November Pagan Family Circle - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning everyone!

Happy belated bday maia!

It is 31 here. I need to add another heat lamp for my tortoise, poor guy isn't getting enough heat.

Okay, my Tonic is ready as of today...... but I have to be honest.... I'm kinda afraid to try it

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#422 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM

Ocean's Eve- I told a friend about the tonic and that was her reaction. hehe

Need to do lots of computer work today. I am presenting in two weeks and decided to add new material to the course. What the heck was I thinking?

When I take a break, I will hopefully catch up.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#423 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 AM

Mornin' Mama's!

It's a chilly morning here too. The breeze feels like snow, even though I know it won't. It's 46 out there right now.

Busy, busy, busy with my online classes and holiday knitting (that's getting to be a broken record) but checking in here as often as I can.

Off to do my monthly Trader Joe's run today. (The nearest one is over an hour away so I just load up once an month and make do with the local groceries in between.)

Maryhippie.gif

#424 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM

It's funny how I always seem to get everyone talking about the weather. Maybe a new career is in order.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#425 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:44 AM

Morning Mamas!

I have not forgotten about you! We have not had the chance to fix the other computers yet, so still working off the one laptop. Somedays DH takes it to work leaving me computerless.

I do have it today and tomorrow for sure so at least I can catch up a little!

I will catch up when DD naps, but in the meantime to all and I miss you all so much!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#426 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 AM

i got some of my books in the mail!! I'm so excited to start reading, that I don't know which book to start with (I also have two more still in the mail! LOL) ...so I can't start reading.

do I start with 'Wicca' or The Circle Within, or Drawing Down the Moon or Earth Magic. AAaHHHH

Actually I've already started Wicca, and I think I'll start Circle Within once it arrives, the rest to follow.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#427 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM

Drawing Down the Moon is more "academic-ish" and less "how to" so maybe pop in and out of that one as the mood strikes? It's also a good book to use as a reference when a different book casually mentions a name or group... if I recall it has a nearly functional index.

Soooooo tired this morning! Ro was up coughing and crying most of the night, and Laia coughed so hard she had an accident and I had to strip/remake the bed. I think I'm beating back the invading forces of the flu bug, but I have no ooomph left after dancing at the party all night and binging on coconut icecream and truffles.

Actually, there were real world truffles too. We went to a friend's for dinner and he had brought me a pack of truffles from his last trip to Switzerland. MMmmmmm. Yummy! But it did mean we got home late, which think was part of Ro's problem.

Tonic- sounds like dwarf bread to me!

A huge hawk just flew by the window! There is a big part of me that doesn't really like living this far out from town, but every now and then something beautiful happens and makes me happy. Hawks outside the window count!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#428 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 AM

Morning mamas. Today my babies are 16! I can't believe it. So the good mom I am I gave them each their own B-Day cake for breakfast. Tonight I will make them each their favorite meal for supper.

My other baby, (puppy) went to the vet to get fixed. Poor little guy looked so sad.

I think I am going to go back to bed for a few while I can.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#429 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
High of 17 C/ 62 F yesterday, with a wind! Very warm for us! Today, we're expecting a more seasonal 40F. Apparently, it has been snowing like crazy in the mountains and skiers(I'm not) are deliriously happy

Spent most of the warm spell catering to my older two, who were ill with stomach flu. My youngest, who has never heard of the concept of tempting fate, was wandering around announcing smugly " But *I* don't have a stummy ache." I thought he'd be sick in the night, so I caught up on laundry, dishes and went to bed early. DIdn't have an interrupted sleep so I'm feeling indecently well rested.

Speaking of moms deserving celebration on their children's birthday, Congratulations, redveg!

I'd read Earth Magic first.

Hi, singin angel!

I'm so sorry about the coughing girls, Wombatclay. Hope they (and you) have a rest today. Hooray for the hawk by your window!

Ocean's Eve, you could try mixing the tonic with some mild salsa (or even just chopped tomato) and taking it with food to start. Maybe even toast. I add it to soup or sandwiches or veggies quite often. In fact, I'd take it with food for sure, the first time.

I wish we had a Trader Joe's. And that I had a tea with a homeschooling family today. I think I'll be canceling school and preschool and keeping everyone home, most likely.

And working on homework.
#430 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 PM

New moon- I cleansed my alter Feels great! I think I'm going to look into a prosperity spell. I want to focus my intentions about finances.

Red Veg-Happy Birthday to your triplets and congratulations to you. After raising triplets for 16 years, you deserve to go back to bed

Clay-It sounds like one of those times to just take 10 minutes at a time. Hopefully everyone will heal quickly and you'll get a break from the sickies for awhile.

DoK-I have weather like that...North California in the Redwoods. Of course redwoods=fog in the summer mornings, but I love it Come live by me.

Aubergine-I hope your household is enjoying good health very soon

Autumn Breeze- Enjoy! You have some good reading to curl up to.

Singin Angel- glad to "hear" from you. I hope everything is going alright.

I'll have to catch up with the rest later. I have to get DD ready for school, tonight she has a performance (musical theater), and we're leaving on a trip tomorrow...so busy busy with preparations.

Hugs and healing (or remaining healthy)

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#431 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 PM

femme_rouge, i must say, Rupert is an excellent name for a dragon! (did you see my link for abundance checks?)

KJoslyn, stunning dress! i missed that one, or i might have picked it myself!

redveg, happy bday to your not-so-little-littles! and yum! cake for breakfast!

hugs and healing vibes and happy day after the party to all! (and thanks for wassailing the trees with me, aubergine! squeee!)
#432 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM

Hi Mamas~

DH and I would like to start celebrating solstice with DS (16 months) this year, instead of Christmas. I was wondering...what are some winter solstice "traditions"? Certain decorations? Food? Music/songs? Rituals like candle lighting? Describe to me what your winter solstice celebration is like.

I would love some ideas!!

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
#433 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
femme_rouge, i must say, Rupert is an excellent name for a dragon! (did you see my link for abundance checks?)

That link is awesome...I will have to try that one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
New moon- I cleansed my alter Feels great! I think I'm going to look into a prosperity spell. I want to focus my intentions about finances.
Cleansing the altar...so on my to do list! Things have been insane around here and I could use some grounding time...and a schedule again.

Clay - I hope Tor gets better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas. Today my babies are 16! I can't believe it. So the good mom I am I gave them each their own B-Day cake for breakfast. Tonight I will make them each their favorite meal for supper.

My other baby, (puppy) went to the vet to get fixed. Poor little guy looked so sad.

I think I am going to go back to bed for a few while I can.
Cake for breakfast! That's a great way to start the day Happy birth-day to you too mama!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#434 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 03:23 PM

holy crap I think I'm cured just smelling it !!

I think I'll wait till tonight so the girls don't have to watch me puke

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#435 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I have some faeries in my garden and they insisted on coming with me so Maia, you have faery friends at your Birthday Party!
Ooooh! Thank you, yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I'm seriously worried about that man now This coming from the woman that had pink furry pig slippers LOL.
Yeah, right?
I've always worried about him but then, he's my perfect match. Srsly. To quote a not-so-popular movie that we both love..."He doesn't make sense. I don't make sense. Together, we make sense"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Good morning everyone! Super tired this morning. Ds woke me up too early.

I'd like to live somewhere that doesn't get too cold and doesn't get too hot. Where are places like that? Say 45-80 degrees.
Likely story. You know you partied too hard at my birthday party last night

Asheville. Asheville is like that. Winter actually hovers around 32-40 in the day, summer around 80ish (gets up around 90 for about two weeks, but didn't at all, this year!). And it's mountainous and beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Soooooo tired this morning!

but I have no ooomph left after dancing at the party all night and binging on coconut icecream and truffles.
Yeah, you too...y'all just whooped it up last night, didn't you? Coconut ice cream and truffles, so divine

Quote:
Yikes, mama. You deserve a medal just for surviving that My one boy is hard enough!
THREE cakes and THREE meals? Go you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusblossom9 View Post
DH and I would like to start celebrating solstice with DS (16 months) this year, instead of Christmas. I was wondering...what are some winter solstice "traditions"? Certain decorations? Food? Music/songs? Rituals like candle
We do Christmas and Solstice. Solstice is our "religious" holiday, while Christmas is our big gift extravaganza.
On Solstice eve, we make Sun Bread and read the book http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Bread-Elis...8579533&sr=1-1
On Solstice morning, we get up just before sunrise and go outside. We sit under blankets sometimes, and snuggle together.
We're real quiet while we talk about the dark and the light and the turn of the seasons. We bring the Sun Bread and some sparkling cider, and when the Sun rises over the mountain, we whoop and holler and throw some bread to the Sun. Then we pour libations and drink cider right from the bottle and have Sun bread ourselves, and dance and sing Sun songs.
Later, we have a Feast in honor of the return of the Light!

Christmas, we do Santa and get up and open presents and laze around and have fun all day. No particular feasting or anything else. Unless we're at my mom's. She goes to midnight mass on Christmas Eve, but we don't.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#436 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
It's funny how I always seem to get everyone talking about the weather. Maybe a new career is in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
i got some of my books in the mail!! I'm so excited to start reading, that I don't know which book to start with (I also have two more still in the mail! LOL) ...so I can't start reading.

do I start with 'Wicca' or The Circle Within, or Drawing Down the Moon or Earth Magic. AAaHHHH
Drawing down the moon isn't the easiest read, at least it wasn't for ME Eventually I found it enjoyable, but that was after I already had a bit of a foundation of knowledge about wicca/paganism.

Quote:
My goodness, 3 special meals in one night? lol you're gonna be pooped! I have a 16 yr old (not to mention the 21yo) and boy does that make me feel old lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusblossom9 View Post
Hi Mamas~

DH and I would like to start celebrating solstice with DS (16 months) this year, instead of Christmas. I was wondering...what are some winter solstice "traditions"? Certain decorations? Food? Music/songs? Rituals like candle lighting? Describe to me what your winter solstice celebration is like.

I would love some ideas!!
Most decorations for Winter solstice/Yule are basically the same as christmas decorations since that's where Christmas got them from! My favourite tradition with the kids is saluting the sun. On Summer solstice (coming up for us we wake up before the sun, make iced chocolates and go outside to greet the sun on the longest day On winter solstice we reverse that and make hot choccies and 'put the sun to bed' on the shortest day My boys are wild children so any ritual would be lost on them, at this point I don't bother.

Hubby has a migraine and is in bed & not at work... this means i have to attempt to keep 3 kids somewhat quiet on a VERY HOT DAY (means little to no outside time ) in hopes that he doesn't suffer too long with it. And then I get to rework the budget for next fortnight, since no work = no pay as well as make a grocery list and go buy some food

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#437 of 641 Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Asheville. Asheville is like that. Winter actually hovers around 32-40 in the day, summer around 80ish (gets up around 90 for about two weeks, but didn't at all, this year!). And it's mountainous and beautiful!
32 is too cold. And that means it would get even colder at night. I'm sick of winter.

#438 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 08:42 AM

Morning mamas. What a nice day we had yesterday. It is cold here this morning. It's tough for me, I am not a morning person to begin with, but when it's cold and I am in a warm bed, it's almost impossible to get up!

I hope everyone has a great day. I will be back to catch up this afternoon.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#439 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
32 is too cold. And that means it would get even colder at night. I'm sick of winter.
Oh. Well...it truly isn't all that wintery, not enough for me, anyway. When we first moved here, it was 4 distinct seasons. Plenty wintery. It's warmed up in the nearly 7 years we've lived here
BUT, that said, it hardly ever snows-- I'd like a little more-- and I don't even dress that warmly most of the winter. Sweatshirt, scarf, hat, mittens. Round about February I'm wearing a coat for a little while.
Night, I'm inside, so yes, it can get to about 20, not much below, but I'm inside anyway

Six more days, mamas! We are both pretty nervous, when we let ourselves admit it.
Another way we're alike: holy cow, we have the same favorite soup. Srsly. I know that sounds insane, but nobody but nobody likes bean with bacon soup at all, if they even know what it is, and here it's both our very favorite
I said "Stop it! stop being me, already!"
It's kind of disconcerting.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#440 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
DoK-I have weather like that...North California in the Redwoods. Of course redwoods=fog in the summer mornings, but I love it Come live by me.
My mom lives in Redwood City. She'd love for me to move to CA. Honestly, I'd be nervous about earthquakes. And services for special needs children (autism spectrum). It's sad but I haven't even been able to afford to go visit her. I'd love to see CA.

#441 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 10:16 AM

RedVeg- Happy Birthday to your Triplets!

Cold, rainy day today- art class and veggin out.

Yule/Solstice- This year, we are looking at how different religions honor their beliefs and how they celebrate, so we will do a paper chain for advent, put our shoes out for Saint Nicholas, have cocoa and sticky buns for Saint Lucia, Yule and a few others, if I find more resources. I don't want to get stuck on the stuff portion, so we are looking for many great books to read and any people we can meet.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#442 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
My mom lives in Redwood City. She'd love for me to move to CA. Honestly, I'd be nervous about earthquakes. And services for special needs children (autism spectrum). It's sad but I haven't even been able to afford to go visit her. I'd love to see CA.
I live in the real Northern Ca about 5 hours north of your mom. Cost of living is lower. Beautiful area on the ocean with redwoods, mountains, rivers...pretty small but hip community. A mom at the charter school we're at said said the services for her special needs child exceeded her expectations. It snows maybe one day every 10 years or so. A big enough deal to close everything down and have a spontaneous holiday. You should check it out.

Feel free to PM me.

Ok, I must get off me arse and get us packed. We're leaving to go out of town in an hour. Luckily, I think there's WIFI at the hotel.

BB

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#443 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You should check it out.
Honestly, I don't think I'd move to a place where I didn't know anyone again. Been there, done that too many times. Although it's fun to fantasize about moving some glorious place, it's not going to happen. Unless I get married and move with my hubby and son.

Hope you have a safe journey. Don't forget the laptop!

#444 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 12:56 PM

i lurve bean with bacon soup, but that probably wont suprise you, maia....

dok, you're sick of winter, and i'm sick of summer... shall we switch?

happy thursday, everyone!
#445 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

Hi Mamas!

It's foggy here today. I can barely see out the window.

We celebrate Yule and Christmas. We do Christmas because DH's family is christian and they love to celebrate with presents and all that. I haven't started planning for Yule, but that is something we just do here. The UU church we've attended twice is having a winter solstice ritual and I'm tempted to go. I will just have to keep planning, so feel free to keep sharing ideas It sounds so lovely and I'm looking forward to it already!

Aeress - I love the idea of celebrating the holidays with some of the traditions of different faiths.

#446 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 PM

Cold and raining here too! DH has sworn never to live someplace without snow. He loves cold, snowy, winter weather. Me? I'd be happy with 50-75 degrees, seasonal rain, fog is good, sun is nice, gotta have a breeze. But if it doesn't have a few months of hard core snow DH wont bite. I've offered something in the "day trip to mountain of snow" regions but he still says those don't count. Oddly enough, I'm the one who generally shovels the drive, feeds the stove, plastics the windows, purchases/cleans/dries/keeps tabs on the outerwear, maintains the car emergency box (flashlight, salt, fixaflat, dry gas, flares, leatherman tool, window scraper, energy bars, boxed soy milk, dried fruit, diapers, change of clothing for each person, first aid kit, space blankets, chem hot packs, crayons/color books, 20 dollars in rolled quarters) and does the "work work" of life in cold weather. Sort of substituting the weather for the puppy everyone swore they's take for walks.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#447 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Too busy right now to add value to this post, but had to at this

Quote:
Sort of substituting the weather for the puppy everyone swore they's take for walks.
Ok, editing to add value...

Here is a link to youtubes of the Canadian kids' show, Big Comfy Couch episode where the characters celebrate the Winter Solstice, ie The Longest Night. I think it is charming and full of lots of ideas for celebrating the season with children -- staying up late, playing outside, having hot chocolate, exchanging gifts and wishes, etc. And the song in the last three minutes of the second vid on this page is actually a really pretty solstice song.

I have a soft spot for the Comfy Couch because one of my friends when we lived in TO worked for the prop company that built the couch. He had lots of cred with my then-preschooler dd over that!
#448 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing good

Redveg- Happy Birthday to your triplets!

I love winter and winter holidays. And extending the fun as long as possible. Beginning Dec 1st we start an advent style countdown. Each day has a little slip of paper with an activity on it ( making cookies, gingerbread house, playing in snow) or stickers, or something like that. This really helps me to make sure we do all the fun holiday type stuff that we love doing. And each night I have a story pertaining to Winter, Yule/Solstice, Christmas that I wrap up in a piece of fabric or playsilk and place under the tree. Most of the books I get from the library, but I have a nice stack collected now from previous years. And don't forget these little gems :

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=yule+camp

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=yule+camp

Oh! I'd forgotten about "Soup and Solstice". Yummy!

Now I gotta go clean house.
#449 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM

holidays- complicated.

Our season starts in November with Thanksgiving. Part of our family tradition is to make holiday helper boxes that will arrive around Thanksgiving (and I make Yule Cards ). From there we focus on an inward/outward spiral.

We make a Solstice Calendar and every night (dec 1-21) I light the candles and tell the story of Mother Holle. After the story one of the kids hangs another snowflake on the calendar, the candle is blown out, and bedtime routine resumes. Each week during this time we have both and outward activity (volunteer at food pantry, wrap gifts for kids at the domestic violence shelter, pick up litter, make/distribute bird feeding pine cones) and an inward one (find and decorate our tree, build our solstice altar, plant protective charms on our land, make holiday cookies, stir the fruitcake batter together). So a balancing between giving and getting.

Solstice eve we walk a winter spiral, stay up late with lots of candles (no electric lights), have a special meal with the same basic foods each year, hang stockings for Mother Holle to fill (and leave cocoa and snowflake cookies for her to share ), and stay snug. Solstice morning we wake for dawn, make lots of happy birthday sun music (bells, pan lids, clapping, singing), eat sun bread, and put a baby sun symbol on the altar. Then we open our stockings... generally handmade or personal gifts.

Between Solstice and Christmas Eve we're generally up for parties and socializing. Christmas Eve we hang the stockings again for Santa (he prefers cookies and straw for the reindeer), watch his journey on NORAD, play carols, and go to bed early. In the morning we get up, open stockings (generally more "mass produced" gifts from extended family), and set up an "all day buffet". This is when we call family and friends, visit people, play crazy loud music, and touch base with others.

Between Christmas and New Years we again turn inward, cleaning the house physically and spiritually. We burn seasonal incense, light candles, fill the space with happy energy and the warmth of family. New Years Eve we burn symbols of what we want to leave behind and draw images of those things we want to welcome in. We spend the evening/night doing a jigsaw puzzle then toast the new year and make lots of happy new year noise.

Finally we celebrate 12th night by removing the holiday decore/tree and decorating with an eye towards spring and the sun. The house is clean, smells great, we have a fun party, and that night La Befana leaves an orange, some nuts, and a tiny toy (clothespin doll, wooden "matchbox" car, jacks) in the shoes by the door.

And that's the end of the "gee it's getting dark, maybe we should have a party" season!

It sounds like a lot, but in actuality it is nice to have things really spread out. You don't get that huge buildup with immediate "that was it?!?" feeling that sometimes hits when you've got a month or two all building towards a single (consumer oriented) holiday. Plus it lets dh and I start/maintain new traditions without giving up the favorite traditions of our own childhood (me- every year a gift of new underwear/socks from a fictitious Aunt, all day low key holiday buffet, a candle/calendar for the season, the new years eve jigsaw puzzle. dh- cutting a tree and dragging it home, big holiday meal, carols and nog on Christmas eve, visiting family on Christmas day)

#450 of 641 Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i lurve bean with bacon soup, but that probably wont suprise you, maia....
Of course, you do!

Quote:
maintains the car emergency box (flashlight, salt, fixaflat, dry gas, flares, leatherman tool, window scraper, energy bars, boxed soy milk, dried fruit, diapers, change of clothing for each person, first aid kit, space blankets, chem hot packs, crayons/color books, 20 dollars in rolled quarters)
Now that's the serious emergency car kit!! Where's room for the fam?

Mamas, omg, M and I are more insane for each other every day. I don't think the live-in-person thing is going to be an issue at all, for either of us.
I wrote him a letter in quill-and-ink on parchment with a sealing-wax stamp
He got it today, and he said "If there were any reservations about you coming up here (and there were-- he lets fear get the better of him), that letter put them all to rest. I'm more in love with you than I ever was"
OMGs, mamas. Oh. My. Gods.
breathe, Maia, just breathe...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page