Preparing for Treasure Map 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MeandK0610,

Sure, you can look at photos since it might inspire you in a way--- which is fine since it gets you thinking about the new year (New Year beginning in April, that is).

We will all have a lot of stuff come up between now and then and we'll be thinking about stuff we want but the truth is that the energy we are in is 2009. When we cross into Aries New Moon we begin the new year, it is a new wave of energy and that photo you loved back in February may not 'fit' after Aries New moon.

In terms of the 9 squares--- a lot of us use the Feng Shui baguas on our Treasure Map. The baguas represent all the areas of life. They are in the following pattern.

1-wealth, abundance
2-fame, how you are seen in the world
3-reletionships, partnerhip
4-family
5-health
6-creativity children
7-knowledge, traveling
8-work
9-spiritual/angel help

If you back to the this post---this should help:

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
MeandK0610,

Sure, you can look at photos since it might inspire you in a way--- which is fine since it gets you thinking about the new year (New Year beginning in April, that is).

We will all have a lot of stuff come up between now and then and we'll be thinking about stuff we want but the truth is that the energy we are in is 2009. When we cross into Aries New Moon we begin the new year, it is a new wave of energy and that photo you loved back in February may not 'fit' after Aries New moon.

In terms of the 9 squares--- a lot of us use the Feng Shui baguas on our Treasure Map. The baguas represent all the areas of life. They are in the following pattern.

1-wealth, abundance
4-family
5-health
6-creativity children
7-knowledge, traveling
8-work
9-spiritual/angel help

If you back to the this post---this should help:
thanks! it does help some. for the relationship category, is that only romantic relationships or could it be friend relationships?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

I tend to put my friends in my family bagua.
and working business partnerships I keep in work area.
I keep my relationship with my DH in relationship corner.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I tend to put my friends in my family bagua.
and working business partnerships I keep in work area.
I keep my relationship with my DH in relationship corner.
i was kind of hoping not to have a relationship with my husband starting in 2010. so i just wondered what to put there if there is no romantic relationship and no desire for one in this particular time frame.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

well, you don't have to put up dh but it would probably be a good idea to put up something that relfects something decent.

is it a pot of gold, is it something warm and cozy, is it a rainbow...i dunno all of that is straight from a bad hallmark card but you get what i am saying, something up there that does not have to be your dh but it just reflects something decent. And also, we have several months before Aries new moon...so let's see where you are at that time.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post
i was kind of hoping not to have a relationship with my husband starting in 2010. so i just wondered what to put there if there is no romantic relationship and no desire for one in this particular time frame.
what i need right now in my "relationship area" is wisdom, clarity and confidence to know what i want and to know how to act on it. i'll also take a bit of "feeling at peace with my decision"! i don't know what images will resonate with me at tm time, but i can guess - maybe a confident looking woman, maybe some tools to help navigate the unknown (compass, lantern), maybe some angels to carry everyone through the changes, whatever they may be. (or maybe by tm time, i will know what i want!)

if, by the time you are creating your tm, you know you will be ending your marriage, maybe your desires for your relationship will be things like balance, fairness, good communication, trust, healing. or maybe you won't want anything on there about your relationship at all, which is okay, too. i'm going to add to the "contents" of each bagua in my next post. i just wanted to say i'm in a similar place of uncertainty, but there are still things i know i do want - hth!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:

1-wealth, abundance
4-family
5-health
6-creativity children
7-knowledge, traveling
8-work
9-spiritual/angel help
i'm obsessed with making bagua maps (i do other people's houses just for fun!) and in my googling, i've come across some additional descriptions for the baguas. these are in addition to (not in place of!) the primary meanings tracy listed above.

1 - yeah, that's all i've got! the color for this area is purple (green + red).
2 - i also think of this as your reputation or what you are known for. element is fire, color is red.
3 - in addition to (romantic) relationships, this is also the area for feminine energy and motherhood. color is pink (red + white).
4 - family as in family of origin, i think - your past, ancestors, foundation. color is green, element is wood.
5 - vitality, life force energy. color is yellow/gold, element is earth.
6 - also future - the family you're building (as opposed to #4, the family you came from). color is white, element is metal.
7 - self-awareness, spirituality. color is blue (black + green).
8 - career (which i suppose could be the same as work), element is water, color is black.
9 - helpful people/friends/angels, travel, masculine energy and fatherhood. color is gray (black + white)

disclaimer: not an expert. like i said, i'm relying on google here, lol.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM

I will bbl later to read the rest of the thread. I just took down my treasure map because my daughter drew big black circles all over it. . I just realized though, that in the center of the map was the word "grace" with "light of the soul" written under it. Guess who was born in October? Yup... Grace. I never made that connection before. I too will be placing my map in a more prominent area this year. Like... over the computer screen... I spend WAY too much time on here!

hh2.gif

Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Picking up my momentum again. My youngest was really ill for a week and I couldn't get up to do things. Today I cleared up some really messy places and am feeling good.

I really like the discussion about the tone of the map, having it connected to a higher power. I was feeling uncomfortable about my current ideas, but couldn't identify why. I think this was it.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
what i need right now in my "relationship area" is wisdom, clarity and confidence to know what i want and to know how to act on it. i'll also take a bit of "feeling at peace with my decision"! i don't know what images will resonate with me at tm time, but i can guess - maybe a confident looking woman, maybe some tools to help navigate the unknown (compass, lantern), maybe some angels to carry everyone through the changes, whatever they may be. (or maybe by tm time, i will know what i want!)

if, by the time you are creating your tm, you know you will be ending your marriage, maybe your desires for your relationship will be things like balance, fairness, good communication, trust, healing. or maybe you won't want anything on there about your relationship at all, which is okay, too. i'm going to add to the "contents" of each bagua in my next post. i just wanted to say i'm in a similar place of uncertainty, but there are still things i know i do want - hth!
that's a good idea about using symbols like a compass or lantern. i hadn't even thought about using symbology that way!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:32 PM

I like the baguas idea, but I don't know a thing about feng shui. I had the idea to do my map around the seven chakras, which touch every aspect of my life in one way or another. What do you all think about this?

Leslie, open-hearted mama to 3.5 yr old dd and almost 1 yr ds
Old 01-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky*hawk View Post
I had the idea to do my map around the seven chakras, which touch every aspect of my life in one way or another. What do you all think about this?
i like it! then you could focus on each section of map while you do your chakra meditation.... hmmm. might borrow this idea.....

(eta: oh, and btw, my brilliant idea of map in kitchen did NOT work... lol, we're too busy there! so, now it's over the bed, and, i hope, working while i sleep.... ;-)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i like it! then you could focus on each section of map while you do your chakra meditation.... hmmm. might borrow this idea.....

(eta: oh, and btw, my brilliant idea of map in kitchen did NOT work... lol, we're too busy there! so, now it's over the bed, and, i hope, working while i sleep.... ;-)
I have a goal to learn more about and practice kundalini yoga. I didn't even think about incorporating my map into meditation practice before...hmmm
I love fertile ground!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM

So where do you put it? I love the idea of a great big orange map, but I don't really have any place to put it. DH is really not into these sorts of beliefs. I don't really have a place I could hang it as I don't really have "my own space" in the house. I'm toying with the idea of a sort of booklet like Theia suggested, but I keep imagining a big spiral shaped collage on a large orange posterboard. Hmm.

signature currently in transition
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
So where do you put it? I love the idea of a great big orange map, but I don't really have any place to put it. DH is really not into these sorts of beliefs. I don't really have a place I could hang it as I don't really have "my own space" in the house. I'm toying with the idea of a sort of booklet like Theia suggested, but I keep imagining a big spiral shaped collage on a large orange posterboard. Hmm.
This year I am keeping a gratitude journal. I bought one of those plain journals with a hard cardboard type cover. Since I am going to be using this journal everyday, I thought about putting my map on the covers of my journal. Granted, it would be small, but I would see it everyday.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
So where do you put it? I love the idea of a great big orange map, but I don't really have any place to put it. DH is really not into these sorts of beliefs. I don't really have a place I could hang it as I don't really have "my own space" in the house. I'm toying with the idea of a sort of booklet like Theia suggested,
My first map was on orange posterboard...I loved the energy of it.

I posted this in one of the treasure map threads already, but what I did this year was map each bagua on a separate sheet of scrapbook paper, assembled them, took a photo, blew it up just enough to see every thing and hung that in my bedroom. I then put the pages in a scrapbook album with blank pages on the facing pages. I review the map every month on the new moon and journal /write new affirmations on the facing pages where something has moved or needs to move.

I also photographed the individual baguas and uploaded the pictures to my computer, where they rotate as wallpaper. They are in front of my eyes every day. I suppose it would be easy to print off photos of the baguas or the map and make a little booklet to carry around with me.

Mapping on chakras -- what an interesting idea! I'm not quite clear enough on what the chakras represent. Maybe this would be a good way to develop that knowledge....
Old 01-26-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I'm not quite clear enough on what the chakras represent. Maybe this would be a good way to develop that knowledge....
or maybe saphire and i could get off our rears and do chakra camp....

where to put them-- clearly, i've been struggling with this one, lol... the ones i've done digitally, i've been able to use as desktop images, which is nice. could you do the big one and hang it in the closet or somewhere you could take a moment to look at it, but also take a photo, maybe even just a 3x5 and keep it by the bed, or in the kitchen, or the bathroom.... maybe even somewhere you could put a candle by it?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I like the baguas idea, but I don't know a thing about feng shui. I had the idea to do my map around the seven chakras, which touch every aspect of my life in one way or another. What do you all think about this?
that's how i do my new year's resolutions! last year, i cut a strip of paper and folded it into seven sections. i wrote the chakra info on the back of each section and the resolution on the front. then i folded it back up, and put a paperclip on it and put it in my wallet. it's still there, and i like to pull it out and look at it.

this year, i divided a page of my notebook (which i carry in my purse) into seven sections (top to bottom) and wrote them out that way.

great minds think alike!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:

Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I love this idea!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
that's how i do my new year's resolutions! last year, i cut a strip of paper and folded it into seven sections. i wrote the chakra info on the back of each section and the resolution on the front. then i folded it back up, and put a paperclip on it and put it in my wallet. it's still there, and i like to pull it out and look at it.

this year, i divided a page of my notebook (which i carry in my purse) into seven sections (top to bottom) and wrote them out that way.

great minds think alike!
What a great idea! A friend of mine on here told me about treasure mapping and in all my excitement I decided to do one around the new year
Tracy advised that I ditch it and do a new one on the Aries New Moon...but anyway, that's what my treasure map was based around. I did it around the new year because I fill out a New Year Questionnaire every year that has questions on it looking back at the year that passed and also questions about planning for the year ahead. Instead of filling out the section on the year ahead, I decided to do a treasure map for the new year.
I think I will really enjoy doing my treasure map on the Aries New Moon instead. I have just started reading Tracy's astrology articles and am really amazed at how my life seems to follow right along with them. Plus, I'm Aries born. What a great way to celebrate my birthday!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 PM

Root Chakra: 1st chakra, red, located between the anus and sexual organs, associated with the will to live, self-preservation, family, taking care of your body

Sacral Chakra: 2nd chakra, orange, located just below the navel, sexuality, sensuality, fertility, creativity

Solar Plexus Chakra or Navel Chakra: 3rd chakra, yellow, located just above the navel, will power, personality, self-control

Heart Chakra: 4th Chakra, green, located at the center of the chest at the level of the heart, love, empathy, humanity

Throat Chakra: 5th Chakra, blue, located at the larynx, communication, truth, inspiration

Third Eye Chakra: 6th Chakra, dark blue or violet blue, located in the middle of the forehead, intuition, wisdom, realization, awareness, fantasy, power of the imagination, self-knowledge

Crown Chakra: 7th Chakra, violet, white, or gold, located at the top of the head, spirituality, experience of higher planes, knowledge of God, enlightenment, self-realization, cosmic consciousness, religiosity

HTH a bit. I got this out a book called "A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony, and Inner Peace" by Kalashatra Govinda

I don't know any good links to recomment yet, or I would pass those along.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

love the chakra data!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM

subbing!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Ok, it's time.

I'll share 2 more funny TM manifestations. In 2008 I put a picture of a gardening book that I just enjoyed the cover of, no real intention of acquiring it, then a month or two later a good friend was gifted that book and let me borrow it. I thought it was cool because I didn't feel necessarily attracted to the book, but I got it anyways. And last year I placed several running in races pics, just wanting motivation to start running again. Then last month a couple friends asked me if I wanted to run a marathon with them again. It's been great motivation to get me out and running again, and with a race oriented focus.
This year in my "fame" area I felt really compelled to put a picture of a cobweb covered in dew in a meadow. The sunlight really lights it up. Then I put the words "the goddess of" in the area as well. It took me months to figure out that the LIGHT was what I was focusing on, but once I did, it just clicked. But it's more of how I see the world, as opposed to how the world sees me. I do feel a little bit less conspicuous, like the cobweb though. Funny how that works out.

Last year I struggled with do I make lists of what I want to TM or not. I ended up not listing, and things turned out fine. I also like to wait till NEW to get all the supplies, dh and I have turned treasure mapping into a very fun event. He's totally into it.
ok, rambled on long enough. Time to get working on a chakra camp!!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm reading "Simple Abundance" this year by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Today's entry talks about making Treasure Maps! How cool...

Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 AM

Okay so I've also been thinking about doing my TM around the native american medicine wheel:
North - white buffalo, winter, wisdom. So this section of my map could be about areas in my life where I need a bit of wisdom.
East - eagle, spring, illumination. This section would be about areas of my life where I need illumination - my path, etc.
South - coyote, summer, trust, innocence.
West - bear, fall, introspection.

What do you think?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM

that's cool. what's the center, then?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Okay so I've also been thinking about doing my TM around the native american medicine wheel:
North - white buffalo, winter, wisdom. So this section of my map could be about areas in my life where I need a bit of wisdom.
East - eagle, spring, illumination. This section would be about areas of my life where I need illumination - my path, etc.
South - coyote, summer, trust, innocence.
West - bear, fall, introspection.

What do you think?
Oh I like this alot. I might actually steal that from you, if that's ok. The feng shui one doesn't really speak to me, but this sure does.

Otherwise, I was planning to just sit down and see what comes to me, a sort of go-with-the-flow TM.

signature currently in transition

User Tag List