Good morning!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#3 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning and Happy New Year

Just wanted to say I am lovin the fb group!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#4 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Me too!

I've been thinking about the idea of a word for the year to come. Anyone else?

2009's word for me would have been TRANSFORMATION.

2010? Not sure yet. Maybe SELF-ACCEPTANCE.

Maryhippie.gif

#5 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 11:19 AM

My word may be: PROSPERITY

#6 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM

my words: FREEDOM, PEACE

Happy New Year!!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#7 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Mamaofthree- Add me as a friend on fb!

#8 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Happy New Year all!! Ohh a word for this year...good idea! I need to figure out a word.

The kids made it to about 10:30 and 11. Believe it or not the 8 yr old went down first, he asked to go to bed around 9:45, so we did our ringing in of the new year, and then they went to bed Dh and I went to bed shortly after midnight, it was a nice peaceful night.

But! When we went outside to do the sparklers w/ the kids I could see the Moon!!!! It cleared up just enough

I'm loving the facebook group too, thanks again gun!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#9 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 PM

Beautiful moon! I decided to just enjoy the light and not use it to charge anything since I have this really strong pull towards starting 2010 "fresh". I wonder if Tracy's moon article touches on this (should go re-read) because it's an almost overwhelming pull on me right now.

I think my words will be : PRIDE and ACCEPTANCE

It feels hard to say, the "good girl" part of my soul rebels at taking on such a "boastful" word. But last month's conversation got me thinking... I do a lot of stuff that I can be proud of. I get focused on what I'm not doing, what I don't do well, what I "should do" and as a result I spiral down into negativity and do-nothing-paralysis. But I am doing so much more than I was just a few years ago, and I'm growing all the time. So pride. And acceptance as the mirror image of that... accepting who and what and how, being proud.

Maia- sorry for the ring frustration but for the amazing relationship!

unschoolin- I'm sorry your family is being so dorky. Several of my friends are in long term poly relationships but only a few of them are out about it. Do you think that your extended family may come round given some time to process the news? When I told my mom I was pagan (after more than a decade ) I did it in a letter because I knew an in-person discussion would have been a disaster. It took her a month or so before she spoke with me again.

Hmmmmm.... 2010 marks the first year I've been openly pagan to the whole world. Wow. No wonder I feel pulled towards open/fresh/new.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#10 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Polyandry is how we live. Two men cater to me lol. I just got in from a fun night celebrating with my bff and it was nice to come home to them, have them take off my stilettos and then rub my feet while listening to how my night went.

Why can't people live and let live?
Sounds awesome to me I'm sorry about your family though

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Beautiful moon! I decided to just enjoy the light and not use it to charge anything since I have this really strong pull towards starting 2010 "fresh".

I think my words will be : PRIDE and ACCEPTANCE

When I told my mom I was pagan (after more than a decade ) I did it in a letter because I knew an in-person discussion would have been a disaster. It took her a month or so before she spoke with me again.
I just prayed last night really, but could really feel the power of the moon, and it was really, really cool!!

Great words!!

I can totally see myself having to put it in a letter, and wouldn't be surprised in the least if my mother decided not to speak to me for a while. Honestly, a little quite from her wouldn't be horrid! But I'll wait.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#11 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:01 PM

Happy New Year! Maybe this year I'll join in more!

Last year's word was probably MINDFUL, and this year I'll go for PURPOSEFUL.

Come ponder with me about food!
#12 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 PM

getting ready to bless the house, purge all the old stuff, clean clean clean and bring in the good energy.... now just to find the music! have a great day!!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#13 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Happy 2010! Can't say I'm just real torn up to see the end of 2009!

Funny story about last night. This pagan group that we looked into has a lot of members that get together on Friday nights. We've been hanging out there quite a bit for about the past 6 weeks or so, good people, lot's of fun, made some good friends already (well except for the guy that they recommended DH talk to about Northern Heritage. I had gotten DH a new Thor's Hammer that's sterling silver, nice, but smaller than norm. He picked it out and hey, it doesn't slam into me when he curls up with me at night! DH tried to talk to this guy and he totally blew him off - after the comment "Oh look. A little Thor's Hammer. How cute". Dude, it's not the size of your hammer....) Anyway, they had a get together last night, a few more people than usual, fun time. At least twice different people were bringing in a bottle of water left sitting on top of E's truck. He was charging it! So they'd have to take it back outside. Within 30 min, someone else would be bringing it in!

Love the FB group. I really see that taking off!

I've been trying to think of a word for 2010. Prosperity is a good one! LOL! I'm thinking PROGRESS. I've just started my druid training, we are hopeful that I'll be re-employed in the next month or two, we'd like to move when our lease is up in August, etc. All of this falls under "change" as well, but progress is more positive and moving in the right direction. Change probably would've been for last year, and it wasn't all good at all!

Oh, and in the category of it's the little things, the sky was CLEAR last night and we could see the moon!! It was beautiful! And for now at least the sun is out again. It was predicted to be overcast and cloudy all week, so I'm definitely happy!
#14 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Happy New Year!

May we all enjoy this fresh new year and all the peace, joy and love that will come

I was also strongly affected by this New Year/Blue Moon what a great way to get us pagans riled up? Spent the day out with family, and we got home about 9:30. I wasn't sure what was going to happen spiritual wise, but I wasn't anxious about not having a plan which in unusual for me. DP fell asleep putting the little to bed, and I had an amazing spontaneous ritual It was just beautiful and authentic. Part of it was burning/releasing/setting free my F#!* It journal. This was an ugly $1 store composition journal I kept for free writing. A lot of my heart and my pain was poured into it especially about 2 years ago (PPD and major life transformation). I've felt done with the journal for about a year now and was waiting to be called about what to do with it. Releasing it to the universe was perfect! Anyway, I'm feeling free and refreshed this morning. I just love hearing about others' experiences. Thanks for sharing

FB: I would love to join the private group, but I still haven't even joined FB I get really overwhelmed just thinking about it.

unschoolinmom-sorry your family is being this way But good for you for speaking your truth

Off to go dive into this new year

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#15 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Happy New Year

Last night I just sat under the moon, lit a candle and burned a bunch of pieces of paper with wishes for this new year. then I took the ashes, buried them and offered some honey to the tree. I strangely felt a lot better. Yesterday started off pretty nasty to.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#16 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!

We missed the moon last night due to snow. I hope I get a chance to see it tonight.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#17 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 02:37 PM

We have torrential snow right now... wish us luck since we have to drive into town (so dh can feed the cells and so we can pick up peas and a special treat).

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#18 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy New Year!

Congratulations on having the relationships that work for you unschoolin. I hope your family catches up to you and respects your happiness soon.

10 years ago was the millenial New Year's Eve. Where were you all then? I was watching an awesome fireworks display from a friends apartment in Toronto, nursing my1 yr old dd....

I love new years. I always look forward to celebrating the Chinese (lunar) New Year. I believe it is the Year of the Tiger coming up! Both dh and dd are tigers.

Enjoyed the moon last night. Have a jar of water, well, ice, outside charging. Bitter bitter cold last night and today here, so didn't make it outside much but did see the lovely navy blue sky, the bright, bright lady, and the shadows on the snow....

Did a spontaneous ritual from indoors during which time I learned that there is a lovely tree spirit living in the spruce across the street in a neighbor's yard. Can't see her today, but she was there as plain as plain last night. I should try to draw what I saw.

I was playing with words for 2010, mostly trying to find a synonym for `debt-free' that doesn't have the word "debt" in it. "Abundance" and "freedom" were the closest I came to, but neither was satisfying to me. A deficiency in the English language, the lack of the right word here...

Then I was about to give it up and thought of the word "light"....enlightenment, lightness of being, traveling light, release from burdens, energy, fire, maybe a few pounds lighter . Yeah, I could spend a whole year meditating on that word....I've gone to earth for a few years now; maybe it's time to bring more light/fire into my life.

So I asked dh, without revealing my word, what his word would be, and he unhesitatingly said "Splendour" -- never in a million years would I have expected that from him, but I think we're on the same wavelength! So we um... felt very brightly towards each other and in the middle of the afternoon, and (cannot stress my shock enough on this point) uninterrupted by children, too.

We are looking forward to a bright and joyfully transcendent year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Releasing it to the universe was perfect! Anyway, I'm feeling free and refreshed this morning. I just love hearing about others' experiences. Thanks for sharing
Your journal-burning is inspiring! I have a few things to burn but it was too cold for an outdoor fire and we have no fireplace.

Today, I'm going around the house and removing anything from the wall/display that says "old business/stressful relationships/problematic memories" for me.
#19 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
I've been trying to think of a word for 2010. Prosperity is a good one! LOL! I'm thinking PROGRESS. All of this falls under "change" as well, but progress is more positive and moving in the right direction.
I love it. Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
10 years ago was the millenial New Year's Eve. Where were you all then? I was watching an awesome fireworks display from a friends apartment in Toronto, nursing my1 yr old dd....

So I asked dh, without revealing my word, what his word would be, and he unhesitatingly said "Splendour" -- never in a million years would I have expected that from him, but I think we're on the same wavelength! So we um... felt very brightly towards each other and in the middle of the afternoon, and (cannot stress my shock enough on this point) uninterrupted by children, too.

We are looking forward to a bright and joyfully transcendent year...
I don't remember a lot of the 1999-2000 NYE. I do know I was home with my parents, but I can't remember for the life of me what I did. 2000-2001 was a GREAT NYE though. My favorite so far

Love your words, and you're joyous afternoon

I just organized my son's room. It looks SO much better in there. I was getting anxious being in there, no clue how he managed. But maybe that's why he's been so moody? Well, lets hope this year brings peace to this family because I am so tired of tantrums! I have lots of progress I want to make this year in a lot of areas in my life. And organization, and familial peace are two of the big ones

#20 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 03:51 PM

I'm going to look into moving to a different apartment. It's in a different town and completely different from the atmosphere I live in now. The new place is VERY new. It's a new BIG 'luxury' apartment complex. Because they are big, they are obligated by law to offer a certain number of those as 'affordable housing'. I'm going to check on Monday to see if it's possible. The new apartment has 1030 square feet which is HUGE compared to the one I have now. And it has 2 bathrooms.

The new complex has a free fitness room, media room, salt water pool (outdoor) and conference room.

I'd have to give up a neighborhood, suburb feel though. The new complex would definitely be more like city living.

#21 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
We have torrential snow right now... wish us luck since we have to drive into town (so dh can feed the cells and so we can pick up peas and a special treat).
Safety to you and your family

Bleh...I'm thinking Acceptance is also resonating with me for a word choice. Acceptance of all that is good, loving, peaceful and joyous. Also accepting that the darker/shadow side is an equal and important part of the journey. I don't have to like it, but I need to accept that it IS.For me, I am becoming increasingly aware that striving for an unachievable utopian existence sets me up for so much heartache and angry outbursts Of course in the moments I don't realize I'm doing it, but alas it is the truth.

Anyway, I don't think I'm explaining this well, but I think I'm onto something here. I shall let it all percolate for awhile

DOK-just read your post. The apartment sounds so cool! Good luck.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#22 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:

unschoolin- I'm sorry your family is being so dorky. Several of my friends are in long term poly relationships but only a few of them are out about it. Do you think that your extended family may come round given some time to process the news? When I told my mom I was pagan (after more than a decade ) I did it in a letter because I knew an in-person discussion would have been a disaster. It took her a month or so before she spoke with me again.

Hmmmmm.... 2010 marks the first year I've been openly pagan to the whole world. Wow. No wonder I feel pulled towards open/fresh/new.
Same here happened with me when I came out as Wiccan to my mother. I was 14 and she finally kind of accepted it this year at 28. But that's about it. She doesn't care much for anything else we do here and calls us hippies.

She actually once told me that I was too open minded for my own good! LOL.

This new year was fun. And my words for it are: Live, Love, and Laughter

As well as budgeting much better than I did the year before.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#23 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
getting ready to bless the house, purge all the old stuff, clean clean clean and bring in the good energy.... now just to find the music! have a great day!!

h

Eep! You're motivating me to clean today! NOOOO!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#24 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 04:44 PM

My word for 2010 is JUSTICE.

We're going to have to move in the spring sometime too so I'm purging and cleaning now. I'm hoping that some work now will make the process easier at the other end.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#25 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmmmm.... words for 2010. what a great idea. happppppy new years everyone!
involved. patient. interdependence. independence.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#26 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 07:55 PM

DH decided on FOCUS and COMPLETION. I think the house was pressing on his thoughts as well as some projects at the lab.

dok- hope the apt comes through! It sound lovely.

1999-2000 NYE: dh and I were living in Boston but we spent NYE in Ithaca with friends. They had just bought a home (a former church) and there were still bells up in the steeple. So we watched some of the fireworks and world displays, then at midnight we toasted with bubbly goodness and risked our necks climbing into the belfry to take turns ringing the bells. It was magical.

and on the very outside chance that people got y2k nutty, we figured it would be better in Ithaca than in Boston.

#27 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Evening mamas.

I couldn't think of a word, so I pulled a rune. I got Mannaz (the self) in Reverse. I think I am going to pull one at the beginning of every month and work on that.

#28 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
getting ready to bless the house, purge all the old stuff, clean clean clean and bring in the good energy....
h
I will be doing this tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
We missed the moon last night due to snow. I hope I get a chance to see it tonight.
Me too.
Quote:
Good luck, drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
My word for 2010 is JUSTICE.
My DH needs some of this!!

#29 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 08:09 PM

unschoolinmom, so sorry about your family. Maybe they just need a bit of time to come around?

i think it is so difficult to find and live what makes us happy, if you have that live it and they will come around when they see how happy your family is!

#30 of 892 Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Evening mamas.

I couldn't think of a word, so I pulled a rune. I got Mannaz (the self) in Reverse. I think I am going to pull one at the beginning of every month and work on that.
I really like this idea! I think I may have to borrow it.

We ended up with a sitter for tonight, so about an hour ago or so I had to discover my motivation and get to work on the house. It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you have the motivation for it! (It helps tremendously that the house wasn't completely trashed and had been picked up and cleaned for my mom's visit about a week ago!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page