November Pagan Family Circle - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well.

Today is the first day on my own since baby and I have come home. DH went back to work today after his baby leave is up. The morning was rough. I feel bad. I was yelling at the older 3 kids and banned them to the back room (kids room with a tv and cable box with tons of toys). Baby is finally sleeping and in her swing now. She was wanting in arms only all morning. I felt really postpartum blue all of a sudden. I could tell that I was getting it. But didn't realize that I was getting it. I wish my hubby could have a half day today, but that isn't likely. Lol. Please light a candle for me. I could really use it for the next few months.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#242 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
Please light a candle for me. I could really use it for the next few months.
I'm so sorry you are dealing with ppd. Can you get meds/therapy for it?

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#243 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 PM

southernmommie
#244 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 07:27 PM

southern -

peacelove - yeah people forget how to behave sometimes. maybe you should have turned around and say "Oh - then you must be planning to give it as a gift then - how nice of you"

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#245 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 PM

SouthernMommie- *hugs*, and I am lighting a candle for you! I had awful ppd after my oldest was born, pretty bad after Erin was born.

Aweyn- thinking of you! *hugs*

Sorry I missed anyone- it has been one of those days.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#246 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Sure thing!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#247 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 10:35 PM

southernmommie - definately lighting a candle for you!

Since we are still down to one computer, I don't have the opportunity to get on at the moment...so I am popping in when I can to say hello.

I did more bloodwork today, my beta is 15 (level of pregnancy hormone). We need it to go to zero so hopefully next week. Had the doctor whisper to the resident about me right in front of my face. Ugh. I asked her to repeat herself and she was taken back (what? me interested in my own health? no...lol)

Ah, what a day. I am however attending a webinar tomorrow on how to promote your business online. Can't wait to see what they have this week! Loving the free part of that seminar

to all!!!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#248 of 641 Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
Ah, what a day. I am however attending a webinar tomorrow on how to promote your business online. Can't wait to see what they have this week! Loving the free part of that seminar
Ooh, you just reminded me to finally take part in one of the business chats. I've been so busy, I haven't done it in ages.

#249 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Busy day today. Bil has h1n1, sis has infant twins - no other family in town - yikes! I took some food over, ran some errands for them and am clearing my slate to help out if sis gets sick.

My family and I are fine, but I was having vertigo all day, remembering stories my grandma tells -- she was 5 in 1918 in a little prairie coal mining town that was hit very hard by the Spanish Flu. She remembers being made to wear masks, her mom taking pots of soup to leave on the doorsteps of sick friends and then changing clothes before she was allowed to see her, etc. Hope this season doesn't evolve to the point that *my* five-yr-old is telling stories about it in - gah! -- 2099.... ...yeah, in 2099, he'll be the same age my Grandma is now....

for southernmommie. You can do this.

get-well for BellaLuna, that you feel better so you can keep on moving forward

for aweyn. You know, m'dear, I have the strong feeling that there are good and true irl friends coming into your life that you haven't even met yet.

Boy those rings are pretty! I have put my own engagement/wedding rings away for a while -- my dh gave me a plain band with the names of my children engraved on the inside to wear during pregnancy and during my bread-kneading years. My momring. I'd love to surprise Dh with an updated set sometime, just to do turnabout.
#250 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Going to B&N today to see if they will host a weekly homeschooling story/activity day. I want it geared towards 6-9 yr olds.

After that, I think we'll go to a local organic farm. Want to do something outside (supposed to be beautiful weather) that is educational.

Oh! I think I want to name my homeschool but the name I wanted is taken by so many other things. So I need help coming up with something else.
I'm sure B&N will be happy to host something... they soon get to recognize the homeschooling parents that are forever in there buying books They know good customers when they see us! The farm sounds lovely... I think there is one or two locally that do activities for community and they're lots of fun I can't help with the hs name.. ours is terribly unimaginative (bellbird college... bellbird was part of our suburb and lots or private schools are called colleges here). I need to rename us actually, since we moved and are no longer in said suburb lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Cari- My son writes on walls, furniture, his body... And it's so maddening!
Btw, we'll be mailing the letter today.
How about you and I also be pen pals? I know we chat on here but the more personal stuff can be written the old fashioned way.
I'm terribly shocking about writing, but I'd love to give it a shot! I wish lucas would just draw or write it on himself I can soak/scrub that off in the bath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Wow we're 10 years in January.
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm about halfway through designing/writing a preK-K pagan based HS curriculum! My SIL loves Grey's School (she's an adult, obviously ) but it does seem like a great resource for the tween/teen. My plan is to finish the preK and K curriculums, then do a first, second, third, fourth, and fifth grade version as well. I'm having a blast but it's going a lot slower than planned. Wonder why?
First, your engagement story is too sweet! Love that ring site.. am drooling thru the pages now Now... hop to woman! You're gonna get em finished right about the time I run out of elementary students LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
[/I], and frankly, i'm a tad more than a little bit sick of having "friends" who do this..... <sniff>
I don't have very many 'in person' friends so I know how sad it is to lose one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Sorry I am being so whiny, I always turn into a baby when I am sick.
Ew! Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove View Post
Wow, for such a sporadic poster, I've been posting a lot lately!
Hehehe yeah that happens on here As for rude person at the shop NICE social skills lady... that is the definition of unsocialized to me.

Quote:
Today is the first day on my own since baby and I have come home. DH went back to work today after his baby leave is up. The morning was rough. I feel bad. I was yelling at the older 3 kids and banned them to the back room (kids room with a tv and cable box with tons of toys).
It will get easier and you won't always be a grouchy bum You'll find your groove & routine and your days will seem much easier. Hang in there will think good, calming thoughts for you mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

peacelove - yeah people forget how to behave sometimes. maybe you should have turned around and say "Oh - then you must be planning to give it as a gift then - how nice of you"
YEAH THAT! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I did more bloodwork today, my beta is 15 (level of pregnancy hormone). We need it to go to zero so hopefully next week. Had the doctor whisper to the resident about me right in front of my face. Ugh. I asked her to repeat herself and she was taken back (what? me interested in my own health? no...lol)
to all!!!
WOW how rude! If anyone has the right to hear what is going on in that case its YOU not some damn resident That is a huge HUGE pet peeve of mine!

My plans for the afternoon are out the window lol. We left the house at 830am, dropped kiddo off at kindy then hit the bakery for a nice morning tea. We had a Bunnings (like home depot) kids diy class with a local homeschool group at 1130, before that we went to another bunnings (that is like 3minutes away from the one our class was at lol) and picked up a few little house plants, and a garden bed kit taht I wanted but no other stores had.

The kids played in their puny playground for a few then we decided to go to the class early. Good thing we did, because that store had an epic playcenter hehehe. They hung out in there till class time then we built little treasure boxes. OH my, was the project not so well thought out lol. In the end we made it work.. hot glue gun to the rescue! Really, elementary kids are supposed to be able to hammer two 1/4inch thick peices of wood together at a right angle, with nothing to support the other edge? Heck the parents couldn't do it! lol So we hot glued the boxes together THEN let the kids hammer & nail them for extra stay-together-ability

THen it was back to the playcenter for the whole gang of kids.. and to the cafe right next door for the mums to chat I do know some of the ladies, but hadn't seen most of them for ages due to my trip and ridiculous string of illnesses. So it was nice to chat for a bit. We got home around 230pm lol.. schoolwork? I think nawt *splat* I informed hubby it was fish n chips night

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#251 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM

whew....what a week. Whole family ended up coming down with the flu (dont know which one, and really dont care) and then got colds on the tail end of it. DH caught it last and is still a bit under the weather but the kids and I have bounced back.

I had lots of things I wanted to comment on, but I think I will have to try and catch up on personals some other post....or just wait a couple days and do new ones

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#252 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 AM

We finally got SNOW

Mondays done. I just have Thursday and Friday to go at work and I'm done - for a while. I'm beginning maternity leave next week. Luckily I'm not really even in my office much and can work flexible hours. As an emergency planner I'm observing flu vaccination clinics I helped plan for the local school district (totally voluntary, but free and during school hours so parents don't need to take time off work for those that opt-in). They've prepped the kids so well about "cover your cough" I feel better about being around boogery little kids in schools than around adults in the grocery store. Never thought I'd say that.

Babe is riding so I my ribs have increased a couple of inches and none of my bras fit. Ugh! With DS - he dropped at 6 weeks before he was born. I'm not sure which is easier. At least I'm not having all of the prodromal labor with this little one.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#253 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 AM

I saw that you're wondering on a homeschool name DoK. For a very long time we went with a translation of the name we had chosen: sounded cool and looked good. I posted our name on TaO and asked for translation - it worked very well since people from everywhere comes to MDC. Soon, our simple "Faeries' Path Academy" became "Alvestien Academy" (Norvegian).

I'm using the Faeries' Path name for DD2 preschool/K but DS wanted something new for his Middle/High School so his school name is "Académie ISF". ISF standing for Instruction Sans Frontière (instruction without border).

Just when I thought it was over with CP, DD2 came up with more blisters. Still stuck at home and it looks like I'm going to miss a fun reunion on Saturday.

Valérie   
#254 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I saw that you're wondering on a homeschool name DoK. For a very long time we went with a translation of the name we had chosen: sounded cool and looked good.
What an interesting idea! (I originally wanted the name: Hearth and Home.)

#255 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 AM

thanks for all the hugs, lovelies. i got a jolt of saturn in my libra this morning and put my foot down, in a manner of speaking. that felt really good... i just hope i dont "regret" it later. i'm not typically the speaking up for myself sort....

southern~hugs, momma. tapping is really helpful for pp issues....

hugs and healing vibes to all the sickies... dh has the flu, but i think ds and i had it in august, so knock on wood... although i'm not feeling great, but um, there's a lot of stress going about right now in our lives, and i never feel great when that's the case...

Aub~ please dont say things like "in 2099"... i'm freaking out enough about 2010!

~~~~~~
ok, count down to our virtual fete... one week from today! it's going to be at the biltmore.... so you can start planning your outfits accordingly.....
#256 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM

We are still all sick here with what i am now assuming is the flu. the plus side is i think most of us re getting better - rather then sicker at this point.

So many posts - hopefully i can catch up before there is too many more - LOL

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#257 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i know i have no right to ask this, having not been here and saying i wont be, but i really really need some hugs. really really. that whole saturn in libra thing shaking up friendships is really getting to me, and i think i'm about to lose yet another friend, and i do not understand why, and i dont think i'm going to get to understand why, and frankly, i'm a tad more than a little bit sick of having "friends" who do this..... <sniff>

Quote:
Done.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#258 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Clay, love the engagement story, what a wonderful memory. I LOVE the Celtic rings.

My DH asked me to marry him while we were just relaxing in bed on Sunday morning. On the 30th of this month we will be married for 19yrs. together for 20 on the 1st of January.

Today is a warm beautiful day. It is a bit overcast, but I have the windows open.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#259 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM

just read in the local paper that a cat has tested positive for H1N1. the only case listed in Iowa. wierd.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#260 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
just read in the local paper that a cat has tested positive for H1N1. the only case listed in Iowa. wierd.
I'm not sure why i find this funny. But it made me giggle a little bit.

So, I found a lot of people in my area who were looking for groups, and some groups that claim they meet (but their calenders were empty). I hope I get some e-mails back!!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#261 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 01:54 PM

Poor sick kitty. I think it's possible I had the h1n1, but didn't want to bother with testing when I felt bad. I just quarantined myself instead.

southernmommie-

It's really sweet to hear all the engagement love stories

I've got 2 extra kiddos today- I may be worn out by dinnertime!
#262 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 PM

I had a post... but now it's gone! Sigh.

/slaps head
/missing mIRC (#startrek honed my typing abilities... try typing "inverse tachyon pulse re-stabilizing the dilithium converter" ten times at the speed of speech)

Hugs and hang in there Southern. My new baby mantra is "three months, three months, three months!" I forget who said this, but it was an mdc mama after dd2 arrived and I was falling apart. Basically that the first 8-12 weeks are a no-hold-barred period that you just have to get through the best you can. But that around 3 months pp things have settled into a new normal and everyone has sort of found their groove in the new family structure. So hang in there!

Aweyn- I'm pretty bad at figuring out real world friendships. I hope things work out for you.

Peace- I'm sorry she was so rude! There are a number of "items thrown in a pile" sales here and people often tell other's the size of garments to be helpful, but I'm guessing her tone wasn't so nice. And I can never think of snappy comebacks either!

Health- DD1 crashed during the night with really nasty chesty gunky coughs. At the same time Tor's sniffles turned into full on snot so he was miserable, snarfing and urping. I was up all night and am exhausted. We just got home from the dr (our regular drs) and dd1 is "probably fine, watch for pneumonia), dd2 is "please take her to a developmental ped", and Tor is "fine and huge". And they mean it... at three months he is 17 lbs! Hats off to breastcream!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#263 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM

Clay- Hoping the littles get better very soon. Hope you all get some great sleep tonight.

#264 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
So, I found a lot of people in my area who were looking for groups, and some groups that claim they meet (but their calenders were empty). I hope I get some e-mails back!!!
I'm meeting someone this weekend!!

#265 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Cari- My son wants to thank you... In person.

#266 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Stopping in for a minute.

*hugs* to all that need it

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#267 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 PM

Autumn- what fun!

My MIL just sent me a birthday gift (gift card) and I now have the delicious job of selecting a gift from Amazon. Part of me wants to use it to get holiday gifts for people, but I think I'm going to be "selfish" and actually get something for myself! The thought is almost intoxicating. Of course I'm limited to amazon, but that isn't such a huge limit.

Hmmmmm....

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#268 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM

I wish i remembered more of mIRC, but I lost a lot of that when I had my seizure. I spent most of my time on one of the lesser servers, common or something similar #twistedbladeinn which from what I hear has made its way into WoW or was it one of the other popular games, the guy that ran most of the rpgs there was a programmer so I guess he has moved up in the world. I can't even remember the name of the "bot" we used for our dice rolls... oh well, least I was able to remember my own name after my seizure

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#269 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM

NPR did a story on H1H1 and pets and apparently, they've found it in cats and ferrets so far. It's not so weird when you think about it. They call it "swine" flu for a reason.

It is DoK's fault that I haven't been around. I've got about 100 pages to go in Elfland and I can't stop reading. It's more soap opera-y than I usually like but the themes are so much fun.

And we're all in recovery from something icky. It amazing how much snot a human body can produce.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#270 of 641 Old 11-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post

It is DoK's fault that I haven't been around. I've got about 100 pages to go in Elfland and I can't stop reading.
Oops, I haven't had time to read. I'm still only a few chapters into it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page