autumnal pagan camp: tapping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
**disclaimer: there are many versions of this technique, there are many opinions on the right way to do it, i'm not even going to attempt to discuss them all or encompas them all... this is an informal gathering for those of us who do some form of tapping and those who want to learn more.

i'm starting it off simply, so that it can at least be, as some have suggested, a place to point those who ask "so, what IS tapping?"

camp is always open to non pagans who are respectful of this being a pagan camp, and in this case, anyone with opposing or alternate views or experiences of some form of tapping is of course welcome, provided they be respectful and supportive and understanding that this is not a formal exercise and i am not a professional.

thank you, and welcome!**

"what IS tapping?"
tapping is a form of energy therapy or energy medicine. the concept is that things in life (traumas, emotional events, etc) cause energy blockages in our bodies, and these blockages cause problems (emotional, physical). our bodies, according to energy medicine, have energy meridians, and like acupuncture or acupressure, touching or influencing points on those meridians can effect change. in the case of tapping, you "tap" on the meridian (or energy) points on the body to release a blockage or to get the energy to flow freely, thus healing yourself.

tapping, unlike acupuncture, adds a psychological element, in the focus on emotions or feelings. some people find that a few tapping sessions frees them of "issues" they had worked on for years with a therapist without results. it often uncovers hidden issues as well.

put it another way-- acknowledging negative feelings and emotions while pressing "release" points frees you from them, while empowering the positive versions. sort of like re-wiring the brain, ala "what the bleep do we know," only virtually instantaneously.

the original and more formal version of tapping is called "eft" or "emotional freedom technique." the official site is emofree.com but what most of us do is a slightly less formal version called tapping, from tapping.com (tdc for short).

"how do you do it?"
there are many versions of how to tap. it's quick & easy (& free!) to learn by watching a video online. if anyone cant watch videos and needs a written version, let me know.

the basic "recipe" from tapping.com (it's 18 min, but great if you're new!)

youtube also has a lot of videos, try poking around there.

here's a rather "produced" (aka flashy, ala "the secret") 7 min video on "eft"...

and for those scientifically minded, here's a short (4 min) video from the tdc guy.

two things i talk a lot about are tdc's general chakra tapping and his advanced chakra tapping... the first is a free video on his site, the second is a booklet you buy-- it's tapping, but not like the typical "formula"... more on that later.

"what kinds of things can i tap on?"
really, the possibilities are endless.... some people feel tapping can heal or fix anything, some like it for helping them feel more balanced (like chakra work or meditation)... the original eft was developed to treat PTSD on soldiers after vietnam, and it has been effective in healing traumas of all sorts. people use it on personal or self esteem issues, phobias, allergies, illnesses.... and also in uncovering and unleashing one's true self... there are few things i havent thought "oh, i could tap on that...." and most of you know i continually suggest it for all manner of things. the only way to find out is to try........

"ok, now how do you REALLY do it?"
depending on where you learn to tap, you will find differences in the method. of course, it's best to find what feels right to you. in the interest of making the beginner an advanced user in less time, i've tried to highlight some differences, to provide a better "grasp" of the method... please share yours!

WHERE:
meridian points--there are oodles of them, but most methods (all?) only use a few. for the most part, the ones that get used most are fairly consistent, but i know there are people with really strong views about this... (i use the tdc points, usually adding the three he adds in his advanced chakra tapping-- top of head, below nipple, and under arm). two notes about specific placement: 1. side of eye is actually at the side of the eye, not the temple (though that's how i did it early on, so i say it still works). it should slightly jostle your vision as you tap there. 2. chin is in the indent, not the tip of the chin.

"karate chop point" vs "sore spot" for the set up (i usually prefer using the "sore spot"... i've found that when i'm really trying to figure something out, if i use my thumbs or fingers and feel around the sore spot while i'm thinking of what to say for my set up, it helps me get focused on it and find the right thing to tap on)

what side of the body to tap on:
  • some people tap just on one side of the body
  • some people tap the first part on one side, the second on the other
  • some people do two complete rounds (one on each side) for each statement
  • sometimes, i'll tap both sides at the same time, or even skip the middle part, just doing a once-thru...

a note about hands: typically the tapping on the fingers is done with the opposite hand, but in the general chakra tapping , he introduced a technique to tap your hand with the fingers of the same hand, and i find that very helpful, esp for tapping say, while nursing a babe to sleep at night.

HOW:
how many times you should tap at each meridian point: generally, i think seven times is common, but in tdc's advanced chakra tapping, he suggests tapping each point til you feel the release... i started using that in my regular tapping, and i love it.

it can be hard to know how hard to tap... it's easy to get carried away and wind up sore... sometimes i just press my fingers to the spots, rather than tapping with the tips of my fingers, and i find it's more... intentful.

phrasing the set up statement:
  • if you dont know what to say, start with just saying "even though i have this feeling"... and move on to what comes to you.
  • some people dont say the "even though" or the "i deeply and completely love and accept myself"...
  • some people will only say affirmations or positive statements,
  • while some people focus on the most negative (ex. if you think your issue is a fear of pink, dont say "even though i think i'm afraid of pink", but go the full way, assume that it is, and even that it's worse than you think it is, and say "even though i'm terrified of pink, i deeply and completely love and accept myself.")
  • and some focus only on the most negative "i'm terrified of pink"... (not saying the even though or the i deeply...) the intent with this approach being to release the negativity. i've had really powerful and fast results with this approach, but i know it's not right for everyone.
  • also, while it might help some, it's not necessary to say any of it out loud (nice to know if you're doing your tapping during nap time!)
  • just try them all, as well as any that come to you, and see what works best!

WHEN:
i remember early on when i was learning tapping, reading or hearing some where that tapping was most effective when done in the nude. i'm sure i laughed, but i think it's true. i'd add that it's most effective done in the shower (or, who can guess? in an epsom salt bath!). maybe that's just me, but with water running over me, i tend to get loads better results. of course, this isnt always practical, not to mention eco-friendly if you're in there a while. if you're not getting great results with your clothes on, though, it's something to think about.

THEN WHAT?
usually, after you've tapped on something, a "next" comes up naturally... if not, you can use the thumbs on sore spot technique til you think of something, or you can tap "I dont know what to tap next..."

"is there anything i should NOT tap on, or anything else i should know?"
one of the amazing (and dangerous) things about tapping is that in some respects, you never know what you're going to get. you can happily tap away your fear of cupcakes only to find that it's not cupcakes after all that you're afraid of, but apples... and, ack! you just planted 14 apple trees.... ok, that's a silly example, but my point is, be forewarned. you've no idea what you might uncover... so, dont do it while the in laws are visiting (unless you're tapping away your fear of them, in which case, by all means, tap away!)....... that sort of thing.

another note... i find there are some things i just have no luck tapping on... like my monthly migraines. i can get the pain to a managable point, but i find that those migraines always hold a lesson for me, and if i tap them away, i miss getting that lesson... you get the point.

which sort of leads into expectations and tapping... be open to what you feel while you're tapping. it might surprise you! if it's "not working"... think about that and try again (you can always tap "tapping doesnt work for me.....")

uh, and another thing... some people have... reactions... some get really thirsty, some get a funky taste in their mouth... some burb excessively.... so, have some water nearby and maybe some mint tea...

"alright, so what else can i use this for?"
ok, i think this is the real reason for camp... so, here are some of my faves, and please, share yours!

mental tapping: once your body is accustomed to how it feels while you're tapping, you can simply think about tapping, and your body will respond-- just like with yoga or meditation.

tapping on others: there are a lot of ways to do this, and i know some people will have issues with some of them, so do what feels comfortable for you. dh loves when i do the chakra tapping physically on him. ds doesnt like it, but he does respond when i either tap on myself for him, or mentally tap on him. when i say 'i tap on me for him,' what i do (and there are many ways to do it) is in my head i say the statements as though i were him, but i tap on my body. it's probably not the most effective thing in the world, but i've gotten some remarkable results with it... (also, i have had amazing success mental tapping on dh while he's snoring in his sleep.... dont ask me how that works, but i heard someone who did it, and i've used it often!) again, mess with it and see what feels right/works for you.

issues tapping: if you want to work on a specific issue, and are having a hard time with it, check out online for some specific script examples... tdc has several (here's a list of his videos), and there are oodles of other sites that have others.... "try it on everything" is a movie (think "the secret") that shows some examples, and they have a website "club" too. there is a LOT on the web about eft or tapping... you could probably find just about any topic you can think of!

balancing tapping: like grounding or centering, only really fast! great before meditation or divination or a ritual.... i try to do some form of this each day. in addition to the general chakra tapping video, or your own version thereof, there's balancing your cortices or just the regular tapping with saying "ickies out, good in..." or "i am in balance, i am in flow" or something.

advanced chakra tapping: if you really enjoy tdc's chakra tapping, or if you feel so overwhelmed you dont know where to even start, or if you are looking for a way to really kick your practice or your life into high gear or another level or whatever... i highly recommend his advanced chakra tapping. it's not free, but it is one of the most amazing things i've ever experienced, and if you're really into chakras and tapping, well.... (here's the site)

meditative tapping (also could be divination): this is harder to talk about, and where you really have to just get in it and find how it works for you. one of the coolest things about the advanced chakra tapping is that he gives you different "recipes" for tapping-- or different orders of points to tap. you can do that on your own, in a meditative state, by starting off tapping, and then just tapping whatever points you feel drawn to tap... it may devolve into more general hands on your head at different places, or combinations of tapping two places at once and so on... you can integrate it into your practice, combine it with doing card readings (or even use it in place of card readings), hold beads while you tap.... and on and on! make it yours. it can be a really powerful tool for your bag.

ok, now-- ask away, share away, and if you're going to throw things, please choose soft fluffy things...

yours in tappyness,
me
#2 of 37 Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 PM

subbing -- and thanks, aweynsayl

I've used up all my online time for tonight, but I'll be back sooner rather than later
#3 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM

thanks! I can't wait to try it!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#4 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 AM

Just flying through it quickly I can say:

Seriously, this is fantastic!

I will be back later when I can spend time to read more completely.

Maryhippie.gif

#5 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM

Yay! Yay! Yay!

I have many videos and pods about tapping somewhere on my computer, got into the tapping webconference earlier this year... yet, I've not included tapping in my life. (I should tap on that resistance, lol!)

The only time we used tapping in this house was when DS fell hard on his back at karate and was unable to breathe. He was left with an intense fear of falling cause he was afraid to die if he fell. I guided him through tapping on his fear and in about 10 minutes it was gone! He went to play outside with the dog, fell on the ground and only felt a little "normal" eeee feeling as he felt and not the panicky fear of dying he had been feeling before.

He never used it since as he felt really silly to tap on his body and saying strange things but he's grateful I knew this technic and could help him then.

Valérie   
#6 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 AM

The balancing your cortices technique feels really good. I had forgotten about that one though, need to watch the video again.

This summer I had a whopper of a headache and tapped it away after 3 rounds of tapping- that felt incredible. Mostly I use tapping for feeling balanced, calm, and centered. I really appreciated it when I had all kinds of anxiety after my car accident. My dh drives more aggressively than I do, and I would tap myself while he was driving. It did double duty calming me and sending him the message his driving was uncomfortable to me.

I have used it on both my dd's, and my youngest likes it more. She'll playfully tap me sometimes.

Aweynsayl this is great! Thanks so much for putting it together!
#7 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM

woo hoo

Thanks! I always kind of got overwhelmed before when trying to start. This was a great summary and starting point!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#8 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

oh, good! i can certainly see where if you didnt NEED it, it would be hard to get in. it came to me just at the perfect time, and it instantly became something i knew i'd ALWAYS do.

i know it's a lot of info, but just keep plugging away! once you find the way it clicks for you, it will become so natural... it's just so amazing.

#9 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM

Wow, what a great thread!! I am subbing. I can't wait to learn.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#10 of 37 Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Awesome! You always mention it, and get this my new therapist does energy medicine (which I am just now starting to learn about) and it seems that it's the same sort of thing! Cool!

signature currently in transition
#11 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM

subbing so i don't forget this thread... will have to come back later to check out your heap of links.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#12 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 AM

Wow. Thanks for posting all of that great information. I can't wait to have the time to start checking it all out.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#13 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 08:32 AM

It occurred to me yesterday, whilst knitting of course, that the act of knitting activates all the 'spots' on the fingers just like with tapping. No wonder I feel better when I knit alot.

Maryhippie.gif

#14 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

mary, that's awesome! hmmm. maybe that will get me to learn, lol...
#15 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 PM

Thanks so much for putting this together, Aweyn! It really helps to make it a bit less overwhelming for scatterbrains like me. I can't wait to check it all out!
#16 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 03:34 PM

My cortices are nicely balanced now

I've written down a list for tapping issues (ala Personal Peace Procedure) and dh picked up my notebook, and asked what's this? It is a pretty strange looking list. It is helpful to write that stuff down though- as reminders of what to tap on, and to gauge progress.

I also have little index cards written with tapping affirmations, about homeschooling, body image, that sort of thing. ( I like being organized!)
#17 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

that reminds me... there's this thing called something like "the forest concept" which is that if you have a great big list of related issues and sub issues and you start tapping on them, at some point, the rest vanish... in other words, you may not wind up needing to tap on each and everyone one, but there comes a point where you've chopped down enough trees that the rest vanish (ok, it's an alarming analogy, given the state of our planet, but you get the concept....)
#18 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Don't know how much time I've got, what with non-nappers and little boys bopping each other and gingerbread to be rolled out by 4 so this may be part 1 of a longer post.

First, I'd never have heard of tapping if you didn't keep mentioning it, aweynsayl, so thanks so much for that. There is so much potential in this. I think the thing I'm really excited about is going to be in using it to help my children and my dh with health and emotional issues. But in order to really "sell" it to them, I feel I need to be proficient in it first, so that's what I'm working on with this camp thread.

I have used tapping to manage migraines and sinus/cold symptoms without meds -- I still know that I have the issues, but I don't need to be popping anything.

I have done the balancing cortices vid. Thanks for the recommendations for others -- I'll have to get headphones handy so I can work through them. If I watch anything on you-tube I have my kids crowding around me wanting to watch vintage Sesame St.

Most of the tapping I've done has been using the eft downloadable manual. I find the affirmation pretty clunky and appreciate your suggestions in the opening post on playing with the affirmations. Tapping with positive statements only, tapping with strong negative statements....hmmmn. I was trying to tap with/ on my children, but stumbled on the "even though I ...I deeply and completely accept myself" phrasing, because it is just not them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
My cortices are nicely balanced now

I've written down a list for tapping issues (ala Personal Peace Procedure) and dh picked up my notebook, and asked what's this? It is a pretty strange looking list. It is helpful to write that stuff down though- as reminders of what to tap on, and to gauge progress.

I also have little index cards written with tapping affirmations, about homeschooling, body image, that sort of thing. ( I like being organized!)

Great suggestions! I need something like this to organize myself. Also a rhythm for working this into my daily life ... kinda like I do for teeth brushing and flossing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
that reminds me... there's this thing called something like "the forest concept" which is that if you have a great big list of related issues and sub issues and you start tapping on them, at some point, the rest vanish... in other words, you may not wind up needing to tap on each and everyone one, but there comes a point where you've chopped down enough trees that the rest vanish (ok, it's an alarming analogy, given the state of our planet, but you get the concept....)

So when you have a list of related issues, do you do a separate tapping routine for each one, or do you list the issues with each point you tap?

Oops, time's up, more later....
#19 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#20 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Subbing...I need to try this!
#21 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
So when you have a list of related issues, do you do a separate tapping routine for each one, or do you list the issues with each point you tap?

Oops, time's up, more later....
Separate- I'll usually pick one issue to tap on, then move on to an affirmation or two. Most of the time one round is enough, since it's covered by 8+ points. My sequence is mainly: complete setup statement on my karate chop point, then I break it up as I tap on my face and body. I'll also adjust what spots on my body I tap, intuitively by what feels right to me. However the key is to FEEL the emotion you are tapping on.
#22 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

ahh, interesting point about feeling what you're tapping on. i think that probably differs per person. i've found that sometimes i have better success if i'm not really feeling the emotion too intensely... i think maybe i find true root causes or other... influences... better when i'm sort of hazy as opposed to really strongly tuned into the emotion... if that makes sense? works all ways, i suppose-- and of course, the key is to find what resonates best with you.
#23 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM

Back now! Wanted to share my most interesting tapping story,

My main interest to this point has been in using tapping for physical issues, and I definitely had enough results with that to keep exploring it. I've also been interested in developing more of a spiritual practice through meditation.

I was aware of the chakra tapping exercises that you recommended aweyn, but hadn't tried them.

I had been reading some paganish books, including Ellen Dugan's Natural Witchery, which includes some visualization exercises, including one on "lighting up your chakras." I ran through this as an exercise in my mind before falling asleep one night, just because I've been vague on where the chakras even are and I was trying to "learn" them. I am not a great visualizer, don't actually "see" what I am trying to imagine when I do visualizations.

After that, I decided to tap rather experimentally on something that was more emotional/divinatory than my usual concerns. Long story short, had been asked to help teach a class to cover for a friend, which was a bit of a stretch for me, though I thought it would probably go ok. So I tapped on "even though I am nervous about this class tomorrow". Was going ok, was feeling the energy that tapping evokes, which I think I'll think of as "chi".

Then I got to the point of closing my eyes, and there was a woman standing in front of me. She was a very specific person, but not someone I recognized, if that makes sense -- she was old but strong and wiry, wrinkled skin that made me think she was at least 80ish, and obviously capable and sharp, maybe a retired teacher or nurse, wearing a practical modern parka like you'd get at MEC, short hair, glasses, sorta like the generation of women who are friends with my mil irl, (who I deeply love and respect) ....I had all these impressions. She said very clearly "Don't worry, you've got it all together!" I opened my eyes -- totally startled -- then closed them again and she was still there, smiling at me! Well, her face was a *little* different, blurred, but all the attributes were there....

I'm not going to speculate here on what it meant to have such a vivid image of this woman out of nowhere, but it will always be remembered as a powerful spiritual experience for me. It is hard to explain how powerful just having that persistent image felt! I felt a lot of comfort in her words and finished the tapping, and yeah, the next day proved that I did, in fact, have it all together in that particular situation

I think even the desultory and not very successful-feeling chakra visualization is what made the tapping experience after it more successful and effective and startling....I am going to make a point of doing the chakra tapping before prayer as well as before tapping regular issues and fully expect to have some amazing results with it. And, on the strength of that, I'm also going to try the advanced chakra tapping program you recommend, aweyn.

Has anyone here read some of the books that are out now on handling physical issues with emotional release? I've read You Can Heal Your Life and The Journey over the past few months and feel the paradigms they offer fit very well into the idea and practice of tapping....
#24 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ahh, interesting point about feeling what you're tapping on. i think that probably differs per person. i've found that sometimes i have better success if i'm not really feeling the emotion too intensely... i think maybe i find true root causes or other... influences... better when i'm sort of hazy as opposed to really strongly tuned into the emotion... if that makes sense? works all ways, i suppose-- and of course, the key is to find what resonates best with you.
I don't think I'm so good at feeling what I'm tapping, though I'm going to experiment with it. I'm not such an emotional person, honestly... I think strong emotions often just go right into bodily issues. If I were better at being aware of what I'm feeling, I'd be a healthier person and not needing to tap healing issues, I think?
#25 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Just wanted to add that there are some groups on Facebook. You can find the most active by searching Emotional Freedom Technique -- it has 3000 plus members.

Are there any online forums that anyone would recommend particularly on this subject?
#26 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

that's a wild experience! i agree, chakra tapping before tapping, meditation, cards, etc. helps a lot.

saphire and i used to talk about doing chakra camp... this fall, actually! at this point, i cant imagine what else i'd have to say about it other than to suggest that advanced chakra tapping. i dont know if you had quite the experience with it that i did, though, saphire? we never really had a real conversation about it, did we...... we could add a sub-section on chakras, as long as we're "here" so to speak.....??

i never quite got into YCHYL, but i do think tapping fits. isnt she in the tapping movie? i havent seen it... but i feel like there's a connection... the basic concept with all those books/movies/techniques is similar. it's like the re-wiring your brain bits from "what the bleep"... that was the one thing that "got" to me more than anything. i need more coffee if i want to be more coherent, but for me, it's been so powerful... i mean, there's a reason i'm ALWAYS talking about it, right?

as for online forums... tdc has one, i think... i've not tried any of them, though.
#27 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM

You know, one of the fun things about tapping, I think, is how well one can personalize it. And how many ways there is to use it, how it complements other therapies.

Looking back over my notes from last summer's tapping summit, I'll throw in some points that I don't think have been mentioned here yet:
Target emotion can shift location in body, needing to be followed to be cleared.
Target can have multiple aspects that can all be tapped on.
Shifting from negative to positive in statement. " Even though I'm always late...." ( tap, then change to something like) " I choose to be on time and have enough time for my needs..." or combine it into one statement "Even though I'm always late, I choose to be on time and have enough time for my needs."
Tap on resistance blocks- like if you feel that something is too big to attain, or you can't figure out how you'll do it.

HTH a bit.

Aweyn, could you describe a little bit your chakra tapping experiences? I ended up not using his text too much, because it didn't seem like such a good fit for me. Instead I chose to use visualizations of my chakras being clear, bright and energetic while tapping.
Also, I'm interested in a description of how you use tapping for dream interpretation.
And lastly, I still want to do a chakra camp. It'd be fun! Let's stage it like the workshops this summer. I'll pm ya
#28 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Thanks so much for this information, saphire!

I have just a couple of points to report.

Tried tapping from the root to the crown chakra, the reverse of the order that the tdc guy recommends, and also from the crown to the root. The crown to the root felt MUCH more powerful.

I think I'm going to try tapping only on positive affirmations for myself for a day or so and see how it goes.

Ordered the advanced package, but haven't been able to access it yet, so haven't tried that.

Have been tapping with my ds1, age 5, on restlessness before bed and with my dd12 on her cold/flu symptoms. They are obliging sorts so I'm teaching them how to do the routine on themselves by doing it with them. Some effectiveness.

My ds is EXTREMELY physical/active, very intense beyond the usual way of little boys.

I am hoping that tapping will help his body and mind to achieve better focus. Hmmmn. Maybe the balancing cortices tap would help.
#29 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

A~ i am finding it entertaining that you and i seem to end up in thread/conversations with us and one other person..... what does that even say? dare i think about it? lol!

ok, trying to post a bit more about the adv ch. tap... i dont even know how to explain it. yeah, some of his text didnt resonate, and that tended to be in areas i knew i was ok... but there were places where it hit so hard home, i'd dissolve into a puddle on the floor... and there were two key places where i had that reaction, and i was SHOCKED. "really? i have an issue with that? i had literally no idea." but then after, it was AMAZING, and some other "issue" i thought i had, and had not been able to "deal" with (ie tap away), was suddenly just GONE. does that even begin to make sense?

the other thing i found was that some of his patterns (ex: tap EB/UA/BN/CB, etc...) were so so so powerful for me... there are three combos i still use, quite often (though i no longer say the words... i use them on my own... which actually brings me to answering about dream interp, and also, btw, divination.... what i do is use those three tapping patterns (hint: they're from his sections on being in flow, being connected, and the one about circuits... i could go back and see which ones more specifically, if you're interested).... i start out with a chakra clearing or general tapping, then tap those patterns til i feel "clicked" into my... what, higher meditative/me/flow/etc state? then i can tap (whatever points i feel drawn to, usually by that point) and start talking to myself about the dream (or whatever).... insights just start coming, then i tap on those, more come, and so on.... make sense?

aubergine-- i absolutely agree on crown to root being MUCH more powerful, it's one of the major reasons i love his approach to chakras as opposed to the traditional methods (you'll hear my others in chakra camp, lol!)

good luck on the kiddos and affirms, keep me posted!!!
#30 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 09:43 PM

I haven't used tapping a whole lot but picked it up from reading all your lovely posts.

The first weekend I was away on course, I had extreme anxiety because I showed up and they said I wasn't on the course (I was but there was a clerical error). I felt so displaced. Friday night was rough and Saturday I was still worried. Come Saturday night, I took a shower after getting out of my combats and while I was there, I decided tapping would help. I almost instantly felt better. I could go on and enjoy the rest of my evening and have a good night sleep.

Thank you for posting this! I have some more links to check out

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page