December Pagan Circle - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#931 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Hope everyone has a safe wonderful night tonight! We are dining outside tonight - yep in the cold Michigan winter. We will have hot cocoa, sled, and talk to the big full moon! Big Daddy wants to make just a slew of appetizers for our dinner, and that's fine by me!
Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

BTW - I created a group on FB - 'MDC Pagan Circle', it might be any easy way for us to find each other'.
I joined!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#932 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 03:12 PM

Hello all. I'm letting the kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba before we head out today. It snowed last night and now it's starting to melt so driving should be fine. Hopefully we'll get to go to the NYE party. Last night the kids and I looked at the moon through our telescope.

Then they did an Earth blessing spell because they said they felt like it's what the Earth wanted. It was pretty sweet.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#933 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I joined!
Me too. Thanks, gun!
#934 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Does anyone else ever have reunion-with-a-dead-loved-one dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Yes. Seems like they were just there to comfort me.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#935 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 PM

i have had several dreams about my grandpa. once he was saving me from zombies, once he was giving me advice on life, once he was really small and he had in a hamster cage and he was just wearing shorts and he talked to me about life and then we went and bought jam. and once my mom wouldn't let him eat at the dinner table and i was so upset because my grandma was there and i knew they were both dead and i couldn't be with both of them. weird dreams.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#936 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mamaofthree- I had to chuckle about the dream of you grandpa being small and in a hamster cage. That's definitely out there.

Taking my son to the grocery store has become almost unbearable. His behavior is just horrible when we go. I know it is mostly do to his sensory issues (and boredom) and I've tried all kinds of tricks but nothing works. People glare at us, Glare at me. I almost broke down and cried at the store today. I ended up only getting a couple things because I just couldn't take it.

I really wish they didn't have a minimum order limit on grocery delivery. If I could, I would just get delivery every week instead of enduring this torture.

Bah! Humbug.
Would the new year hurry up and get here?! Serenity NOW!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#937 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
gun

The FB group will be closed and by invite only - for the sake of privacy. However, that means that to get an invite, I will have to know who you are! PM here, I will give you my name so you can find me there and I can send an invite to you!

Off to make the group even more secret!!

Peace- Heather
#938 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 PM

Also on the FB group for those that have already joined, you can't remove it from your "groups" list on your profile, but if it says that you've joined on your wall, you can delete that entry so it's not really obvious. Funny, I'm pretty open about it up here, but there are still people I definitely prefer not to invite into that aspect of my life!
#939 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 05:57 PM

Maiasaura- The ring I got Dh for our handfasting is custom made with Runes on the interior of the ring, from the outside it looks like a plain silver band. I chose the Runes that were important to me and to our relationship. It is available in a few different types of metals, but since $$ was so tight, I chose the sterling silver option, it was under $150 shipped. I do not have the website available right now, but will look it up if you are interested. It has so much more meaning to it knowing that i chose exactely what I wanted.

I am in need of quick help please!!!!!!!! Does anyone have a copy of "Circle Round: Raising Children in the Goddess Traditions"? Mine has disappeared and i promised my girls that we would do the Full Moon, moon water ritual tonight. We have not made a new batch of Moon water in over a year and being a Full Moon, a "Blue Moon" or "Moon After Yule", a partial lunar eclipse, and New Year's Eve, the energy we are feeling is quite high. Especially within my Full Moon Girl! Maia was born under a full moon, she was born at 1:10 am and the exact official full moon time was 1:31 or 1:37 am. She has always felt the pull of the full moon energy, but especially tonight.
The "Circle Round" book has a Full Moon Blessing in it and i really need a copy of the words that go with it. Help please
#940 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 06:04 PM

Mommy- hold on, gotta grab my copy...oh shoot, I can't find my copy either.

I just looked through Celebrating the Great Mother and didn't see anything that would fit either.

Hmmm....what else can I find?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#941 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM

I have my CD, but am pretty sure it is not on it. may have to wing it and make our own blessing and thanks i appreciate the searching Going to listen to the moon song though, I know we usually sing it, so maybe it is on there
#942 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The FB group will be closed and by invite only - for the sake of privacy. However, that means that to get an invite, I will have to know who you are! PM here, I will give you my name so you can find me there and I can send an invite to you!

Off to make the group even more secret!!
Thank you for doing that.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#943 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
I am in need of quick help please!!!!!!!! Does anyone have a copy of "Circle Round: Raising Children in the Goddess Traditions"? Mine has disappeared and i promised my girls that we would do the Full Moon, moon water ritual tonight. We have not made a new batch of Moon water in over a year and being a Full Moon, a "Blue Moon" or "Moon After Yule", a partial lunar eclipse, and New Year's Eve, the energy we are feeling is quite high. Especially within my Full Moon Girl! Maia was born under a full moon, she was born at 1:10 am and the exact official full moon time was 1:31 or 1:37 am. She has always felt the pull of the full moon energy, but especially tonight.
The "Circle Round" book has a Full Moon Blessing in it and i really need a copy of the words that go with it. Help please
I'm hoping you mean the "Full Moon House - Blessing" because that's the only one I see in Circle Round (59).

SORRY -- due to possible copyright infringement I'm removing that text. But I am going to post it to our facebook group page and can PM it to anyone who asks.

Maryhippie.gif

#944 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:

Does anyone else ever have reunion-with-a-dead-loved-one dreams? I've had a handful and it is always an embrace and a moment of joy that overwhelms the content or tone of the rest of the dreams.
No, but I wish I did. I miss my Great Grandmother so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
I am not shy about being pagan, it's kinda right there on my main profile page.
I use to be, but not anymore

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#945 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 08:09 PM

For those doing blue moon research, here's a link with info. Seems there is a debate between "second full moon in a calendar month" vs "fourth full moon in a season that normally has three". But for the second in a month camp, this one is a biggie since a blue moon on new years eve only happens every 18 or so years!

I joined the FB group earlier but I'm ok with being "out"... my mom was the last person who didn't know that I was worried about and with that out of the way, I'm free to be me (to go back to that schoolhouse rocks reference )

We spent all day cleaning and organizing and fixing things so that tomorrow we can more or less take the day off. We do need to go get black eye peas and dh has to spend a few hours at the lab (cells don't care if it's a holiday), but tomorrow will be focused on setting the tone of the year.

Since we cleaned out the fridge we are having a "leftover" dinner... a sort of santa fe chowder with corn, beans, sweet potato, celery, white potato, and duck meat. It's actually really yummy!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#946 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 08:18 PM

ok can you still charge water under the full moon if the moon is not actually out. we are having serious cloud cover. and i wanted to put out some water to charge and then clean the house with it tomorrow.

thanks

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#947 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 PM

the kids and i use to do a full moon blessing every month. haven't done it in a year now. maybe i need to start doing that stuff again. it always felt so good.

we would sprinkle salt water in the door ways (wipe down the door jams too) and burn incense around the doors and windows, and welcome in the moon light, and the goddess.
we also did stuff during the new moon, having to do with making plans. that has been awhile too.

h

#948 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 PM

We'll be doing that tonight as well from Circle Round. I also have to see if there is anything in my book Raising Witches.

Time to eat now. The kids are having tuna casserole and I'm spoiling myself with a lobster before I head out for NYE with my bff.

Oh btw, I got my mohawk back and people who saw me today LOVED it!

#949 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 08:55 PM

on these books!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#950 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 PM

Mamas:

Another Mama started a thread looking for the full moon blessing from Circle Round. If any of you has it, could you post it for her? Her name is mommyto3girls.

TIA.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#951 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
Mamas:

Another Mama started a thread looking for the full moon blessing from Circle Round. If any of you has it, could you post it for her? Her name is mommyto3girls.

TIA.
I edited it out of my PP because of copyright infringement rules. But I just PM'd her.

Maryhippie.gif

#952 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 PM

I just finally did the last thing I needed to do before this year ended and that was come out to my family about my interesting relationship. They didn't take it very well. Oh well, at least I got it out. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no resources or support sites that I can find...

Why am I such a weirdo?

#953 of 958 Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 PM
gun

FB group - sorry but the only way for me to invite you is to either have your email address or for you to be on my friend list now. That's the best I can do. And besides, I am a nice friend! It must have happened when it became a secret group.

Happy New Year's Eve! - we just finished dinner, and all my amazing plans for sledding, chatting w/ the moon, and dining outside were shot due to the drizzle rain and snow mix that melted all of our snow. DD is fast asleep and Big Daddy is watching a DVD I bought him for xmas. All is well. I will sneak out for some private moments in just a bit. Entering the red tent finally tonight, so maybe that is indeed a powerful thing.

Peace- Heather
#954 of 958 Old 01-01-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
It isn't so much the stones themselves, it's the ridiculous price of GOLD that's doing you in! I'm lucky in that I actually prefer silver
Well, I actually do too, but silver seems so...I dunno, commonplace, to me, since I wear it all the time. I wanted white gold but it's SO expensive. I'll probably end up with sterling after all.

We didn't end up getting a ring this time after all-- the universe conspired against us, this time, I think. First my plane ended up landing at like 6pm when I was supposed to get into Boston at 2, so Boston shopping on Saturday was a loss. Then on Sunday, we actually went out looking in Worcester, but most everything was closed, and what was open we couldn't afford (mall jewelry store), and the only thing left was Piercing Pagoda and I was like, um, no. I might have considered what was there if the 18-something chick behind the counter wasn't staring over the stuff at us
Then M found out on Monday that what is wrong with his car is very likely transmission issues, and he probably needs another car, and he also found out his hours at work are cut for a while b/c of lack of business (hopefully temporary-- the good news is, they let 6 people go and he wasn't one of them).
So we were going to go to the Irish store to get something inexpensive as a promise type thing, but we went to the address they posted online and it was residence. No sign of a shop at all. In a residential area. Plus nobody was home there anyway, and the phone number they'd posted was disconnected. Even though the website said Open 10-5 that day
So...finances and circumstances prevent, for now. We're trying to be responsible financially. We're still considering that we're engaged anyway-- after all, he has asked me to marry him, multiple times and I've said YESYESYES multiple times I've already used his last name, without thinking As he said tonight, all that stands between us and legal marriage is the paper. We're married-- in our minds and hearts. We are so, so eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
dh's dad just passed on.
Oh, I'm so sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
But we have realized that we nickle & dime ourselves to death, We should be able to save nearly 30% of dh's pay.. and we are going to starting NOW
Please do share your journey! I need some serious financial help. I have cut out all that I think I can, and still spend more than I have every month

Quote:
That's a biggie.
Financial stress stinks.
Yes. What you said. See above, for both M and me Well-- we're working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMommy80 View Post
but they all just want to wallow in thier own negativity and I want no part of it!)

Also, I am cutting the negativity right out! My own as well as the people around me.
I so know what you mean. My DS is so negative in general! And my housemate can be, too. It's disheartening. How do you get an almost 9yo to be more positive? I want to help him, especially when he gets frustrated, but his level is so low and he really gets out of hand with the tantruming or just giving up. It makes me want to scream, myself, or just walk away in anger, but that doesn't help the situation any.

Quote:
Tomorrow morning I'm getting my mohawk back! Can't wait. I miss it. And in a few weeks, I think I'll be getting a new piercing. Maybe. Or a new tattoo. Whatever strikes me.
Cool! Post pics! I have three more tattoos coming to me, at some point. I know what, vaguely, for two of them, but not where or when. The third is a mystery, but M and I are going to get matching ones at some point. Something very personal to the both of us. What, where, and when has yet to be revealed.
My one big dread, I'll probably cut out soon. The other two can stay.
I have thought about getting an eyebrow pierced. Would that look silly on someone that's 50? I'd be 52, actually, since I have to wait till I get out of school.

Quote:
I want to cry. I just checked my bank account and I'm $140 overdrawn. All because of AAA. They took out money for a renewal even though I didn't agree to it.
They do auto-draft. I knew that. I've been an AAA member since 1977. They've always been very good to me-- I'm sure if you persist with being firm, and talking to higher-ups (and in writing, too-- date all your transactions with them), you'll get your refund. If you signed something, it may be harder, but it can be done. Hang in there

Quote:
Does anyone else ever have reunion-with-a-dead-loved-one dreams? I've had a handful and it is always an embrace and a moment of joy that overwhelms the content or tone of the rest of the dreams.
Yes, that has happened to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
I'd really like to join the FB group, however I recently added some Mormon relatives that I haven't seen in a few years since my dad alienated them. Right now is not the time to pull out the I'm a Pagan card, lol.
You know, it's funny-- the three Mormons I know, two of them are very open to Goddess paths, very accepting. The one that isn't, is my cousin, and he's tweaked in so many other ways that it doesn't matter. It's sad that I will likely never hear from him again over my Paganism, but that can't be helped...he's tweaked and I need to practice acceptance. But the other two? VERY open and accepting, even embracing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Maiasaura- The ring I got Dh for our handfasting is custom made with Runes on the interior of the ring, from the outside it looks like a plain silver band. I chose the Runes that were important to me and to our relationship. It is available in a few different types of metals, but since $$ was so tight, I chose the sterling silver option, it was under $150 shipped. I do not have the website available right now, but will look it up if you are interested. It has so much more meaning to it knowing that i chose exactely what I wanted.
I would love to hear more, and see the website! Thank you!

Quote:
I just finally did the last thing I needed to do before this year ended and that was come out to my family about my interesting relationship. They didn't take it very well. Oh well, at least I got it out. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no resources or support sites that I can find...

Why am I such a weirdo?
What's your interesting relationship? I have some "weirdo" friends and I'm not always considered so normal myself. Maybe I can find something for you? If not...consider me supportive

Happy Secular New Year, all!
Black Eyed Peas for us tomorrow! Off to go out and see if the Moon has decided to peek out. It was very cloudy when I got home.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#955 of 958 Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
FB group - sorry but the only way for me to invite you is to either have your email address or for you to be on my friend list now. That's the best I can do. And besides, I amce friend! It must have happened when it became a secret group.
g.
Invite plz, I'm already on your friends list

I started to skim and my brain shut down, I had about 2hrs sleep last night so I'm just shattered. This was the only msg I actually managed to quote somehow

We went over to the IL's yesterday afternoon, had nibbles and KFC for dinner (mum was over the holiday cooking but she did dress a pav though ) We watched the 9pm sydney fireworks on tv with the kids who were just ooohing and ahhhing the whole time. Then they went off to bed and the grown ups chatted and watched movies and such (just us, daims parents and his brother & dh). I sat out on the veranda till 1155pm, watching the moon through the huge poinciana tree and watching the occasional fruit bat fly around The moon was amazing... I sat out there and wrote in my journal, and meditated a bit. A very nice evening all in all.

We headed home around noon and went to this awesome park I found and the kids had a ball... they're now plugged into the wii for a little bit

I hope you are having a great new years eve... especially those of you on the east coast getting ready to ring in 2010 in a few minutes!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#956 of 958 Old 01-01-2010, 02:07 AM

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! WOOT!

ok so i went back on facebook. i was off for months, so gun how do i friend you? (what is your facebook name... OR you could friend me i am heathermama hawkes)

h

#957 of 958 Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
What's your interesting relationship? I have some "weirdo" friends and I'm not always considered so normal myself. Maybe I can find something for you? If not...consider me supportive

Happy Secular New Year, all!
Black Eyed Peas for us tomorrow! Off to go out and see if the Moon has decided to peek out. It was very cloudy when I got home.
Polyandry is how we live. Two men cater to me lol. I just got in from a fun night celebrating with my bff and it was nice to come home to them, have them take off my stilettos and then rub my feet while listening to how my night went.

I am legally married to my dh of eight years and with my partner now of two years. They became the best of friends off the bat and it's nice that my dh has someone who loves the same dorky things that he does (comic books and video games). We're hoping to do an unofficial ceremony but my family has about put us in the "disgusting" category.

Why can't people live and let live?

#958 of 958 Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 AM

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Here's a new thread for January: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4#post14866844

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page