~*~October Pagan Families Thread~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not having much pc time lately. I just want to pop in and say HI and to the new faces.

Dh and I got loads of stuff done this weekend- we cleaned the garage, partially grouted the shower, put up pendant lights, another clothes rod in our closet, oil change in 1 car.... so, not much online time. I did read to catch up. Cari- sorry for your ratty losses, I hope the boys are dealing well. Clay, I'm sure you're still anxious about your mama, but fwiw I think you did the best thing possible. For everyone who's not feeling well,

I'm really focusing on homeschooling right now. Our whole routine was so disrupted last year while we were building the house, I have to really put out effort to get things back to "normal". I need to set aside some "me" time too, to reconnect.
The weather was very cloudy and rainy this weekend, so I barely got a peek at the moon. And it's quite chilly out today, I plan on taking the girls out to find leaves to dip in wax for Autumn decorations.
#122 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Thanks! Of course, it's been something like 30 years of don't ask/don't tell so I may not be the best guide! Then again, I guess I show that it's always possible for the leopard to change his shorts (as they say in discworld). It's been a conscious decision and process for the last 4 years or so. The thing is every time I'd try to talk about a trigger topic she'd shut things down and "forget" that she'd ever been told about whatever it was. Or re-work th conversation to fit whatever story she was living. So the same piece of info could cause shock over and over.

This is the first time DH and I hae written a letter and sent it... usually we write it "(or I write one) and then burn it. Just as a tool for venting. But we were inspired by Tracy's article, the recent sermons at our church, and the fact that the situation was balanced on edge and not healthy for anyone. The letter we sent was very neutral, and polite, and short. We tried not to be personal or point fingers. But yesterday she called to tell DH that they wouldn't make coffee either (after missing brunch) and that they were going to be too busy this week to visit. And next week they leave town for an unknown period of time. So despite our attempt to be gentle in honesty it's pretty clear the letter wasn't "welcome news". I worry for my dad...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#123 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something.
Hoping you get well soon!

Clay-

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#124 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I plan on taking the girls out to find leaves to dip in wax for Autumn decorations.
what a great idea!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#125 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Morning All.

For right now, I am going to keep smoking a bit. I know it sucks, but until I'm in a better place mentally to handle the panic attack withdraw symptoms, I can't do it. I am gonna cut down though.

I have counseling @ 3pm. Gonna work on my vision board until then. I decided to put a picture of myself on there.

to all.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#126 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:19 PM

I had my baby! at 5:47am this morning. 7lb 13.5 oz. 20 inches. Emily Marie. no drugs! i went into active labor at 3 am and had her real quick! i will post pics tomorrow!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#127 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
I had my baby! at 5:47am this morning. 7lb 13.5 oz. 20 inches. Emily Marie. no drugs! i went into active labor at 3 am and had her real quick! i will post pics tomorrow!
Congratulations! Welcome to Emily Marie!

#128 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!

Valérie   
#129 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 PM

SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH

Congrats mama and welcome little one.

#130 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I've had 3 cigarettes today, 2 of my sister's nasty menthols and my Mom came home with a pack for herself so I had one of those. Considering I smoke practically a pack a day, I think that is pretty good progress....right?? I think if it wasn't for the out of control emotional feelings I am having, i
It absolutely is progress. I'm thinking, though, that quitting can cause out of control emotional feelings (it did for me!), so it may be that, and not (or as well as) what you're going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Most places don't serve THAT much food.
I like a little beans, a few mushrooms, 1 piece of sausage, eggs.
OH! Who knew OK, then. I like different foods for breakfast, too. When I'm really doing well diet-wise, I like to have protein and veggies and a fruit, so that mushrooms and tomatoes don't sound too off, for me. It utterly grosses my mom out if I have, say, sauteed veggies with breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I think I must have pms. I'm in such a foul mood and I just can't get rid of it.
(tried gratitude, cleaning, thinking happy thoughts, etc etc).

That's it, I
It's all good. Sometimes when I feel like that, I too surrender and just give in to the feelings...tomorrow's another day

Quote:
For right now, I am going to keep smoking a bit. I know it sucks, but until I'm in a better place mentally to handle the panic attack withdraw symptoms, I can't do it. I am gonna cut down though.
Oh well. I know! Quitting is hard! But cutting down is a good thing. Maybe you can ration yourself and limit them to certain times of the day. That would be a good start to quitting, down the road. Also I found it helpful to "put off" a bit-- you know, when you want a smoke, delay it for 10 minutes. Sometimes I got distracted and ended up putting it off for 30 minutes or more. It's good practice

Quote:
WOOHOO!! Welcome Emily Marie! Do tell, and post pics, when you are able! Congratulations, Lioness!!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#131 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 PM

Yay! Welcome Emily!!!!

#132 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Welcome Emily Marie! COngrats Lioness!
Tha was a very quick labor!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#133 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Have a great babymoon! Yay!
#134 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Welcome to the world, Emily Marie! I hope you and your mama have a wonderful babymoon.

(And oh, I want to be babymooning next summer.)

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#135 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I am in apple heaven- making apple cream cheese spread today (bake or cook, apples with cinnamon, honey and nutmeg), let cook. WHen cool, blend into a block of cream cheese. SOunbds yummy to me. I am making fresh bread to go with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
ds1 & i went out to check out the moon & eat a "moon cake" a dear friend brought us from china

Quote:
:j oy
#136 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Congrats!! What a beautiful name.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#137 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:

welcome baby~! that IS a very quick labor. Hope everyone's doing well

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#138 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Welcome to the world Emily Marie

Congrats mama!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#139 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM

LionessMom - Congrats Mama! Welcome Emily Marie! I hope you are all doing well!

I thought I'd add my own good news...we got a BFP on Sunday (while I was on course). I have had some spotting since Friday night, but so so so small in amount. I am hoping it is just implantation but with the ectopic pregnancy history, I am a little scared. I want to be excited, but of course that is in the back of my mind.

If anyone has any pagan ways to relax...I am more than happy to try it!

But that was the news I was hoping for on the Full Moon!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#140 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Nicole- Hoping for the best!

#141 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Congrats!! What a quick labor! Her name is lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I thought I'd add my own good news...we got a BFP on Sunday (while I was on course). I have had some spotting since Friday night, but so so so small in amount. I am hoping it is just implantation but with the ectopic pregnancy history, I am a little scared. I want to be excited, but of course that is in the back of my mind.

Yay! Sticky vibes to you What awesome news to get on the full moon.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#142 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Singin- Congratulations! Sending sticky baby vibes to you!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#143 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Singin-Congrats!

I had a good counseling session again today. I go back again on Thursday @ 10 am...ugh

I am feeling really stressed out right now. I have been clenching my teeth so much lately and its really hurting right now. I really just want to run away, scream, cry, etc.

#144 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
#145 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Gosh I love autumn. I was putting Evan to bed last night, and when I turned off the bedroom light, I saw that big beautiful beam of moonlight coming in the window of the next bedroom. So I grabbed Evan, said "get up get up!!" He thought I was a lunatic after trying to get him to bed for the past 45 mins, and now was scooping him up and shoving him out to the next bedroom...lol

But he LOVES the moon. He stares at it for as long as he can, and he talks about the moon all the time. So when it's big and bright and full like that, I always try to make sure he gets to watch it for a while.

he told me to sing the star song, which means "twinkle twinkle little star" but when I got to the word star, he said "No no no mama...say MOON." I asked him to sing it for me about the moon, and he did - keep in mind, he has a moderate speech delay, so his way of saying words is hilarious:

"Winky winky iddle MOOOOOOOOOOOOON, how my nunners who you arrrre, up up up the woooold is HIGH, like the dinon in da skyyyyyyyyy. Winky winky IDDLE MOOOOOOONNNNNNN...." well you get the drift.

We went through it 4 times. Then he just stopped, stared for a few mnutes, and said "Ohay mama, night night big moon, is bedtime now?"

It was fun, and such a rare chance for me to enjoy a moment like that with my big boy.

Quote:
Singin-Congrats!

I had a good counseling session again today. I go back again on Thursday @ 10 am...ugh

I am feeling really stressed out right now. I have been clenching my teeth so much lately and its really hurting right now. I really just want to run away, scream, cry, etc.

When I have days where I feel like screaming/crying/running away - I just do it. I know everyone says you can't wallow, or let yourself sink into those negative feelings, but sometimes - you just have to sit in it and stew for a day or two.

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
#146 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:

congrats!!!!

For relaxing, I always like takin a bath.....when I am done, I pull the plug and dont get out until the water is gone (if it isnt too cold). I envision all the stress (or whatever I want to get rid of) being pulled off me and down the drain.

I add different oils and herbs to the bath...sometimes I read a book, drink a glass of wine (or herbal tea) sometimes I light candles and turn the lights off, etc. For me, baths are the best thing to relax.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#147 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM

I agree. I LOVE my hot baths. I add lavendar oil, candles, and a good book. I lie in there until the water is cooler than I like and then I get out and put some really comfy jammies on. Just talking about it makes me want to take a nice hot relaxing bath tonight. I've been avoiding baths so it doesn't stall labor, but I haven't had any contractions since Friday. I've taken showers instead. I'm even thinking about adding a glass of wine too. But might settle for a cup of ice instead. Lol.

Congrats to Lionessmom to your fast labor and baby now with you!!

Singing_Angel- congrats also on your BFP!

I hope everyone else is feeling better today. I am getting ready to put the kids to bed even though they do NOT sound like they are ready! They are loud and laughing and jumping on the couch because I'm on here and not looking. Lol. Gonna turn the fish lights off. And get the dogs taken care of for the night and then off to my bath!!! Yay. It will still be over an hour away. My littlest one, 19 mo., still gets up out of bed more than 4 times after laying her down. Which makes my blood boil and me lose my temper. SO FRUSTRATING, but all of my kids seem to go through this stage and I still haven't figured out a way to help them stay in bed. And it hits about this same age and lasts over a year. Or seems like it anyways.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#148 of 876 Old 10-05-2009, 11:29 PM

I finished my new Treasure Map/Vision board! I will have to take a picture of it later, its a nice size too.

ETA: Here's a link to a pic of the whole thing: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...DSC_0001-2.jpg

#149 of 876 Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansMomma View Post
he told me to sing the star song, which means "twinkle twinkle little star" but when I got to the word star, he said "No no no mama...say MOON." I asked him to sing it for me about the moon, and he did - keep in mind, he has a moderate speech delay, so his way of saying words is hilarious:

"Winky winky iddle MOOOOOOOOOOOOON, how my nunners who you arrrre, up up up the woooold is HIGH, like the dinon in da skyyyyyyyyy. Winky winky IDDLE MOOOOOOONNNNNNN...." well you get the drift.
Thanks for sharing this It made me think of how my odd's version of that song goes.. she sings 'uppa uppa wool is high, diamin in na sky.'
I love kid's songs, probably a career hold-over

Quote:
I finished my new Treasure Map/Vision board! I will have to take a picture of it later, its a nice size too.

ETA: Here's a link to a pic of the whole thing: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...DSC_0001-2.jpg
Nice. I like how you covered different areas of vision, not just one. I've never seen a picture of one before

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#150 of 876 Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 AM

I LOVE doing vision boards! But I find myself changing my vision 2-3 times before the year is up only to wind up going back to the original vision again at a later date. I feel like I have more than one "road" to follow, only they are at opposite ends from each other and contradict each other. So I never know which one to follow. So I zig-zag. Or do nothing at all (which isn't helpful either).

Good night witchy ladies!! Look forward to chatting with ya again tomorrow.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page