November Pagan Family Circle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- The system told me it couldn't send you a pm. Don't know what is up with that- it said it was turned off?
Hmm. Off to go check now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Oops. Supposed to be doing homework, clicking away from MDC now....
Yeah, that

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
So, I tuned into to my energy & I was very productive yesterday. Cleaned Lvg Rm, Kit, Kids BR (took out everything except their bed and reorganized, My BR, and did all laundry and linens. Whew! But it feels great. DP came home, peeled off his clothes and left them in a pile in the middle of the floor. My mama look came out as I said, "seriously?" and he said..."oh..."

That's a good one. At least he recognized and corrected his mistake! So respectful. That's awesome.

DOK, any luck with the robe? That's so sweet. You're such a good, supportive mama. I wish I could get you the rake in time. Maybe next year?

Two weeks and 6 days till I am in my love's arms By this time we'll have probably already...hmm. Better stop there b/c of TMI

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#122 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 PM

checking in, speedy drive by!

Love this time of year, so so so much. But I am SO busy!

Who all is on The Pagan Courses right now?

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#123 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
About 2C/35F here, but we're going up to 15C today ! Going to dig some carrots and clear away some leaves.

I bought a book on Feng Shui from the library book sale last night, and I am now full of plans to finish organizing my home. Funny how even unconsciously, my living spaces are already partly set up according to the baguas....but my front entryway outdoors needs some cleaning -- mostly drifts of dead leaves. And my Health area is centered on my pantry -- well, the application there is obvious! And the prosperity area, which is my back door, needs some work. I actually put a construction paper version the Chinese symbol for "prosperity is coming" on my back door ages ago -- I've always wondered why I put it *there*. But it is faded, needs replacing. And the junk by my back door needs clearing too. Another funny coincidence -- I found some glass crystals on red silk strings in the jewelry box when I searched out my stones. I now realize from this book that those are Feng Shui crystals with a particular application in improving the flow of chi -- and I don't even remember where/when I picked those up! It is time to rearrange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I tell you mamas this full moon has done wonders for me. I feel so calm and centered. I have made a few decisions for my life and I don't have my usual questioning self trying to talk me out of it. I think I am happy to be me. I feel more positive than I have in a long time.
For me, this moon is a motivator, even an irritant, not a particularly centering force. interesting that it is so different for you.

Quote:
Morning 63
My Bday is May 1 So, if my posts annoy you, you'll know why.
No, you, and the ladies on this thread, and probably the whole of MDC are far too self-aware and positive and generous of spirit to ever push that button for me.

Yay for the storm and for cleaning energy!

SunshineJ, have you been in touch with your landlord? That fireplace problem really made me

My clients called in sick today, but I have a sweet little boy snuggled up to me wearing his homemade "I love my mom!" shirt and making eyes at me. Better go pay attention to him!
#124 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in every sense of the word. I recently feel that I am being called toward Paganism, though I don't know where. I did find a few IRL resources in my area. Which is uncommon for me! Every time I look for any kind of group in my neighborhood, I can't ever find one. If I do, it's stopped coming together.

Well, there is a group that meets at the Starbucks once a month (and then I think again for the New and Full Moon, but that's not at $bux) and we only have ONE Starbucks in my town! I can't tell you how excited I am!

So for now I"ll probably just lurk But I wanted to say hi before I started that!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#125 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 PM

hey all, hugs and great big vibes and all that wonderfulness!

i'm thinking i'm probably going to be laying a bit low from now thru the end of the year... we've got a lot of really big family stuff coming up, and i just know i do my best when i'm an energy hog and keep it all to myself and my off-computer life.

i'll certainly pop on if a certain elfish thread re-activates, and i still want to do chakra camp with saphire if she's still in the mood... and i completely and totally reserve the right to take all of this back if things go much more smoothly than they might (or if i somehow develop super magical powers, lol)... no worries, though-- ultimately it's all wonderful, and shall be grand in the end! anyhow... just didnt want anyone thinking i'd stopped loving you all!

have a magical and healing and celebratory and new-start-giving and all that fantastic stuff yuletide season with much wassailing!

oh-- and, i will of course be here on the 17th for a certain "virtual" fete!
#126 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM

I love reading what you ladies have to say! You make me smile and laugh...especially after cleaning everything and then having him throw his clothes on the floor...story of my life! haha!

I missed what this online party is on the 17th...I will have to be able to read and write.

I have the computer today because there are some free seminars (this is a webinar) about running your own business. The one I am doing today is about using online tools (including social media and much more). I thought I could give it a try.

I need to get some cleaning done so I can feel like I am back in my own headspace again.

Chakra camp...sounds lovely!

I got the list of Yule card addresses. Now to get busy with the card making!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#127 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Are his legs ok? Hopefully the stiffness didn't come back. Happy homeschooling.
Legs are fine. Today was a fun learning day. We went to Higgins Armory and learned about knights/swords, etc. Roo was dressed up as a knight and his friend was a princess. They sure had fun together.
Oh yeah, I have to upload some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Well, there is a group that meets at the Starbucks once a month (and then I think again for the New and Full Moon, but that's not at $bux) and we only have ONE Starbucks in my town! I can't tell you how excited I am!
Welcome! Yay for the local group! Having a local group is a precious rarity. Hope it's a good fit for you!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#128 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Welcome Autumn! It seem a few of us showed up last month and well, they haven't been able to shake us loose yet

DOK, I found this on Penney's website. It's actually somewhat man tailored and red with black dots or a black floral AND the best is it's on clearance for $10! I don't know if the fabric contents are ok though, so I figured it'd be easier to just post the link: Robe

For whatever reason I've actually felt pretty good today. DH is sick and slept in DS's room, so I had DS snuggled with me all night, that may have been it. (LOVE DH but damn can that man saw logs and twist around at night!). I've actually been working on getting some mending caught up as well.

I haven't spoken to the landlord yet. He's a personal injury attorney (ironic, huh?) and insists on everything in writing. That just happened Tuesday, and I'll be dropping off the letter when I get the kids in a little while. Thankfully it's still hitting in the mid-40's, so it's not been too bad.
#129 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM

There's much benefit to things being in writing- still I hope he takes care of it asap!

I've started tons of little housecleaning projects today- now I just need to get off the computer and finish them.

My dad texted me that today would have been my grandma's 98th birthday. She's been gone for over 20 years, but in my childhood we developed a very special bond. I don't feel her presense often, but last Thursday I was sure she was with me. Anyways, just wanted to share that- I love my grammy!
#130 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 PM

Heyla and welcome to the thread Autumn!

Aweyn- big hugs. Maybe pick up some "smooth move" tea just for the sympathetic magic of the name? (wouldn't suggest drinking it necessarily, but maybe washing pictures/icons of potential "non smooth" people/events in the tea?)

weather- snowing now, expected accumulation of about an inch tonight. More snow tomorrow!

The girls are watching (and more to the point) enjoying Kiki's Delivery Service! w00t!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#131 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM

we've been having gloriously sunny cool weather here. just waiting for the rain to start and the gray to come back.

at work, things just keep getting worse. i just had a new person dumped on me to "help" with some projects. the problem is that i really don't like working with her (she used to work for me before and is back for a short time - my boss really really likes her). she's way too giddy and her laugh feels like nails on a blackboard. the worst part is that she really isn't very good at writing and proofreading, and that's what i need her to do. sigh. oh, and we're so hard up for space that she'll be working in my boss's office (when he's not there) 3 floors above me.

then i also found out that our <sarcasm> fabulous </sarcasm> governor has seen miserable state income (from income taxes) that he's axing another 10% of the university's budget. ouch. and his office doesn't understand how, in the middle of a hiring freeze, the university can actually be hiring people for grant-related activities. oy. maybe it's time to move to private edu.

well, this weekend, i think i need to do something with the garden and getting it ready for winter. anyone have any good ritual ideas for that purpose? i like the idea of burning stuff in the spring (did i read that here or in the kitchen witch thread?), so i might just make a huge pile of stuff in a burnable spot. i have to train dh that the ashes can actually go in the compost, not in the forest.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#132 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
DOK, I found this on Penney's website.
Thanks. Too bad the regular store doesn't have it. I need to avoid shipping charges. Actually, the robe is going to have to wait until his birthday. I can't spend any money right now.

#133 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in every sense of the word.

Well met, Autumn! Just jump right in where you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
oh-- and, i will of course be here on the 17th for a certain "virtual" fete!
Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I missed what this online party is on the 17th...I will have to be able to read and write.
That would be my virtual birthday party, singin'. I'm turning 50
I have clinical that day, and won't be done till 2:00, but I'll be home shortly after.
Anyone want to help plan? Where shall we have it? It's only 12 days away!
I can tell you what I'm wearing. I bought a new bra at Victoria's Secret today (guess what for? ) and a pair of underpants (which I never wear, but I'm going to the day I travel!).
I will wear my new underthings, plus a long black gown that's low-cut in the front. Perhaps like this, only black: http://www.onlygowns.com/dresses/bea...-gown-1499.asp or maybe just a cocktail dress, like this http://www.onlygowns.com/dresses/sho...skirt-1089.asp in black, of course.

I don't know how to make links that just say "here" or whatever-- sorry for posting the whole URL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Maybe pick up some "smooth move" tea just for the sympathetic magic of the name? (wouldn't suggest drinking it necessarily, but maybe washing pictures/icons of potential "non smooth" people/events in the tea?)
Ew, egads, do not drink that stuff. It really does "move", and in a big way. I took some that was really old about half a year ago, and I was up with paroxysmal stomach cramps and diarrhea at 4am that just would not quit. It hurt, and I was up for at least a half hour. Yikes!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#134 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 PM

Maia- I'm turning 35 on the 20th. For some reason, 35 "feel" old. Actually, it feels older than, say, 36. I'm not sure why. I got some nail gloss and I'm planning a hair cut (a "long bob") for the weekend. This is the longest my hair has been in roughly 15 years so it's kind of fun.

A question- anyone have favorite pagan flavored children's books? For the preschool set... I've got tons of great ideas for the slightly older kiddo, but dd1 still gets freaked out by any story that has...well....plot. When asked to tell her ideal story it's generally "a pony running in a field of flowers". When you ask "then what?" her response is "no, that's all! just playing in the flowers!" and a story that has any sort of dramatic tension or plot device leaves her crying. She can't even make it through the majority of Wonderpet episodes and she was scared silly of Swiper for a loooooong time. (which is why the acceptance of Kiki is simply shocking!).

But anyway... anyone have favorite itty bitty kiddie books that have a pagan flavor?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#135 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Gah, I accidentally did something to make mdc eat my post *sigh*

Welcome to our friendly little group newcomers Make yourselves right at home!

Maia you KNOW I'll be here for your virtual party.. I'll figure out some yummy snacks to 'make' and of course there will be drinks, both alco and non and I'm assuming we shall all 'dress' for this party? so I best get 'shopping' as well!

DOK Hope you have a lovely day hun.. has Frodo's letter arrived yet?? If not, shouldn't be long so keep an eye on the post

Last night was just spectacular.. we had the most intense thunderstorms I've seen in a LONG TIME. Hubby & I couldn't resist hanging out ont he veranda with a cuppa watching the lightning.. we're talking every 2 seconds at the longest between flashes/bolts. THere were some bolts that just watching them you KNEW something just got nailed! and one was so close it was this brilliant purple.. the whole sky near us glowed.. that was the one that sent us back indoors lol. I love when Mother Nature is feeling like a showoff

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#136 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

DOK Hope you have a lovely day hun.. has Frodo's letter arrived yet?? If not, shouldn't be long so keep an eye on the post
No, it hasn't arrived yet. I've been expecting some really important mail that hasn't showed up and I'm wondering if the #!$#^%* post office/mail carriers are messing up once again.

#137 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
:
Ew, egads, do not drink that stuff. It really does "move", and in a big way. I took some that was really old about half a year ago, and I was up with paroxysmal stomach cramps and diarrhea at 4am that just would not quit. It hurt, and I was up for at least a half hour. Yikes!
hehehe stop practicing your terminology! lol nice one

Quote:
Maia- I'm turning 35 on the 20th. For some reason, 35 "feel" old. Actually, it feels older than, say, 36. I'm not sure why. I got some nail gloss and I'm planning a hair cut (a "long bob") for the weekend. This is the longest my hair has been in roughly 15 years so it's kind of fun.
I hear ya on the hair.. Mine hasn't been this long in... EVER! I seriously think this is the longest it's ever been When it's down, in the back it just brushes my bra strap. Time to start searching out someone to do mah dreadies!

Quote:
A question- anyone have favorite pagan flavored children's books? For the preschool set... I've got tons of great ideas for the slightly older kiddo, but dd1 still gets freaked out by any story that has...well....plot. When asked to tell her ideal story it's generally "a pony running in a field of flowers".
LOL That's just comical I don't have a lot to suggest except that you possibly check out sigs as I know at least one has some that I drool over regularly hehehe

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#138 of 641 Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
No, it hasn't arrived yet. I've been expecting some really important mail that hasn't showed up and I'm wondering if the #!$#^%* post office/mail carriers are messing up once again.
darn.. was just asking because it *usually* takes about a week for a letter to make the trip (although dh sent one when we were dating that took 3 weeks ) Hopefully it turns up soon!

And now hopefully I haven't posted at the same time as anyone else!

#139 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
How are you? Hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Going to dig some carrots and clear away some leaves.

For me, this moon is a motivator, even an irritant, not a particularly centering force. interesting that it is so different for you.
Yum on the carrots. You know the centering, calm I feel might have something to do with the fact that I am turning 44 in about a month,and am just feeling good in my skin?? Just saying 44 is,

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Hi, welcome!

Quote:

weather- snowing now, expected accumulation of about an inch tonight. More snow tomorrow!
Same here.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#140 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:

But anyway... anyone have favorite itty bitty kiddie books that have a pagan flavor?
I'm partial to the Lynn Plourde? books - Wild Child, Summer Vacation, Winter Waits and Spring... (we don't have the last two yet). not much plot really... lots of beautiful pictures.

they're a bit on the girly side so they aren't favorites of ds (though he is finally interested in princess stories - anything besides stories that involve blasting is a nice change imo)

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#141 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 AM

Another newbie here! I have never found this on MDC before...

though i'll likely lurk (ok - maybe not) i wanted to at least say HI!

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#142 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Welcome Kris! Hope you do more than lurk!

#143 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 AM

Morning Ladies! After a busy week, we are staying put for most of the day. Tomorrow we visit the local animal rescue to see a companion for Britta. Her name is BrinLeigh, but if it works out, we will call her Brin. Britta really needs a friend.

The cranberry talk got me craving them, so I hope to pick some up when I go to the co-op later tonight.

We are planning to begin Christmas presents today. Grandpa is getting a recipe box, complete with the kids favorite recipes. This was all their idea and my Dad will love it.

Ok, need to catch up with this thread! Sending light and blessings your way~

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#144 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 View Post

though i'll likely lurk (ok - maybe not) i wanted to at least say HI!
Hi and welcome!

Morning mamas. Cold here today. but the worst part is the wind. I might have to take my chimes down. Tonight I am taking my DD's and 2 of their friends to the movies. Paranormal Activity. I know they are all going to end up sleeping in my room!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#145 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Hello and welcome, Autumn Breeze and Kjoslyn

Maiasaura, those gowns are HOT!

redveg, hope you enjoy the movie

Can't write more at the moment; hope everyone has a frabjous day!
#146 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM
gun

Just a quick minute to stop by and say HI!!! We are climbing the walls with 2yr molars on the way. (I think DH is getting his 2yr molars too )

Not much other is happening here lately. Just still bogged down in the quagmire that was my MIL's home. But the dog and I are bonding and I really like her!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

BTW - I am coming to the birthday party!

AND - I got the addy list! TY! Better get my stamps in order!

Peace- Heather
#147 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM

Tor has a cold. He sneezes and yellow snot goes everywhere! I took dd2 and ds to the science center yesterday and it's always a plague hot spot but we washed hands, used the purell units, and were really on top of things. But ds is gunky and I have a sore throat. Dd2 is fine though!

Welcome kris!

#148 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 View Post

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#149 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Welcome Autumn Breeze and KJoslyn!

Maia - Birthday party! Woohoo! Those dresses are gorgeous!

Clay - I hope Tor feels better soon!

So today I meet with a woman and I may be her doula, as long as I can find a backup who is around for the holidays...always a tough one!

This weekend we have a Rememberance Day parade and helping the Legion with the poppies. Should be a busy weekend but at least I sleep in my bed!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#150 of 641 Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

It's freezing this morning - i think we may have to have the heat turned on soon

My oldest is home again from school... and as much as I'd love to make her some soothing herbal tea, I'll need to wait till we can run to the store for some jug water, as the water here is turned off for most of the day for repairs.

It's only the 6th, but this month always seems to fly!!

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page