January Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's 29 degrees, so we're going out into the cold. We have lots to do today. I have a surprise for my ds. We're getting him another musical instrument. A drum set. He's been playing his batman house with dh's Rockband drumsticks. Which would give him a lap harp, piano, and drums LOL.

I'm getting myself a head scarf. When I don't feel like doing my hair, I cover my head with a scarf. My old one has gone to the place of overused head scarves. Hope all is having a lovely day.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 04:36 PM

I want Monday to come. I need businesses to be open so I can take care of some VERY crucial things. Sigh.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 01-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Subbing.

Valérie   
Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 PM

I can not keep up with you all, but I appreciate the help that many of you gave me NYE. Part of this is a copy and paste from my answer to one of the PM's I recieved

What we did was fill a glass bowl with water, a bit of sea salt, a rose quartz and an agate. we took our bowl out and all held it as we danced in a circle and sang along with "The Full Moon song" Then we placed the bowl on the snow covered ground and held hands and dnaced and sang around it to "The Full Moon song" again, Maia also added a pinch of freshly fallen snow. after that we placed it on the outside table and each made a wish/request to the moon goddess to bless our water tonight so that we may use it for healing, blessing, and gifting to our friends. In the morning we will bring it in to thaw, remove our charged crystals, bless each member of our family for the coming year, and portion it out into the special glass bottles we store it in (we have various spice jars that seal nicely. some bottles we gift to those with similar spiritual beliefs, the largest portion we keep for use amongest our family. Maia has said from a very young age that she has special healing powers that she can share with others by laying her hands on them, and i have seen it happen with people, sickly animals, and plants & trees. she is an amazing girl who happened to be born under a full moon! We use our moon water to bless our home, our family, and Maia will rubb it into my major pain locations while passing her healing power to me (I have Crohn's and fibromyalgia) we also add a few drops to a few tablespoons to juice when any of us are sick.

Thank you for locating the info for me, she has been super energy charged this whole week, a full moon ( especially a blue moon/moon after yule), a partial solar eclipse, and new year's eve, all occuring on the same day has really left my whole family feeling a major energy rush!

New Year Day morning we went out to bring our bowl in, it was frozen and had a beautiful dusting of freshly fallen snow flakes on top so each girl was able to observe the uniqueness of nature's addition to our Moon Water also. After it thawed, we seperated it into our glass bottles and have plans to gift some of them to some special families in our lives. I have been feeling particularily stressed and overwhelmed lately and it just so happened that all of the Moon Water fit into our jars except for one wine glass full so I sipped it and focused on letting that all go for the New Year!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Maiasaurus- I ordered his ring from this company http://www.badalijewelry.com/rune.htm They offer silver, gold and platinum. Obviously, the pricing on the golds and platinums are high, but the silver is only $59. Being able to personalize it for my DH was and is so meaningful to us. And being able to have the band be plain on the outside keeps it private and personal to us
Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 PM

mommyto3threegirls--that sounds likea beautiful ritual!

the proprietor of the local pagan shop told me today that she'd like to start having open circles at her store in the springtime. I'm soooo excited, as the last ritual I went to just fell flat to me. She also wants others to lead circles, instead of it always being her, which is what I was hoping she would say!

Anyway, my goals for the new year, in keeping with my word of PURPOSEFUL, are to get back into my studies so I can make progress toward my degree, and get back into a more spiritual frame of mind. I'd also like to compost

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 PM

I'm trying to sell some pagan(ish) kids books (from my personal collection) and am trying to find the best way to go about it.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:18 PM

I think I am going to ask dh to do a spell with me, we are getting along as friends more than as partners and I miss that. We aren't communicating well and I feel rather sad about it. Need to pull out a spell book

Chatty ladies- my computer plug is faulty, so I am sharing a computer with dh. I am so behind.

I loved reading about the rituals for the blue moon/new year !

I am know I missing things- Peace and health to all!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Obviously, the pricing on the golds and platinums are high, but the silver is only $59. Being able to personalize it for my DH was and is so meaningful to us. And being able to have the band be plain on the outside keeps it private and personal to us
They're beautiful! I wish there was some similar thing in Latin or something that's not runes, or even English. I bet there is, if I look. I love that you have them personalized on the inside!

M's grandson, age 7, got rushed to the hospital a little while ago with breathing problems. He hasn't had them before, but has had a cold for a couple weeks. I'm thinking pneumonia, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers for a little while. M and his DD (little M's mom) are pretty freaked out, and with good reason. I am going to go light a candle for him right now. Poor little guy; I really hope it all turns out alright.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Maia- There's an irish store in the Natick Collection (mall). I was just browsing there the other day and they had some beautiful wedding ring sets that were surprisingly affordable.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:59 PM

I decided my word would be Advancement! I like progress, but didn't want to use the same word :sheepish:

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I think I am going to ask dh to do a spell with me, we are getting along as friends more than as partners and I miss that. We aren't communicating well and I feel rather sad about it. Need to pull out a spell book
((hugs)) mama. I am sure it is just a phase and will run it's course. My DH and I went through a phase like that. You know when life has just got you running it is sometimes our relationship with our partner that takes the hit. I hope he will work a spell with you.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Super cold here too. The kind that just takes your breath away. Gotta get cracking and finish this wool vest for my soon-to-be-commuting to work again hubby.

For the cross-stitchers, I finally posted pix of a big project I finished and sent off to my mother for christmas, here's a link: http://attachlings.wordpress.com/201...daily-posting/

That was a long project both because of the many interruptions and because of the serious level of detail. But it turned out so nice. I actually finished it last winter, but not before christmas so I saved it.

toodles,

Maryhippie.gif

Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I think I may have gotten too excited about the new apartment. It's pretty pricey and I'm not sure that will work out. Wish it wasn't the weekend... I want to know if it's possible NOW.

I did some research on the school district and have heard good things (for special needs children.) So if I do move there, it'll be nice to know that I could try public school with Roo in the fall (if his immune system picks up.)
I'll think good thoughts for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Any plans for the weekend? Me, well I have to clean my house, basic chores, but the place needs a scrubbing!

My dog Nikki is old, and I think she is slowing down, getting ready to move on She's been/she is such a good dog.
Aw poor pup, it's awesome that you found her though and gave her a fabulous life full of love and scratches behind the ears

Weekend plans here, yesterday we hung out at home and did a bit of holiday undecorating and misc stuff with the kids. Played a game of wii bowling including all 4 of us (that are old enough to play anyway) and it was a hoot. The boys want to do it again tonight I think we'll take the tree down this afternoon, or at least undecorate it and let the boys help put christmas to rest for the year... and take it apart tonight. I have decided the treadmill is going to take it's place in that part of the dining/family room Since it got hot here, it has not been used at all as it was out in the hot garage!

And must email real estate agent as our air conditioner is blowing lukewarm air... it was gassed several months ago and the guy thought it might have a leak, but didn't want to have to go tearing out bricks if he didn't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Cross stitch is very meditative, isn't it!

Then I taught myself to knit and haven't looked back. These days the embroidery floss only comes out when we're doing a craft that needs embellishment. Ah well. I think I'll wait until the hot weather of summer and give it another go. During those days when it is too hot to want to handle yarn, maybe I'll get it out. Plus I need lots of strong, natural sunlight to distinguish those similar tones.
Back in the day (before little ones around) I could x stitch for hours on end... I'm hoping that Quinn is old enough that he will allow me to work alittle without being a pain about it I can do basic knit stitch... sorta I am going to wait till it cools off here (say april or may) to pick it up and try again.

Quote:
Morning!
My dear hubby is almost to the end of his time off. He's been with us since 12/20 (two days he worked from home because of the snow storm) and it has been lovely.
We've had dh since the 24th and it's been wonderful Even if cash is going to be mighty tight between now and the 28th of this month because of it.. it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
And even when I do-- like yesterday, I took DS breaks and played with him all day long, and at the end of the day, he was just as clingy and needy as if I had done nothing but ignore him all day. What should I do??
Not a single mum, but both dh & I notice this with our boys too. It's almost like the more you give, the more they want. No advice, just commisseration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
It's 29 degrees,

I'm getting myself a head scarf. When I don't feel like doing my hair, I cover my head with a scarf. My old one has gone to the place of overused head scarves. Hope all is having a lovely day.
Brave mama buying drums... but at him playing 'things' with sticks all over Several other pagan mamas here wear headscarves of one sort or another as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Psst- check the fb group for my latest post.
EEK, I really hope you manage to get it worked out hun!

Tis raining here... hubby was planning to wash his work van and clean out the inside of it Not gonna happen now! Kids are watching smurfs (let's hear it for old school cartoons!) and I'm considering commencing a seige to my bedroom. The closet is a disaster from all the xmas bags and such I'm going to head in there, light the wooonderful mocha scented candle mum gave me (thing has been used to death, but is still half full ) and get to work!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 01-03-2010, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
maia - can't find the URL now but dh has been searching for titanium rings (indestructible metal yet lightweight) and happened upon a site that has PURE titanium for really cheap - like $60 per ring (most sites charge at least double and apparently aren't pure titanium)... they had some lovely designs, laser engraving - inside or out - and would even accept custom designs for not too much more than their regular offerings.

when dh emerges from his stress session in the basement (blowing up things on the computer), i'll see if he can hunt down that URL...

(i think it is http://www.ckjewels.com/index.html )

somebody mentioned a dog that is nearing the end.... i'm in a similar situation with our remaining cat. she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and a secondary cardiomyopathy (i.e., enlarged heart and murmur) back in october. she's not that old for a cat - 9.5 yrs - but her brother died last february from a kitty stroke (well, correction - he had a stroke and went downhill so we used his cues to request euthanasia)... now i'm watching this little old lady literally starve. she can only tolerate half her dose of meds so the thyroid is still overactive but at least she's not showing usual icky symptoms. she's eating and using the litterbox but she's maybe 5 lbs now (before her morning constitutional!) - and she once upon a time weighed 10lbs!... become really picky about food and will only drink water out of the toiler (ew). labored breathing.... but she isn't hiding yet like her brother was before we made the call to the vet. i don't quite feel like i'm on a death watch but we're taking it week by week....

while it popped into my head... does anyone have any good pagan bedtime prayers for kids that they would be willing to share? i only know the usual Christian ones...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
but don't all marriages wax and wane from time to time? maybe he's in a bit of a funk? maybe it's the post holiday blahs....

anyhow, you might try a love bath in which to work your spell: http://cattrashadowsmagickalworld.bl...love-bath.html

Old 01-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
while it popped into my head... does anyone have any good pagan bedtime prayers for kids that they would be willing to share? i only know the usual Christian ones...
Poor kitty I hope she passes quietly & peacefully when she's ready to go.

Re bedtime prayers... here's one I googled up
Quote:
Bedtime Prayer

author unknown

Day is done, it's time for bed
Goddess bless my sleepy head
Earth and Water, Air and Fire
Bring gentle dreams as I retire
When the morning sun does rise
The God will bless my open eyes
Isn't that just too sweet?

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 01-03-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Anybody else? Do your kids drive you nuts with wanting you for a playmate? I dunno-- I loved it when DS was little, but now that he's older, I want my adult time back. It makes me feel like Bad Mommy that I don't want to play with my son anymore. Am I Bad Mommy? Do any of you feel like that? Why does my DS seem needier now than when he was little? I'm so frustrated! I just want to do MY stuff. I don't want to play foosball or whatever And even when I do-- like yesterday, I took DS breaks and played with him all day long, and at the end of the day, he was just as clingy and needy as if I had done nothing but ignore him all day. What should I do??
Not a single mom here but YES i get this all the time.

we have few kids in our neighborhood that are ds's age. i also don't know the other daycare parents very well (how can you, when you're swooping in to drop off or pick up only to race off to work or home?), so i feel like i'm imposing whenever i try to set up a playdate. i also don't have him in activities yet though i'm thinking that next fall we have to start with something - he's got this whole "i don't like leaving the house - i only like playing with my toys" thing going on that i'd like him to overcome.

ds has had 2 weeks of mom and dad (well, more mom than dad) plus cousins and grandparents for one of those weeks, and now he's anxious about going back to "school" (daycare/preschool) on monday. "I just like being with you" is what he cried out this evening. i'm dreading the upcoming drop-off.

we're also trying to nudge him out of the family bed and into his own bed (a work in progress, going on a year almost) but tonight, tucking him into his bed, he started crying and saying that he just gets lonely and doesn't like sleeping alone. then it dawned on me - he's never slept alone for naps (there's always been a passel of kids at daycare) and until almost a year ago, he slept exclusively in our room.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 AM

night rituals:

Quote:
I see the moon and the moon sees me
I bless the moon and she blesses me
(while kissing your thumb and lifting it towards the moon, an old sicilian folk tradition)

Quote:
Goddess flood my path with light,
illuminate my darkest night
bless my folk and bless my space
grant me peace and love and grace
dok- dear lords and ladies of light, ABUNDANCE!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 01-03-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Are any of the rest of you single parents of one child? DOK, I know you are. Anybody else? Do your kids drive you nuts with wanting you for a playmate? I dunno-- I loved it when DS was little, but now that he's older, I want my adult time back. It makes me feel like Bad Mommy that I don't want to play with my son anymore. Am I Bad Mommy? Do any of you feel like that? Why does my DS seem needier now than when he was little? I'm so frustrated! I just want to do MY stuff. I don't want to play foosball or whatever And even when I do-- like yesterday, I took DS breaks and played with him all day long, and at the end of the day, he was just as clingy and needy as if I had done nothing but ignore him all day. What should I do??
i am, mostly. (i have another child, i raised but he is older and hasnt lived with use since he was ten. very confusing?)

in order to be a "good mom" (what is that anyway?) you need adult time. everyone does. you need to recoup, to settle your brain. if you dont do that then your over whelmed. really? find something you both enjoy. and go fully into it. then when you get your me time, your not overwhelmed and icky.........i could go on and on.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 AM

I am making it a point to celebrate ALL the sabbats this year. I started with Yule, and I am looking forward to Imbolc.

I made a few resolutions, but the one thing I did not do this year was say I was going to lose weight. I just said I wanted to like myself and be happy in my body. How ever that was going to happen.

i want to make more dolls, knit better, not procrastinate so badly that it makes me look like a bad friend. Finally get my business up and going so I can work from home. And finally I want to really figure out my marriage. I have a wonderful husband and we have been togethe rfor 8 years, but married two. The past 3 years have been hell and I want us both to be happy. I don't know where to turn to with him and I just need to think about it.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM

Went out for coffee with dh and am now zinging -- too much caffeine too late. At least I'll get some stuff done tonight that has been weighing on me.

Love your moonwater story, Mamaofthree. And the night verse you found, Cari.

Also, thanks everyone for sharing all the Y2K stories! And words for the year -- loved reading all of them.

[QUOTE=wombatclay;14874751]night rituals:

(while kissing your thumb and lifting it towards the moon, an old sicilian folk tradition)

QUOTE]

This reminds me of a nursery rhyme we've always said as a blessing for absent friends and family when we see the moon (often when going in the car at night)

"I see the moon
And the moon sees me
And the moon sees somebody I'd like to see
God bless the moon
And god bless me
And god bless the somebody I'd like to see."

A more appropriate pagan version would change the "god" to "goddess" I guess, but that's how we originally read it so that's how we say it.

My 3 yr old told me last night that "The moon told me it's time to go to bed, mommy!"
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf View Post
not procrastinate so badly that it makes me look like a bad friend. .
Wishing you luck with all your resolutions, and especially this one, as it really resonates with me, too.

Also, thanks for the wonderful yule cards. They are still coming and I plan to leave them up until Imbolc when thoughts start to turn towards spring.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
gun

Hi everyone!!! Good morning to you all!

DD is giving up naps and yesterday afternoon was challenging but it was pretty smooth overall. No naptime struggle and she went to sleep early!! I hope today goes just as smooth.

Handcrafts/ needlwork - I used to enjoy embroidery before DD, but in the last 2 years my eyesight has diminshed and I finally have strong enough glasses to see fine things BUT even tho I am not a single mom, DD isn't really content unless she has crawled up inside on of my nostrils and we are in the midst of some elaborate make believe. I don't mind the play, but the constant face to face gets overwhelming, hence the term 'barnacle baby.'

Animal friends - sorry to hear about your ailing pets Bluets and Redveg, (was there another here too? - forgive me, but I cannot recall). It is so hard to know when to make that decision.

Clay - like the Sicilian saying!!

Rings - I spoke with a massage client yesterday who is an independent jeweler, and he said he should be able to do exactly what we want!! Now off to hunt down pics for reference for him!!

Aeress - I understand about living like roommates. Sometimes days go by before DH and I can have a serious conversation. I know most of our trouble is from the aforementioned barnacle baby, and after she goes to bed we are usually exhausted. I hope that your connection is soon restored.

Peace- Heather
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Aw poor pup, it's awesome that you found her though and gave her a fabulous life full of love and scratches behind the ears
Thanks. I also need to move my treadmill to a place I will see it everyday. I think that might make me use it! Right now it's in the basement and it's cold down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
For the cross-stitchers, I finally posted pix of a big project I finished and sent off to my mother for christmas, here's a link: http://attachlings.wordpress.com/201...daily-posting/
Mary, oh my gosh! It's beautiful!! I can't believe the detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
somebody mentioned a dog that is nearing the end.... i'm in a similar situation with our remaining cat.
Poor baby hugs to her and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf View Post
I made a few resolutions, but the one thing I did not do this year was say I was going to lose weight. I just said I wanted to like myself and be happy in my body.
I wish I didn't have to lose weight, wish I didn't have to make this resolution to myself. I haven't made one so much as finally see that I can no longer wait until Monday! This is my year to take care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
My 3 yr old told me last night that "The moon told me it's time to go to bed, mommy!"
So cute!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Handcrafts/ needlwork - I used to enjoy embroidery before DD, but in the last 2 years my eyesight has diminshed and I finally have strong enough glasses to see fine things BUT even tho I am not a single mom, DD isn't really content unless she has crawled up inside on of my nostrils and we are in the midst of some elaborate make believe. I don't mind the play, but the constant face to face gets overwhelming, hence the term 'barnacle baby.'
love that term, barnacle baby. I'm totally stealing that for Quinn when he pulls his favourite 'reacha cuddle' when I'm RIGHT in the middle of something. (reacha cuddle means he wants on my lap for a hug ) He never wants to reacha cuddle when I'm watching tv.. noooo... It must be when I'm typing/writing something particularly inspired, or cooking, or trying to have a shower

Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Happy Sunday Morning mamas

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM

Trying to sell a bunch of stuff in order to make some quick money. Unfortunately, it's snowing again today and I doubt anyone is going to want to pick things up today. I need money NOW.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

DD is giving up naps and yesterday afternoon was challenging but it was pretty smooth overall.

<snip>

<snip>

Aeress - I understand about living like roommates. Sometimes days go by before DH and I can have a serious conversation. I know most of our trouble is from the aforementioned barnacle baby, and after she goes to bed we are usually exhausted. I hope that your connection is soon restored.
Naps: Whinnie turned 3 last month and gave up napping about 6 weeks before that. I was DREADING this time but then I remembered that when each of the boys stopped napping I was pregnant with their younger sibling and really needed that rest time myself. This time around it has gone so well. She's been going to sleep earlier and easier at bedtime. But I was really missing the 'alone time' that 1-2 hours smack in the middle of the afternoon.
But it is working well in that she is now refocused in her bedtime routine. I help her get ready for bed and brush teeth, then she picks out her books and snuggles in with Papa for reading. When they are done, it's lights out and she's usually asleep within 10 minutes. As they are doing the reading thing, I am making sure the boys have everything they need in their room. They get to choose when it is 'lights out' time and can stay up reading as long as they like as long as they are quiet. So from around 8:45 to whenever I decide I'm tired, I am ALL ALONE and loving it. Yes, I'd love it if hubby could join me and we could have some adult time, but he's an early bird who stops functioning well at about 9pm regardless of all other influences.

Barnacle Baby! I love it! I always called my eldest 'velcro baby' for similar reasons. I love him dearly and don't mean this as a criticism but he is STILL the most time-consuming and needy of all three children, at 10! He just needs a different level of parental involvement and it can be so exhausting. Thankfully his brother is finally old enough that they can have a different kind of relationship and really be buddies, otherwise I'd be loony.

And, yeah, we spend most of our lives being co-parenting roommates. There's very little time/space for that romantic connection, especially with his aforementioned 9pm narcolepsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Mary, oh my gosh! It's beautiful!! I can't believe the detail.
Thanks! Yeah, incredible detail, that's why it took so long. It was quite challenging to get all the little shade differences just right. But the satisfaction of looking at the finished product....
Of course that is where I need to find the satisfaction, as my mother has not acknowledged the gift, much less said anything like 'thank you.' I know she got the box...but hasn't said anything about the contents. (And we also sent her the children's handmade cards and decorations and the sugar cookies they decorated for her....sheesh...you'd think she'd at least say thank you for the sugar buzz... )

Maryhippie.gif

Old 01-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Thanks Ladies- I agree, we go through periods where we are more connected - I guess we were due. I helped dh look up stone and candle meanings and he did a ritual with me based on what resonated with him. I left him to start a bath and encouraged him to blow out the candles when he felt he was ready- he was still there when I hopped into the tub. This is great cause he will participate with me but not do rituals/meditate on his own. I like to burn down my candles during ritual but sadly not in my budget tlo buy any new right now. I love soy/beeswax candles.

Redveg- I have such a hard time saying goodbye to my animal friends! I hope when your pup is ready to pass that is peaceful and without pain.

Bluets- I hope your kitty is also able to pass when the time comes with peace and without pain.

DOK- *hugs* thinking of you!!!

Mary- that is beautiful!!!

If I can Erin to wear her new sweater, I will snap a pic of the sweater I made.

Ok, need to get ready for church

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

User Tag List