Preparing for Treasure Map 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 395 Old 02-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sunnysandiegan! Your tm rocks!!! It really opened a whole new layout image in my head and heart. I was so stuck on square baguas! So, I went through the previous posts and pulled out the words that certain areas were supposed to represent. Here is what I have.
Quote:
wealth, abundance, material possessions, reputation, ancestors, foundation, health, vitality, life force, creativity, children, future, family in progress, knowledge, traveling, self awareness, spirituality, work, career, masculine/feminine, spiritual, angels, helpful people, sexuality, emotions, relationships with others and self, will power, determination, intentions, healing, spiritual enlightenment, visualization of higher concepts and consciousnesses, fulfillment, unselfish love that is given without expecting something in return, openness to life, ego, compassion towards others, Wisdom of silence vs speak out, your inner voice, the meaning of your words, hearing others and silence.
Anything else to add?

hh2.gif

#122 of 395 Old 02-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
sunnysandiegan! Your tm rocks!!! It really opened a whole new layout image in my head and heart. I was so stuck on square baguas! So, I went through the previous posts and pulled out the words that certain areas were supposed to represent. Here is what I have.

Anything else to add?
Thanks!

Life purpose is one I would add. I struggled with work/career last year and stumbled upon "life purpose" when I was searching for meanings of the baguas. While work and career didn't fit (I am not working for a paycheck these days), life purpose was perfect and resonated for me.

That's a great list!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#123 of 395 Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM

Hi Tracy

The past two years I've been so excited to do TM but failed to follow through both years. This year I'm going to make it happen.

I'm wondering what I will do for the relationship area. My husband moved out mid August and in with another woman. We've maintained a decent relationship, at times strained, at times cordial, mostly fairly friendly. He just moved out from the house he was sharing with her 10 days ago. I got very hopeful he would want to work on reconciliation but he has not. I have gotten increasingly close to my college sweetheart over the past 3 months and just when it was getting hot, I ended that, just a few days ago. I feel lonely now but know it was the right decision. Despite just about everyone in my life encouraging me to move on, I still want to reconcile with my husband. Lots of issues there. It hardly seems appropriate to put up old pictures of us together. It hurts a lot.

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#124 of 395 Old 02-10-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wugmama View Post
Hi Tracy

The past two years I've been so excited to do TM but failed to follow through both years. This year I'm going to make it happen.

I'm wondering what I will do for the relationship area. My husband moved out mid August and in with another woman. We've maintained a decent relationship, at times strained, at times cordial, mostly fairly friendly. He just moved out from the house he was sharing with her 10 days ago. I got very hopeful he would want to work on reconciliation but he has not. I have gotten increasingly close to my college sweetheart over the past 3 months and just when it was getting hot, I ended that, just a few days ago. I feel lonely now but know it was the right decision. Despite just about everyone in my life encouraging me to move on, I still want to reconcile with my husband. Lots of issues there. It hardly seems appropriate to put up old pictures of us together. It hurts a lot.

~Tracy

First of all big hugs.

I realize you did not do treasure maps in the last two years but strangely you FEEL very ON TIME. I say that to say that you are right now sounding exactly like the final months of a Treasure Map. As I indicated we are in the final phase of the seeds we planted last Spring on Aries New Moon. Some people will still manifest some of the stuff that they planted. And some are sloughing off some of the seeds. Perhaps some stuff they planted they no longer have a Mojo. And a lot will simply be processing and won't know what they want until Aries New Moon.

you sound like you are processing.

There is something to be said for taking the next two months to clarify. Perhaps you actually talk to your husband about where his head is on returning. You write a long list of the things you want in a relationship and what your college boyfriend had or did not have, the same with your husband....take this time to process. Then in the end of march...let it all go. Release, release, release.

When New Moon comes in April you will be ready to put the right image and the right goal for relationships.

We can help you here.

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#125 of 395 Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I love, love, LOVE Treasure Maps!!!
And I love YOU!!!!

I've been mapping for a few years now and keep meaning to join the thread. DH and I do ours together and they hang for the year in our family room over the book cases. They are taken down when we are ready to put up the new ones. They are lovely to look at and also make it so that we focus our attention on them regularly.

We have had some FABULOUS things come to us as a result. The most amazing one being our home. It was on our TM from 2006 and a few months later we got it-the story is actually rather spectacular as we had no money, terrible credit as a result of medical bills and no way to purchase a home. Yet, here we are!

I'm so excited for this year's map! Dh and I are already collecting ideas and images. We do a mix of photos, hand drawn images, magazine cut outs and things printed off the 'net. I find them to be extremely grounding and they do a great job of helping me focus.
#126 of 395 Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I think I'm going to do this this year. Theia, I might have to swipe your idea of a portable one - something I can carry along in my bag to work, so that it's always there.

Off to read the preparing thread.

Funny enough DH and I have really been getting into purging things from the house lately.
yay mamas! i'm in for this year too! last year's is coming right along or at least everything is lining up for it to come right along around may of this year. moving/school plans are coming to fruition!

the de-cluttering was SUCH a good exercise last year and because we're moving in may we will need a LOT of decluttering.

eh. who needs a signature?
#127 of 395 Old 02-12-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm so excited for this year's map! Dh and I are already collecting ideas and images. We do a mix of photos, hand drawn images, magazine cut outs and things printed off the 'net. I find them to be extremely grounding and they do a great job of helping me focus
no cutting images now! wait until aries new moon. the things you want now may seem like you want but it all shifts after the april new moon.

we are now still processing out the last moon. Don't want to confuse the energies!

#128 of 395 Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Nope, we don't cut, tear out or assemble until the day of. Right now we're just collecting magazines, getting ideas and surfing the net for images. We dont' actually start the project or do any formal prepping until TM day.

WE collect magazines now, but don't even crack 'em open until after the new moon!
#129 of 395 Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM

How many days is the moon "new"? I vaguely recall 3-4 days last year (my first time TMing).

This year, we will be on our fabulous vacation (that I TM'd! ) until late on April 15th. I'm likely to be exhausted the next day, also, due to the time zone differences.

Shall I start it on the 17th and just go with the flow until it is finished?

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#130 of 395 Old 02-13-2010, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
How many days is the moon "new"? I vaguely recall 3-4 days last year (my first time TMing).

This year, we will be on our fabulous vacation (that I TM'd! ) until late on April 15th. I'm likely to be exhausted the next day, also, due to the time zone differences.

Shall I start it on the 17th and just go with the flow until it is finished?

#131 of 395 Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 PM

im going to start collecting magazines this week..exciting!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#132 of 395 Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 PM

sub
#133 of 395 Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Thanks Tracy! I'm 'scheduling' it in my calendar now...

#134 of 395 Old 02-19-2010, 04:07 AM

My daughter is living in Japan and wants to know if the Aries new moon is still on April 14th her time. She is 14 hours ahead of the eastern time zone.
#135 of 395 Old 02-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Morning

I have been doing a lot of cleaning, thinning things out, getting ready to do my first TM. I am excited and nervous. Thanks for all the information here, it's so helpful for someone like me who has no clue.

Ok, back to reading

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#136 of 395 Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM

The site will not allow me to copy and paste, but here's a link to a place where you can find all the moon phases dates and times, including time zone information.

April 14 @ 12:29 PM GMT

Then you adjust from there, according to your time zone and if your area participates in daylight savings time.

Another site you can use, once you know the new moon is on April 14 @ 12:29 pm GMT: timeanddate.com

I plugged in the info and here is what shows for around the world. [It only allows the minutes in 5 minute increments.]

I will be in Hawaii and didn't know if they participate in Daylight Savings Time or not, so the first link didn't help me as much as the second link. I now know the Aries new moon is @ 2:29 am on April 14 in Hawaii.

#137 of 395 Old 02-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sunnysandiegan, that's helpful! thanks! And it writes it out for the US time zones, I just had to look up when we switch from standard to daylight savings time (it's March, I know some areas do things differently but Texas doesn't).

Okay, so Central daylight savings time, that's 7:29am on April 14, which is a convenient time (instead of the middle of the day).
#138 of 395 Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Chinese New Year was last weekend -- the lunar new year and welcome-spring celebration for a lot of the world.

I am not Chinese, or Asian, but if I were, I'd probably be wanting to do a treasure map on the Chinese New Year. It is even traditional to clean and declutter one's home before Chinese New Year, and to wear new clothes on the new year to symbolize a fresh start. This reminds me strongly of the cleaning to prepare for Treasure Map time, and the using of new magazines and images to make the map.

Just thinking out loud here...the Aries new moon date works better for me in many ways, so I'm sticking with that -- certainly if the ancient timing for the start of a new year is supposed to coincide with spring, we don't see much spring around here until at least April.
#139 of 395 Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 AM

I haven't read most of the posts, but I've been thinking about this since last year. I wasn't able to get one done in time last year. This year, the timing is bad, too, as I'm planning a major Earth Day event on the 24th of April, but if I can make it happen this year, I will.

treehugger.gif
#140 of 395 Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky*hawk View Post
Okay so I've also been thinking about doing my TM around the native american medicine wheel:
North - white buffalo, winter, wisdom. So this section of my map could be about areas in my life where I need a bit of wisdom.
East - eagle, spring, illumination. This section would be about areas of my life where I need illumination - my path, etc.
South - coyote, summer, trust, innocence.
West - bear, fall, introspection.

What do you think?
Very cool. Someone asked what about the center? It could be the other 3 directions , Mother Earth, Father Sky and the Center of everything, the great mystery

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#141 of 395 Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 PM

Sounds wonderful! I'm noticing that ever since I've been reading Tracy's articles that my life seems to fall right along with what's going on astrologically. So sometimes I make plans and they are blown right out the window. I'm wondering what Aries New Moon will bring and if any of my prior ideas will actually manifest. Here's to going with the flow...

Leslie, open-hearted mama to 3.5 yr old dd and almost 1 yr ds
#142 of 395 Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm very excited for TMing this year.
This will be my thrid year doing so. I had very subtle manifestations on my map this year. And the movement was very slow. I'm very disconnected with my '09 map now and am ready to send it to the recycle bin. I'm going to hang on to it until right before the New Moon (in case anything else happens last minute) and then go and tear it apart at the recycle bin so I can release it all.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#143 of 395 Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
looking back on my TM - i find it all has been sooo interesting.

this year will be my 6th year doing it. i see how my focus has changed thru the maps. interesting that the things that happened were the ones that should have happened and the ones that shouldnt have didnt work out. it is absolutely mind blowing how all the what i thought of as negatives turned into actual positives over a period of time.

as i truly get in touch with my real self and put the real stuff on my map (its taken me all these years to figure it out) my TM is truly a happening thing. i love it.

so i am excited to see what happens this year.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#144 of 395 Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky*hawk View Post
Sounds wonderful! I'm noticing that ever since I've been reading Tracy's articles that my life seems to fall right along with what's going on astrologically. So sometimes I make plans and they are blown right out the window. I'm wondering what Aries New Moon will bring and if any of my prior ideas will actually manifest. Here's to going with the flow...

#145 of 395 Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Question for all the "experienced" TM'ers - does the universe ever set up a or make declutter for you in preparation for the next year??

2010 is my first year and my mindset is all about clearing out, making room and welcoming/accepting and to be honest this issue could be seen as "bad" or "good" in terms of some goals I've wanted for a while.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#146 of 395 Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Question for all the "experienced" TM'ers - does the universe ever set up a or make declutter for you in preparation for the next year??

2010 is my first year and my mindset is all about clearing out, making room and welcoming/accepting and to be honest this issue could be seen as "bad" or "good" in terms of some goals I've wanted for a while.
If I understand your question, YES!!! Last year was my first Treasure Map. I didn't discover Tracy's thread until a few weeks before TM time (late March). Meanwhile, I had spent MONTHS going through every single room in our house (one room a month) completely cleaning top to bottom and purging all the items we no longer needed/wanted. I had started in 2008 with this process and was completely ready for TM time without even knowing decluttering was a good preparation step. My 2009 TM is awesome and most things have or are coming to fruition.

My advice is to trust the process and do what you feel compelled to do. "Bad" and "good" are labels. They may or may not be true. You know what is true for you in your heart. Best wishes!

#147 of 395 Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
If I understand your question, YES!!! Last year was my first Treasure Map. I didn't discover Tracy's thread until a few weeks before TM time (late March). Meanwhile, I had spent MONTHS going through every single room in our house (one room a month) completely cleaning top to bottom and purging all the items we no longer needed/wanted. I had started in 2008 with this process and was completely ready for TM time without even knowing decluttering was a good preparation step. My 2009 TM is awesome and most things have or are coming to fruition.

My advice is to trust the process and do what you feel compelled to do. "Bad" and "good" are labels. They may or may not be true. You know what is true for you in your heart. Best wishes!
Sunny - you've answered my question perfectly. The good & bad are just labels but its funny how people view an event - like its either good or bad. I didn't want to get too much into the event with my inital question and take us O.T.

Thanks for the advice and I'm going to trust the process and my gut feeling about what needs to be done and trust everything will work out as its supposed to.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#148 of 395 Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 AM

Subbing

married to DH for eleven years Mama to dd1 1/30/07 and dd2 7/12/10
#149 of 395 Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Apparently DH needed to do some decluttering in our relationship. We had a big argument last night, but I think it "cleaned out the closet" so to speak, and now we can move ahead and make things better in many areas of our lives (a lot of which are big treadure map areas for me).
#150 of 395 Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
rn

Hello,

I have been following along and making treasure maps for the past four years.

Anyway,
It has been my understanding that we are not supposed to buy or get the new supplies to make it with until the the new moon phase when we can actually make the map.

I noticed with some of these posts that people are collecting things now to use on their t maps, Is that okay?

I am really looking forward to my new map btw! I don't really come to mdc that much anymore, but this time of the year, I find myself drawn here knowing that the Treasure Map thread is here and I can refresh myself w/ the rules and all that should be done to help it along.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page