Autumn Equinox/Mabon Activities for Toddlers/Preschoolers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2.5yo. I would like some ideas on simple activities we could do together to celebrate the holiday. Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 AM

We're going on a scenic autumn train ride - our DS (2.5) is seriously into trains right now. We're also going apple picking.

Corn mazes, hayrides, etc. are also fun, might be better closer to Halloween though.

For more at-home activities, we're always big on baking and cooking. Any apple-y, squash-y etc. recipes would work well I think. Making apple sauce, maybe? Or apple prints, where you cut them in half and dip them in paint and stamp them on paper?

Going on a nature walk to collect natural items of the season, or taking photos together and making a mabon viewbook of what your neighborhood/yard looks like in each season.

Looking forward to reading other ideas!

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
#3 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 AM

I have a 3yo, and we are seriously lacking in the Fall dept. (I live on the US/Mexico Border.) We'll be doing some cooking, and hopefully making mulled cider; might do some stuff with clay, making/drawing something to symbolize the equal length of the day.. The nature walk is a perfect idea. I especially like the neighborhood aspect, since different neighbors have different trees and all, and trees age differently.. color at different rates, that sort of thing. GL!

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#4 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 AM

totally looking for stuff to do with my 2 1/2 YO too!

I think a nature walk would be just the thing...collecting things for our "fall" alter along the way!

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#5 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

We're going apple picking this weekend! I'm more thinking of something we can d the day of - simple and small - to celebrate.
#6 of 6 Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM

well, there's always pagan summer camp for inspiration... last summer, cariofoz gave us awesome craft ideas for each of the 8 holidays.... here's the link to the post that has mabon in it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page