November Pagan Family Circle - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Busy day today. Two book fairs back to back. Eek!

Talk to everyone later.

Maia: Car rentals in MA: You can rent a car with a GPS. You do need a credit card (not debit) to rent a car in MA but I'm guessing you have that.

Wishing you both good luck!
Send me an email and I'll give you my cell number. Call me when you get to MA! Also, if ANYTHING goes wrong and you feel uncomfortable, call me and I'll come get you (you can stay with me.)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Quick fly by.

Good vibes/healthy vibes for everyone who needs them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Montreal- we used to go pretty often, especially for St Patrick's Day, (it's only a few hours drive from where I live/went to college) but we haven't gone since Ro was born. We're thinking we'll apply for the pass cards and start making more use of cross-boarder activities. Toronto and Ottawa are just as close as Albany and have some great museums/seasonal events. I'm sure the girls would love ice castles and skating!
Tell me you will let me know if/when you come up to Montreal or Ottawa!

Valérie   
#363 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I don't know what public transport there is. Logan airport is quite a ways from Worcester, I think
Yup, it's a haul. But the thing I love and adore about the Boston Bay area is you can get there from here using public transport, even if you can't get there from here using the roads. It's the perfect place for the driving phobic like myself since the commuter rail/buses/trolleys/T more or less blanket the region and you can go waaaaaaaaaay up or down the coast without a car. I used to be part of a pagan gathering group called the "T bounders", meaning meetings couldn't be anyplace you couldn't reach by T. It was never a big limitation.

Anyway, from Logan you'd take the free airport shuttle to the airport stop on the Blue line (takes about 5-10 minutes depending on traffic or if you've just missed a shuttle). You ride the blue line into South Station (another 10-15 minutes, again depending on if you have to wait for the T). From there you get on the commuter rail to Worcester. An all stops train will take about two hours to get you to Worcester and an experess will take about an hour and a half. You can find all the schedule and fare stuff here.

We're hard core sick today with chest colds. Ick. DH is in town getting shingles for the roof and renting a roofing gun/compressor. Poor guy has to take his cold up a ladder.

On the up side, Totoro arrived from netflicks and is giving me a break from Kiki. :

ETA-- For US/Canadian trips try getting a NEXUS Card. It's a lot less expensive, especially for children, than a US passport. It's what we hope to get for our lot. And i'd certainly give notice of trips north! I'd love to meet irl!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#364 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 PM

hugs and vibes to each and all!

just printed off tracy's new moon article.. off to read... looks like it might be a bit about $$... maybe a good new moon for some abundance checks!

cant wait for the fete!
#365 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM

Just a quick drop in before taking the kids to dance classes. DH spent the day in the forest with his dad and uncles yesterday (I'm SO jealous btw! LOL!), and the kids and I were on our own. Was a good day actually, you never know how they'll react to dad being gone all day. I love how close our little family unit is! Picked up a book a while back on herbs. It really hit me the past couple days how far as a society we've removed ourselves from what nature has for us. DH and I were talking and probably 95% of the people we know would take a prescription medication over an herbal remedy, even if the herbal remedy were proven to be more effective. I'm not sure where the idea that if it came from the earth it must inferior came from, but I have suspicions of a certain group or two that may have had something to do with it. Very, very sad AND scary!

Last 2 goldfish died last night. Not sure what was up with that, though one had been off and on again in health. Will sanitize the tank and get guppies or neons or something less dirty! That'll have to wait a few days though. I am truely sorry they passed away but definitely excited about different types of fish! And in the land of pets, our dog left a puddle on the hall carpet last night! Not sure what's up with that, but hey, it inspired me to knock out the bedrooms and clean all the upstairs carpets this morning!

More I was going to post, pulling a complete mind-blank, so I'll be back to reply to others later! Have a great day everyone, and get feeling better those who are sick!
#366 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, mamas-- it couldn't have been a better outcome if I'd planned it myself It was only a stupid freaking filter. Seriously!! It happened in the morning mostly, because the fluid was too thick to make it through the clogged filter. OMG!!!
So he left his brother's early this morning, even though he could have had it fixed there, so he could rush home and talk to me He called at 9 this morning. Stayed on the phone till 10 when I had to get ready for church. What an amazing, loving, happy phone call
He did say the closer it gets to me being there, the more scared he is Aww. I don't feel so bad, now.
OMGs, how I love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Maia: Car rentals in MA: You can
rent a car with a GPS. You do need a credit card (not debit) to rent a car in MA but I'm guessing you have that.

Wishing you both good luck!
Send me an email and I'll give you my cell number. Call me when you get to MA! Also, if ANYTHING goes wrong and you feel uncomfortable, call me and I'll come get you (you can stay with me.)
Aww!! Thank you, DOK! That is so very kind. I really have no worries, but I will PM you and get your cell number anyway, and give you mine. And yes, of course I have a credit card-- which is how I'm in such financial idiocy

Quote:
I used to be part of a pagan gathering group called the "T bounders", meaning meetings couldn't be anyplace you couldn't reach by T. It was never a big limitation.
What's the T? That's some great info, Wombat, and I'm going to c&p it to my inbox or something, so I have it. Maybe print it out and keep it in my purse. You never know if I'll sometime need it or not, in the next 17 months-- but I hope not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
It really hit me the past couple days how far as a society we've removed ourselves from what nature has for us.
Yeah-- I so try not to let myself go there. I just get depressed. I don't think I could survive, or keep my child alive, if I only had to depend on the planet. It's really sad. If it was WWII again, we'd probably all die Does anybody know how to garden and put up food anymore? Or do without, or stretch food? Srsly. Our whole nation would be farked. Scary.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#367 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM

Hello and Happy Sunday mamas.

I had this huge thing typed out, and it got lost! I hate that!

Here goes again, I got a huge punch in the gut! I am a positive person, always looking for the good in any situation, from any person. Well, there is this mean, horrible person who is spreading lies about someone I care about. I live in such a small town that it is having an effect on this person and inturn having an effect on me. I really thought if you were good person, tried your best, always did the right thing,things would work out. People would see through the bs and know the truth. Not so, and I am feeling at a loss. I have never in my life thought the bad things I am thinking about this person. It is not like me and I am shocked! I just don't know what to do. I hope to find myself in a place where I can talk about it and get some advice.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#368 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

So...who's coming to my party? Clay, are we having a combined birthday bash?

So here are the details, so far:

It's at the Biltmore House (I don't know how to make links out of just the words)
We're all getting dolled up, glittery and fancy-like
We have a chocolate fountain, and Cari is bringing some yummies-- didn't someone else say they were bringing spanikopita?

I want Evanescence for the band

Here is who I want to make the birthday cake: http://www.shortstreetcakes.com/
They are local, and can do all sorts of specialty cakes, so those of you who are gluten/dairy/whatever-free are off the hook! And yes, her cakes are to die for.

Oh! And we have to have ice cream. Soy ice cream, too. I want mint chip. And some kind of death-by-chocolate cake with chocolate chips and chocolate icing. My ds doesn't like chocolate cake and I haven't had it in years, because I always get something to accommodate him. MMM, chocolate!

Am I missing anything? Alcohol for those of you who imbibe? Sparkling punch for those of us who don't.

Oh, and it's a pajama party, and the bedtime story will be from Tales of Beedle the Bard. I also have some erotica fairy tales if anyone's of that mind, too

Is this a chick party only? Or shall we have dates?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#369 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Redveg, that just stinks. I'm sorry. I don't know what to say, except just keep your integrity. Remember to pause before you say anything to anyone. Maybe write out your feelings just to get them out, for now. Time will give you insight as to what to do, or say

#370 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 PM

I'm a complete zombie due to a night of total insomnia.. I think I might have slept an hour ALL NIGHT LONG (and that between 5-6am or so) Have soldiered on and done some schoolwork with the boys, but am going to have to cave in & nap shortly or I'll never make it to dinner lol. I sorta skimmed the posts, but was zoning out so didn't hit multiquote till the last one, DUh, I told ya I was brain dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Here goes again, I got a huge punch in the gut! I am a positive person, always looking for the good in any situation, from any person. Well, there is this mean, horrible person who is spreading lies about someone I care about. I live in such a small town that it is having an effect on this person and inturn having an effect on me. I really thought if you were good person, tried your best, always did the right thing,things would work out. People would see through the bs and know the truth. Not so, and I am feeling at a loss. I have never in my life thought the bad things I am thinking about this person. It is not like me and I am shocked! I just don't know what to do. I hope to find myself in a place where I can talk about it and get some advice.
Red, is your friend pagan minded? Maybe a mirror spell could help her by dropping his maliciouslness right back in the offenders lap? It's worked for me a couple of times.

Ok.. hubby presented me with a coffee.... hopefully I don't crash out drinking it? lol

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#371 of 641 Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 PM
gun

Well, the poo is gonna hit the fan in my house in about 15 minutes when my DH gets home and I question him about why he has apparently stopped taking his BP and cholesterol meds for the last several months. I am so angry I could just spit.

Cari - Hope tonight treats you better! And you gotta love a man that remembers coffee delivery!!

Red - sorry to hear about your friend. I have no answers just hugs. It just makes you wonder WTH is wrong with ppl that they want to stir up so much controversy. Hoping it is short-lived!

Maia - Um, I say (especially as my night progresses) no dates allowed! I will bring a GIANT Greek salad with all the toppings!!

Clay - Healing vibes to you and the fam!

Sunshine - sorry about the fish loss - but they are a dirty fish, aren't they?! When most of my tank diedd off, I bought the ugliest little betta fish and he enjoyed that big tank for sure!

Peace- Heather
#372 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
ETA-- For US/Canadian trips try getting a NEXUS Card. It's a lot less expensive, especially for children, than a US passport. It's what we hope to get for our lot. And i'd certainly give notice of trips north! I'd love to meet irl!
I'd love to meet MDC mamas, too. It would require ingenuity and initiative, since my area is not a big vacation destination.

Good to know about the NEXUS cards.

My big dream, which would definitely require passports, is a trip to the UK to visit my best girlfriend since I was 9 and to meet her dds (and to introduce my 2 ds). And, well, to be in the UK again

My dd is actually going off on a trip to the US with close friends soon - an amazing treat - , and will definitely require a passport, and notarized letters etc. as she will be traveling without her parents. (sigh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

just printed off tracy's new moon article.. off to read... looks like it might be a bit about $$... maybe a good new moon for some abundance checks!
Oh Tracy's article is up? Haven't been checking back for it for once. Need to shake loose some money energy here for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Yeah-- I so try not to let myself go there. I just get depressed. I don't think I could survive, or keep my child alive, if I only had to depend on the planet. It's really sad. If it was WWII again, we'd probably all die Does anybody know how to garden and put up food anymore? Or do without, or stretch food? Srsly. Our whole nation would be farked. Scary.
I don't think we are meant to depend only on the planet. I think human communities of all kinds are the way to survival and to making life worth living (oh listen to me, the happy loner irl ) -- I'm actually pretty optimistic that we are all capable of pulling together if we had to in a survival situation.

I'm working on the gardening/food preserving skill set -- I know my grandmother grew up on a homestead and managed a family on a Depression-era dirt farm. I don't have (or aspire to) anything like her competence and thrift, but it seems important to show my kids what is possible. Don't know if I will need these skills in my life as a matter of survival, but I feel there is a strong possibility that they will need them when they are grown. Even if they don't, it's a valuable part of their heritage.

redveg, I'm sorry you are shocked and angry -- hope you can find the place to share more details if you think it would help. You strike me as a very balanced person. I can read your disequilibrium at how this situation is affecting you -- hope you find your center again soon and can shield yourself from this negativity.

Funny you mention mirror spells, Cari. I have been reading about feng shui and formulating some plans for putting up a mirror or something in my bedroom closet, with reflecting surface pointing at a neighbor's home. There has been uncomfortableness in that relationship, but I won't go into details.

I was clearing out the top shelf of my closet yesterday and found a GI Joe type doll that has been stowed up there for a few years -- too cool to get rid of (with a costume full of weapons and accessories, obviously an expensive toy) and too violent to give to my sons. Wonder if it's been influencing our relations with our neighbor, given the feng scui of the location (closest spot in my home to neighbor's home). Maybe the "war" between my neighbor and my family was partially my fault? I'm thinking of putting something up on that shelf that symbolizes peaceful relations and helpfulness instead, and a mirror to increase the distance between us symbolically too and to reflect back anything negative that comes.

Anyway, ds5 found the doll while I was cleaning, and i said he could have it, with cautions about violent toys not being allowed around younger kids in our home. He appropriated a shoebox and stripped the doll of all weapons and dangerous stuff, put the violent gear in the shoebox, sealed it, and drew pictures on the box signifying "scary stuff go away, good stuff and happy stuff is ok!" *My* son! Shoulda done something like that years ago myself!

Now the former black ops army ninja guy is living with the Barbies, and learning a gentler way of life.

Quote:
So here are the details, so far:

It's at the Biltmore House (I don't know how to make links out of just the words)
We're all getting dolled up, glittery and fancy-like
We have a chocolate fountain, and Cari is bringing some yummies-- didn't someone else say they were bringing spanikopita?

I want Evanescence for the band

Oh, and it's a pajama party, and the bedtime story will be from Tales of Beedle the Bard. I also have some erotica fairy tales if anyone's of that mind, too

Is this a chick party only? Or shall we have dates?
Sounds grand!

I will bring some raw milk and fresh egg eggnog (with a homemade vegan nog on the side) and good whiskey for those who like it Also and a classic swiss cheese fondue to complement the chocolate fountain.

If we have dates, I want imaginary, fantasy ones. Maybe facsimiles of movie/book characters, or minor eye-candy deities and heroes, just to complement the goddesses that we will be and to dance with in the ballroom?

Maybe someone like Laurence Fox in his dress coat from Becoming Jane. Well, maybe a dandier version who is a better dancer. Not James Mcavoy's character, from that movie, sadly, because I have a total crush on him and it would be too distracting. Or maybe I'll arrive with Sir Gareth, from Arthurian legend -- my favorite knight....such a sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Well, the poo is gonna hit the fan in my house in about 15 minutes when my DH gets home and I question him about why he has apparently stopped taking his BP and cholesterol meds for the last several months. I am so angry I could just spit.
Oh, no! Hope that goes ok! I am so heavily invested in needing my dh being healthy and ok -- I tell him this regularly!

I had a similar conversation with my dh years and years ago about stopping meds. Turned out, taking control of his own health and self-weaning from meds was the right thing in his situation, in retrospect. Turns out, he really didn't need them anymore. I certainly don't recommend it in general. I was at least as angry as you sound to be....
#373 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I think about that a lot. It's the main reason I've started veggie gardening I'm a LONG LONG way from feeding the family yet, but it's a start and I'm learning HOW to grow food. I figure it's cheaper and easier if I start out with a few things and build from there. After I get reasonably good at growing then I want to learn a bit about canning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Funny you mention mirror spells, Cari. I have been reading about feng shui and formulating some plans for putting up a mirror or something in my bedroom closet, with reflecting surface pointing at a neighbor's home. There has been uncomfortableness in that relationship, but I won't go into details.
DO IT! Write yourself a little verse, visualize your intent of the strife between you melting away and any ill will from them being turned away. Of course, you have to make sure to take responsibility for any negativity on your side as well, and put it aside... but it does help.

Over the years during very BAD periods, I did a couple of mirror spells directed at my ex husbands new wife. She was angry, bitter & saw me as a threat & resented me. She caused a lot of damage to my relationship with my boys in the process After I did the first, the nastiness slowed to a trickle. A year or so later I repeated the process and it stopped altogether. Then my oldest had his accident last year and she approached ME, wanting to initiate a better relationship for the benefit of the boys we both care about.. and for our own sanity sake. Who knows what would have happened though, if I hadn't done those spells to quell things and refuse to accept any abuse. We get along fairly well now

Quote:
I was clearing out the top shelf of my closet yesterday and found a GI Joe type doll that has been stowed up there for a few years -- too cool to get rid of (with a costume full of weapons and accessories, obviously an expensive toy) and too violent to give to my sons. Wonder if it's been influencing our relations with our neighbor, given the feng scui of the location (closest spot in my home to neighbor's home). Maybe the "war" between my neighbor and my family was partially my fault? I'm thinking of putting something up on that shelf that symbolizes peaceful relations and helpfulness instead, and a mirror to increase the distance between us symbolically too and to reflect back anything negative that comes.
What 'bagua' is the closet in? (ie, love & relationship, family, helpful people & guardians etc) because that would have more to do with any potential problem than the fact that it's near their house I think. (we had a very very active feng shui thread at one point in... personal growth I think? you might be able to search it up

Quote:
Now the former black ops army ninja guy is living with the Barbies, and learning a gentler way of life.
nice

Well, I had a sorta nap. It was relatively crappy, but better than nothing I guess. Hubby made me a cuppa when I got up and now I'm gearing up to go make some fried rice for dinner

I want want waaaaaant to start holiday decorating lol. I picked up our new dec's yesterday including the very cute faery topper. I'm not entirely sure she is going to be big enough to look right on the tree now! But she will find a home somewhere prominent to be sure, cause she's too cute!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#374 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I think about that a lot. It's the main reason I've started veggie gardening I'm a LONG LONG way from feeding the family yet, but it's a start and I'm learning HOW to grow food. I figure it's cheaper and easier if I start out with a few things and build from there. After I get reasonably good at growing then I want to learn a bit about canning
That's my plan too! I am such a newbie at gardening/food growing. I helped my mom, aunt and grandma do it when I was a child and they had a HUGE communal garden in our large backyard. Everyone lived close enough together to help maintain that garden and then work together on the harvesting, freezing and canning that helped all the families through the winter. I have such great memories of *helping* with making tomato juice and pickles. But those memories are very fuzzy and I need to work hard to regain those skills, that knowledge.

I'm going to start small in the spring with growing the things that are known to be easy and thrive in our environment and add new items each season. Of course the first year will be about finding strategies for keeping the local deer population from eating all of it.

I'm not letting myself think about any of it until January. I have to much holiday knitting and sewing to do to get distracted by seed catalogs until then.

Quote:
We're hard core sick today with chest colds. Ick. DH is in town getting shingles for the roof and renting a roofing gun/compressor. Poor guy has to take his cold up a ladder.
Oh I hope you are all on the mend very soon. We spent October fighting sniffles and coughs. And I do mean fighting. My middle guy gets upper respiratory infections so easily and every autumn. So I was ready to do battle when the cough started up. I had herbal tea and homeopathics going in him all day long. And no URI!!!

Quote:
Oh, mamas-- it couldn't have been a better outcome if I'd planned it myself It was only a stupid freaking filter.

Quote:
My husband will do this too, but with him it is depression meds, because he starts feeling guilty at how much they cost. I know that they are not essential to his physical survival (as he doesn't get suicidal) but they are essential to good relationships so I get miffed at him.

Quote:
And having the time of his little, plastic life no doubt!!

Maryhippie.gif

#375 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Red, is your friend pagan minded? Maybe a mirror spell could help her by dropping his maliciouslness right back in the offenders lap? It's worked for me a couple of times.
They are open to anything. I have done a few things for them before, maybe I will ask them to take part.

Quote:

I don't think we are meant to depend only on the planet. I think human communities of all kinds are the way to survival and to making life worth living (oh listen to me, the happy loner irl ) -- I'm actually pretty optimistic that we are all capable of pulling together if we had to in a survival situation.

I'm working on the gardening/food preserving skill set -- I know my grandmother grew up on a homestead and managed a family on a Depression-era dirt farm. I don't have (or aspire to) anything like her competence and thrift, but it seems important to show my kids what is possible. Don't know if I will need these skills in my life as a matter of survival, but I feel there is a strong possibility that they will need them when they are grown. Even if they don't, it's a valuable part of their heritage
I garden and can. Last year was not a good year for me, so if my families survival depended on my garden, we would be in trouble. My goal it to grow everything we eat during the year as far as produce goes. I think the produce in the grocery store is not healthy for you, the organic produce is just too expensive for me to buy. We snack on fruit and veggies so much. My food bill is close to 300.00 a week as it is! I think that if it was our way of life, people would get together and there would be more trading going on.

#376 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
redveg, I'm sorry you are shocked and angry -- hope you can find the place to share more details if you think it would help. You strike me as a very balanced person. I can read your disequilibrium at how this situation is affecting you -- hope you find your center again soon and can shield yourself from this negativity.

I will bring some raw milk and fresh egg eggnog (with a homemade vegan nog on the side) and good whiskey for those who like it Also and a classic swiss cheese fondue to complement the chocolate fountain.
Thanks for your thoughts. Yum on the vegan nog!!

Quote:
Red - sorry to hear about your friend. I have no answers just hugs. It just makes you wonder WTH is wrong with ppl that they want to stir up so much controversy. Hoping it is short-lived!
Thanks

#377 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Well mamas another nice day. I think I will take a break, meditate and drink some coffee on the porch. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Cari, hope you get some sleep.

#378 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
ver

Dear Aubergine68: I saw you mentioned French immersion school. Do you live in Asheville? We are looking into relocating in this area and was looking for a French immersion school: can you tell me about it? Thanks, Ver
#379 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy new moon, everyone!

Quote:

DO IT! Write yourself a little verse, visualize your intent of the strife between you melting away and any ill will from them being turned away. Of course, you have to make sure to take responsibility for any negativity on your side as well, and put it aside... but it does help.
[...]
What 'bagua' is the closet in? (ie, love & relationship, family, helpful people & guardians etc) because that would have more to do with any potential problem than the fact that it's near their house I think. (we had a very very active feng shui thread at one point in... personal growth I think? you might be able to search it up
Thanks for the details on your situation, Cari. Very interesting to read how it worked for you.

Can I do this between two people that are not me? The issue is essentially a quarrel years ago (pointless stubborn misunderstanding on both sides, from my POV) between someone who lives in my house and someone next door over an issue (again as far as I can see, misunderstood) to do with children. But harsh words were spoken between the adults and it doesn't seem that they can be forgotten. I'd love to fix this; it is the only problem I have with where we live.

So this feud affects myself and several others that are not directly involved. And I am not comfortable approaching anyone directly anymore, that ship has sailed. So is a mirror- spell between two who aren't me the best magical/spiritual approach to solving this problem?

Interestingly, it seems there was a similar conflict between the former owners of both houses. I met the original owner of my house, and he commented that he'd planted a partial hedge (odd-looking) between our properties years back because the family who lived there then had rowdy teens who liked to party and drive across his (our) lawn. So is it bad feng shui, or maybe we're working out the previous bad vibe, somehow?

There is some clutter outside between our homes -- I know clearing that up might help the situation. I'm also planning for some cheerful, hardy plantings next spring to both expand and soften the hedge....

I think I found that big feng shui thread recently, but it is locked now or I'd be bumping it for sure. There have been some smaller threads recently in Decluttering, too.

My closet is in the creativity/children bagua, and the ninja doll was on a shelf in my closet where I keep small gifts on hand for children (funny how baguas work out in your home's spaces, even when you didn't plan your home around them, isn't it?) Maybe the fact that the argument was about/between children to start? Or maybe it has to do with something else to do with children....hey maybe my boys will stop fighting with each other now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

I'm going to start small in the spring with growing the things that are known to be easy and thrive in our environment and add new items each season. Of course the first year will be about finding strategies for keeping the local deer population from eating all of it.

no doubt. I'm sure the Barbies are enjoying the possibilities too....

Deer/rabbits intimidate me as a gardner, not in general. Don't know how our ancestors managed to grow food with those garden-raiders about. We are in town, so no deer, and have a neighborhood well-patrolled with cats, so no rabbits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ver View Post
Dear Aubergine68: I saw you mentioned French immersion school. Do you live in Asheville? We are looking into relocating in this area and was looking for a French immersion school: can you tell me about it? Thanks, Ver
Hi Ver! I'm actually in Canada -- sorry that isn't helpful! Asheville would be a lot nicer this time of year, though. I'd love to get to know that area.
#380 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM

French- we're watching Totoro with the French language track right now.

Maia- Yay for quock car fixes! A joint party sounds good to me... I'll add chocolate truffles, coconut ice cream, pixie stix, and mojitos to the buffet. Oh, the T is the subway system (though not all of the routes are underground... the name comes from mbTa. Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority). It's a pretty user friendly system with color coded lines, not at all like the spaghetti nightmare of NYC's subway system.

Canada/travel- we really want the kids to have a sense of travel as possible. A lot of people we know don't travel at all... not even a few hours by car. But growing up my dad used to throw us in the car and just take off. Nothing planned, just "lets go five hours north and see what is there". So we got to see all sorts of random stuff. I want the kids to have that same sense of grabbing an overnight bag and just going. We looked into passports but Canada is the only border within easy reach and the Nexus card is free for kids. We'd eventually get passports so we could visit family in Ireland, but till then this should work!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#381 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
French- we're watching Totoro with the French language track right now.
What a great idea!

#382 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Maia - Um, I say (especially as my night progresses) no dates allowed! I will bring a GIANT Greek salad with all the toppings!!
YUM, Greek salad!

I don't blame you about your DH-- keep us posted as to why! Why do men seem to do that, I wonder...macho syndrome?

Quote:

If we have dates, I want imaginary, fantasy ones. Maybe facsimiles of movie/book characters, or minor eye-candy deities and heroes, just to complement the goddesses that we will be and to dance with in the ballroom?

I had a similar conversation with my dh years and years ago about stopping meds. Turned out, taking control of his own health and self-weaning from meds was the right thing in his situation, in retrospect. Turns out, he really didn't need them anymore. I certainly don't recommend it in general. I was at least as angry as you sound to be....
Well, since I am newly (well, again...or still?) in love, I shall bring my sweetie, if he agrees to be a virtual date Maybe I can post his FB page here, if he lets me, but he's pretty private, so maybe not.
He also is a slacker about depression meds-- he has this way-outdated stigma about mental illness. Like, it's so not 19th century anymore, duh?

Aubergine, those foods sound SO yummy! I love egg nog. Funny, though, even when I was a drinking woman, I liked it straight, no alcohol So color me weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
I can so see this thread getting way out of hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ver View Post
That would be me, in Asheville. No French immersion school that I know of, but you can go to yahoogroups and there is a local mamas group on there called Ashevillemamas. You can find any info you need about here, from the mamas. That would be your best resource for asking about that. HTH!

#383 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM

I spent some time last night catching up, but dd didn't give me time to post. Little stinker took 2 hours to fall asleep. Then dh and I kept waking up when a strange truck kept driving up and down our street. Where we live it isn't thru streets either, so we called the police to report suspicious behavior. And to top it off, the last time the truck left, at 3:45 am, it was followed by a guy on a bike with a dog.Who rides a bike in freezing weather at 3am? How weird.

I remember someone asking about the book Pagan Homeschooling- I read it a couple years back. I'd suggest trying to find it in a library or ILL. Maybe used. I do not think it's worth buying full price- to me it was very basic- basic homeschooling info combined with basic pagan parenting. I don't recall coming away with a single AHA! idea. HTH!

Maia- glad the car troubles worked themselves out! I'll be at the party! Tomorrow- what time?? Do we meet here, or what? I'm bringing Pumpkin Tofu Cheesecake and Sushi!

Clay- So sorry about the military trying to stick it to your brother. That's so wrong on so many levels. And I hope you all are feeling better today. Totoro should def help

Aubergine68- when we started having neighbor issues, I planted stones between our properties ( and good vibe ones for us too all over the house and property) I can tell a difference- things aren't great, but much improved.

Tracy's Scorpio New Moon article is a good one! She keeps taking about finding your group or such- I can't wait for that to happen. I need some new faces irl.
#384 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Maia- glad the car troubles worked themselves out! I'll be at the party! Tomorrow- what time?? Do we meet here, or what? I'm bringing Pumpkin Tofu Cheesecake and Sushi!
I don't know what time! Hmm. Did we all meet "live" for the Yule Ball? I don't recall that we actually did.
That cheesecake sounds divine, though!!

My other trouble, the one I had today that I didn't mention, but was making my head spin with doubt and shame, resolved in a huge way and he lovesmelovesmeloves me He said "I will never leave you, I will never forsake you, I will be with you always"
Srsly, mamas, I do not feel like I deserve this man, sometimes. Oh, and he has agreed to be my virtual date for the virtual party

#385 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
He said "I will never leave you, I will never forsake you, I will be with you always"
Didn't Jesus say that?

#386 of 641 Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 PM

Virtual party- I am bringing those spinach triangle things that I can't remember the name of or how to spell it.

Busy day here- putting the house back together, schooling the girls and a meeting. I am beat.

Catch up later

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#387 of 641 Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 AM

first day back to work... i'm exhausted

Party - what party - i wanna go to a party

glad the car thing was simple!

there was more but i'm too tired to look back through now

: and to those that need them

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#388 of 641 Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 AM

Just popping in for a quick second to say OMG it's hawt here *wilts* It is topping out at 100F ISH... could be a degree or two higher out where we are even. I'm dyiiin. Didn't realize it was going to be that hot until we were all in the car taking Quinn to preschool and when I heard 38-40C on the radio I called kindy.

They didn't even have their air conditioners ON yet and it was already 30c before 9am. The way the rooms are set up (very big & Open and frequent in & outside openings) it would never get cool in there if they didn't have them on already... so I told them Q wasn't coming today. I figured we'd just hang out at home in the air conditioning where I can make sure he stays hydrated.

He spent all day sunday spewing and really hasn't been willing to drink much gatorade, and only avg amounts of water.. so I wasn't overly confident that he wouldn't end up dehydrated there. He's crashed out in nothing but a nappy on the living room floor now May have to send hubby out to water my veggies again so they dont' all wilt and die!

I didn't sleep again last night.. was up till at least 2am. Woke up when dh did just after 4am..then tossed & turned a while and was up at 6 for the day when I realized quinn was having a nosebleed... all over my egyptian cotton sheets lol maintaining my sense of humor is easy though, since I'm nearing sleep deprivation psychosis I think. And last night I took a valium even!

#389 of 641 Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 AM

Cari, 100? Holy poo, I would faint! I remember how hot it was when I lived in Florida, now if it's hotter than 70 I think it's too hot. I hope you get some sleep.

#390 of 641 Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Maia-

Cari- Hope today is a MUCH better day for you and your family.
Did you get Roo's letter?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page