December Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi BurtsGirl and welcome back! I mostly lurked (still do, really), but recognize you!

I"m cracking up at the bra talk. I've been wearing these too-small to begin with, but were in my budget at the time target nursing tanks for some 21 months now and they need replaced. Yeah I need some nice $$-y bras too.

Can I ask a general question? For those of you who are in relationships (or have been in one), how close are you in your spiritual beliefs and how important is that to you? Additionally, if you're with someone who's very different, how's that going? It's so important to me that I'd be with someone who's at least on some levels compatible with my beliefs, but the change DH has taken leaves us on two paths that are certainly separating more than converging. In many ways he's still an excellent spouse, but this belief divergence is really really difficult.

signature currently in transition
#62 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Burtsgirl- You have been missed!! Glad you are back- I missed your talk about creating table centerpieces, meals and well, just hearing from you!

Teeny- dh and I have similar paths and he has always been willing to explore new areas, as he didn't have any specific beliefs.
Does dh share your reverence for nature? Many of my Christian friends share similar beliefs about nature, and giving thanks for our wonderful world.
Is there any common ground? I would work from there. *hugs* I imagine this is very hard.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#63 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Maia - I am impressed that your mom took DS that long!! I am happy that your trip was so wonderful!!
Actually, gun, she hasn't taken him yet. I had friends and my housemate take care of DS the first trip. They were like $200 all told-- and that was cheap! Down from an original quote of $500
Mom is taking DS the next time-- I fly out Dec.26th and come back Dec.30th, all from my mom's. We're driving to her house on the 23rd for Christmas, then I fly to Boston, then come back to Mom's, then drive home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Maia- YAY! I'm so glad you had fun, and that things seem even more solid now. Congrats!
Solid...omgs. Srsly solid. MORE solid I can't wait to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
But then he pulled into the driveway with a new(er) van for me, saying "Happy 20th Anniversary!" and that he didn't want to leave us with our 20 year old 5-passenger vehicle that is not really big enough in the back seat for three growing kids or even roadworthy anymore.
Wow, huh? That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Aw, don't hold back - tell us how you really feel! LOL! It's great to see you so happy!
I am so, SO happy I never thought I could feel this way, ever, ever again. I am so truly blessed and lucky. I'm not holding back I love him, omgs, we are so in love, mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFriend View Post
{{Maia!!}} I know, I got so behind I missed all of November! I am SOO happy for you dear. You have been on my mind and heart alot even tho I've seemed absent from the Circle here. I really need to PM you, we have some cool events in our lives common!
Aww, thanks, Raven. I feel a connection to you, too. Always have. How's it going with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Maia, so glad to hear you had such a great time!
Thanks! I like your Adventure Pagan description I'm kind of like that, too.
BTW, welcome and well met, semper! I'm kind of kitchen-witchy-- when I'm not a student, that is *sigh* and I practice by myself, except for this wonderful circle of mamas. I'm a practical Witch. I believe you really only need a finger and intent to cast circle, but I do love high pagentry when someone else is creating it. After all, I did grow up Episcopalian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Cari- A new bra would be one of my first splurges, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
having D's in demi cups just doesn't work!!! And I couldn't survive w/o some kind of bra!!!
Yeah, that. I recently went to Victoria's Secret to get some new ones for my trip and they have very little in my size-- 40D. You betcha D's don't work in demi-cups, yowsa. But they had a full coverage one that made me look awesome! I went back for a second one, even. I've got one in black and one in...oh, who knows what they call off-white these days; I think it's "champagne". They were uber-expensive (for me), $42 each before tax, but they are very well made and they fit incredibly well. AND, for some reason, they seem to make my waist look smaller

Oh hey-- DS said he can tell I've lost weight because his arms fit easily around me now, where they didn't even meet, before Please tell me it's weight loss on my part, and not growth on his

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Hi everyone. It's been almost a year since I posted to this thread but I'm making a come back.
Hey, welcome back, Rach!! Has it really been that long???

Mamas-- here is a weird thing. M has been divorced from his ex for 10 years now. They're friends and she lives 1/2 hour away from him with their 29yo dd.
They knew I'd be up there for Thanksgiving. They had invited M over before they knew I'd be up there, and he told them no, and told them why. Discreetly as he could, w/o being, well, over the top. Then when I was there, his dd kept calling him and pestering him about coming over, bringing me, she's making mashed potatoes, whatever. He said no. Because it was inappropriate, and he and I both agreed about that.
She and I had even talked on the phone, though, before that, and it was a nice phone call. She has a DS a year younger than mine.
SO...fast fwd to last night.
His dd is Facebook friends with him. She and I are NOT fb friends. His ex and he are not FB friends.
BUT. Someone had posted to his page a cute silly thing about the photo he posted of the two of us, about my hands on him "Do I need to come beat somebody up?" just kidding. I posted back "nah, I'm the True Love, I have a right, lol" and then his dd posted this...this..."See...no. I'm done." And FB had send me two more in my inbox that she'd posted and deleted before her final "copy".
AND he fwd'd a FB personal mail that his ex posted to him "The love of your life? HER RIGHT TO GRAB YOU? F***!!!"

Um, say what? They've been divorced for TEN YEARS. WTF?? And his DD, while understandably upset, is a grown woman, nearly 30 years old.
He's handling it admirably, but srsly, people, it's insane.
Thoughts?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#64 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 04:14 PM
gun

BurtsGirl - Welcome back!!! Glad to see you here again!

Teenytoona - DH considers himself a Buddhist, but is reluctant to name his spiritual beliefs. He grew up Catholic and went to Catholic school and has quite a bit of bitterness over this. He is a VERY QUIET man in general, and sometimes getting him to open up at all is like pulling teeth. I mentioned that I am working on cards and he asked who they were for. When I mentioned it is a certain pagan group I belong to , he asked incredulously, "What pagan group?!" I had to remind him that it is the same group I shared holiday cards with last year, and have been part of this group for awhile now. I swear he can be so oblivious sometimes! But when he was actually really willing to open up, I realized that many of our beliefs are very similar

Bras - I need mine equipped with rebar!! Actually, I find the Playtex old lady style bras are a really good deal. (See I happen to also prefer the bullet shape bosom that Playtex offers!!) You can get them on sale for about $13 and they hold everything in place without any spillage!

Herbs and classes - I just rec'd my giant package from Mountain Rose and am so excited!! And tonight is another herb local herb class that will be attended by many of my AP group! Any recommendations for an online herb class?

Maia - Oh, I misread that she was taking DS for trip 2! And yeah, what a bunch of juvenile crap your honey's DD and ex are stirring!

Aubergine - forgot to mention congrats about the new drive!

Peace- Heather
#65 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 PM

It's so good to be back here. Thank you all for the warm welcome back. Karen, did you change your screen name?

Maia, congrats on your new relationship!

I can't wait to catch up on everyone.

Teeny - for me it's only important that my partner be open, respectful, and accepting of my path. I'm pretty solitary so I practice alone and I like it that way. She does join me for sabbats and takes an interest in what I'm doing and learning. I really appreciate that about her. She doesn't practice any religion right now and I'm pretty sure she's agnostic about most things.

-Rachel

#66 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Yeah, that. I recently went to Victoria's Secret to get some new ones for my trip and they have very little in my size-- 40D. You betcha D's don't work in demi-cups, yowsa. But they had a full coverage one that made me look awesome! I went back for a second one, even. I've got one in black and one in...oh, who knows what they call off-white these days; I think it's "champagne". They were uber-expensive (for me), $42 each before tax, but they are very well made and they fit incredibly well. AND, for some reason, they seem to make my waist look smaller

If they can't pass the "pick her up" test I can't buy it. If I can't bend down to pick up my daughter (or bend down!) with out the girls fallin out then I ain't buyin!!! I'm a 34 D, and for whatever reason that seems to mean that I ONLY want demi cups. And the full cups, sometimes don't fit right, or are far too padded. I just hate bra shopping! I keep wanting to order some from a site I've seen recommended often here, but I never have THAT money. The last time I bought VS bras was almost 8 years ago. "Body By" and it STILL fits right, even though it's a 36C. Go figure.

But I totally see what you mean about looking smaller. It's because they're higher. And THAT is the real reason I love my new bras. I suddenly have a figure that I like!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#67 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Oh disregard my question, it's silly I even asked. I know we're at too totally opposite ends of the spectrum. It's not like he's a liberal Christian or something. Literally my beliefnet quiz is 1. pagan 2. uu. dead last= his religion. I should just stop bringing it up, I only turn myself round in circles. I'm just still feeling so upset that he joined them. He's a different person.

Instead - Solstice/Yule. The thing that always speaks to me about this time of year is that I like the longer nights, darker times, more reflective/introspective feel of the season. I feel that darkness and night often get a bum rap - it's scary at night, or who knows what. I like that it's a chance to relax and restore. I feel sad that it's overlooked for a celebration of the sun's return. I'd rather make Yule a celebration of the night. I'm trying to find a way to celebrate/embrace the night. It's funny because my sister (who's a Methodist), feels a special pull to the night for her spiritual Christmas. We both feel a dark blue and silver make sense to us for the colors for the season.

#68 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM

BurtsGirls! : Glad to see you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maia- maybe it's just moving to fast for them? Yeah, it's been 10 years, but was he dating anyone during those years or was he more of a loner? We've been able to watch the evolution of your emotional blooming over the past month or two, but the intensity/true love/soulmate revelation may have been brand new to them. I'm not excusing juvenile behavior, but just trying to see where they might be coming from... I know DH's parents have been divorced for about 30 years, they stayed on very good terms (living about 20 minutes from each other so DH could see both regularly), both have or have had other significant partners. But neither one can stand to be in the same room with the ex and the ex's partner. They say they want to, and plan events every now and then for "everyone" but it never works out well. It is a bit juvenile from the outside, but maybe his ex and dd either fall into this group of want/don't want to see the ex moving on and living life or maybe the intensity of your relationship simply took them by surprise and their first reaction wasn't very pretty?

Whatever the reason, I'm sorry. Just ignore their attempts to tarnish this and leave the door open for building a relationship with them more gradually as they get to see just how connected the two of you are.

~~~~~~~~~~
Partners- Big Hugs Teeny. It's hard to be in a dual faith partnership, even when the two faiths are pretty open minded. When one partner follows a more restrictive path it can be a huge challenge. Hang in there and hopefully options will grow as the energies of the sun return.

~~~~~~~
This season always reminds me of The Dark is Rising... I should go find my copy!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#69 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Took a walk on this lovely day. It was 70 degrees today!! Unbelievable!
And we're supposed to get snow this weekend. So yeah, I definitely wanted to get out and enjoy the last nice day of the season.

Also got to meet up with some local moms at a cafe this morning. Roo played with a little girl that was also there. Got to meet someone new and she seems excited about meeting me. That made me feel fabulous. It's been a long time since someone has seemed really happy at the prospect of becoming my friend. I hope I didn't ruin it by falling into negative mode.
I was just following how others were complaining but I think I should have stopped while I was ahead.

Quote:
Yeah, that. I recently went to Victoria's Secret to get some new ones for my trip and they have very little in my size-- 40D.
I can tell I'm not even a DD anymore. Have to go somewhere that carries Over the Shoulder Boulder Holders.

Quote:
Bras - I need mine equipped with rebar!! Actually, I find the Playtex old lady style bras are a really good deal. (See I happen to also prefer the bullet shape bosom that Playtex offers!!)
Ugh. I don't like torpedo boobs on me. I want to minimize the girls as much as possible.

Quote:
I can't wait to catch up on everyone.
Happy that you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

This season always reminds me of The Dark is Rising... I should go find my copy!
Haven't read the book yet. I had recorded the movie but must have deleted it.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#70 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Ack! Burn the movie! Honestly, Susan Cooper (the author) was so upset with the movie she tried to have her name removed from the film. The director admitted in an interview that he "didn't really like fantasy" but other fantasy films had done so well (HP, LOTR) that he figured it wouldn't be a problem since the audience obviously wanted fantasy.

The books are written out of the Welsh mythos and draw from the Arthurian legends as well. They are set in the UK and Wales, characters are familiar with the folk ways and traditions of these regions. But the movie changed it all around, changed characters' nationalities (the idea being that a British setting/cast would be "too much like HP"), changed names and family sizes (making the 7th son of a 7th son theme totally ridiculous), and basically destroyed the book. About the only plus was Christopher Eccleston, but his delivery was subpar for him and he was totally wrong for the part he was playing

If you're curious, read the reviews on imdb... my little review here is glowing praise compared to most!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#71 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Can I ask a general question? For those of you who are in relationships (or have been in one), how close are you in your spiritual beliefs and how important is that to you? Additionally, if you're with someone who's very different, how's that going?
This is not going to help you any, since your situation sounds so...extreme (at least, to me ) but here it is for me: I am (obviously ) Pagan/Wiccan, and my love is Catholic. I don't see such a difference since I call Catholics "Christian Pagan" anyway but he'd probably take some sort of offense at that. Or some Catholic would, anyway.
But he's very open to my path-- he knows I'm a Witch and not just because I told him so. He's seen me manifest things, and I've been a manifesting fool lately, so he's uber-sensitive to magick. Plus-- he's got some sort of relationship with faeries, and I'm not sure what it is yet, as he's not telling, but he does. He's let on enough for me to know that he's probably actually seen them, and maybe even communicated (where's the jealousy smilie?)
He went to light a candle for me when my belly muscle tore, and I said "now remember, you have to use intent" and he was like "Um, honey? I'm Catholic, remember? We know how to do candles" Um...oh yeah, I knew that

Quote:
Maia, congrats on your new relationship
Thanks! I dunno if you read the whole thing, but the short of it is, my high school sweetheart and I hooked up again, through Facebook-- it's been 35 years since we've seen one another. I just went up to MA to see him and stay for a couple of days. We were as comfy with one another as if we had parted yesterday-- and we got to consummate a relationship that never went there, back in 1975 or so.
We are utterly committed to one another, forever and ever. Srsly. True love for real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
But I totally see what you mean about looking smaller. It's because they're higher.
Dang, is that it?
Well, I like how I look in them, too. Oh well. Anything that helps!

Quote:
Instead - Solstice/Yule. The thing that always speaks to me about this time of year is that I like the longer nights, darker times, more reflective/introspective feel of the season. I feel that darkness and night often get a bum rap - it's scary at night, or who knows what. I like that it's a chance to relax and restore. I feel sad that it's overlooked for a celebration of the sun's return. I'd rather make Yule a celebration of the night.
Yeah, that! I celebrate the Sun's return-- but I hate it, truthfully. I love the dark.

Quote:
I can tell I'm not even a DD anymore. Have to go somewhere that carries Over the Shoulder Boulder Holders.

Ugh. I don't like torpedo boobs on me. I want to minimize the girls as much as possible.
about the OTSBH!!
I don't like torpedo boobs, either. I like round ones. I have naturally huge downward pointing ones, but in those VS bras they are very round!

Thanks, all, about your thoughts re: dp's ex and his dd. I'm srsly waiting for some vitriol to show up in MY FB inbox. That would be awful, but he did say that one of them could actually stoop to that. I said I would gracefully not rise to the occasion, to which he said a heartfelt thank-you, but I told him it wouldn't stop me from thinking back some very articulate replies!
So...they are indeed acting stoopid?

Clay-- he was mostly alone. He did have a fling with a guy for a couple of years (yes, a guy) but it never amounted to, um, intercourse, so dunno about that, and dunno if they knew about that. And that, even, was like 6 years ago. He's been a recluse.
Don't worry about playing devil's advocate. The insight does help.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#72 of 958 Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Can I ask a general question? For those of you who are in relationships (or have been in one), how close are you in your spiritual beliefs and how important is that to you?
This is actually something I've been meaning to ask here as well - glad you brought it up! DH and I are both "new" to this (at least to it having a proper name I guess) and I can't imagine not doing this with him and his support. Granted the paths we're taking are slightly different, but similar enough, and we're enjoying respecting and learning about the differences.

I'm so sorry your DH's change is causing you so many problems. I don't know that I'd handle that well myself. Have you bluntly told him how you feel it's affecting your marriage?

Quote:
His dd is Facebook friends with him. She and I are NOT fb friends. His ex and he are not FB friends.
BUT. Someone had posted to his page a cute silly thing about the photo he posted of the two of us, about my hands on him "Do I need to come beat somebody up?" just kidding. I posted back "nah, I'm the True Love, I have a right, lol" and then his dd posted this...this..."See...no. I'm done." And FB had send me two more in my inbox that she'd posted and deleted before her final "copy".
AND he fwd'd a FB personal mail that his ex posted to him "The love of your life? HER RIGHT TO GRAB YOU? F***!!!"
Thought 1: She needs to grow up, get over it, and focus on her own life. Sparing a bit of happiness for her dad would be nice as well. 2. Some people never move on. DH's parents divorced when he was around 5 or so and when we got married (he was 30 I think?) they refused to be photographed together. Guys, c'mon! It's been TWENTY FIVE years, you're both remarried, get over it! It could be something like that at play as well. 3. She may have always hoped the 2 of them would reunite and this is hitting her hard because of that. A little old to hang on to that hope, but it happens. 4. This may have been for her mom's benefit, in case her mom ever caught wind of it or whatever. That's my best guesses other than People are Strange!

Quote:
Bras - I need mine equipped with rebar!!
I think I just spit soda all over the laptop, desk and floor on that one! (And unfortunately I can relate - the girls definitely look in a southernly direction nowadays!)

Quote:
Also got to meet up with some local moms at a cafe this morning. Roo played with a little girl that was also there. Got to meet someone new and she seems excited about meeting me. That made me feel fabulous. It's been a long time since someone has seemed really happy at the prospect of becoming my friend.
Hurray for potential new friends and great experiences!!

Ok back to work for me or this holiday season just won't happen, but had to check in and see what everyone was up to!
#73 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 AM

I'm going to assume this is not a UAV since it is a modified traditional song with no copyright issues:

Quote:
Do your BOOBS hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier?
Do your BOOBS hang low?

Do your BOOBS hang high?
Do they reach up to the sky?
Do they wrinkle when they're wet?
Do they straighten when they're dry?
Can you wave them at your neighbor
With an element of flavor?
Do your BOOBS hang high?

Do your BOOBS hang wide?
Do they flap from side to side?
Do they wave in the breeze
From the slightest little sneeze?
Can you soar above the nation
With a feeling of elevation?
Do your BOOBS hang wide?

[My favorite verse]
Do your BOOBS fall off
When you give a great big cough?
Do they lie there on the ground
Or bounce up at every sound?
Can you stick them in your pocket
Just like Davy Crocket?
Do your BOOBS fall off?

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#74 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 03:21 AM

I can't believe baby girl is 10 days old. She's gonna be chubbette - she was back up to her birth weight at day 7. Her little ckeeks are so round!!! I just want to nibble on her all day long.

DS is doing quite well with the usurper - for a 23 month old. There have been some really sweet moments. My favorite is his name for her "sister baby."

I'm startng to adjust to the demands of 2 kiddos. Luckily I've had the sopport of my folks and the are here through Tuesday. DH will then be home for another week.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#75 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Cari- A new bra would be one of my first splurges, too. I'm in dire need of one. My one and only one is completely stretched out and is leaving the girls hangin'.
I think I need something heavy duty this time (like from Nordstrom).
Hey, I hope you'll post a pic of your hair on fb.
I was down to 3, but one of them i HATE as it's apush up/demi bra... one is way too lose and has stretched out.. one I hated because of comfort issues. I'm really astounded with one of these, it's a 16 dollar wally world jobby but it fits right, the center actually sits against my chest where.it.belongs. Never had that happen lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Cari -- simple self-splurges are good for the (mama's) soul. I need to buy a few bras too, but I hate them so much it is really hard to spend the $$. I hate the way bras feel (all of them...I have tried many different types/styles/brands) and I hate that they represent, to me, something unnatural and repressive. But I don't particularly like the way my saggy pair, um, sag, without one.
I don't *love* the way any bra feels.. but I love the way it feels for my girls to sag and stick to myself even more lol. Bonus if I can find a reasonably comfy bra then

[QUOTE=BurtsGirl;14752119]Hi everyone. It's been almost a year since I posted to this thread but I'm making a come back. (see [URL="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?[/QUOTE]Woot! Good to see you, I was just thinking of a couple of our members that have left for a time (you & salvia mostly!) Glad you are feeling able to be back with us now

Quote:
Can I ask a general question? For those of you who are in relationships (or have been in one), how close are you in your spiritual beliefs and how important is that to you? Additionally, if you're with someone who's very different, how's that going? It's so important to me that I'd be with someone who's at least on some levels compatible with my beliefs, but the change DH has taken leaves us on two paths that are certainly separating more than converging. In many ways he's still an excellent spouse, but this belief divergence is really really difficult.
You don't have to quit talking about it (read your other , later post) It's an important issue you are grappling with and talking it out and seeking various opinions is helping in getting it worked out in your head. If my husband suddenly became evangelical christian, we'd have some problems for sure. And I'm not sure how I'd handle being married to someone who suddenly joined a group that thought of me as a devil worshipper How is he behaving in relation to YOUR chosen belief system? Much as he was before, or is he starting to 'share' the opinions of his church at home now?

Quote:
Bras - I need mine equipped with rebar!! Actually, I find the Playtex old lady style bras are a really good deal. (See I happen to also prefer the bullet shape bosom that Playtex offers!!) You can get them on sale for about $13 and they hold everything in place without any spillage!
oh great mental image! I'm not a bullet mama myself hehehe... I like soft & rounded

Quote:
Also got to meet up with some local moms at a cafe this morning. Roo played with a little girl that was also there. Got to meet someone new and she seems excited about meeting me. That made me feel fabulous. It's been a long time since someone has seemed really happy at the prospect of becoming my friend. I hope I didn't ruin it by falling into negative mode.
I was just following how others were complaining but I think I should have stopped while I was ahead.
Oh awesome hun! Hope you two hit it off well and become good friends Thou shalt not be negative

Day started off hectic here, but got better thankfully. We had our last extra curricular day for the year with the distance ed group. The kids had good fun, and I got to hang out & chat with the other pagan mum for the day

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#76 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 04:04 AM

Hi ladies!
I was wondering if I may join you. I've considered myself Wiccan for about 15 years (although I really feel like I was born that way and it just took a while for me to put a name to it). I shut myself back in the broom closet about 10 years ago (long story), so only a few people in my life know. Not even my husband knows what exactly I am, only that I'm not Christian. So, I get kind of lonely. It'd be nice to talk to people that won't give me the hairy eyeball when I mention stuff like smudge sticks. Ya'll seem like a fun group. Love the poetry.
#77 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 AM

Welcome!

Maryhippie.gif

#78 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Psst- I hope everyone will post on my thread in TAO.

Welcome to Bronwyntoo.

Advent calendar goodies: I need more ideas. Ds is not appreciating Time Tickets or sweet notes. He's full blown into kid greed. Any ideas of simple/inexpensive things I can put in his advent calendar? I can put plain milk choc in some of them but I don't want it to be all about candy. Hmm, maybe I can find some inexpensive little ornaments or something. I don't want to fill it with junk that will get discarded after a day or two. I think I should have just gone with a playmobil advent calendar. Oh well.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#79 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM

Good morning, mamas! I'm still catching up from page 3 but thought I would get some things out while it's on my mind, nice and fresh

I have decided to start loosely working with the book "Witch Crafting" by Phyllis Curott. (sorry, I can't figure out how to link webpages) Now, I say loosely because I probably won't be doing the excersizes in the order which they appear in her book, but they will all be usefull at some point. I am going to start by really dedicating to writing my Book of Shadows, energy work, dreams, and intuition. Just dedicating my thoughts to actually following through with more practice has already began this morning & made me more aware. I went to bed last night telling myself to be open and aware of my dreams. I don't usualy remember them, but I find if I really WANT to I can will myself at night to be more open to remembering in the morning lol. This morning when I got up, my first thought was of a customer of mine standing in front of my desk. Didn't think much of it, but noted it in the back of my head and jotted it down on a sticky note. Got into work this morning and that customer I dreamt of was the first person to call! I must say I was quite taken back I had also asked for guidance that this was a good time to start taking the path more seriously and to please give me a sign... I'd say this is it

Have a great friday everyone! I work tomorrow also, but only a 1/2 day then I really need to start working a little harder on finishing up sewing Solstice gifts for everyone, and working on my altar.

Blessed Be, lovely mamas!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#80 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Hello Everyone! My name is Kristin. I posted a few days ago asking for help finding a direction in terms of spirituality and a couple of mamas suggested I come this way.

I haven't looked into anything pagan or wiccan in about 10 years! I have always felt my best in nature and with natural things.

Can I join the group to see if this fits for me?!?

Where do you think would be a good place to get started in possibly redefining my spirituality through paganism? TIA!

Kristin, sahm to ds Avery (11-15-08) 3 raw fed
#81 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for answering my questions, ladies!

Quote:

[ . . .]

Semper Gumby, I guess I'd describe myself as a Choose Your Own Adventure Pagan. LOL, I guess UU - Pagan also fits. My beliefs are that God/desses are human understandings/interpretations of the Divine and that there can be truth found in most mythological stories. I also seem to be more naturally drawn to Solstices/Equinoxes than the cross-quarter days. Right now, though, I'm not much of a practicer, things are a little rocky since DH converter to JW. I also have a little kitchen witchness to me, but I aspire to be one more than I am.

Maia, so glad to hear you had such a great time!
The bold seems to be where I stand. I really like Perennial philosophy and monism/pluralism.

I've been given good book recommendations on Paganism. I have a lot of reading to do!

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#82 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Weather -- winter storm warning, blowing snow, cold.cold.cold. "Tonight will be bad and tomorrow will be beyond imagining." , to quote The Dark Is Rising, which I've reread most every December since I was a kid. What a great Yule book! (Sorry to hear that the movie was crap, haven't gotten around to seeing it yet )

Also, migraine and I am taking 3 kids under 5 to a holiday party this morning. Waiting for the meds to kick in, on the verge of canceling actually...

but very quietly at the boob poem. There is a boutique in my town that makes custom bras at $100 a pop. "Expensive but you'll never go back to cheap bras!" the ladies say. Someday.

I like the phrase "spiritually eclectic" , so "choose your own adventure" also fits for me! What teenytoona said about interpretations of the divine and solstices/equinoxes, too.

Welcome, Bronwyntoo and Spunkymama. Have a great day, all!
#83 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 AM
gun

Bronwyntoo - Welcome to the group!!!

SpunkyMama - I am glad you came on over!!!

I had a great herb class last night!!!!!

Have an awesome Friday!!!!

Peace- Heather
#84 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Took a walk on this lovely day. It was 70 degrees today!! Unbelievable!
And we're supposed to get snow this weekend. So yeah, I definitely wanted to get out and enjoy the last nice day of the season.

Oh, I love those 70 degree blasts of winter breaks. We get them here in Jan or Feb.

LOL Torpedo boobs, yeah, I like minimization. The only bra I have left that's non nursing or sports is what DH refers to as my 7 of 9 bra (from Star Trek Voyager). I need rebar too. Actually DH has been toying around with designing a bra for me based on his construction knowledge. Now that is something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
This is actually something I've been meaning to ask here as well - glad you brought it up! DH and I are both "new" to this (at least to it having a proper name I guess) and I can't imagine not doing this with him and his support. Granted the paths we're taking are slightly different, but similar enough, and we're enjoying respecting and learning about the differences.

I'm so sorry your DH's change is causing you so many problems. I don't know that I'd handle that well myself. Have you bluntly told him how you feel it's affecting your marriage?
Oh yeah, probably too bluntly and too many times. I'm far too angry about it. Of course they believe we're worshipping the devil, but everyone who is not JW is under the devil's influence, so we're in a large group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I was down to 3, but one of them i HATE as it's apush up/demi bra... one is way too lose and has stretched out.. one I hated because of comfort issues. I'm really astounded with one of these, it's a 16 dollar wally world jobby but it fits right, the center actually sits against my chest where.it.belongs. Never had that happen lol.

I don't *love* the way any bra feels.. but I love the way it feels for my girls to sag and stick to myself even more lol. Bonus if I can find a reasonably comfy bra then

Woot! Good to see you, I was just thinking of a couple of our members that have left for a time (you & salvia mostly!) Glad you are feeling able to be back with us now

You don't have to quit talking about it (read your other , later post) It's an important issue you are grappling with and talking it out and seeking various opinions is helping in getting it worked out in your head. If my husband suddenly became evangelical christian, we'd have some problems for sure. And I'm not sure how I'd handle being married to someone who suddenly joined a group that thought of me as a devil worshipper How is he behaving in relation to YOUR chosen belief system? Much as he was before, or is he starting to 'share' the opinions of his church at home now?
He doesn't really protest anything, but it sure gets in the way. He doesn't want the DSC to celebrate anything, so it's not like I can decorate the house and rub it intheir faces. Every few months we will get into an argument (that I usually start), about his beliefs and he will say something along the lines of if I would just accept that before in my Catholic, non-catholic and then tiptoeing into Pagan days that I read the bible from a false perspective and would study it with him. Which just further pisses me off. It's really not a delightful thing.

Seriously, we function well enough together if we don't have the religion jumping in our faces, but fall/winter is a hard hard time since it's from Sept to Feb it's birthdays holidays and whatnot that he will no longer do.

Ah well, I"m LOVING the boobs conversation, as well as boobs hang low! I WISH mine would fall off from time to time, I need a break! I agree with the person who said there is no comfy bra, but then, I'm not comfortable without one unless I'm sleeping.

Welcome Bronwyntoo and SpunkyMama! Good to see you!

Quote:
Where do you think would be a good place to get started in possibly redefining my spirituality through paganism? TIA!
I don't really call myself Wiccan, but I find I identify very strongly with much of what Starhawk says, particularly her more recent (90's til now) work and WRT Nature and Feminism. I've read some of Z Budapest's work (Dianic) and a little Scott Cunningham (Wicca) and I feel they are nice, some things ring true for me, but others but don't fit with me so much. I'm still searching for other things more along my lines. I think a little Shamanism would be interesting to read as well as probably many other things. But I also think that seeking it yourself without books works too. Like a nature journal, or being observant while in Nature, sometimes that's when things seem clearest to me.

Well how exciting, it seems that we have a small collection of CYOA Pagans! Maybe we should give it the official name!

Quote:
The bold seems to be where I stand. I really like Perennial philosophy and monism/pluralism.
Ooh, more topics to look up! Thanks!

#85 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenytoona View Post

i don't really call myself wiccan, but i find i identify very strongly with much of what starhawk says, particularly her more recent (90's til now) work and wrt nature and feminism. I've read some of z budapest's work (dianic) and a little scott cunningham (wicca) and i feel they are nice, some things ring true for me, but others but don't fit with me so much. I'm still searching for other things more along my lines. I think a little shamanism would be interesting to read as well as probably many other things. But i also think that seeking it yourself without books works too. Like a nature journal, or being observant while in nature, sometimes that's when things seem clearest to me.

Well how exciting, it seems that we have a small collection of cyoa pagans! Maybe we should give it the official name!
ooh, more topics to look up! Thanks!

Starting a journal is a fantastic idea! Use it to record dreams, intuition, spells, etc. Books are so filled with information that it can become overwhelming and I know I tend to fall into information overload and become stuck on what I think I should be doing, feeling, seeing instead of just letting nature take it's course and recognizing the magic in the world. That is probably why I stepped away from the path for so long. I got so wrapped up in the specifics of what I was "suppose" to be doing that none of it felt natural anymore.

LOL at the bra conversation. I used to go without before I had kids, and even though they aren't super saggy my belly is so I like that lift of the 'ol girls because it makes my stomach look flatter. psh! haha I like VS's bras a lot, but the last time I bought one it got thrown in the wash and ruined (dang hand washing intimates! lol) Love the "do they hang low" song.

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#86 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Clay! Congrats on your little one!

Quote:
Thanks! I dunno if you read the whole thing, but the short of it is, my high school sweetheart and I hooked up again, through Facebook-- it's been 35 years since we've seen one another. I just went up to MA to see him and stay for a couple of days. We were as comfy with one another as if we had parted yesterday-- and we got to consummate a relationship that never went there, back in 1975 or so.
Maia, that is so awesome and beautiful. What a great beginning to a wonderful story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyntoo View Post
Hi ladies!
I was wondering if I may join you.
Welcome Bronwyn! I have a friend with that name also and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyMama View Post

Welcome Kristin! You're definitely in the right place. I started out with Scott Cunningham's books and still refer back to them.

Quote:
I had a great herb class last night!!!!!
Gun, Is this an online herb class?

It's getting colder down here and I'm loving it. We even have a chance for snow this weekend. I doubt that will happen but I would be excited if it did! TGIF everyone and hope you have a great weekend!

-Rachel

#87 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post
I understand pagan is pretty broad. Are you ladies theists in the classic sense? Do you believe in literal gods and goddesses? How do you choose a pantheon or gods/goddesses?
It's so difficult for me to describe myself I always feel like there is so much more to me and have a hard time leaving it at a few words. I would say I am a Green, kitchen witch. The only path I follow is my own. I work with tarot, herbs, most of my time is spent outdoors. I really just go with the flow.

Quote:
Hi everyone. It's been almost a year since I posted to this thread but I'm making a come back. (see re-introduction here). I see some familiar "faces" and it's so good to see you guys are all doing so well. I'm going to attempt to keep up with this thread again but we'll see how that goes. I assume nothing has changed and this thread flies!
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
I get a good pair of birkenstocks and I am set for several years.
Love my birks. I wear mine all year round, if I need shoes(love being barefoot) In the winter I would wear those great socks you knit with them!
Quote:
My DH is open, but not on the same path. He respects my beliefs and will help/participate if I ask him, but I mostly work alone.

Quote:

Mamas-- here is a weird thing. M has been divorced from his ex for 10 years now. They're friends and she lives 1/2 hour away from him with their 29yo dd.
They knew I'd be up there for Thanksgiving. They had invited M over before they knew I'd be up there, and he told them no, and told them why. Discreetly as he could, w/o being, well, over the top. Then when I was there, his dd kept calling him and pestering him about coming over, bringing me, she's making mashed potatoes, whatever. He said no. Because it was inappropriate, and he and I both agreed about that.
She and I had even talked on the phone, though, before that, and it was a nice phone call. She has a DS a year younger than mine.
SO...fast fwd to last night.

Um, say what? They've been divorced for TEN YEARS. WTF?? And his DD, while understandably upset, is a grown woman, nearly 30 years old.
He's handling it admirably, but srsly, people, it's insane.
Thoughts?
I agree with clay. Maybe since they still do things together as a family such as holidays they feel like they are losing him now? Maybe they just need to have a bit of time.

Quote:
Teeny - for me it's only important that my partner be open, respectful, and accepting of my path.
Agree with this.

Quote:
Oh disregard my question, it's silly I even asked. I know we're at too totally opposite ends of the spectrum. It's not like he's a liberal Christian or something. Literally my beliefnet quiz is 1. pagan 2. uu. dead last= his religion. I should just stop bringing it up, I only turn myself round in circles. I'm just still feeling so upset that he joined them. He's a different person.
Hugs mama. I wish I had answers for you. Maybe your DH just needs some time?

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#88 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyntoo View Post
Hi ladies!
I was wondering if I may join you. I've considered myself Wiccan for about 15 years (although I really feel like I was born that way and it just took a while for me to put a name to it). I shut myself back in the broom closet about 10 years ago (long story), so only a few people in my life know. Not even my husband knows what exactly I am, only that I'm not Christian. So, I get kind of lonely. It'd be nice to talk to people that won't give me the hairy eyeball when I mention stuff like smudge sticks. Ya'll seem like a fun group. Love the poetry.
Hi, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyMama View Post
Hello Everyone! My name is Kristin. I posted a few days ago asking for help finding a direction in terms of spirituality and a couple of mamas suggested I come this way.

I haven't looked into anything pagan or wiccan in about 10 years! I have always felt my best in nature and with natural things.

Hi Kristin, welcome!

#89 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Morning mamas. Boy I feel like I fell off the face of the earth! So many new post, what was I doing yesterday??

Any plans for the weekend? I am almost done with my shopping for the kids. Tonight I am going to skype with my friend from Florida, have a beer with her. Love that skype!!

#90 of 958 Old 12-04-2009, 01:20 PM

Anyone have a good remedy for tight neck muscles, besides warm compress, soaks in the tub? Can't afford a massage right now.
I think it is semi-tension related, from knitting, sewing and crafting the last few days. It started at my Mom's before thanksgiving... and has gotten better/worse every few days.

I am finally ready to mail out Holiday Helper packages this week. I had trouble finding one thing, and hope to have good luck this week.

Tomorrow the girls make gingerbread houses, visit Santa and have their first ever, cousin, sleepover. I bet I will be tired Saturday!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page