September Pagan Circle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome September! :

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 AM
gun

Hope it is a fantastic month for all!!

Peace- Heather
#3 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Liza- Sounds like a wonderful day!

Today: I'm hoping ds's teacher is at school so he can meet her before school starts. I should have put it into his IEP that he needs to officially meet the teacher before school starts. I just assumed they would offer that to him.

Also can finally go grocery shopping. Roo is so excited about making one of the recipes from Kids' Kitchen. He'll help find the ingredients and then we'll make it later today. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Also have to go to a couple stores in town to drop off forms for our local merchant discount program. These people are dragging their feet and it's time I say, submit it today or it'll be too late.

E gads, I'm out of milk/cream so I can't have any tea this morning. Ds woke up super early. Must. Have. Caffeine! I'm going to make him get dressed early and am going to walk into town for a latte. mmmm

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#4 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Morning Ladies! I love how much one day can change things! MIL apologized for over reacting and mentioned that she needs to consider her language and how she writes. Umm, ya, telling me that I am going to bring her financial ruin should really be reworded.

But I can feel the wheel turning. We have cool mornings and evenings, which I love. I love the crispness in the air, the scent of concord grapes and ripening orange and yellow gourds,pumpkins and squash, on the vine. :

I will catch up with everyone today- I have missed stuff...the whole bead thing, and what everyone is up to.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#5 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 AM

root canal all finished! now on to making a baby. this is my 8th month. i have my 34 week appt today. and i get to go by myself! usually i have to take DD with me, but DH is home today. that means i can stop for groceries myself too! ah, alone time. better get it while i can.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#6 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

The wheel is definately on it's way to fall...cool mornings and not too much warmer during the days. However, we have this beautiful sunshine and we are expecting it to last into next week.

DDs birthday is on Saturday and my anxiety is starting to rise. I invited my family as a good faith gesture to the park where we will hang out for a few hours and I thought it was only my mom, her partner, my sisters and my grandmother...but it sounds like more people may be coming and I didn't know they were invited...

I think we will venture outside soon...take DD to the park she likes and I have to do some cleaning since DH's family is coming Thursday night (which adds more anxiety over the party...just the interaction part). I also have a little bit of work just making sure I get things together for my staff meeting tomorrow night and a quick update on my training schedule.

Not to mention my LLL meeting tonight...ah it is definately time to ground here...relax.

I wanted to mention that last night I took DD out to the park while DH was off in his own world and she loved looking up at the clouds. She sat on the hill with me and she watched the ultimate frizbee game that was going on, which gave me those precious few moments where I could listen and feel the wind and enjoy the trees around me without worrying about anything. It was beautiful!

I also need to get back into the yoga practice I was doing with DD. There was an awesome book I bought a while back "Itsy Bitsy Yoga" with yoga postures based on developmental stages. It was fun and we haven't done it in a bit...I also need to get back to my own practice. No better time to begin than the present...but I feel I need a schedule. DD gets up at 6:30am and goes to bed around 9pm. She does nap about 2 hours in between, which is a chance for me to get stuff done. I would try the evening but DHs version of playing with her is letting her sit in front of the tv while he plays games on facebook...lol. Hence why I do the playing lol (but a break would be great)!.

Well it looks like I have lots to think about and meditate on now...and the month is just beginning...

I hope the new month brings wonderful things into each of your lives!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#7 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM

I feel like I sort of floated through August. Have no idea where it went.

The kidlet started 2nd grade yesterday and I can already feel life coming back into focus. It was like summer vacation sent us all out of whack and we needed to get back into routine.

Happy September all!

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#8 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
DDs birthday is on Saturday and my anxiety is starting to rise. I invited my family as a good faith gesture to the park where we will hang out for a few hours and I thought it was only my mom, her partner, my sisters and my grandmother...but it sounds like more people may be coming and I didn't know they were invited...
What you do is, assertively ask "So, what dish are you bringing?"
Srsly, though, I would.

Happy Birthday to DD! How old is she?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#9 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 PM

I LOVE SEPTEMBER!! :::

It is my absolute favorite month of the year. Still plenty of sunshine but cooler temperatures that make you WANT to be outside...instead of hiding inside like the hottest part of summer or coldest part of winter.

And yeah, my brains saw that it was Sept. 1st this morning and no part of said brain thought to look for (or even, gasp, create) as september pagan circle thread! Oy!

Anyway, onward.

Since we have a big ole' full moon coming on Friday....can you ladies give me some ideas of things to do with the whole family to celebrate?! As we start our homeschooling year officially next Tuesday (9/8) I want to get this going as I want moon phase awareness to be part of our seasonal/cyclical emphasis this year.

So, I need ideas for FUN stuff...nothing long, nothing too ritualistic, because I want them to do something and be actively engaged.

I thought I might go looking for a mooncake recipe as well.

After they are all asleep I'll go have my own alone-time in the light of the full moon. That was amazingly transformative and recharging for me last month. Maybe I'll even have a little witchy stuff ready to try out.

Happy September everyone!

Maryhippie.gif

#10 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 PM

Woohoo September! Today is my dh's 35th bday. The girls and I will bake a cake today. It's also Not Back to School day for us here too. Mary, we'll start hs next Tues too ( I'm really enjoying the waldorf hs thread you started, thank you!)

We were gone camping most of August. And while that was a wonderful, much needed break, I am looking forward to staying home, working on finishing up house projects, reading books, baking, and sewing.

I spent some time outside yesterday evening too. I think for Fri's full moon, just sitting outside ( alone or as a family) and soaking it up is enough. Maybe I'll see a meteorite.
#11 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM

I cant believe September is here....though we have been having the coolest summer I remember. It is usually really hot and nasty in august...the highs have been only in the 70s!!! Its amazing, but I kind of worry about what this means for the winter?

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#12 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM

September! And an excuse to use the yummiest word in the English language... AUTUMNAL! mmmmmm.... yummy warm caramel juicy black cap crunchy apple tangy woodsmoke misty cool morning bright blue sky riot of leaves smooth pumpkin pie spiced cider Autumnal!

Lurve it.

It's dipping into the 40s at night but still in the 60-70s during the day. We have so much to do before it snows though. I'm a bit worried about that...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#13 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Saphire -- you're welcome
I intend to be more active on that thread once we actually start. I'm sitting here looking through my planning book right now. I looking to see if I need to request any books from the library system. It's a small system, too, so I have to give them plenty of time to find the resources.

I'm sooooo glad that Carrie (bendingbirch? -- author of The Parenting Passageway blog) joined in. She is an amazing resource.

Are you on Melisa's yahoo group too? It's a great resource too...filled with wise waldorf homeschooling veterans as well as Melisa herself.

It was incredibly hot here most of August. We made it to about the 14th before turning the AC on and then turned it off any chance we could and opened the house up. So I think it was a pretty normal summer weather wise here. But I am loving these cooler temps we've had for the past 2 days. It's been in the mid 50s when I get up and then not getting past about 75 all day. That is perfection in my book!

Now when I think of taking the attachlings on a morning nature walk it doesn't seem so *blicky* I'm hoping that going out for a short walk each morning will help work out those 'wiggles' so that they are ready for the day...well, especially Nic since he will have to do the 'sitting still' work of writing.

Off to more planning...

Maryhippie.gif

#14 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Hey mamas! I'm going to be joining you all and following your threads for now. I normally post over in the Buddhist thread, but I have a strong pull back towards my Pagan beliefs lately. I have started a yahoo group and am trying to get some interest locally in a Pagan book club and grove. It feels like the right step in my path.

Anyways... it's nice to meet you all!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#15 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Wow, its September already?? This year is just flying by.........wow.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#16 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM

LeeAnn! Tis a wonderful bunch of ladies here!

Wombat -- I totally agree! I love the word AUTUMNAL it just rolls of the lips with so much promise!

I have so many notations in my homeschooling planner about baking things together and as late as last week I was thinking, 'ugh! who wants to bake in this heat?' But now I am wearing my favorite old sweater and thinking about making cinnamon rolls for dinner.

Autumn is awesome! Happy, Happy, Happy September! :

(and you know I mean it if I can be this cheerful whilst being plagued with a monster headache!!)

Maryhippie.gif

#17 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 05:24 PM

Afternoon mamas. Today and yesterday were beautiful! I can't believe how many trees are turning already. September, October and November are my favorite months of the year weather wise. I have been so tired lately, I even needed a nap yesterday.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#18 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM

September already! I can hardly believe it. My youngest is entering kindergarten this year and my oldest is on to middle school. This weekend dh and i are planing a family ritual to mark these milestones.

And harvest is in full swing. I'm picking, peeling or canning with every spare moment.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#19 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 PM

I can tell it's September... All the pagans come out of hiding.

It's been a busy day. Now I'm fighting with my computer because I'm trying to set up an online Pampered Chef party (stoneware is on sale, dude!). My email has been wonky so sending out the link, etc, is driving me bonkers.

We went to meet ds's new teacher today. She's younger than I expected. And she has blonde hair so ds is happy. Yes, you read that right. Because Cinderella has blonde hair, he has a thing for blondes. LOL. She seems gentle yet organized...yippee!
School starts tomorrow (half day).

#20 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM

(i'll try that again when i'm more awake... <blush>)
#21 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
SOL!! {{{that's snort out loud}}}

I snorted when I read that, DOK! Too funny.

Happy to say I came out of hiding, or whatever that was I was doing, long before Septemeber.

Maryhippie.gif

#22 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can't believe August flew by so darn quick. YAY for Autumn!!!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#23 of 595 Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Morning Ladies! I love how much one day can change things! MIL apologized for over reacting and mentioned that she needs to consider her language and how she writes. Umm, ya, telling me that I am going to bring her financial ruin should really be reworded.
Wow she SAID that... OUTLOUD?? : I'm glad she apologized and let's hope she was genuine & makes an effort to be more kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I feel like I sort of floated through August. Have no idea where it went.
Mine did that too lol. I didn't arrive home till the 13th.. but I can't decide if the 2.5wks since I got home flew past, or have crept quietly away without my noticing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
We had the coolest day yesterday. DS and I went out with another momma and her DD to look for beluga whales. We found them and watched them for 2.5 hours. We walked out to a rocky point about 1/2 off the highway and they were so close we could hear them exhaling/spouting.
<snipped>
(Hopefully we won't have it on the ground here until late Oct or November - But maybe we'll focus on celebrating what the coming snow means rather than dreading the short days of winter - more snow on the ground does mean more light a snowless winter is sooo dreary.)
You live in Alaska? *sigh* I think I remember that now... what a beautiful, but BRIEF autumn! LOL : Whale watching and critter spotting was one of our favourite past times when we lived there. (NOTE: I think I carried thisquote over from the Aug thread before I clued in that it's sept.. thanks to DOK's reminder post lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Woohoo September! Today is my dh's 35th bday. The girls and I will bake a cake today. It's also Not Back to School day for us here too. Mary, we'll start hs next Tues too ( I'm really enjoying the waldorf hs thread you started, thank you!)
My hubbys 36th was yesterday We made the most pathetic looking, but yummy, cake for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
September! And an excuse to use the yummiest word in the English language... AUTUMNAL! mmmmmm.... yummy warm caramel juicy black cap crunchy apple tangy woodsmoke misty cool morning bright blue sky riot of leaves smooth pumpkin pie spiced cider Autumnal!
*sigh what a description clay! For me it's Verrrrrnal : We're in for a hell summer though apparently : So our days will start shifting by Samhain/Beltaine.... By then the boys & I will be outside by about 630am and back in for the day (most days) by 9ish. The sun & heat gets too unbearable after that most days! By then I'll be WISHING for Autumnal-ness hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMommy80 View Post
Hey mamas! I'm going to be joining you all and following your threads for now. I normally post over in the Buddhist thread, but I have a strong pull back towards my Pagan beliefs lately. I have started a yahoo group and am trying to get some interest locally in a Pagan book club and grove. It feels like the right step in my path.

Anyways... it's nice to meet you all!
Welcome EarthMommy. Good thing Paganism & Buddhism aren't mutually exclusive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Wow, its September already?? This year is just flying by.........wow.
I was just thinking about you... You need some local pagan girlfriends (or even not pagan) to celebrate your freedom with friday night. One of my books has a divorce 'ritual' for setting yourself (or in case of a 'friendly' divorce, each other) free. There was lots of powerful symbology there! The woman in the ritual started out with her hair tied up/put up, and wearing a dark dress or sarong (over other clothing) and then during the course of the ritual one of the other women pulled the pin letting her hair down and she whipped off the sarong to reveal a colourful, gorgeous dress and danced to celebrate HERSELF and the opportunities now before her. It sounded awesome... You need to find a way to turn this into not being about what you perceive as your failure... and into being about your recognizing it was time to be free, ala a butterfly in a cocoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

It's been a busy day. Now I'm fighting with my computer because I'm trying to set up an online Pampered Chef party (stoneware is on sale, dude!). My email has been wonky so sending out the link, etc, is driving me bonkers.

We went to meet ds's new teacher today. She's younger than I expected. And she has blonde hair so ds is happy. Yes, you read that right. Because Cinderella has blonde hair, he has a thing for blondes. LOL. She seems gentle yet organized...yippee!
School starts tomorrow (half day).
Oh I love me some pampered chef lol... damn that pacific ocean! I hope the blondeness is the starting point for a great working relationship for your ds with his teacher :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#24 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 AM

Well, ladies, color me green with envy for all that FAB "autumnal" weather! It's still hot as sin here in Texas! It has gotten a smidge cooler in the mornings and it's only in the 90s during the day, so that's better than over 100! I'll just plan on living vicariously through you all....keep up the delicious autumn talk!!

Our second week of school seems to be trucking along pretty well. We're getting into the curriculum now so things will be busy! My kiddos this year seem pretty nice, if a bit overly talkative. I'll just have to figure out some creative ways to channel that chattiness (although, for some of them, it's full blown diarrhea of the mouth!!) More seriously, I'm always amazed at the differences in what some of my students think is appropriate at school and in public as compared to what I was taught. Not to be ugly about it or anything. I don't hold it against them, but some behaviors/actions/spoken thoughts boggle my mind!

I am welcoming this new season with open arms and can't wait for Samhain and the New Year. I close on my house in about three weeks and after my great session with my therapist this weekend, I really feel like a new chapter is opening.....I feel blessed! Happy September, all!

Mama to an angel boy and a pixie girl
#25 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

I was just thinking about you... You need some local pagan girlfriends (or even not pagan) to celebrate your freedom with friday night. One of my books has a divorce 'ritual' for setting yourself (or in case of a 'friendly' divorce, each other) free. There was lots of powerful symbology there! The woman in the ritual started out with her hair tied up/put up, and wearing a dark dress or sarong (over other clothing) and then during the course of the ritual one of the other women pulled the pin letting her hair down and she whipped off the sarong to reveal a colourful, gorgeous dress and danced to celebrate HERSELF and the opportunities now before her. It sounded awesome... You need to find a way to turn this into not being about what you perceive as your failure... and into being about your recognizing it was time to be free, ala a butterfly in a cocoon!
I do need pagan girlfriends!! I want to celebrate on Friday, my Mom wants to go to the casino...the one right up the road from where my EX is now. I said I didn't really want to go there ever again. So we will see what happens. I rather just go to a bar, drink, shoot pool, etc

Oooh, that sounds like a great ritual! Hrmmm, maybe I could do a variation of that myself on say...Thursday night since the hearing is Friday afternoon? Did I mention EX won't be there?? Yeah, coward. Its all good though, I have no desire to see him.

I've been spending the day reading my favorite J.R. Ward book. I'm about to crack open another one too. I think its helping to keep me distracted while raising my vibration I need to work on being more positive again. I was doing so well before the EX left and before I let him play me recently. Should be interesting to see what my positivity brings.

Oh and Autumn is my FAVORITE time of year. LOVE it.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#26 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Got to catch up with one of my co-leaders...It was awesome! I just got in (and I left about 5 hours ago!).

Also a little funny from the universe...on Saturday at our planning meeting, the four of us co-leaders were saying that it would be great to have another group in the east end of the city because it is a far drive to the other groups from there. Then we were saying, we just didn't have enough members to split the group...we weren't at 25 moms or anything. Guess what happens at tonight's meeting? 20 moms! We were running out of room! We'll see how the toddler meeting goes next week and the series meeting next month.

I also came home and the laundry was all done! I had sorted it all out and DH did it all! Just wonderful! I now need to relax a little so I can sleep. I also saw the beautiful moon! Sooo pretty!

I have been reading "The Earth Path" and I have to say that I like some of the activities/ideas/meditations that are in there. I don't always connect with everything she says but at least there is some good useful stuff that I can practically make use of or something that makes me reflect on where I am, where I am going, etc. It does go through each of the elements with specific things tied to each one (and some are simple like practicing your observation skills). Off to dive into the spiritual work and hope that I can get grounded so I can sleep.

#27 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 AM

Morning all. I am trying to wake up this morning. I slept so deep I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Third day of High School for my guys. Things seem to be going well. This year is proving to be a bit tough on me, my guys are getting ready to fininsh up with school and move on to college in 2 years and it's just hitting me.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#28 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Roo starts 1st grade! Yippee! (I'm a little nervous about it because it's quite different from Kindergarten.)

#29 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM

DOK- it is pretty different but hopefully his teacher will temper the requirements by offering great projects that really engage him.

Gun- I mean't comment on the other thread- I am so happy to hear that everything is back on track for the adoption.

Maia- how are you holding up dear?

Singin- You know, I find everytime I say something like, "lets not" or "we dont" someone in the universe hears me and poof, we are suddenly overwhelmed with helpers, people and lots of kids. It is great!

I have a slight scratchy throat, think I have a mild cold. Time to kick up the herbs, vitamins for fall.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#30 of 595 Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Mornin' Ladies!

I'm on the second day of a 2 day headache (it had better not be a 3 day headache!) and it sucks.

I've had headaches and migraines since I was 16...but that doesn't make them any better to live with. When we lived in Indiana our family doc would do cranial sacral adjustments and acupuncture and I'd be headache free again for a good long while. I need to find someone here to help me with these horrible, life-sucking, things.

Anyway, yes autumnal weather! loving it! The boys have been spending 3-5 hours outside playing in the woods, climbing, building forts, digging and using their muscles and imaginations BIG time. They come in dirty and tired and after dinner they practically beg for bedtime.

I take Whinnie out in front of the house in the mornings and she plays, visits the cat, digs in the gravel driveway, moves the cat, draws with chalk, moves the cat...yeah, she's obsessed with our free cat, Solstice, who seems to have adopted us (he showed up on the evening of the summer solstice and has been around since...) While she does all these things, I knit. Heaven.

I spent time yesterday afternoon looking through my homeschooling planning pages and am really loving what I am seeing. I needed to take time to integrate the math work for Nic, since I didn't have that book yet when I wrote out the rest.

Goodness, a full moon Friday and a three-day-weekend and then we start school!

Maryhippie.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page