Traditional Catholic Mamas -Winter 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 208 Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm off to the Boston CAtholic Women's conference, a bit late but better than not at all! I can't wait!

Cardinal O'Malley is offering mass, I hope I get to meet him, maybe even get a blessing for me and the bambino. So glad I didn't go into labor yet so I can go!! woohoo!Even the foot of snow we got last night can't keep me home!

Catherinepraying.gif traditional Catholic mama to bikenew.gifjammin.gifdiaper.gif wife to an amazing man.selectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

#182 of 208 Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
bump

Hope you're all doing well. My Lent is going okay. Spending most of my time taking care of my new chicks
We just got chicks too! How many do you have? We got 16, four will be for meat, at least that's the plan, we'll see if that happens!

Lent is going as well as Lent could! We did get a date set for our marriage convalidation, April 6, a little bummed we had to wait until after Lent, but, that is how it goes, as they say.

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#183 of 208 Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple life View Post
We just got chicks too! How many do you have? We got 16, four will be for meat, at least that's the plan, we'll see if that happens!

Lent is going as well as Lent could! We did get a date set for our marriage convalidation, April 6, a little bummed we had to wait until after Lent, but, that is how it goes, as they say.
We have 15 cornish roasters for meat, 5 buff orpingtons and 5 black giants for eggs, and we got a free white crested black polish. They're three weeks old now, the kids think it's awesome!

April 6 is my wedding anniversary! (9 years!)
#184 of 208 Old 03-01-2010, 04:28 PM

That's cool, on all accounts . We have been civially married for almost 4 years, so we are very, very excited to have this all be final and legit with the Church, it has been a long road. I guess we'll end up with two annivesaries!

Paul just LOVES the birds. He wants to hold them all the time and feed them and water them and share his toys with them!

We aren't totally sure of their ages. The Rhode Islands are older and pretty feathered, have tail feathers, wing feathers and are starting on some feathers on their bodies. The others are all about the same age, and have just started getting wing feathers. This is our first time with Chickens, so all new!

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#185 of 208 Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 AM

:bump

Trying to keep the thread on the first page.

Lent is going pretty well so far, though I am not doing as well in my resolutions as I had wanted... trying to say a rosary everyday.... I tend to leave it till night and then fall asleep while praying.... but I keep trying.

My 8 year old was actually disapointed that we didn't go to stations this evening. the newly turned 7 year old was quite relieved though.. :P

C wife to J, Mom to B, C and Jjumpers.gif Iblahblah.gif, and Pbabyf.gif

#186 of 208 Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 AM

It's our first time with chickens, too! We ordered them as day old chicks from Murray McMurray hatchery.

Ofwait, I do the same thing. It's so hard to do it during the day with the kids and by night time I'm exhausted and I usually end up falling asleep on the couch!

My sister in law and her husband are being brought into the Church at Easter Vigil, so we're going to drive out to Ohio to be there. I'm very excited!
#187 of 208 Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Oh and it sounds like your chickens are probably about 2 weeks old
#188 of 208 Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the bump, Ofwait! I'm struggling a little with the Lenten resolutions as well. We picked some fasting guidelines and being pregnant there were a couple days I just couldn't do it. It is the first year we've done Lent this way though and I think I really like it.

Julie - I never congratulated you on getting a date for your convalidation! Woohoo! That is huge and I'm so excited for you!!!

And all you chica's with chicken - I'm so jealous!! Some day I hope..

I'm trying to think if I have any news.. not so much. DH is being really awesome about researching the Catholic Church and I really think he could be a hair from converting. We really like the priest at the Byzantine Catholic church we've been attending and its been a good influence so thats exciting. It's always cool to meet a great priest.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#189 of 208 Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM

I am seldom here these days but wanted to say hi, anyway.

TBH, the news of the method of fundraising on this site make me seriously consider leaving, for the first time. I am just no longer sure that it is ok for me to belong here.

Simple life... We were married at a ICK chapel and I MISS it so much. We have since moved to Europe and have only one parish in this city. The nearest "Latin" Mass is 2,5 hours from us, once a month, and we don't have the money to go there. Thus, we are enjoying the friends we have made at the local parish, but the Mass has abuses, which we are now not able to escape.

Now sure what to say... Just feel that it is important to know that there are others out there, who are also Catholics trying to take their faith seriously.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#190 of 208 Old 03-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anumaria View Post

TBH, the news of the method of fundraising on this site make me seriously consider leaving, for the first time. I am just no longer sure that it is ok for me to belong here.
??? Care to elaborate?

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
#191 of 208 Old 03-11-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Anumaria - ltns! I had the same feelings the other day when I saw the new forum I just don't know.. Sorry you're stuck at a Mass with abuses. That is really really hard to deal with. We started going to an Eastern Catholic Church in our "off weeks" from TLM and I have to say we really love it. Not that it is necessarily an option for you.

Charbeau - I'm sure we're not allowed to say much about it. There is a recent forum addition for something that is prohibited by our religion.

#192 of 208 Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post

Charbeau - I'm sure we're not allowed to say much about it. There is a recent forum addition for something that is prohibited by our religion.
I've been so sporadically checking in, just checking my user CP for threads I've subbed to lately - so busy with the littles and my new baby that I don't have much time for internet forums. I'll look around a little and see if I can find it.

Thanks for the heads up.

#193 of 208 Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

If it is not obvious to everyone it might as well be said. There is a new forum under Spirituality called Ask-An-Intuitive. It is a pay-to-post forum to raise funds for Mothering.

Guiding your life by superstition or lucky charms, practicing divination or spiritualism are examples of mortal sins against the First Commandment.

#194 of 208 Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
If it is not obvious to everyone it might as well be said. There is a new forum under Spirituality called Ask-An-Intuitive. It is a pay-to-post forum to raise funds for Mothering.

Guiding your life by superstition or lucky charms, practicing divination or spiritualism are examples of mortal sins against the First Commandment.
Yes, I figured it out after I posted last. Thanks!

#195 of 208 Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Yeah, I saw that. Though there are other forums I think are even more objectional as a Catholic, but I don't think there's anything we can do. It is a big reason why I choose not be a paying member, though.

I've never been to a TLM, though dh and I want to go. There's a parish an hour away that's started offering it once a month, so we're hoping to do that.

XM, good luck with your dh!! That would be so awesome if he converted
#196 of 208 Old 03-13-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Oh and it sounds like your chickens are probably about 2 weeks old
Thanks! I was thinking that. The crnish crosses have now become the biggest! Thet are huge!

#197 of 208 Old 03-13-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anumaria View Post
I am seldom here these days but wanted to say hi, anyway.

Simple life... We were married at a ICK chapel and I MISS it so much. We have since moved to Europe and have only one parish in this city. The nearest "Latin" Mass is 2,5 hours from us, once a month, and we don't have the money to go there. Thus, we are enjoying the friends we have made at the local parish, but the Mass has abuses, which we are now not able to escape.

Now sure what to say... Just feel that it is important to know that there are others out there, who are also Catholics trying to take their faith seriously.
Do you mind me asking where your ICK chapel was? We are in KC (the church is, we are far from there!), but I've been to the ICK church in Wausau, the Old Log Cabin church in Cahokia and hope soon to see St. Franses de Sales in St. Louis.

Sorry you have to attend a Mass with abuses. Our local one isn't pleasant, but at least there are no real abuses.

Julie

#198 of 208 Old 03-13-2010, 05:22 AM

simple life... It was in Green Bay, WI. The priest who witnesses our marriage is now back there... Miss him and the Mass. Luckily the abuses here are such that our 5 y.o. does not yet understand they take place. I have seen worse, but this time we cannot escape.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#199 of 208 Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Hope you all are doing well and having a fruitful Lent
#200 of 208 Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm a long time lurker of the mdc forums (mostly the vax forum) I'm a traditional Catholic who splits my time between a nearby Byzantine church and an independent traditional Catholic chapel.

I've been married for 9.5 years and have 4 children with another due in early October. They are ds 8.5, dd 7, dd 5, ds 2.

I hope to be able to post on this sig, at least occasionally.

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry

#201 of 208 Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 AM

Hi and welcome Elthelpea! I'm also due in October, you should join us in the October ddc
#202 of 208 Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM

Hi CherryBomb. I see you are 11 weeks, so am I! How many children is this for you.

I'll take a look around the Oct ddc. I've entrusted this pregnancy to Saint Jude, whom I entrust EVERYTHING too (I even have a little Jude), Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Francis de Sales. I'm due anytime October 3-9. So we pretty much have our names picked out - either Therese (Saint Therese's feast is October 3) or Francis (feast day October 4). I love naming babies.

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

#203 of 208 Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 PM

Hopefully it will be our 4th living (we lost the last two babies, one was ectopic at 5 weeks and the other unexplained 16 week loss). So St. Gerard is my go to for this pregnancy!
#204 of 208 Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your losses. I've had two m/c as well...the last one being around last Thanksgiving.

Saint Gerard is wise choice! My sister had a difficult pregnancy and we were asking for his intercession for her and her baby.

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

#205 of 208 Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelpea View Post
Hi ladies,
I'm a long time lurker of the mdc forums (mostly the vax forum) I'm a traditional Catholic who splits my time between a nearby Byzantine church and an independent traditional Catholic chapel.
Hey there! I'm just coming back from vacation and checking in. We do the same thing right now - Byzantine Catholic and SSPX. Welcome!

Soo mamas - hope your Lent is going well. I don't feel like I'm doing very well this year. I'm starving and exhausted and still feel very self-centered. Hopefully I can get it together in the next week and a half, I guess.

#206 of 208 Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelpea View Post
and an independent traditional Catholic chapel.

Fr. Carley perhaps?

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#207 of 208 Old 03-29-2010, 01:51 PM

That's him.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I have been spending most of my time at the closer Byzantine church due to the cramped quarters of the chapel and utter lack of cryroom. My older two are taking catechism there so my husband takes them and I take the younger two with me.

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

#208 of 208 Old 04-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I started a new thread for spring http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post15251518

Heidi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page