothing'. I'm going to grab my amethyst bracelet and be able to use those calm energies. I'm also going to take the path there that goes through the woods. I hope that will help at least a little.

Tomorrow evening I leave for my first weekend away from DD ever! Let's hope it goes well. Her temp seems higher than normal today, not sure why but she is behaving completely normally. I hope things are fine and nice and easy for DH. No wonder I'm so nervous.

Hoping to bring you back some good news and read about how your days have been.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#189 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM

after much hunting, i found a website for the artist with the beautiful coats and stuff. regardless, thought i'd share so others can drool with me:
http://www.coloratura.com/index.php

i think what i really liked at the fair was this one: http://www.coloratura.com/catalog/view_item.php?id=5

Maia: i know how to multi-quote... it's just that my brain forgets what i want to say unless i handle it one quote at a time. something about low dopamine levels i'm sure...

DoK - hope things improve.

gun - my friend finally got her baby from Ethiopia. not sure if they're back in country, but i saw pics the other day!

saphire - i do that all the time. type a chunk and then re-filter (do i really need to share *that*?)

singin angel - plantain leaf! stuff some leaves into a bottle of vegetable glycerin and forget about it for a few weeks. instant first aid remedy for cuts. and plantain leaf is quite common in most lawns (but you'd definitely want the ones from unsprayed lawns). also essential oil of lavender helps with skin regrowth - if you use it promptly after the injury, it can apparently help prevent scarring. though that has never worked for me.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#190 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Know what I think? It's time-- and I think you know this-- to define yourself by yourself-- not by someone else's whatever. Not an ornament. Not a daughter or stepmom or wife, but you.

Oh, and you can use the concave mirror spell thingy to deflect negative energy You know-- remember the old school rhyme? "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you"-- that's a spell, really. Use a visualization of a mirror, around yourself. Keep it up, like a shield. It works

Off to study for my first exam, in Assessment. Wish me luck! 50 questions-- at least they're all multiple choice
You're right, it is time I define myself for me, I'm just not sure how

This is just another reason why I wish I could go to a cabin in the woods (with internet access hehehe) and just be by myself. I have no idea where to start with defining myself, is that sad???

Totally did the visualization and felt immediate relief. I am so going to have to remember to keep it up. I am terrible at sticking with things like that.

Good luck on you exam!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
No, it wasn't about school.
DOK. I hope everything is okay.

Well, my sister and nephew came over last night and left about 30 minutes ago. I hardly got to spend time with him and am sorta bummed about that. Her husband is such a UA violation, a LOT like my ex-husband, only his verbal/psychological abuse is much more in the open. *sigh*

Anyway, I am determined to have a good day today.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#191 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Subbing and hoping to have time for the thread soon!:

Valérie   
#192 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 05:16 PM

gun- so exciting! :

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#193 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
We will be off to the hospital in 30 mins or so.
Oh mama. I hope you get really good news.

#194 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:

OK, it took me forever to figure it out, with lots of help, but here's how: at the very bottom of each post, on the right corner, is 3 little icons: the left one says Quote, the middle is quote marks and a plus sign, and the right one is a quill. Click the middle one (quote marks and plus sign) when you want to quote somebody. Nothing will happen except the little icon will turn red. You do this for everybody you want to quote, and when you get to the end of the thread, you hit "reply", and in your reply area will be everybody's post that you want to reply to.
Thanks!! I had no idea that multi-quote button was down there. This will so help my limited-memory capacity!

Quote:

Quote:
We will be off to the hospital in 30 mins or so. We get the results from the genetics stuff we did with DD.
{{{fingers crossed}}}

Sorry I've not been posting much. Slipping into this new (and good) homeschooling routine has been very time and energy consuming. I had really gotten accustomed to long stretches of time all summer when the children were just happy to do their own thing and I would read or knit or sew. Now it's pretty full-contact around here. I know I'll get used to this, but just for now, I am so grateful that the boys (all work accomplished for the day) are playing in the woods (I think I heard something about fort building) and Whinnie is asleep.

Maryhippie.gif

#195 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 07:54 PM

Remember how earlier I said I was gonna have a good day???

*sigh*

My sister left her husband of less than 2 months....again. He was going off on her calling her lazy, told her he was done with her, wanted a divorce, that she was a failure, etc. So, she left. While my Mom and I were there loading what we could into the 2 cars, he came home early from school. He started begging her not to go. Classical abuse crap. Its all so ridiculous.

#196 of 595 Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Oh my - I think it really really is fall here. I was in my backyard - leaves were falling, my raspberries and zucchini are definitely slowing down - and my collard greens are going insane. Oh - and all I want to eat is carbs. That and spiced apples. And honeycrisp apples
Well, color me jealous! It'll be our turn soon enough, though. While I wore a sleeveless dress all day (with a sweater over, sometimes), I changed into sweats and flannel when I got home, for the first time this fall! : With the windows open, it's right chilly in here. Mmmm, yummy!

What are honeycrisp apples? They sound delicious!! Got recipe?

Quote:
Breathe in, breathe out.

Quote:
We will be off to the hospital in 30 mins or so. We get the results from the genetics stuff we did with DD. I'm really nervous.

Tomorrow evening I leave for my first weekend away from DD ever! Let's hope it goes well.
How did it go, mama? I hope you got the answers you were wanting. And I hope your weekend is not too stressful with a happy reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
after much hunting, i found a website for the artist with the beautiful coats and stuff. regardless, thought i'd share so others can drool with me:
http://www.coloratura.com/index.php

Maia: i know how to multi-quote... it's just that my brain forgets what i want to say unless i handle it one quote at a time. something about low dopamine levels i'm sure...

singin angel - plantain leaf! stuff some leaves into a bottle of vegetable glycerin and forget about it for a few weeks. instant first aid remedy for cuts.
Ooooh, I like the plain black one, hooded. $290 is way, way out of my price range, though, cause I wouldn't wear it all the time. But it's just what I've been looking for-- one where it actually has something resembling sleeves, so my arms don't stick out or I have to fling it back over my shoulders to use my arms.

Whoops on the multiquote instructions, then...at least Mary got use out of them, yay

Plaintain and glycerine?? Isn't it sticky? I made a salve last year out of plantain and beeswax. I put too much wax and not enough oil in, though, so I think I need to melt it down again and add some more oil. It's too solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
My sister left her husband of less than 2 months....again. He was going off on her calling her lazy, told her he was done with her, wanted a divorce, that she was a failure, etc. So, she left. While my Mom and I were there loading what we could into the 2 cars, he came home early from school. He started begging her not to go. Classical abuse crap. Its all so ridiculous.
It is, that. It's hard to watch, too. That happened to someone I sort of knew, this summer. I rescued her and went to all this trouble and she went back to the so-and-so the very next day. Ack.

So, I think the exam went alright. Hard to tell! It's all convoluted the way they ask the questions. You have to know background stuff to be able to answer. Like, a mama comes into the doc's office with her infant, who is African American and has a blue-black spot on its butt. The mom says the baby was born with it. Is this normal?
And there are 4 answers to choose from. You have to know what the spot IS, to be able to answer! What color, the location, why it's there, etc.

Got to talk to Cari on FB IM!! It's tomorrow there.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#197 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 AM

did i just read three clay-free pages? hope you're doing ok, momma.... hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
mmmm How'd I forget that spunkrat?!?
rotflmao! dont ask me how i know, but there's some really amusing soft-core *ahem* out there involving the cast of voyager....

Quote:
Am I the only one who likes Aragorn? I think he's way hotter than Legolas...but I've always been partial to darker haired men anyway. Legolas is cute, but he's too...I dunno, clean, or something
we had this conversation before... yeah, what cari said. it's not that he's HOT... but escapist? romantic? dreamy? floating away and all cares and the real world vanish? yeah.

Quote:
Aweyn? When and to where are you moving? :
ahhh, well... we've had this conversation before, too! where? dunno! when? well, probably some time next summer... dh is done with school this winter (gods be praised, knock on wood....), and needs to finish up the school "year" with his work, but then.... well.... heck. get me out of this hot dry land and somewhere i can grow something a tad more... naturally...

Quote:
It didn't go well. At all.
hugs, momma. hope it gets better.

Quote:
It's deliciously cool right now. Windows open. Brought out the pumpkin Yankee candles and I've had two fall altars since Lammas...
keep saying things like that and i might just move in with you.....

Quote:
Or maybe my baby is actually a tapeworm.
i'm skimming, so i almost missed that. so so glad i didnt.

Quote:
...We get the results from the genetics stuff we did with DD. I'm really nervous.
massive vibes coming your way, momma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
You're right, it is time I define myself for me, I'm just not sure how
ok, really, dont hit me or anything, but... tapping. :-)
have you heard of "the artists way"? it's got a bit of a reputation of the book that women of my mom's generation use when they suddenly find themselves with no husband, no kids, and no "self"..... but it's a wonderful concept, i think. i know lots of women who really find a lot thru it....
& for what it's worth, i went thru a similar "oh, wow, now what do i do" moment when i quit grad school and gave up what i'd always imagined would be my life... you'll find your path...

hugs and vibes to all!
#198 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 03:43 AM

Lookie what I made mamas For those that don't make it over to the altar fun thread : She isn't perfect, but I'm very happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at sculpting anything!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#199 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
With the windows open, it's right chilly in here. Mmmm, yummy!

What are honeycrisp apples? They sound delicious!! Got recipe?
Here too! It's gotten chilly enough to close the windows at night and to enjoy the breezes during the day. I got my favorite (worn out, bedraggled) sweater out this week. It looks not so good these days but feels great to throw on over a shirt!

Honeycrisp apples are divine! Like the name implies, they are sweet. I don't have any recipes, but we made homemade applesauce yesterday with a combo of honeycrisp and gala. It was delish! I'm over the moon with excitement that they sell them at a local orchard! We'll be going back next week for more.

Quote:
Lookie what I made mamas For those that don't make it over to the altar fun thread : She isn't perfect, but I'm very happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at sculpting anything!
I am not kidding, Cari! I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I saw it in a store. Beautiful and so spirit-filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
=ahhh, well... we've had this conversation before, too! where? dunno! when? well, probably some time next summer... dh is done with school this winter (gods be praised, knock on wood....), and needs to finish up the school "year" with his work, but then.... well.... heck. get me out of this hot dry land and somewhere i can grow something a tad more... naturally...
Like near me.

Busy Friday here. Since we didn't 'do school' on Monday we will be finishing up a few things today (normally we'd only have school M-Th) and I got up early to get a jump on it all. But withing 5 minutes my baby-goddess realized I was out of bed and came and sat on me and fell back to sleep. It's some kind of bliss to have a good internet connection and a sleeping baby on your lap and listening to the rain before sunrise.

Happy Friday everyone....even if it is 9/11...which is a day of such sadness for me.

Maryhippie.gif

#200 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 AM

Morning All!

Cari- love it!

Bella- hang in there sweetie- I know it seems like you and your family is being dumped on but I really feel there is a reason we go through all of the tough stuff.

Aweyn- you tapping enabler! lol JK Actually, your reminders are very helpful to me. Moving to a climate that isn't a dessert would be nice. No ideas where you might go?

Maia- the weather here is chilly in the morning/night but warm enough during the day for shorts, which is pretty unusual for us. I'm not complaining cause the snow will fly before I know it.

Did some yoga yesterday and felt much better- all stretchy and aligned. Today wraps up our first week. : We are doing it, we really are.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#201 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Bella - I hope things get better for your sis!

Cari - that sculpture is awesome!

Maia - I hope the quiz went well!

Mary - I'm glad that your homeschooling is going well, even if it's kept you away from here A new routine can take some work but it sounds like your 3 littles are having a great time

Thank you all for your well-wishes for DD. We got there and it came back negative for CHARGE and the karyotyping came back normal. Thank the gods!

Today being 9/11, I'm thinking of the tragedy and of those who have lost loved ones or who were touched in a myriad of ways.

I hope to check in later this afternoon before I head off to the base, temporary home on and off for the next two months. I won't have internet access other than e-mail and military stuff, so I'll have to catch up when I get back :P

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#202 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 AM

sa~huzzah!!! (eta: wait, so you'll be basically "gone" for two whole months??? ack! we'll miss you!!!!)

aeress~ lol, thanks.
where? well... maybe. dh and i both are drawn to OR... we visited it a lot when we lived in WA, and i have old family roots there that seem to call me (and others in my family, interestingly...)... but i'm frightened to near death of going back to NW gloooom....

9-11... wow. i've been under a rock! i didnt realize it was here already... thinking of that day... and what else it means, too-- my cousin's b'day, my friend's anniversary....
and, for those of us who note such things, pluto turns direct today... watching to see what comes up today.....

and, once more, i'm off to altar camp to try to catch up!!!
#203 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
she is lovely. i love how you did the hair. very sensual!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#204 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
sa~huzzah!!! (eta: wait, so you'll be basically "gone" for two whole months??? ack! we'll miss you!!!!)

Not two whole months, but 4 weekends over the next two months (two weekends each). I don't think I could handle being away from everyone for that long Sorry for misleading you!

#205 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Not two whole months, but 4 weekends over the next two months (two weekends each).
Oh, good!

Maryhippie.gif

#206 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Morning Mamas.

I am so tired. I am just not getting enough sleep. No matter what time I go to bed, I wake up super early and I can't go to sleep very early because I am just not tired at all.

I am so ready for the good times.

to all, I am not awake enough still to respond intelligently. I'll be back later.

#207 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This thread is flying by! I really need to catch up! I have been reading the Lady of Ten Thousand Names with my girls and they love it. It's about Goddesses around the world. Nothing else to say right now, though.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#208 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Cari- That's fantastic!

Sorry, can't type much today. One handed due to owie. Xrays at 4:00.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

#209 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
This thread is flying by! I really need to catch up! I have been reading the Lady of Ten Thousand Names with my girls and they love it. It's about Goddesses around the world. Nothing else to say right now, though.
That sounds like a good book! I need to go look that one up.

Quote:
Sorry, can't type much today. One handed due to owie. Xrays at 4:00.
Did I miss something? What's with the hand owie? (Yes, you can reply later when you can type more. )

Maryhippie.gif

#210 of 595 Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM

sa~ phew!

bella~ i know we talked about this before, but have you tried magnesium? the "natural calm" powder drink stuff really helps me sleep better (i cant take it for very long, though, but to get thru a crazy time, i love it)...

dok, ouch! hope you're ok!

i'm going bonkers here... ds is "better" from his sickies, but he's being really fussy and non-communicative... we did have a decent conversation earlier, but i am drained and in need of some time to tap and journal! (dh was supposed to take him out this morning, but little one pitched a fit and refused to go, so now i'm going on three weeks with no journaling or tapping time alone, and i'm not really pleased with that! sigh.) ok, vent over.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page