Treasure Maps 2004 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 287 Old 03-20-2004, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want my Toyota Sienna (or Honda Odessy) but all I can find is a piture of a Ford minivan. I'm going to cut that out and write Toyots on it.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 287 Old 03-20-2004, 11:28 PM

My opinion, as someone who's never done this before:

The magazines will be new to her, so why not.

You can draw, photocopy, download, go out and photograph, or WHATEVER to get the images you want.

I got Organic Living, too -- couldn't resist.

I'm having SO MUCH FUN with this.

#123 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 12:57 AM

Help!

I s anyone else using the feng shui grid in their map?

I am confused where to put certain things...like house things? Should they go in the area on the map that they are in my home?

If I am a SAHM, what should I put into the work square?

Fame...wealth?

Sorry, I am just having trouble conceptualizing it. Thanks for any suggestions!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#124 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Need more magazines! The store I went to had NO pregnancy mags... No way I can make a pic of the next twelve months without a couple good preggo pics!

I did some great snipping... have a lot of words and not enough pictures so far. Have a vague idea how I will place them, but think I want to treat the backboard somehow first... watercolor or something. Not sure. Not ready to glue yet.
#125 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 01:37 AM

Remember fame is simply how the world sees you... so I dunno... a picture of a calm woman, a good mom, a great dresser... whatever you are trying to project, I think. Wealth... whatever feels out of reach to you right now $$$ wise. A vacation. A reliable car. A new home. Private school. Glue money on there! I don't know for sure. That one feels the strangest to me, too.

As a SAHM I am putting stuff I want to do better there. Including housework and cooking, working at DD's preschool, but also my side pursuits... my Bradley training. Does that help you at all?
#126 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 01:51 AM

Yes Kama, it does, thank you!
I was getting very literal and setting all my pictures in the family square, wondering what the heck I was doing. Those are great ideas...ok...I'm clearing my thinking now.

I love the watercolor idea! Ellie and I chose vibrant pink poster board, I like the idea of applying some watercolor or something. I will go to bed soon and work on it some more tom.

I have also been writing some affirmations to put on. I think I will ask Ellie to draw on mine as well...maybe in creativity.

Thanks for jostling my thoughts!

#127 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 01:54 AM

Mine is getting pretty expensive LOL. I'm dreaming big, though! Allowing for creative solutions to get me these wonderful things I'm dreaming of.

#128 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 03:47 PM

I had trouble finding decent magazines too, almost resolved to do it without mags in the store, but the checkout counter had just what I wanted on display. But just like you kama, no pregnancy or baby things, as I have been thinking of my dreams, none of them are absent of pregnancy or baby! I am looking into other resources. This is fun!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#129 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 04:50 PM

Well, it didn't help that the ladies I called together kinda didn't get it. One of them brought one magazine. Plus my two. One other one had cut a bunch of stuff out already and brought it with her. (Don't know when she cut them... seemed pointless to quibble with her at that point. Don't know her real well.) Someone did say my local library has a magazine swap thing... people drop off old ones and you can just take them. New to me, so that works!
#130 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Bought all my stuff yesterday. Going to work on it right after my shower. I am looking forward to it!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#131 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

well I made mine last night, Oh I had so much fun! I put a HUGE picture of these 3 big smokes on my map and put that dh will quit!

crossing fingers!

I really like how it makes me feel going to bed and getting up lookin at it...oh so happy!
#132 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 07:40 PM

so how big is everyone's TC?
i jsut got a big piece of posterboard, so i can finally start tonight.
i think i could fill it up, but don't know where i'd put it! so i'm considering cutting it in half....
#133 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 PM

I got a big piece of posterboard and was going to cut it in half, but when I got into the magazines, I knew I had to go full size. So I searched the house for a place to put it and it will fit perfectly on the back of my bedroom door if I orient it right.

I'm taking my time on it, working in intervals with breaks. We have 2.5 days from new moon time, right?

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#134 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
adventuregirl, yes.

as you know i"m doing a 'less is more' treatment.
still working it out as we speak. letting myself feel the energy of the last two days. As I come up with my right words.

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#135 of 287 Old 03-21-2004, 10:50 PM

TRACY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THIS WAS GREAT!!!

Like most people......I have a hard time getting together with friends, especially old friends who are without children. I used this occasion to host a brunch at my house. I sent all my girlfriends the information Tracy posted prior to this so we were all well prepared to make our maps.

IT WAS SO FUN!!! The conversations that came out of it were amazing and we were all so supportive of one another.

I have the same question for Treasure Map extrodinaire Tracy:

When is the last time things can enter the map?

Also travel came up for a lot of my friends and I wasnt really sure where that "fit in" with the bagua....any ideas?

Thanks!!

We will be posting our pics to a yahoo site - once it is up I will let you know.

Warmly,
Justine
#136 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 03:54 AM
Administrator

I finished mine! I am really happy with it.

I was going to do the bagua organized one, but decided that I would just freeform it. It felt better to me than trying to fit what I want into a pattern.

I have learned that I need more space!! :LOL But I like the size mine turned out - it is 15x20. I think it helped me really distill down what I want. And the funny thing was the more I thought about what I want, the less there was. I always think I want a lot, but there were very few things that I truly wanted. I thought that was interesting. DH is finishing his. We need to go and get him a larger piece of poster board or something. He has grand dreams my hubby does! :LOL

This has been a great exercise. I really feel like I focused on some things that I want and opened myself up to getting them. I am going to spend some time just looking at it tomorrow and maybe add some things to it. I think I might do some more work on the remainder of foam core that dh isn't using. Some emotional and mental work/wants, versus the physical/material. It feels cathartic just to be able to put it all down. Kind of like saying it out loud.

So do you usually share pics of yours when they are done? Or is it like a birthday wish? It won't come true if you tell.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#137 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 05:24 PM

Hi guys.......Ive got everything in front of me to do this map.....but I feel so uninspired or something. I cant get started, cant find pics I like.......

I can think of lots of affirmations.....can I just use those and draw some simple pics?

Any advise? I thought about going to the store to get some other new mags, but with the way Im feeling, I can see myself standing in front of them, not seeing exactly what I need to do the map......

help:
#138 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM

I had trouble finding magazines too. I did mine in pieces, and have some more to do. The first time I felt a bit uninspired....the next day, Ellie and I sat down together to do them, I felt more relaxed and "into" it.

I think affirmations and drawn pictures sound wonderful. It sounds like you put a lot of thought into the words and that is important. Remember, it is a process, and you may become more invested as you proceed.

Good luck. Have some tea..relax

#139 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 05:48 PM

One other question:

When I do my affirmations.......can I do them for my dh as well? Such as in the FAME section......he relies on his reputation in the company alot...and it has served him well so far......This is a section that has little meaning for me, but I did write one affirmation for him and one for myself.

Can I do this through out the map......Or should he do his own?

Im also following my feng shui books.....and using appropriate colors to write the affirmations in.......
#140 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

rainsmom,
dh should really do his own map but you can put small things that relate to you.
meaning..and I have no idea what your husband's name is...
but you could put in the family area (more than fame)....

Bob's work brings him great attention and wealth and the family prospers from it every day.

in fame I think I would put something about family....

"our family is nurtured by the universe constantly every day and we receive good everyday from the world."

or something like that...

it is a little tricky asking for others... that's why you have to put your influence in it.

as for pictures... if nothing in mags does it for you.... think about painting your own images. Or downloading something you might want exactly.
Trip to Tahiti? Down load a photo from tahiti tourist board. kwim?

#141 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 08:33 PM

Yea, I just added his name to fame and career.......as part of a whole affirmation.

Its funny.....as soon as I put the affirmations down....then I realised what pics I really needed for them and I found them. Some will be drawn, some will be printed off the computer.....but it just came together so quickly......

thanks!
#142 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 08:38 PM

Where is Tresure Mapping Tracy???

Yooo Whoooo

Tracy

Oh Tracy

Where art thou?
#143 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Goodcents...

take a look at this page:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0&pagenumber=4

I decided this year I would do a "less is more" treatment towards my treasure map. My friends and I both were feeling that we have been doing it for so many years that we wanted to throttle it back... kind of like a farmer who needs to mix up the crops so that the ground doesn't get drained...

anyway, I can tell you this is my one affirmation so far

"my consciousness of success compels me into the action that completes my demonstration."

Like I said, less is more.

I will generate more before the end of tuesday night.

In the meantime..all of you watch your thinking for these days. And watch any issues that come up. They can be a window for the year....just to note.

#144 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Administrator

SO when do we have to be done? When should it be considered complete I guess is what I am asking.

#145 of 287 Old 03-22-2004, 11:44 PM

Hey Tracy,
Sorry for asking a question you already answered - you are so patient!!

Adina here is what Tracy said regarding the finishing of the map:

Quote:
"The concentration of the map really is at its peak when you build it the first 3 1/2 days of aries new moon. So, basically you have from Saturday the 20th Time (see above for your time zone). until 3 1/2 days which puts it on the 23 probably late in the evening..maybe 9ish pm (west coast) and around midnight the 24th (east coast)"
#146 of 287 Old 03-23-2004, 12:08 AM

I finished mine- did it in steps. Got the mags on sat., cut out stuff Saturday and Sunday and assembled it this morning after pondering and clearing my mind for a few days.

It turned out really different than I expected- it is totally my own creation and I absolutely love it!

As a side note- I wanted nature, mystery and beauty this year- and driving today saw a FULL Brilliant rainbow that stayed for almost 20 minutes of our drive- the colors were like nothing I have seen before. It felt like magic.

#147 of 287 Old 03-23-2004, 12:51 AM

That is really special Monica

#148 of 287 Old 03-23-2004, 01:47 AM

What kinds of affirmations, things did you put in your "creativity and children" area? I asked dd to draw something in mine, what else...? I like the focus on naure, I found myself doing that too.

I put an "unknown" baby in my family section....is that the right place?

Dh is working on finishing his degree..anything I can add for him...as he is opting out of doing his own?

Thanks, I am enjoying the process.

#149 of 287 Old 03-23-2004, 01:53 AM

Quote:
What kinds of affirmations, things did you put in your "creativity and children" area?
Here are some of mine:

I joyfully trust my creative urges and allow myself the time and space to express them.

As my destiny unfolds, I trust my inner wisdom to express my creativity in all the ways that are perfect for me.

I am artistic, talented , one of a kind creative person.
#150 of 287 Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 AM

Re: the creativity section I put a picture of a totally beautiful all white room with cathedral glass. The idea was the blank slate represented dd, a canvas waiting to emerge with color. The same idea for my creativity.

I also put the words and phrases: healthy gardens/healthy kids, expression, play and good mothering.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page