Treasure Maps 2004 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2004, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me too! I want to do this. Perhaps I'll talk my sisters into doing this as well and we can make it a party. This year seems as though a lot is going to happen, probably a good thing to direct some of that energy!

I'm also getting ready to move (again! I'm so ready to not be a transient college kid anymore) so going through the boxes of stuff in the basement and repacking and decluttering will feel great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2004, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well, Treasure Map Saturday is two weeks away!
March 20.

Just to remind us that the start of the process begins at:

2:41pm PST
3:41pm MST
4:41pm CST
5:41pm EST

So, for those of you gathering with friends, remember to start after that time...cutting, snipping, drawing.. visualize your dreams any way you wish. But don't start the process before that point. That is the most important thing I can say.

And for some of you EastCoast Mappers, it may be to late in the day for you to gather with your friends at 5:41pm, then for you what I would do is at least start the process on your own. Even if it is buying a magazine or poster board, or paints..or whatever you want but then you can gather with your friends on Sunday and still do the process together.

Remember we have a few days to do it.
Per my old teacher before Crescent moon..which I'll double check when it begins.

Dream big, stretch yourself...and as ALWAYS it is worth noting as you look at magazine or visualize your dreams... TAKE NOTE of any negative voices that tell you why you CAN'T have that item... I'm not saying more than that... I just say it is worth noting the voice.....

spongie, welcome..I think it so tender that y ou are apart of this community and you don't even have a baby.... gosh, if only I had known all that is here before I had my son..well, it just would have been wonderful...

your future family is very lucky.

p.s. I threw out a ratty towel today as I continue to ditch crap that I don't want to bring into my new treasuremap year..

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 03-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

Oh - this or the decluttering thread!

I went through the closet and got rid of a big bag of clothes. Only three items got pulled out in the end.

Next goes baby's infant tub, car seat, an old fan that's busted ( from my old relationship) And I did identify a low esteem thing - my dish drainer. I don't have a dishwasher and the old dish drainer bugs the life out of me every time
I do the dishes (10 times a day) So we will hit Ikea this week and pick up a news one of those (stainless steel) and a new recycling bin with a lid.

As these tasks get done I feel the anticipation of the new moon building.

It feels very exciting!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

that's exactly it, Oatmeal.

The energy of the aries new moon is unbelievably invigorating. We're not there yet, but as we get rid of stuff, declutter, pass things down, are charitable.. we are living the energy of Pisces which naturally prepares us for Aries. I know it is all woo-woo but it is in alignment. That's why these maps are so glorious...

and Kam,mam ... I have been thinking that this might an extra fertile Treasure Map since it hooks up with the first day of spring. Quite auspicious.
I wish my old teacher was still alive. He would have loved this one, I just know it.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:36 PM

It looks like I am going to be out of town the entire time!!

Any suggestions???
Old 03-08-2004, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's funny... I was gonna put "get me pregnant" stuff on mine. Now I can focus on healthy baby/good birth stuff! I need to contact my girlfriends... We get to start at 12:41 here.

Thistle... where you will be is it possible to set aside a few hours? Keep in mind, this doesn't need to be a master work of art.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:11 PM

I'm going to be out of town for the first day or so (and probably in a whirlwind of unpacking when we get home...it takes us forever to settle back down after a trip). Anyway, I was planning on doing writing and drawing on paper while away, then flesh it out with photos and collage on posterboard when we're back home...maybe even cut up my original paper to glue into the collage. I love to doodle, so this sounds like a fun approach to me.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:47 PM

Pssst.....Tracy question question here.

I am having my first "Solstice Sunday" brunch (March 21, 2004) which is bringing all my girlfriends together. During the brunch we are all going to do treasure maps. Think there is any harm to starting mine on Sunday vs. Saturday.

or.......

Think I should start mine on the Saturday before - perhaps better energy then? The finish it with my friends on Sunday?

Whaddya think?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:48 PM

P.S. I have gotten rid of so much stuff - most of which I farmed out to other mommas here on my "Free for Shipping Thread" in the Trading Post Forum. Yeah clutter clear and rack up some good deeds!!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Banned

It was my impression we could start on Sat afternoon and take a couple of days to finish - even though I am planning to finish Sat...
Old 03-09-2004, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

The concentration of the map really is at its peak when you build it the first 3 1/2 days of aries new moon. So, basically you have from Saturday the 20th Time (see above for your time zone). until 3 1/2 days which puts it on the 23 probably late in the evening..maybe 9ish pm (west coast) and around midnight the 24th (east coast)

I don't want any of you to get too worked up about doing it "right". Make this work for you. The only caveat is that you not start it until after new moon.
I also wish to remind you that this is an exercise to have you visualize and wish big. For the most part, this forum of women spends so much time, doing for others and taking care of others and just being there for others so much, that if this is the only 24 hour period of your whole year that you think about what you want..well, than hallealuah (sp?)

I should also say that if you just don't have it in you to make a map and you are feeling a bit, "less is more"... then for you guys, just get a piece of orange paper (nice lower chakra color) and write down what you want or want to experience, and put it in the now, "I'm am thin. I am happy with my job." etc. Just really simple. Kind of like a commitment to yourself and spirit. Put it in a frame and put it next to your bed or your desk so you can see it and remember it throughout the year. It too will help you manifest your goals.

My own friends and I had a discussion today about it and we think we are going to do a 'less is more' path this time. Only because we have been doing it for so long we are feeling the need reign it in this time.

Also, and I can't believe I forgot this... my girlfriends and I always say a prayer before we begin. Just asking that we are in sync with god. Not stepping on anyone's principles here, it is just that we are pretty spiritual.

So, yes, you can start on Sunday, You can start on Saturday (after the new phase) You can start on Monday or Tuesday...

And if you are really stuck you can finish anytime during this 28 days, but the beginning is the best time to concentrate.

I think this all makes sense.

Stay open, you never know what you might put on your map.

Good luck.
I'll keep checking in..

Old 03-09-2004, 05:06 PM

I love that you take such good care of us, Tracy!

Your suggested alternatives to the collage seem really smart to me:
a) a written list,
b) on orange (representing the creative/reproductive chakra) paper,c) written in present ("I am") tense (vs. may-never-happen future tense),
d) displayed neatly where you see it all the time (reinforces subconscious desire).

I imagine that some folks might get caught up in not finding just the right image in a magazine (and not being comfortable with their own drawing/designing capabilities or feeling otherwise thwarted). And some folks might just work better with plain text ... although I think that most of us who DO operate in "text mode" most of the time can really benefit from letting the left-brain creative part go wild with pictures.

Thanks again for the alternative!

Luci
Old 03-09-2004, 05:42 PM

Okay, so how is this map meant to be organized? I mean, do we paste the pictures with a particular order in mind? Can we put it on different pages? Should the paper be any specific color?

I am thinking I will buy one new magazine on Sat evening, to include with the older ones I have stacked in a box waiting to go . There should be something new involved in this project! I'm excited, I haven't bought a magazine in years. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 03-09-2004, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
imagine that some folks might get caught up in not finding just the right image in a magazine (and not being comfortable with their own drawing/designing capabilities or feeling otherwise thwarted). And some folks might just work better with plain text ... although I think that most of us who DO operate in "text mode" most of the time can really benefit from letting the left-brain creative part go wild with pictures.

Thanks again for the alternative
yes, Lucimonster, All of our treasuremaps in the past have been the full beautiful pictures things that we want, and I loved them and usually had great results. As always, I am so excited by treasuremap time but about a week ago I started feeling a "less is more" approach for me.(we have been doing it for sometime...and when I double checked with my friends they were feeling it, too. So, we have decided to go back to the organic origns... the orange paper etc... and I just figured I would offer this alternative in case others here might feel it. But for those who feel the bigger look I say, "go for it!" follow your gut on which one is in tune.

eilonwy: That sounds exactly perfect!

Old 03-10-2004, 12:46 AM

yucky self-esteem item out the door
old ratty ugly cheap flip flops that were not comfy.

New I Feel So Good About Myself Item in The Door
cute as a button hot pink flip flops that are comfy and with super cool straps

yeah!!!!

not to mention the 5 packages of stuff I wasnt using sent out to MDC moms here
Old 03-13-2004, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

well...it is the final week of the solar year and the old moon. Next Saturday will be treasure map saturday (check your times).
So, we have one week to get rid of the ratty, low self esteem inducing items...

just as a heads up...I have found my own energy lagging. Just a bit of malaise. If it was any other time of the year I would probably be more concern but this is just that really yucky time. The week before the aries new moon.

if anyone is feeling down, my guess is that this is part of it. This is also when some of big ass fears can get triggered. Poverty, loyalty, health..whatever it is for you.... if you are feeling it.. hold on tight, this is when you have to dig in and find the good. No matter how hard it is when you have beliefs and fears going off in your head.
I know this last week was just a shitty week in our house something we normally don't experience and it truly was one of those times when I said, "Well, thank god that week is over." But if I only have two of them a year, now is the time. just shake out all the fears.

anyway, just letting you know, you are not alone.. shake it out and then on new moon you will be ready to address your future.

Old 03-13-2004, 05:11 PM

well that explains why energetically this week was rough. it felt heavy, stagnant, and chaotic. yuch.
the week prior it had felt very light, so this past week hit me hard.

anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-14-2004, 01:58 AM

I felt that way too this week. "Off"...ya know? Kind of low, fearful...strange that you posted that Tracy.

I wanted to mention a low self esteem item I out in the donate bag today...a book called Baby Games. It has fingerplays, songs, ideas for playing with your baby from birth to 3 years. Well, I've read it, but I don't know how useful it has really been. It doesn't lay flat and I can't really hold it there while I am learning a new song or whatever, it just never felt natural. Of course, I kept it, always thinking I would use it,,,or SHOULD use it. So I would feel bad every time I saw it..."oh...I should do more...more games.." You know what I mean.

So, out it goes! I don't need a book(obviously, since I am not using it!) to teach me how to play.

One question Tracy, or others who did the treasure map last year. Can you give ideas for positive affirmations? I am having trouble with the following example...I want a new fridge. So, if I put a picture of a new one, or even new kitchen, on my treasure map, how do I know the current fridge won't just break??

Do you know what I mean? I mean, we could allocate the money or charge it now...but I didn't want to do that. Any idea what I am talking about? Thanks in advance

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 03-14-2004, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi all! hope you dont mind, but Ive been pokin around here and Id love to join!

It isnt to late to buy the mags is it? I know so far map making is the 20th?

oh this is right up me alley!!:LOL

ok so I need to go threw my home aand rid meself of old ratty low self draggin down crap that is just taking up energy?

ok.. im off
Old 03-14-2004, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

by the way..some of you might enjoy this astro website..

http://www.celestialweather.com

Quote:
It isnt to late to buy the mags is it? I know so far map making is the 20th?
No, the preferred time to buy the magazines is after the new moon starts which is still a week away.. 3/20 (see previous postings for the time) not prior.

currently we are in the ditching mode.. ditch the stuff that brings out low self esteem. Retire the shoes that are long worn out... I ditched a variety of things.

Quote:
Can you give ideas for positive affirmations? I am having trouble with the following example...I want a new fridge. So, if I put a picture of a new one, or even new kitchen, on my treasure map, how do I know the current fridge won't just break??
I would put it in the present tense... "I have a beautiful working kitchen that makes me proud."
As for whether the fridge would break or not... I would go for it and put up the photo of the new fridge that sings to you. And not get concerned that reaching for more might mean losing what you've got... there is something inherently restrictive in that thinking...remember this is the time where you get to stretch... Of course it is worth noting the fear around it..but really, ditch the fear.
Anyway, as I ahve said this is such a crappy phase we're in right now, that the fear might not be there by the time new moon comes around.
Remember we don't start maps before the new which is middle of the day on SAturday the 20th.

Old 03-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Banned

Cool website Tracy! Thanks!

This part really jumped out at me.

This Monday’s Mercury - Pluto right angle suggests that we may receive news or information about the need for change resulting from expanded horizons, an inner feeling, or newly discovered possibilities in our reality._ There is hidden information coming to light and we can get insight into the motivations of those around us._ We may be operating under an assumed set of rules only to discover that other players aren’t sharing the same rules._ We need to be on guard to avoid neurotic suspicion for suspicion’s sake._ We need to pay attention to our hunches and follow up before taking action._ Words may be used to push our buttons and direct us toward a desired state of mind; if we listen to our intuition we’ll know the truth when we hear it.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:43 PM

Oh I am soo emotional! I'm excited about the treasure map, It has really opened up a can of worms I am on the verg of tears... It has made me think of all the "negitive" energy surronding dh and I . We have MAJOR issues with dh x wife and, Tracy, can I put d sd on my map? in the angle helpers area.. asking for them to look out for her? What about dh x wife? I try my hardest to wish her well and happines.

Dh and I have many problems with his family too. man, This is for me though, but I wantt o address all the unhealthy stuff, It is my treasure map.. RIGHT?
why am I soo sad! It has to be the cancer in me..

ok, well again I'm really looking foward to this, oh and for knowledge I will be asking for help with my spelling and punctuations.. thanks for puttin up with me..

Old 03-14-2004, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

monkey...
I think I would put a picture of your family, including stepdaughter (by the way I take the photos I want to use to kinkos and color xerox them for my map) and why don't you put them in your family section. And I would put some affirmation... "our family is loving, growing and gives me peace of mind".. (or whatever it is you want).

Then down there in the angles area you can put some spiritual/religious symbol for you.. I know I have sometimes put the blessed mother of guadalupe.. i'm not catholic but I just like her so much... anyway, and some affirmation...

"our family is protected by god, loved and safe." It is is a slightly different tone but I think you can get it. (again what works for you..this is just an example)

for the most part focus on you but of course it is impossible to not include children/family.
btw..I would not include anything specific for dh exwife.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Thanks Tracy!

Old 03-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Do you display your treasure map in your home? If so, where (in feng shui terms) ?

Thank you for starting this thread, I feel so inspired!

Shannon, Single Mama to Delia 9/19/02 : and Mark 5/26/05 :
Old 03-14-2004, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

i did not display it with feng shui in mind.
I have it in mybedroom where I can see every morning when I wak up and everynight when I went to bed. I like it there as sort of a 'mental bookend."

Old 03-15-2004, 01:44 PM

I've seen quite a few mentions of "areas" on the map.. what exactly do you mean by that?

I am really looking forward to doing this, especially to buying a new magazine! :LOL I told dh about the project and his response was "It sounds like a great project, and I'll be happy as long as it's not covered with hot men." :LOL I hadn't even thought of that. I said, "Um, can I put a picture of your head on top of a hot body?" : He said that was okay. I was mostly thinking of a nice home with a backyard, a healthy baby, a happy BeanBean and affirmations like "I love reading with my children every day" and "My birth experience is short and sweet" and "Our baby is healthy and strong." :LOL Oh, and maybe my own head on top of a healthy body! : I saw a picture in a magazine of a young boy (maybe 4?) holding his new sibling and smiling, happy and sweet, in a sibling bonding moment, and I wanted that one, too.

I may buy something new, like socks. On Rosh Hashannah (Jewish New Year) you're supposed to eat a fruit (something sweet) that you haven't had for at least a year (or ever!) and you're supposed to have a new item of clothing. Since we were poor growing up, our new item of clothing was inevitably socks or underwear. :LOL I still do this, and still eat apples and honey (for a sweet new year, again). So I'm thinking I'll try to get to wally world and get some socks and an apple when I get my new magazine.

Old 03-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Thanks Tracy, for the welcome! I love hanging out here and absorbing (like a sponge! :LOL ) all of the wisdom from you mamas. It's just the place for a hippie like me.

I'm slooowly getting my stuff cleared out of the basement. I have big box to go to goodwill, and another stack of books and stuff for my sister/nephew. Less stuff that I have to move! Just have to get it cleared out before Saturday.

What magazines is (are? ugh, grammar sucks) everyone planning on buying? Or are you just going to hit the store to see what strikes your fancy? I'm probably going with the second one, since I'm not a huge magazine person, except when I use them as collages.

Getting close now! Funny thing is, I'm really excited about doing this, and yet, I have no idea what I'm going to put on it! I'm sure it will come to me though.

Peace y'all.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spongie
What magazines is (are? ugh, grammar sucks) everyone planning on buying? Or are you just going to hit the store to see what strikes your fancy? I'm probably going with the second one, since I'm not a huge magazine person, except when I use them as collages.
I'm going to walk around the magazine aisle and buy something that looks cool to me. The last time I bought a magazine in a store that wasn't for a collage... well, it was a book of logic problems. :LOL

Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

eilowny,

go to page one and half way down you'll see a posting with the grid. You do not have to follow it. It is just the feng shui grid and I applied it to my treasure maps in previous years.
double check page one. But sincerely, follow your heart.

your affirmations sound good. Always in the present..

I have...

I am....

no words like, WANT, HOPE, WISH.... that separates the energy from you..puts it in the future not the now.... but I think you get that..

you know you can put your head on a another body.. you can also find a photo from your past where you liked your body.

I always put a photo of myself on the map. Or my family.

btw... I loved the jewish new year rituals...
I like the other one, the yom kippur... bread on the water... I remember my friend who is jewish and I did it in nyc about ten years ago...

Have a beautiful treasure map. AND HAVE FUN!!!

User Tag List