Muslim Mamas 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 227 Old 10-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post
Hearing some sisters speaking Arabic, I was surprised to find I had tears in my eyes. Big longing to be able to read/speak/understand, and no idea where/how I can make time for this. This feeling really startled me.
Salaam sister,

Maybe you can ask some of the sisters or one of them to teach you? You can start by learning the alphabet, then writing simple words, then saying simple sentences. Just one or two hours a week could get you knowing Arabic in no time!!

There are videos on YouTube of the Arabic Alphabet too.

In my experience, once you learn the alphabet letters and sounds, and can read, and a few simple words, the whole world of Arabic opens up to you (including Quran which you can then "read" as you listen to it).

So - first baby step is learn a few alphabet letters. First three are Alif, Ba, Ta (A, B, T)

Good luck darlin'

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

#182 of 227 Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post
Liquesce, you made me smile. I have started a new job teaching first grade, and I miss having the time to read and study that I used to have. embracing the challenge, and praying for patience.

Hearing some sisters speaking Arabic, I was surprised to find I had tears in my eyes. Big longing to be able to read/speak/understand, and no idea where/how I can make time for this. This feeling really startled me.

UmmIbrahim, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Change can be so hard.

Salaams to all of you.
Congratulations on the new job!

Could you perhaps look for a summer course as something to look forward to?
#183 of 227 Old 10-22-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
Congratulations on the new job!

Could you perhaps look for a summer course as something to look forward to?
thank you .

the summer course is a lovely suggestion! I'll have to investigate. meanwhile, one of the sisters I know says she will bring an alphabet book for me to use, to become familiar.

youngspiritmom, thank you for your tips and encouragement.

wishing all of you a beautiful weekend inshaAllah

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#184 of 227 Old 10-23-2010, 01:59 AM

Salaam alaykum Mamas/Sistas

We just got back from dinner at the mosque. I met with a friend who is planning to leave on a Hajj trip next week. Can you BELIEVE Hajj is coming up so quickly? I feel like my Islamic clock is still in Ramadan.

I've been wondering a couple of things, thought I'd post here:

- Does anyone know the Arabic version of the hadith "He who knows himself knows His Lord." I am really interested to know the exact Arabic words to find out more about the meaning of this statement.

Theres been some interesting stuff in my community going on regarding babies, sex, and birth control.....wanted to hear the Muslim mdc perspective

- Thoughts/experiences of being a sister and birth control? Do you use it? Yes, no? Condoms, pulling out? Pills, IUD? Charting?

- If you and DH disagree about birth control, what do you do? Is it OK to use birth control if hubby doesn't know? Is it OK to refuse sex if hubby refuses birth control? Is it the husband's choice? Wife's choice?

I always love hearing many different opinions about things.

I hope you are having peaceful moments each day to connect with God. Love to you all.

#185 of 227 Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 AM

Assalamu Alaikum:

Kangamitroo: There is a good little book called, "The Arabic Alphabet: How to Read it and Write it." You may be able to find it at your library. http://www.amazon.com/Arabic-Alphabe...ref=pd_sim_b_1 A few years ago, I had a great little program called "Arabic Playhouse." It basically just focuses on how to read Arabic (for kids). You can also often find some of the PImsleur Arabic tapes/CDs at the library.

YSM: From what I read, there is no prohibition on birth control other than sterilization. DH is much more conservative than I am--in that he doesn't want me taking the risks of using hormones, etc. Still, we've used the minipill, diaphragm, charting, spermicidal film, etc. Looking at an IUD right now. I don't agree with using birth control without the other partner knowing--however, if the marriage was shaky... or perhaps one had the knowledge that one simply could not handle another child but one's partner did not want her to use BC... I think one would simply have to make that decision on their own. Reality for many Muslimahs (and women in general) is that raising the child falls on them at least most of the time. So, if a woman cannot feel she can handle another child, does not want any more children, etc... then I think she needs to stand up for herself.

This website talks a lot about different views http://muslim-canada.org/family.htm

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#186 of 227 Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 AM

YSM From what I can gather, the saying you've asked about is more likely a traditional saying than an attributable Hadith. Of course, this doesn't mean it's not good advice; just not a validated saying from Prophet Muhammad saws.

Kanga, I am a read/write kind of learner, and I recommend learning the letters one by one, then how they connect, and going from there. Still now, in order for me to learn a new Surah, I have to sit down and copy it in Arabic in order to remember it correctly. My Arabic is not good, but I did learn the basics of reading and writing when I was in Peace Corps training. I am terribly rusty and need to make time. Also, when you learn these letters, you will learn and internalize the concept of Arabic roots, which opens your mind to more intuitively understand and connect meanings of words. I am certain you can do it. One letter at a time, and give yourself a long learning curve. You're a busy mama, and working too. May Allah make it easy for you.

On BC, I have been using an IUD since dd was born. At the time, I would say it was a unilateral decision...I think dh wanted bc in theory, but is not interested enough in the subject to have a real opinion. At this point, I would happily remove and try again, but dh insists that we're good, no more...so I'm keeping it. I also accept that if Allah wills, there will be more, and no bc can stop a power like that. And, we know it happens from time to time. What I like about my IUD is that it doesn't interfere with my systemic hormones, it vastly reduces bleeding (I didn't miss a day of Ramadan this year), and I only need to update every 5 years. What I don't like is that, if I do want to stop, I need an office visit. But maybe that is a good thing.

My dh travels extensively and is home sometimes for a week, sometimes more, and then is gone sometimes for weeks (he is on the road right now). I don't think charting or any sort of "being careful" would be feasible in our situation...at the risk of TMI. So we're doing what seems to work, we are sincere in our intention, we are trying to guard ourselves and each other, and may Allah forgive us if we are in error.
#187 of 227 Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
Kanga, I am a read/write kind of learner, and I recommend learning the letters one by one, then how they connect, and going from there. Still now, in order for me to learn a new Surah, I have to sit down and copy it in Arabic in order to remember it correctly. My Arabic is not good, but I did learn the basics of reading and writing when I was in Peace Corps training. I am terribly rusty and need to make time. Also, when you learn these letters, you will learn and internalize the concept of Arabic roots, which opens your mind to more intuitively understand and connect meanings of words. I am certain you can do it. One letter at a time, and give yourself a long learning curve. You're a busy mama, and working too. May Allah make it easy for you.
thank you so much for this advice and encouragement. writing things down does tend to help me—plus, i think Arabic is so pretty to look at. learning even the most basic writing would feel, i suspect, very satisfying.

thanks to all of you for this forum, where i have learned so much and received much help.

#188 of 227 Old 10-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Assalamu ALaikum:

A friend sent me this revert story. It's absolutely hilarious (and Alahamdullialh wonderful).

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxzI...ayer_embedded#!

Oh... has anybody bought the Aamina doll? I was thinking of getting it for DD for Eid. Personally, I don't think it's that great looking--but she saw it, and was like..."Oh Mommie...look at the beautiful doll. She has a hijab just like you?" http://www.islamicbookstore.com/a5396.html

#189 of 227 Old 10-31-2010, 01:49 AM

You could always find a doll that you do like the look of and make some hijabs for her, and have your daughter help you make them. If your daughter really likes the doll though, maybe it would be great for her!

#190 of 227 Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM

A friend of mine bought the doll for Eid for her daughter with a similar name. It's big. It's cute, and if you were looking to buy something similar, but want a Muslim-friendlier option, it seemed pretty well made. Not cheap-seeming at all. You can turn the talk option on and off, I think.

Drove pretty far to attend an aqiqa for a family I'd never met and had a really nice time. Made me want to do more to make my home beautiful. It was also really nice to meet such gentle people.
#191 of 227 Old 10-31-2010, 01:03 PM

recently took a look on etsy for a friend, and look what i found:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60182813/muslim-barbie-wrap-dress-with?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=barbie+hijab&ga _search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

modest Barbie dress with hijab

#192 of 227 Old 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Thanks Mamas.

YSM-We've tried making a few hijabs and abayas for her dolls. I'm not a great seamstress though... although DD doesn't seem to mind.

Kangamitroo--That is very cute and tempting. I may actually buy it for her Barbie so that Barbie can have new clothes for Eid too.

#193 of 227 Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

I thought I'd share a few things I found today online while looking for Eid coloring pages for my kids.

1. "My ABCD Eid Book" is a cute book that you can print out. It's the English alphabet..but references are made to various things in different Muslim country's cultures. (e.g. L includes lassi.)

http://www.ad-duha.org/freezone/asse...Eid_Book_3.pdf

2. The website that houses that book has a lot of fun free stuff. www.ad-duha.org

3. These du'a posters are great. You can print them out for free. Good for reverts and kids alike.
http://www.mini-mumin.com/Downloads.html

I also found one more site, but now I can't find it. Insha'Allah, I'll post it soon.

The kids and I made an Eid countdown calendar today. Nothing major... construction paper saying "Days Until Eid"...and the kids all decorated index cards with a number on it. I then paper-clipped the pile of index cards to the construction paper and put it on the 'fridge.

#194 of 227 Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 AM

umsami, I like the posters. I'm feeling creative again (just dialed down my job and that's what happens when I stop working), and I'd like to make decorative wallhangings of some sort for various rooms in our home. If I can incorporate du'ah that's appropriate to the activity of the room...I like. These, and various Names or other forms of dhikr, I think. Now I need to think on media.

kanga, how's the arabic going? I am also using quranexplorer.com to learn more quran. This, insha-Allah!, will be your next step after deciphering the letters.

Mamas here fasting for Dhul-Hijjah? I want to select a day or two and fast. I feel like I need some preparation, even though it's only about an 11-hour fast.

Eid is coming fast! Dh is busy preparing, helping brothers find their sacrifice. We slaughter our own, and usually have friends and family come to the farm. We grill liver and caul, drink tea and eat sweets. I think I've mentioned the unique Eid prayers our community has: We meet at a roller rink for prayers, set up a brunch buffet for afterward, and after takbir, sermon and prayers, people strap on skates and they fire up the cotton candy and slushy machines and put nasheeds on the sound system. It's always a hoot to see.

What are your Eid plans?
#195 of 227 Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 AM

Assalamu Alaikum:

We also made an Eid candy countdown calendar. Basically, I took curling ribbon and each kid tapes/tied a piece of candy for each of the 1st days of Dhul-Hijja on it. Then, after dinner each night, they get to cut off a piece.

Alhamdullilah, that...as well as the countdown calendar and the Lap
book we are working on has made them all very excited about Eid. I'm annoyed that even though I ordered it 10 days ago from IslamicBookstore, I don't know if I'm going to have the doll in time for Eid for my daughter. I can't really afford to buy her an additional doll--so I either have to cancel my order with them and go buy something here, or just wait and hope.

DH has been fasting. Insha'Allah, I'm going to try and fast on the 9th and see how it goes. DS3 is still so young (2 months) that I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle the thirst aspect. I may just go vegan for the day or something like that. Probably not counted by Allah(swt)--but still makes me feel more of a part of the ummah.

Your Eid prayers sound like a lot of fun. This will be our first time attending Eid prayers in this community--so I don't know what to expect. I already told the kids' teachers that they'll be absent on Tuesday. DH is taking the morning off, but can't take the full day. So, my guess is we'll do Eid prayers and maybe go out to IHOP or something after prayers before DH goes to work. Then, Insha'Allah, I'll take the kids to Chuck E Cheeses or something before I go home to make fattah (Egyptian beef, rice, pita bread, and tomato dish) for when DH gets home. We do presents more than clothes/shoes for Eid, so I'm sure a good part of the day will be spent with the kids playing with their gifts.

#196 of 227 Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 AM

Salaam alaykum sisters hearts.gif

Umsami, I love your cute ideas for how you get the kids excited about Eid. Mashallah I really admire you! I have to be honest....I've really dropped the ball on this one. I got my period right at the beginning of Dhul Hijja, which was kind of a bummer. But, God is Good and Kind, and today (Arafah) I don't have it. Alhamdulillah! So I am trying to fast redface.gif I think I will put up our Eid Banner and twinkle lights today....

1jooj.....I LOVE your Eid Prayers! Mashallah, what a perfect blend of spirituality/reverence and celebration. This makes it really special for the kids. There was a Muslim comedian that performed here a while back and was joking about how Muslim kids see Christmas toys and that holiday, and see all the free candy on Halloween, and we tell them their holiday is Eid.....and then on Eid we take them to an empty parking lot and tell them "Smile! It's Eid!" hehehehe ROTFLMAO.gif

Anyway, Happy youm ul arafah, Eid Mubarak, May Allah bless you all

xoxo

#197 of 227 Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM

Blessed Eid, Sisters! wool.gif

I hope your holidays are lovely, with a great group for prayers, fun parties and a renewed sense of community and the peace that can only be had in submitting to the will of Allah swt!

We had a truly exceptional Eid this year. I didn't have time for preparations, being called in to work last week and working over the weekend and Monday, only having Eid off because of my insistence. I'm glad I stood up for myself. In years past, dh has had to work the holiday and it was such a depressing thing! We got up and gave gifts to our children (very small and simple), showered and dressed for prayers, made it early for Takbira, and the prayers were FULL! Muslims from 3 congregations met at the roller rink. It was chaos, but so good to see so many together. heartbeat.gif

We always leave the brunch on the early side, and head home to prepare for our slaughter. We did, and soon our guests began streaming in. And guess what? Even though I had no chance to cook and clean and bake and decorate, it was wonderful! (Go figure, right?) My dear friend dropped off food in advance, and I bought fruit and cheese and bread and nuts, and we made tea and coffee, and my other dear friend brought the amazing sheep cake that has become an annual tradition. The slaughter was done, the carcass taken to the chop shop and it will be distributed by Friday. The weather was sunny and mild for November, so no frozen hands. And we sat and visited until people were falling asleep. Then the kids dutifully did their homework, and today I sent them off, dh went off to work, and I will clean up the mess.

But mostly, dh and I are just thankful that we have a home where people feel welcome to come and make Eid a strong tradition and a real holiday. We had a house full of kids playing together, and sisters and brothers working together on the slaughter, making and serving tea, visiting and joking and having a truly, truly good time. This really and truly was our best Eid ever--achieved without a new outfit, without a clean house, without expensive gifts. Nothing was "perfect," and the day was perfect! Allahu Akbar!

Love to my sisters, and Eid Mubarak!

#198 of 227 Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM

1jooj, I am glad to hear that you had a truly blessed Eid. It sounds like there was Baraka in the whole day. Thanks for sharing it with us, it makes me feel like I was there. And as far as the sheep cake goes....that is so cute. I really hope I can remember to do something like that next Eid.

#199 of 227 Old 11-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Assalamu Alaikum Everybody:

Eid Sayeed!  I'm so happy that everybody seems to have had a nice Eid.  Alhamdullilah, the khutbah at the masjid we attended was really good--and it was so nice not to be asked for money on Eid prayer. (In the past, most of the masjids I've gone to have used Eid as fundraising blackmail... they won't start the Eid prayers until they get so much $$ in donations.)

ljooj--I love the sheep cake! We've made sheep cut-out sugar cookies before, but they always look sort of homely. (Tasty, though.)  This year I just did a typical Egyptian dessert which is baklava with custard inside rather than nuts.  I have to remember to look for sheep-related items in the post-Easter sales.

My daughter's Aamina doll arrived in time and I have to say, it is by far the nicest "Muslim" toy I've bought to date.  The quality is excellent--and she's very cute.  Totally soft and cuddly--yet she recites Qur'an and various other things in a clear, child's voice.  Easily on par with dolls made by big manufacturers.  The best part is that she does everything in Arabic and English--so my daughter is learning both.  Recitation is excellent, too.  Has both Surah Al Fatiha and Al Ikhlas--in both Arabic and English.  There are also these cute little songs that she sings.  Really good gift.  I debated about buying it as it was so expensive--but I don't regret it now.  There's a boy version called Yousuf as well.

Do you guys try and make Eid last all of the days at your house? I only kept the kids home on Tuesday, but have been trying to do special desserts/foods each day.  We also held off on some presents.  What do you do?

#200 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 AM

So, there's a picture of a woman wearing hijab on the front page of mothering.com! hijab.gif Nice!

But.....it's the picture for the article about Vitamin D deficiency (figures) rolleyes.gif Which I actually think we all should be aware of. My hijabi friend and I in college actually felt such a craving for vitamin D that we went to tanning beds! And I must say, I wish I had a private backyard so I could sit out in the sun and not have to cover. I hear sunflower seeds are a good source of vitamin D, but in my opinion, nothing beats the feeling of some healthy rays.

Here's the article (I haven't read the whole thing yet - its a lit review)

http://www.mothering.com/breastfeeding/sunlight-deficiency-review-literature

How do you get your Vitamin D?

#201 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 07:53 AM

I was diagnosed as severely D deficient about a year ago... I ended up having to take 100,000 IU per week for about 8 weeks to raise my levels to the normal range... and I lived in Florida at the time.  These days, I'm on a 5,000 IU/day maintenance dose--and I need to be checked every 6 months.  Now, that I'm up north, I'm probably going to have to increase my dose even more during the winter. 

#202 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM

We've got 10 acres around us, and gardens to work in the summer. I work outside in short sleeves right along with my dh. We both have a hard time with SAD, and both of us get it pretty severely--almost manic in spring and summer, and really, really low in January/February. Last year, I started Vit D, and it was like night and day. It really helped me stay on an even keel, and even the May mania wasn't as pronounced when it came.

This year, I bought cod liver oil for myself, and have been feeding it to the kids when I can, and dh started taking it when he caught a cold. He won't take a pill, but he's been willing to swallow a Tbsp of CLO daily, and I think I can already see a difference in him. Normally, he is asleep shortly after 'isha (5:45 these days) once the days shorten, and this has only happened once so far.

I also still have D tablets, which I crush and add to breakfast smoothies. We also have free-range chickens for our eggs, and we eat sardines about once a week in winter. The kids drink a gallon or more of milk weekly. I think we probably put up a pretty good store in summer, but I'll definitely continue to supplement, even if I have to be sneaky about it.

But I think dh must also be noting a difference in how he feels. I found him researching "huile de foie de morue" this morning. thumb.gif

#203 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I've never really been an urbanite, or at least not an urbanite without private balconies, rooftops, and/or enclosed yards, so I've always gotten quite a bit of sun outside around the house.  We also eat quite a lot of fish, eggs, and typically buy fortified milk. 

#204 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 02:09 PM

Assalaamu alaykum everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post

I've never really been an urbanite, or at least not an urbanite without private balconies, rooftops, and/or enclosed yards, so I've always gotten quite a bit of sun outside around the house.  We also eat quite a lot of fish, eggs, and typically buy fortified milk. 

Get a blood draw at your next physical, though, sis, because it's shocking how low most of us are on D (hijabi or not.)  I've had non-hijabi friends who tested way lower than I did when I wore niqab, and mine was in the toilet at 20.  I take a crazy amount of D now because of my malabsorptive surgery, but before surgery I needed about 7000 IUs of supplemental D3 in addition to a decent diet just to maintain middling levels of D in the 40s.

And now, to everyone, my salaams and salutations.  :D  I've been silent on this thread, I think, but I do check in now and then.  Expecting my second child any time now (EDD 12/6) so make duaa for me.  Hope everyone had a nice holiday season.

Amm

#205 of 227 Old 11-27-2010, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaarah View Post

Assalaamu alaykum everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post

Get a blood draw at your next physical, though, sis, because it's shocking how low most of us are on D (hijabi or not.)  I've had non-hijabi friends who tested way lower than I did when I wore niqab, and mine was in the toilet at 20.  I take a crazy amount of D now because of my malabsorptive surgery, but before surgery I needed about 7000 IUs of supplemental D3 in addition to a decent diet just to maintain middling levels of D in the 40s.

And now, to everyone, my salaams and salutations.  :D  I've been silent on this thread, I think, but I do check in now and then.  Expecting my second child any time now (EDD 12/6) so make duaa for me.  Hope everyone had a nice holiday season.

Amm

I should, yeah.  I'm bad about physicals in general ... I'm more of a "roll into the office once a symptom turns up and gets unbearable," which I know isn't a good thing.

#206 of 227 Old 11-28-2010, 01:00 PM

1jooj, I love hearing your perspective -- the farm life! I worry about getting SAD if we ever move; where we are now is where I grew up and there is over 300 days of sunshine a year. Still, I'm a hijabi and I definitely seek out private spots to sit in the sun from time to time.

I didn't know all the things you ladies listed are good sources of vitamin D. So, milk, fish, eggs, cod liver oil, supplements? I am wondering about supplements though - are they hard to digest? What time of day do you take them? I try to take calcium supplements when I can, and I'm still taking prenatals since I'm still nursing, but I find the calcium supplement pills to be a little heavy to digest. When is the best time of day to take those?

I agree that getting your blood drawn at a physical is smart. You should definitely make an appointment and have it done. It can really be a great look at your health and give you info about yourself that you didn't know (cholesterol levels, vitamin deficiencies, white blood cell count (immune system/cancer indicator) etc. Spread the word!

Salaam Ammaarah! May you and your new baby be blessed and healthy and have a safe, blessed birth inshallah. We've got some new babies making their appearance in our extended family - subhanallah! I still can't wrap my head around that fact that new human beings just "arrive" on earth!

#207 of 227 Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the reminder, YSM. I'm not great about getting checkups either, and have been getting those automatic phone messages from my provider, telling me it's time. I need to just schedule the thing and get it done.

On calcium, I was recently listening to The People's Pharmacy and they were discussing a study suggesting that calcium intake doesn't actually correlate with better bones/health. It came back to the subject of D, as well, but people cultures that don't eat much dairy were measuring stronger bones than those who do. Lots of power in the energy of the sun, subhanallah!

Salams and hugs, Amaarah, and prayers for a healthy and beautiful birth, insha-Allah!

#208 of 227 Old 12-01-2010, 08:23 PM

salaams, mamas.  i have been too busy, too low on time for study, for really focused prayer....or even for escaping into a novel.  my prayers lately are a desperate "Allah knows best"--meaning, i would not have this job unless i was supposed to.

i was thinking that i could turn my abominable commute to my advantage by trying language cds.  has anyone used the Living Language programs before?  they are very reasonably priced.  (my dh actually suggested i could do Rosetta Stone Arabic, but realistically we need the $ for winter clothes, more practical things.)

Jo--i did not give proper replies earlier, but i so enjoyed reading about your celebrations.

peace be upon you all.

#209 of 227 Old 12-03-2010, 06:15 AM

I was recently looking into Rosetta Stone for my children. Reading the reviews and the cost, I decided against it for now, based on our needs and what we have available. I think it is a similar method to how Peace Corps teaches at pre-service training, which is very effective BUT totally conversational/functional in nature. That's something my dh could do as easily with them--and for conversation, we have another language they need to learn first. That said, you'd likely begin to pick up the concepts of roots and how they are expressed as nouns/verbs/adjectives, which goes a long way toward helping you understand spoken/recited Arabic. It would help you tune your ears to the language, which is hard to do in most of the language classes in our local mosques (because they are not taught be speakers of the language, but are intended for recitation).

No matter what you do, your intention will pay dividends and you WILL progress from where you are now, insha-Allah.

#210 of 227 Old 12-03-2010, 01:10 PM

Have you checked your local library?  I was happily surprised to find out that mine had a few of the Pimsleur Arabic courses.  There's also a bunch of stuff (for free :)) on YouTube.  LiveMocha may also have stuff as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page