~*~October Pagan Families Thread~*~ - Page 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#871 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There were a LOT of T or T'ers here but we were out for most of it. By the time we came back, I only had a handful of kids. No one after 7:30.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#872 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
And tonight, he met "the great pumpkin"
Yikes about the tree - glad everyone is safe! I LOVE your belly painting!! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas. Well last night was beautiful here too, we had some rain, but it was warm and very windy. We had 1 trick or treater I would like to think it was the weather? Yesterday I wore a shirt, out in public (huge step) that has a pentagram and the words, Proud to be who I am. Maybe not a huge step since it was halloween but I felt brave wearing it.
you're still about 20 steps ahead of me I'm proud of ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
There were a LOT of T or T'ers here but we were out for most of it. By the time we came back, I only had a handful of kids. No one after 7:30.
We had 18 or so ToTs whihc is more than previous years and they were in real costumes which was nice, for a couple years it was all jerseys (cheer, ftball, scr, etc) BORING. DH didn't even want to hand out anything cause I didn't buy candy and made him fork over his stash.

Due to allergies we had the great pumpkin leave goody bags on the front bench while we were gone that the girls got to discover when we came home. I'll try to post a pic of DD1, she immediately opened every sucker

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#873 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm also glad no one came to the door just then. They would have seen screaming, bloody, crying children and a topless woman sitting on the floor turning piurple trying not to laugh.
OMG
That is a stunning visual, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
A tree came down in my backyard yesterday evening in a windstorm. Amazingly, while it grew just 8 feet from my house, it fell just about perfectly parallel to the house and managed to pretty much miss the house entirely. One panel of our metal roof might need to be replaced - the 2" lip that overhangs the eave was crushed. It also missed hitting the electric hook-up on the roof by less than 6 inches - so we feel very lucky.
Holy cow!! Glad it's all good; how scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas. Well last night was beautiful here too, we had some rain, but it was warm and very windy. We had 1 trick or treater I would like to think it was the weather? Yesterday I wore a shirt, out in public (huge step) that has a pentagram and the words, Proud to be who I am. Maybe not a huge step since it was halloween but I felt brave wearing it.
That is so awesome, redveg. It's a first step. My early days I was wearing a pentagram on a thong around my neck, inside my shirt. I felt so...sneaky, sort of. Like I wanted to show it but wasn't ready yet. It did feel brave. Now I'm wide, wide open. I like to think I am the kind of Pagan I want people to see, the kind that if I'm the only Pagan they ever meet, can honestly and with integrity represent the Pagan community. Same with my sobriety. It's that important to me to live a life of dignity and integrity.

OMG mamas...I'm so, so in love. I just can not wait 24 more days to see him!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#874 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Somebody needs to go start a November thread! Shall I?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#875 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Somebody needs to go start a November thread! Shall I?
Good grief, I forgot again.

#876 of 876 Old 11-01-2009, 03:53 PM

November Pagan Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version