Welcome to Teves, Jewish Mamas! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
B"H, I hope that all is well.

Tonight, our shul had an engagement dinner. And I really ate too many sweets. But those brownies, with the icing, continued to call my name. Everything was so yummy.

I am looking forward to the wedding. Lately, it seems that it has been one shiva after another, and so much sadness.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend a wedding, or any happy event at this time.
#62 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 AM

I feel like it has been a lot of shiva's here, too.

I was saddened to realize that I won't be able to go to the bris, I agreed a month ago to cover a friend's shift at work. (saddened to realize? I think I need some sleep. that sounds crazy dorky and formal lol) (thank goodness she sent an email to the bosses reminding them (and me!) I'll find a way to send along a gift though, and congratulate them when I see them, and ask if they need help with anything. Still, I would have liked to go.

I have to share. I am now a certified post-partum doula!!! I'm very excited.
I feel hugely triumphant, because I feel like I'm making tangible steps on my path, and because I am building my career on my terms. After deciding not to go through with the traditional college route, I have a lot of failure/not good enough issues, so to be moving forward, be in a place to start my own business, and again, doing it my way, on my terms, I feel so triumphant. I know that there is a lot of buckling down I need to do to get my post partum doula business started, however, I'm just so psyched right now!

b'shaa tova, mamas.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#63 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 08:53 AM

Mazel tov, Caroline!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#64 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 02:40 PM

Mazl tov!

Deciding to do some serious decluttering. I think it will be a healthy choice for us. However, that said, it's hard to work when it's so cold. The cold just seeps into the house - brrr. Right now it's 5 outside.

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#65 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mazel Tov Caroline!

Maybe you could offer an hour or two of your services as part of the baby gift to your friends who just had the baby boy? Besides being a nice thing to do for the family, it's free publicity! (and possibly your first job if they decide to hire you for more hours than you gift them with.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#66 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 PM

Mazal tov, caroline!!!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#67 of 69 Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npl View Post
To all the mothers still waiting - b'shaa tova. The right time should come without too much difficult waiting, and should result in an easy birth and good health for mommy and baby!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#68 of 69 Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magelet View Post

I have to share. I am now a certified post-partum doula!!! I'm very excited.
I feel hugely triumphant, because I feel like I'm making tangible steps on my path, and because I am building my career on my terms. After deciding not to go through with the traditional college route, I have a lot of failure/not good enough issues, so to be moving forward, be in a place to start my own business, and again, doing it my way, on my terms, I feel so triumphant. I know that there is a lot of buckling down I need to do to get my post partum doula business started, however, I'm just so psyched right now!

b'shaa tova, mamas.
Mazel Tov! That is wonderful news!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
Mazal tov, caroline!!!
BSha'ah tova. Thinking about you, mama.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#69 of 69 Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page